• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 730 Views, 24 Comments

Fires of Friendship and Ice of Hatred - Super Ponyman



Sequel to "Nightmare Ponyville" an ancient threat to Equestria returns, Burning Star and the Main Six must face the most dangerous villain there ever faced. A villain who wants nothing more than the destruction of Equestria with her Frost Army!

  • ...
 24
 730

Prologue: A Storm is Coming...

Author's Note:

Hello Again! It's Super Ponyman! I'm back with a sequel to "Nightmare Ponyville"


The big villain this time is a relatively unknown species only mentioned in some the Hearths Warming Episode, the Winter bringing monsters have come back!

Also, we have a ship tease between Shadow Armor, the dark clone of Shining Armor, and a familiar Horn-less unicorn...

(The Frozen North, 10 Years ago...)

Sunset landed in the frozen north. She looked back and saw that no pony was in sight, it was all snow and ice.

A crazed laugh filled the air as an Icy Pony materialized in front of her, it stared her down and her legs began to freeze up.

The icy being grabbed Sunset by the neck, saying in a hissing voice.

"You think you are the besssst at evil?"

Sunset was slowly being frozen into a statue, as the icy pony paced around her.

"I'm the besssst."

Sunset took a last breath as she was frozen into a icy statue. She was completely frozen!

The icy pony smiled, before speaking to Sunset's frozen body.

"And you will be my weapon againssssst Celessssita and Luna..."

He looked towards Equestria, smiling even wider.

"You better bundle up, ponies. Cause old pony winter is coming..."

The Icy Pony laughed out a scary laugh, before disappearing with a few last words.

"And hisss name issss Frost Soul."

The Icy Pony stood amongst the snowdrifts, looking upon his prize, the infamous Sunset Shimmer.

He hissed out, "This will be a perfect gift for my queen... maybe she will reward me for my efforts, once I unfreeze this moronic pony, my queen will steal her immense supply of magic... then maybe she will let me have her as my slave..."

The icy pony known as Frost Soul stood as tall as Princess Celestia, his fur was Bright white with ice blue snowflakes running down his legs and up his neck. A sharp horn made of ice protruded from his head, Wings made of ice adorned his back, He possessed no hooves in his current form, he had wispy clouds for feet and a mane and tail made of sharp icicles. His dark red eyes highlighted his condition.

He was Albino, but for a damn good reason...

He was a Windigo, an ancient race of Icy spirits who fed off misery and negativity, and with the recent events of the "Daybreaker Incident" and the "Nightmare Ponyville Crisis", his race, while few in number, had plenty of food to eat.

They may have killed a few hundred ponies, but Windigos didn't care, they had one final goal.

To trap Equestria in a winter so cold that will kill off everypony who isn't an Alicorn.

Then their Queen will slay the Alicorns that commanded the kingdom...

Frost Soul smirked, "Who will sssstop ussss now?"

(Twilight's Castle, Ten Years Later, Twilights Dream)

“Hello?” Her voice echoed around her like she had spoken into the cavernous maw of an Ursa Major’s cave.

Her ears perked up as she noticed
The element of magic upon her head began to feel heavier upon her brow as unease began to descend upon the princess.

She kept walking forward into the black abyss. After a moment she tried to examine her surroundings, but closer inspection revealed; well more nothing.

She could see her hooves plain as day, but the ground was unknown from any kind of recognizable terrain.

With a sigh she voiced her foremost thought in hope that some revelation would come to her, “Where am I?”

An icy voice pierced the void, "Well... Well... we finally meet at last, Element of Magic."

Twilight felt a shiver go up her spine, she noticed the air was getting colder, she tried to cast a fire spell to warm her, but it did no good.

Twilight asked an obvious question, "Who is there? How do you know Me? Show yourself!"

An icy mist appeared around Twilight Sparkle, revealing her surroundings,

She was the Frozen North! Standing on a glacier, overlooking a giant cliff.

The voice spoke again, "Im surprised, element of magic... that you don't recognize me."

