• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 878 Views, 11 Comments

Gilded Sunburst - MJP



Mismatched couple Gilda and Sunburst deal with love, life, friends, and everything in between

  • ...
5
 11
 878

Asking a Girl (Chapter III)

Chapter is from Sunburst's perspective.

text in orange is Sunburst's monologue

“Alright Sunburst, pull yourself together.”

I adjusted my bow tie and suit as I pulled out a list from a pocket on my suit.

-get 2 tickets for the magic show

-get flowers, rock cd and maybe some booze for Gilda

-call Gilda and make sure she’s home DON’T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY UNTIL I ARRIVE.

-avoid mom and Starlight

-ask Gilda to be my girlfriend and invite her to the magic show

-if she says no, go sulk in my room while your mom calls you and tells you so.

I folded the list back up and put it back in the suit pocket before heading over to the small flower stand.

“Um, excuse me?”

The girl behind the stand turned to me. She had a light pink complexion, thin and messy pink hair, and a white long sleeve sweater with pink fur trimmings.

“Wait, you’re not the girl who’s usually here.”

The girl looked at me, silent and dead-eyed before bending over to pick up a few signs that looked to be written in crayon. All while she was showing them to me she was blowing a long raspberry at me for some reason.

HELLO! mY NAmE IS FLUFFlE PuFF, I TooK a JOB at THIS STAND to BUY SomETHING For MY FIAnce’s BURfDaY

“Um...okay...Fluffle Puff. I want to buy flowers for a girl I like. Is there anything you recommend?”

Fluffle just blinked before chewing on her sign. I raised my eyebrow at her. Fluffle then pointed to a bouquet of yellow and pink on the side which I picked out, only for her to grab them and started eating them.

I just looked at her before saying to myself, “Hey, it’s just as well, they didn’t match her color that well.” I ignored Fluffle and continued looking at the flowers at the stand. “Would Gilda even like flowers?”

“Plllbbt.”

“You didn’t need to answer, I was just thinking out loud. And of course, she would.”

“Plllbbt.”

I once again ignored her and continued to look through the stand. After a while, I spotted two bouquets, a small one with an assortment of lavenders and white daisies and a larger one with an assortment of black and red roses.

“I admit that this one might be a little dreary for what I’m doing, but I have a feeling Gilda might have a thing for dark flowers with thorns, I always took her for the edgy type.”

Fluffle raised an eyebrow at me (all while eating more flowers).

“Hey, cut me some slack, I haven’t dated many girls, in fact, why am I worrying? It’s not like I don’t know her.”

Fluffle pointed to me. “Plllbbt?”

“Yeah sure I’ll buy the black and red ones.” I handed fluffle the money and took the flowers and headed towards my car, Fluffle starting to eat the other set.


Next stop...Liquor store.
____________________

I’ve never bought alcohol before, so it’s no surprise that I had a bit of trouble trying to figure out where everything was. Though I didn’t have too much trouble finding something Gilda would like, especially since she may or may not have let her alcohol preferences slip during one of our study sessions.

“Um, would you mind telling me where the scotch whiskey is?” I inquired the cashier, to which she pointed to some shelves on the edge of the store. “Okay, thanks.”

I headed towards that section of the store to browse their selections. “God it’s a good thing the foundation pays me way too much, some of this crap is expensive.”

I backed away from one of the shelves, I accidentally bumped into someone behind me.

“Oh, I’m so sorry…” I turned around to see none other than my old ‘friend’ Starlight Glimmer. Oh jeez, why today?

“Oh, hey Sunburst, never thought I’d see you here.”

I groaned internally at the sight of her face. “T-the booze isn’t for me, it’s...for a girl I like.”

“You’re dating an alcoholic? That’s rapey.”

[color=#ff7a08Oh, Starlight, that choice of words could not be any poorer. I just stood there shocked that anyone would say something so ludicrous.“Starlight, that sentence makes no sense.”

“Just...forget I said that. Anyway, if you’re free this Saturday, I’d like you to come to an equality foundation meeting.”

“No.”

“No to what?”

“Just...no, Starlight, first of all, I’m not free this Saturday, I’ve been planning to go to Trixie and Mr. Pot’s show in Canterlot for weeks. Second of all, I have no interest in whatever crazy macabre emo ideal you’re peddling. Never have, never will. Third of all, and listen to me carefully cause I’m only going to say this once, I AM NOT INTO YOU ANYMORE!”

