• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 1,848 Views, 29 Comments

I am Umbra Nova - worst day with sunny sky

  • ...
7
 29
 1,848

Of Bear and ponies

Thanks for my editor. He can have Twilight.


It was no ordinary monster that stood behind me. It had many similarities to bear, but it was at least five times bigger than me. Like, it was the sky of the night, it had perfect violet body, illuminating purple with star like dots, and the body itself was like it would plunge me into the void. The creature had yellow colored eyeballs, and red iris. And on its forehead, it had a noticeably huge star, shining brightly in blue. On its mouth, it had two huge ivory fangs, ready to bite me, rip me off in half. Honestly, I was scared, and in panic state.

“ROOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!” The creature roared, getting ready to attack.

I did not hesitate to run for my life. Not only I was smaller, but also not as courageous as you might think. And I was never a good fighter either. As I run away, I grabbed a backpack that was sitting next to the wall, and started to sprint like hell, but despite my size, I was pretty fast. I heard the creature running behind me, and every step it made, a ringing TUMP could be heard and it shake the cave. Then the creature jumped and pinned me on to the ground, as it did, the spikes on my back made a huge track on the ground as well as scattering pieces of stones and rocks. Orange hot burning flares sprayed like steel clashing to steel.

“ARGGHHHH!!!!”

The force of the creature made my hand let go of my bag, and flied side of the cave, hitting the wall. Before it could hit me with its evil claws, I quickly punched its jaw with my tightly folded fist. The creature lost its balance for a minute, but it quickly gained its composer. But this gave me enough time to slip off from the monster’s grasp. I grabbed each of my fists and hold it high, and then strike its neck. The monster fell, but it just got even angrier. I held its gigantic claw and punched my head, but it was weird that it didn’t hurt so much. So, I gave an uppercut to this foul creature, the creature looked to lose its balance of a moment. This was the time. I started to run out of the cave, but boom. Within split of seconds I was stuck in a wall. Again. I pulled my body out there, and glared to the monster. But I also felt something inside me… it was some sort of power? Then what I noticed next wasn’t me running. I was fighting. I was furious.

The bear again held its gigantic claw, and strike towards me with enormous force and speed, but I moved forward. And When I got enough distance, I launched myself to the air, and threw a heavy blow towards its stomach. It wasn’t worthless however, I made it fall on its back, and I took this as an advantage. I jumped on its head, and started to punch its face rapidly, and I saw pain on its face. I could now see it was bleeding. But not so long, I was hit by its left foot. It made me fly into the wall, and made a deep hole that looks like me. (this time, really stuck in a wall.) Not to mention that large amount of rocks collapsed all around me. It did hurt pretty badly, but I continued on. I quickly got on my feet and…breath fire. It wasn’t a breath like what I used before.This one swarmed the creature, and made half of the cave like oven, literally cooking the creature; however, the creature escaped and came straight to me. Of course, I could not stop it. I again flew towards to the wall. Then the creature rapidly slashed me. This time, because of its multiple attacks, the pain was present, but bearable. I quickly pulled my arms to defend myself, but it did no good. I could feel my blood tensing up, and my mouth shut tight. I used my spike that was located on my knee, and stabbed it multiple times. The creature yelled in pain. This was my chance. I quickly got up, and gave it another stab on right side of its neck. Quite a lot of crimson blood rushed out. When I saw blood streaming down, I pushed it deeper, and twisted. The creature struggled, but as it did, it just only got deeper, making the wound more fatal. Then, I sensed something. I sensed a creature, but not know what. It seemed like dragons have high sensors. My eyes opened wide and looked to outside of the cave. I did not know what it was but it wasn’t one. There were quite many. I had to check them. It didn’t feel like I was in a zoo for seeing animals, or go to ‘BestBuy’ to see new computer components. It felt like something was burning in my mind. It felt like… If I don’t see them, I was going to die. It’s very much the same feeling to when you want to watch porn but internet doesn’t work. But it’s multiple times worse than that. I also felt that something was controlling my mind. What is it? So, I stood up, still my spike stuck in creature’s neck. The creature still groaned in pain. I pulled out using my feet to push the monster, and walked towards the entrance/exit of the cave, and right outside of it, I saw six figures. Figures that looked like ponies… Colorful ponies with human-like features. They just stood there, like they were a stone, and stared at me, with their mouth wide opened. Also, however this goes for me, too because, they looked so similar to the Mane Six. As I tried to move closer to them, to see a better look, then with a huge roar, the creature ran towards me and, bit me on my head, and dragged me in to the cave again. I also gave a roar. I quickly grabbed its jaw, and started to pull it apart. The, I again used fire inside of it. This worked out good. This started to burn down its head. I pulled my head out, and tore the jaw bone apart from its head. Massive blood and fragments of tissues sprayed. My eyes were intensely glowing red, and also gave out red burning smokes in to the air. Between my black scales and plates, the red and orange color light illuminated. I felt power. I felt like a god. While the creature tried to stand, I gave it a heavy blow on its chest. I turned around and kicked its waist, and for the end, I gathered all fingers in to middle of my hand, and I stabbed its chest, while it was falling on to me. The beast gave a last call before the death. My hand searched inside of his chest cavity, and grabbed something that seems to be an organ and pulled it out. Blood sprayed like fountain, and it was really great that some amount of blood made outside of the cave, where the ponies were. The Ursa fell right beside me, and no so long, I have discovered what I’ve done, and I was horrified to myself. I saw my right hand that holds a heart. It was enormous. With anger and disgust, I threw it away. My hands, my elbow, my knee, my entire body was covered with blood. This was not how I used to be… I never was a good fighter, nor killed anyone. This gave me a mental breakdown.