Twilight turned around and fell on her flanks, a stark white pony with red eyes was staring down at her. He looked creepy and dangerous,

Then again, it seems like everyone with red eyes is creepy and dangerous nowadays?

"You I can hear every thought your thinking right?"

Twilight stepped back in fear, mindful of the cliff behind her.

The icy pony spoke to Twilight, "Your mind is so open and vulnerable, element of Magic. I would expect you to keep closer guard over your thoughts..."

Twilight Sparkle sneered, "Hey! Don't rummage around in my head, who are you anyways?"

The icy pony bowed, "My name is Frost Soul, I am an emissary of the Frost Queen of the Windigos. You are probably wondering why I came to you.... Element of Magic."

Twilight Sparkle sighed, "Let me guess, your here to try and scare me with your ominous appearance and tell me a prophecy that these "Windigos" are here to conquer Equestria and freeze it to kill thousands with a ritual or something similar to that? Because trust me, I've been through worse than a little deep freeze..."

Frost Soul snorted, clearly annoyed. "Why do you say this so nonchalantly, Element of Magic? How many times have you dealt with things like this?"

Twilight Sparkle rolled her eyes, "A lot, Frost Soul. There are always ponies that will try this every once in a while."

Frost Soul growled, "There are no creatures like me. The Windigos are completely unique in every way."

Twilight Sparkle said in a clearly fed up tone, "There are always ponies like you. Ponies who think that they can exercise their power to oppress others, we have already dealt with a Shadow King called Sombra, you are not new news to us, Frost Soul."

Frost Soul inhaled and blasted a beam of icy energy, Twilight blocked it easily and countered with a lightning bolt, which collided with Frost Soul and left a burn mark on his face, which made him cry out in pain.

Twilight Sparkle smiled, "Really? You think I'm afraid of you? I know what you Windingos are weak to, extremely hot temperatures. My husband told me about his encounter with one of you monsters, it's funny how you think you have the element of surprise, but you don't."

Frost Soul roared, "You will regret this, Element of Magic... next time you will be mine. My queen will hear of this!"

Twilight Sparkle smirked and said, "Tell her this message, Frost Soul, that Equestria is ready to defend against anything she can throw at us!"

With that, Frost Soul turned into a icy mist and flew off.

Twilight Sparkle woke up, a smile on her face, she had just told one of the most powerful creatures in Equestria to pretty much "buck off."

But, She had some doubts about her show of bravado against that Windigo, if they actually were back... then Ponyville, no, all of Equestria would be in danger, AGAIN!

Twilight Sparkle jumped out of bed and went to go make breakfast for her family,

Her husband Dawn "Burning" Star

And her Alicorn twin children, Star Tail and Ash Mane, both of which were nearing their tenth birthday.

Twilight Sparkle thought to herself, "Sweet Celestia, can't we just settle down to have a family WITHOUT having a world ending crisis?"

(The Frozen North, Palace of the Windigo Queen)

Way up in the Frozen north, past the crystal empire, past the ruins of Castle Nevermore, was a lake called the Lake of the Dead. It was said to be a portal between the world of the living and the spirit world.

This was a place of sacred power, it was a place that the spirits of the dead could pass back into the world of the living.

Sitting in the middle of the lake on a small island was a large ice keep that stood tall like a massive wall reaching into the heavens.

This was The Glacier Fortress, home of the windigos and the frozen golems they made for slave labor.

Within the center of the giant quartet of icy walls was the Palace of the Windigo Queen.

The enigmatic, powerful, and terrifying Windigo Queen Diamanda.

Frost Soul staggered into the throne room of the massive tower, his Queen sitting on a throne of frozen pony bones.

She looked quickly towards Frost Soul, then smiled smugly and said to her minion, "Ah, Frost Soul. How was your scouting for a pony with vast magic reserves?"

Frost Soul said nervously, "Well... I found one."

Diamanda replied, still admiring herself in her mirror. "Just one? I'm disappointed in you, Frost Soul. How do you expect me to maintain my illustrious beauty with just one pony?"

Diamanda turned towards Frost Soul and stretched her wispy legs. She was about the size of Celestia, and was covered in snow white fur with was covered with icy hairs. A six pointed crystal crown sat atop her head, which held a pair of bright golden eyes. Her mane and tail flowed like water, much like Celestia's, and across her chest sat an Crystalline breast plate with the symbol of the Windigos, an eight sided white diamond set in the center of a eight pointed light blue star.

Diamanda put her mirror down and walked over to Frost Soul, then choked him with her wispy hooves.

"Listen here you little snowflake, I have had enough of your little excuses of not finding ponies to feed off... something inside you must be still connected to your pony side... I thought that when we buried your pony mother and cut your ties to their world that you would finally become one of us... a true cold blooded killer."

Frost Soul pried the queens hooves off his neck, and said to her. "I have fulfilled my end of the bargain, My Queen! I brought you a pony with vast magic reserves, you need to fulfill your end of the bargain."

Diamanda threw Frost Soul across the floor with a blast of wind. She roared in anger, "YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO GIVE ORDERS YOU REBELLIOUS SWINE!"

Frost Soul backed up, fear in his eyes. "Sorry my queen, I forgot who had the power here..."

Diamanda smirked, "Don't let it happen again, Frost Soul. I will end you in the blink of an eye. Is that clear?"

Frost Soul gave a slow nod, "Yes My Queen..."

Queen Diamanda walked back to her throne and sat down, picking up her mirror again and admiring her beauty.

"Soon, all of Equestria will be frozen over and beautiful. So many reflections of me and my beauty..."

(Ponyville, Shadow Armor's Home)

Shadow Armor had taken up residence in Ponyville finally, he lived near the outskirts of the Everfree, in a dark red and gray brick house. He had it built like his old fortress home, Castle Nevermore.

It was raining hard outside, lightning roared through the black skies.

Shadow Armor sat down inside his home on his gray couch. He was drinking a nice soda and reading the book "Shadowy Love".

He found it while walking around the town, some pony named Finn was selling copies, it was a book written about Twilight and King Sombra getting together as a couple.

Shadow Armor thought to himself, "Who in Equestria would read stuff like this? This is WAY too descriptive."

Shadow Armor heard a knock on the door, he got up and grumbled to himself.

"its 11pm, who the hell is up this late?"

Shadow Armor looked through the peephole in his door. He saw a red mane and thought to himself,

"Burning Star wouldn't be up this late, and he hates the rain..."

Shadow Armor opened the door slightly and said, "Who is it?"

A female voice cried out in exhaustion, "Let me inside, fool. I am wet, cold, and exhausted."

Shadow Armor opened the door wide and was surprised by what he saw. A weird burning feeling filled his chest...

It was a Unicorn mare with Maroon fur and a bright red mane and tail styled very similar to a mohawk, her bright blue reflected the stare of Shadow Armor's red ones.

The most unusual thing about her was her horn, she seemed to lack one, as if it was broken off by something... or someone.

Shadow Armor felt something he has never felt before, pity.

He knew just how important a horn was to a unicorn, without it, they were pretty much helpless.

Shadow Armor swallowed his suspicions about the mare and let her in, she rushed over to the fireplace and took off her chest plate, revealing strong muscles and visible scars.

He walked over to her and put a blanket around her, "You seem cold, mare. What's your name?"

Shadow Armor bowed, "I am Shadow Armor, black knight of the former Shadow King, Sombra. Who are you?"

The mare answered with a quick response,

"I am Tempest Shadow, former high commander of the Storm King, and I need a home."

Shadow Armor felt a hot feeling in his chest, he didn't know what it was, but it was very... familiar to how Shining Armor felt around Cadence...

He thought to himself, "No, it's not possible, am I in love at first sight?"

Tempest Shadow groaned, "Stop fawning over me, you oaf. I am not that attractive, who would want to love somepony like me? A scarred, beaten, and maimed pony..."

Shadow Armor grasped Tempest's face, "You don't look so bad, Tempest. And coming from me, that's a big compliment..."

Tempest Shadow thought to herself, "maybe I could trust this stallion...

Maybe, just maybe...