• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 1,269 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Immortal: A Story of Learning to Let Go - Cinnamon Clover



After an accident claims the rest of her family, Sweetie Belle struggles to move on.

  • ...
5
 9
 1,269

Chapter Two: A Sad Day For The Crusaders

My Little Immortal- Chapter Two: A Sad Day For The Crusaders


Disclaimer: I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Sweetie Belle, Rarity, Apple Bloom, Applejack or any of the main characters in this story. All those rights belong to Hasbro. I also do not own My Immortal, which is owned by Evanesence. I however DO own this story, a few minor characters and the other things I have written.


Summary: After a fatal accident that kills her sister and parents, Sweetie Belle thinks about her family and mourns the loss the only way she knows how: to sing.


Scootaloo left a cloud of dust in her wake as she sped down the path towards the Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse. Upon arriving, she leaned her scooter up against the tree that held their HQ up. She trotted up to the tree house, only to find it empty.

"Apple Bloom! Sweetie Belle! Where are you guys!" she called.

She shrugged it off as Apple Bloom still doing her chores and Sweetie Belle wanting to sleep in a little after the late night ride back to Ponyville. She decided she'd meet Apple Bloom back at the farmhouse.

Before even making it down to the landing, Apple Bloom was spotted making her way over to the clubhouse with Sweetie Belle not far behind. Scootaloo run up to greet her friends when she suddenly stopped in her tracks.

Sweetie Belle was trying (and failing) to retain a smile in front of her friends. In fact, it looked like it was taking a whole lot of effort not to have an emotional break down. Apple Bloom was obviously wearing a brave face for Sweetie's sake. Scootaloo looked worryingly at her friends, mostly Sweetie Belle. She gave Apple Bloom a questioning look which was met with pleading eyes and shake of the head. She knew what that meant, "don't ask".

Deciding to honor her friend's request, she let her friends by and followed them back up to the clubhouse.


"So, Sweetie Belle, how was Manehattan?" Scootaloo asked, trying to make some light conversation while Apple Bloom went to get some apple cider for all of them.

"It was ok, I guess." Sweetie Belle replied, silently praying that a) Scootaloo would drop the subject at that or b) Apple Bloom would return.

It turned out it was neither.

"Did you have a nice ride back to Ponyville? I heard that there was a train accident last night not long before you got back." Scootaloo said.

Sweetie Belle knew Scootaloo meant no harm in it, nor even knew what went down. She tried very hard to keep her composure, but her efforts were fruitless as her tear glands started to flow.

"Sweetie, you ok?" the orange pegasus asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." the white unicorn said through gritted teeth.

She was no where near fine but she didn't particularly wish to talk about it. Scootaloo didn't believe her for a second but realized that she was discussing a topic Sweetie Belle was rather touchy about and decided to drop it for her friend's sake, just as Apple Bloom was wearing the brave face.


Later that day, after Sweetie went to her magic lessons with Twilight, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo expressed their concerns of the unicorn's emotional well being.

"I'm really worried about her. I was trying to make some small talk with her while you were getting the cider and she broke out into tears." Scootaloo told her earth pony friend.

"What was the topic?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I asked her if she had enjoyed her ride back to Ponyville or if she had slept on the ride back." Scootaloo answered before getting a smack on the head from Apple Bloom's right fore hoof.

"Why did you HAVE to ask about that!" the yellow filly exclaimed, "Didn't you hear about the train accident last night!

"Yeah! It happened a train coming in from Manesota! Half an hour before her train was scheduled to arrived!" Scootaloo hollered.

"No, it was the train from Manehattan, the one Sweetie and her folks were on! When they were half an hour away from reaching the station! We're lucky to have her with us!" Apple Bloom argued before sinking back and continuing at barely above a whisper, "They're gone"

"What?" Scootaloo asked, her concern growing at a rapid pace.

"Sweetie's folks! They're gone!" Apple Bloom said a little bit louder than she intended, practically shouting at her friend and fellow crusader.

"That's terrible!" exclaimed her companion, her voice ringing with pure sincereness.

"Wait, how do you know this?" the small pegasus then asked..

Apple Bloom took a deep breathe in and released it in a sigh.

"She's staying here at the acres with my family." she then said, having now regained some of her composure.

There were a few moments of awkward silence. Even though it was only four, five seconds tops, it seemed to go on for hours on end in their minds. Finally, Scootaloo noticed that the sun was beginning to dip below the horizon.

"I should probably get going." the orange pegasus said excusing herself from the clubhouse.

"Yeah, I should probably meet up with Sweetie so she don't have to walk back to the acres in the dark." her yellow companion seconded before following her lead of exiting the tree house.

"I can give you a ride over to the library if you want?" the flightless pegasus offered as she retrieved her little blue scooter.

"Nah, I think I'll just walk." the pink maned earth pony replied.

"Kay, I'll see you later then." her orange fill bid farewell before speeding back down the path to Ponyville.

The youngest member of the Apple clan then took to the path herself, hoping that things would turn out all right for her distraught unicorn friend.


If you were wondering why I'm letting foals as young as the Cutie Mark Crusaders have open access to apple cider I'll tell you in the simplest way possible. In the human world, cider and alcohol aren't the same thing and children do have easy access to it. The only reasons adults sometimes won't let them drink it if they have it at home are sugars and punishment for misbehaving. Harangue me if you must but I don't agree with that common head cannon

Comments ( 3 )

Well, I honestly don't see much that needs work, besides the pacing, which is a little too fast.:unsuresweetie:

969980 (EpicSmiley13)

Thanks, I'll try to improve! I'm really just glad every chapter besides the prologue is >1000.

I love Evanesence's My Immortal. That's why I came here >.>

Login or register to comment