This wasn’t me!

It was something different!

There was something in my head… god dammit.

I needed time alone by myself. I tried to except that it was all self defense and the creature had its choice, but I could not get away with it. For a moment I felt like I was a psychopath. I pulled out my headset that was on my neck to check if it is broken. And it wasn’t. Of course, it was covered with blood and spits; I had to clean it up. But for a time being, and lack of requirements, I decided to do it later. I walked outside to check if those ponies are still around, and as I expected, they were gone. If only I didn’t fight the Ursa-major... I felt headache, so I decided to have some rest. I walked in to the cave, right next to my ruined campfire. And all covered in ashes, there was my bag, and still had all the items. I checked every single one of them to see if any of them are broken, which luckily didn’t. But, I was still missing my phone. However, a quick search made me to locate my phone easily. Then… I found my screen broken. Shattered. However, the touch screen and its hardware were fully operational. I felt sad that there is no way to replace the broken screen, but I just decided to look on a brighter side. At least, I can now hear the music again… I was damn hungry, and desperate for food, which I could find none anymore. But my head did not stop running. I was still confused about the power that I felt. Was it some sort of another me? Or was it something that needs to be awakened like the Goddess said. Whatever it was, I could not control it. After few hours later, I just felt tired, and exhausted. So, I just slept until I felt truly rested, thinking that when I wake up, hopefully, something will get better.

Somewhere in Everfree.

“Hey, Twilight. Are you still sensing anything yet?” Asked Rainbow dash with boring look, obviously flying, her belly headed sky.

“You know, Twilight. I thought this would be pretty cool, but now, I feel that this is just so boring.”

Twilight gave a frown and pretest it. “Rainbow Dash, this is not supposed to be entertaining! This is serious! Remember?”

Then Pinkie Pie said, still energetic, “Come on! This is just too much fun!!! What do you think it might be? Another changelings? Maybe princesses wants to play hide and seek with us! Or maybe GianaticsuperhyperultrasweetpinkCUPCAKE!!!”

Then pinkie went into hyper mode. Rarity gave out a chuckle.

“Well, I think pinkie, it is an enormous and divinely beautiful diamond, and if it is, I am going to name it Tom the Second.”

Twilight gave out a sign and thought, ‘Please, not again.’

Pinkie bounced in front of Twilight, and asked, “What do you think Twilight?”

“Well, I am not sure what it is but from my logical deductions and reasoning, from Sherlock Hooves’s book, I think that it might be some sort of Magic radiating material like…The Eye of Magnus in Canterlot castle LAB. But I can’t really tell until we find out.”

They walked for another thirty minutes. The forest itself was getting darker and darker. The trees have gotten bigger. The place was almost completely blocked the sunlight, so Rarity had to use light spell, for time being since Twilight was using her specially made anomaly tracking spell. However Rarity being never a great magician, her spell was not bright enough to illuminate the cold miserable place. And far from dark, gangs were able to see glowing eyes from far, but they went on.

Applejack asked her librarian friend.

"Hey Twilight, are we gettin’ any closer? It’s kinda freaky here, you know?"

"And s..scary.."

Fluttershy commented. Then, Twilight frowned showing her frustration.

“I know, but I just can’t focus right now with everypony complaining!!!”

There was a sudden move from the bushes.
Twilight stopped talking and just stared at the bushes, and all other her companion did also. Whatever it was they were not ready for defense. Then another bush behind them moved a bit. And after few more moments from the bushes, they felt that they were surrounded. Pinkie and Fluttershy quivered, and cover their eyes with their hooves. Rainbow dash and Applejack readied themselves, as Twilight and Rarity charged their horns. Then their enemies came forward from the bushes. Creatures had big fangs with grey colored furs. Rainbow dash yelled.

“Dammit! It’s Timber wolves!!”

The ponies were not able to fight these timber wolves because there were just too many of them. They weren’t changelings but Timber wolves were infamous for killing ponies. However, Rainbow Dash stood tall, and stared at them with vilifying eyes, as well as Applejack. The Timber wolves slowly got closer and closer to the gang. Every second felt like an hour, their sweat from forehead formed a drop. The nervousness intensified their muscles. The ponies slowly backed themselves away from the wild creatures. Then, there was an unexpected roar from far.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAARRR!!!!!

The wolves noticed the origin of the huge roar and trembled in fear. And not soon enough they quickly ran away from the ponies with squeaking and disturbing sounds. Six ponies signed in relief but suddenly Twilight’s horn started to glow.
“Hey, what was that?”
Twilight yelled, “My horn, it’s glowing! This means my tracking spell is working!! Come on everypony!”
So, the six ponies started to run towards the place where Twilight’s horn was leading them. And every time they got closer, it just got brighter. Then, there was an open space. This area strangely did not had any trees, but it had an enormous cavern. As the ponies got closer to the cavern, Twilight’s horn started to dim and the light disappeared. And they hear various crashing roaring sound.

“Oh, my… sounds like some is fighting…” Fluttershy said.

Rainbow dash commented.

“Hey, Twilight. Should we check it out?”

Then the fighting sound stopped abruptly, and thumping sound started to get louder.

Thump…..

Thump….

THUMP

And the creature that they were calling anomaly have finally revealed its form. It was a dragon that emerged from the dark, but this one had so many strange features. First off, according to Twilight’s Guide of Dragons book, it says that black dragons have all gone extinct several thousand years ago, and their look was similar to the modern dragons. But this one looked nowhere close to other dragons. It had obsidian black scales and plates, and its body was covered in evil looking spikes from head to feet. Its neck was apparently much shorter than normal dragons but it perfectly stood with two legs. The unusual dragon had red glowing eyes. And for last, it was covered in blood. Both stared at each other awestruck. Twilight looked and observed a dragon with her eyes for every single section of the body for every single detail. Then a dragon started to proceed forward, but shortly it was disturbed by a huge roar that they’ve heard earlier. The thing got closer and closer, and it busted out from the dark and bit the dragons head and immediately dragged it into the cavern as dragon tried to free itself. And ponies could not believe what they just saw. It was Ursa Major that was fighting with it. After the realization, Twilight was the first one to shake her head and announce.

“Every pony, we need to report this to the Princess.”


Canterlot Castle.
Princess Celestia was carefully read over the letter from her star pupil. Her most interest was a dragon. From the description that Twilight has given, this dragon was certainly not from Equestria, or any other regions. She felt that she needed to share this information with Luna. After she gave out a long sight, she started to make her way to Luna’s chamber. As she was walking, she was submerged in an ocean of thoughts.

‘What is this creature? Why is it here? The creature looked to be evil from the description. Perhaps this dragon is another evil that tries to destroy Equestria, and slaughter my little ponies? If it is, It will be my responsability to destroy that creature. Destroy it for good. But most important of all, what does it want?”

After all those thoughts, she was arrived to Luna chamber, and she asked her sister if she could come in like she used to.

“Luna, it’s a letter from Twilight. It has information about this… anomaly. It turned out it to be a dragon.”

Luna raised her eyebrows.

“Oh?”
Then Luna started to read the parchment slowly.

“ ’Tia?”

“Yes, sister?”

“I’d like to investigate this dragon…Alone.”

Celestia raised her eyebrows and asked.

“Are you sure you want to do this alone?”

“Yes. I’d prefer doing things alone, Sister, and please trust me on this, I am no longer a foal.”

Celestia gently gave Luna a hug and nuzzled her back, and said, “Of course, sister. I might have been over protective in
these days, after Discord and Chrysalis incidents, and I just don’t want to lose you anymore. A thousand years without you were a pain.”

Luna said as she rubbing Celestia’s neck with nuzzle, “Sister…I understand. A thousand years on the moon wer truly unpleasant and painful, but this time, I must go.”

“Then go, sister. See what treachery is happening in the forest, and one more thing sister.”

“What is it?”

“Just make sure you come back safely.”


Luna just gave a nod, and flew out through the window.

Comments ( 14 )

AWESOME! i found nothing in the way of flaws. i guess in these situations people are meant to say MOAR!

Sooo whens a new chapter coming out?

1175205
I don't know how can I describe secret meeting with Luna. I am working on it, but I there are just too many things that won't match for the entire story line, you see stories gotta have logic:fluttercry:.

1180599

Let ur imagination flow its easier then you think :)
And try to avoid huge wall of texts they can be a burden for the eye.

You deserve this :moustache: keep it up!

Are you ever going to continue this?

2451290
I have now returned to the land of friendship is magic fiction realm where all the most courageous bronies dwell. Alas! I myself was busy by attending to one of my greatist work such as scratching my ass. And behold my friends as a gift to you all I shall go back to my holy writing desk immeidatly so that you may receive my gift as fast as possible.

I like this story. Keep it up.

3259609
Yeah, sure. I can make that in 3D if you like.

I quickly got on my feet and…breathe fire

Note that when you use the verb form of breath, instead of breath, it is breathe, breath is pronounced as br-eh-th, while breathe is pronounced bree-ath-e, and I noticed that you missed the e there, for future reference, I would suggest taking heed of this. :moustache:

Nice story and it is an original too!!!!!!!!!! :) please update!!!

Login or register to comment