“Why not?”

I sighed I hated raising my voice. “I think you already know, so do us both a favor and leave me alone.” Starlight just walked away from me, probably not wanting to make things worse and show some sense for once. “Oh and by the way…” Starlight stopped. “I suggest not making assumptions about people you don’t know.”

And you know her so well, Sunburst, like you knew me.”

I promptly ignored her as she walked away, not wanting to deal with too much of the insane emo Marxist at one time. Wow, did I seriously call her that?

I continued looking at the alcohol on the shelf, trying to shake my bad mood. Hmm, this brand looks like some well-made stuff. I took the bottle from the shelf and held it up to the light a bit. Oh, and note to self: read up on alcoholic drinks.

I hope Gilda likes this. I headed up to the counter, showed my I.D. card, and promptly handed the cashier my money. She placed the scotch in a brown paper bag and I left for my next destination: the music store, then Gilda's place.


Dashell house
______________

Surprisingly, my trip to the music store went without incident. Well, aside from hiding out from my mother and trying to keep her from seeing alcohol that I bought.

Seriously, I’m 21 years old and I don't even live in your house anymore, mom.

“*sighs* Okay, I may have only known you for a months or so, but every time I see you and hang out with you, I feel...happy, I guess...no, that doesn’t sound right, let me try again.” I looked at myself in my car side mirror. “Look, Gilda, I like you, like a lot...who talks like that...Gilda, I may have known you for a few months, but I really like you, you’re tough and sweet, no she wouldn’t like that, let’s do this thing again.” Breathe in, breathe out, don’t stress yourself out, Sunburst.

“Hello, Gilda you look beautiful this evening. It is evening, right.” I checked my phone. “Yeah. Ok, like I was saying. Gilda, you look beautiful this evening, I want to give these things to you, and ask you to Trixie and Jack-Pot’s magic show over at the amphitheater this coming Saturday?”

“You know, you didn’t have to dress up in a suit for this?”

I turned around, shocked to see Gilda standing there behind me in her blue Melissa’s uniform. “G-Gilda, what are you doing here.”

“I was working the afternoon/early evening shift today, I was just coming home when I saw you talking to your car mirror about me.” She took a look at my vehicle. “Nice wheels by the way, though I prefer a muscle car over a coupe, not too bad for an electric.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It’s a car thing, I’ll tell you later. So, what was it you wanted to ask me?”

“Well, I’ve been seeing you for a couple weeks, as part of our study sessions, you know. And I have two tickets to Trixie and Jack-Pot’s magic show this Saturday, and I was going to ask you if you would go with me...as my g-girlfriend.” I handed Gilda her gifts as I asked her.

“You don't need to hand me flowers.”

“I just wanted to make you happy, I probably should have known you don’t like flowers.”

“Hey, don’t be so hard on yourself, it’s very sweet of you.” She then promptly pulled out the booze I had bought her. “Hey, you got me scotch! You know me so well, Sonny.”

I chuckled nervously while rubbing the back of my head. “Y-yeah, I guess I do.” I promptly cleared my throat and tightened my tie. “So, will you be my girlfriend, and go with me to the show?”

Gilda sighed happily she was so cute when she did that. “Personally, I’m just glad you weren’t creeped out by holding your hand last Saturday. And I don't know why you need to be asked to be someone’s girlfriend.” Gilda paused for a moment, contemplating my question before shrugging, with simultaneous apathy and sincerity. “Yeah, I guess I’ll be your girlfriend if you really need to ask that, it couldn’t hurt, and let’s face it, we both need more people in our lives.” She grinned as she walked up to me and kissed me on the forehead. “See you Saturday, nerd.”

Author's Note:

Stellar flare and Freddy Benson's mom should totally hang out.

and to those who say that Starlight's dialogue was moronic, I'll just point out that it was SUPPOSED TO BE MORONIC, Starlight in the EQG universe is still crazy and hypocritical, and no, her scene here wasn't (entirely) pointless, and you'll see when the next chapter comes out.

like I promised, more chapters are on the way, that's my two cents, MJP out.:trixieshiftright:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment