• Published 9th Sep 2017
  • 1,253 Views, 16 Comments

Sonic and EQG: The Main Attraction - SonicAKG



Will Adagio regain her power back? And at what cost?

  • ...
5
 16
 1,253

A Dazzling Performance

At the stadium, the concert appeared to be a huge success. Mina and Coloratura were killing with their performance as the audience adored their music with everyone in the crowd cheering and dancing to the tunes. Mostly, everyone. Shadow and Aria were just standing there with their arms folded, though the latter did find herself tapping her feet a bit. Manic was enjoying the concert too, but he couldn't help but wonder where his brother was. It wasn't like Sonic to miss something as huge as this.

"(I don't want to ruin my concert experience, but just where is Sonic exactly? What could be keeping him?)" He thought to himself.

The crowd continued to enjoy the tunes for a bit more as a green vapor began to seep through the ground in a discrete manner, causing no one to notice it. The mist only reached ground level as it started to spread around the area, turning the entire area green. As she was upstage singing, Mina noticed the green shade that was on the floor, puzzling her.

"(Since when did the ground turn green? Is it some kind of special effect?)" She wondered.

Suddenly, the entire ground lit up with a green glow, which caught Mina and Coloratura's attention alongside the band while the audience noticed this well and looked down in order to see what was happening. They were perplexed as they examined it.

"Ooooh, glowy!" Pinkie said with delight as Sonata broke out in a smile as well.

"Is this part of the concert or somethin'?" AppleJack asked.

"I've ne-" Manic started to say before suddenly, a green shockwave was sent through the entire crowd, enveloping everyone there in a green flash before they were all electrocuted.

"Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" Everyone in the crowd screamed, much to Mina and Coloratura's astonishment as the two of them stopped singing. The latter put her hand to her mouth as the entire audience was now pain over this green force. Some people began to fall down on the floor as others struggled.

"What's....happening....?"Aria grunted as she came to her knees.

As the crowd was affected by this force, some people's eyes started to turn yellow with a fiendish glow. They were all immobile and couldn't move from their spots while they moaned out in pain. Mina and Coloratura looked on with horror to see their fans in such a state.

"What's going on? What is this?!" Coloratura said in an alarmed and frightened tone.

"I-I don't know. Coloratura, we have to-" Mina started to say before the green vapor extended to the stage and suddenly, the two pop stars and the band were struck by the same wave as everyone else in the crowd as they cried out and fell on the floor. Mina clutched herself as Coloratura reached for her mike which had fallen from her hand.

Ash and Svengallop emerged from behind the curtains as they heard all the commotion from behind and stopped in their track as Svengallop gasped. The two of them saw everyone was trapped by the green energy.

"Mina!" Ash called out as he rushed to see his girlfriend in danger. As soon as he got close to her, he was too affected by the green energy as he grunted and fell to the floor.

Svengallop just looked around, completely frozen as he tried to understand what was happening. Coloratura saw him and reached out her hand.

"Svengallop...help..." She said weakly as he backed away.

"I....I'm getting out here!" He yelled. He started to make a run for it but the green mist came under where he was and he became paralyzed by the green energy as well as he let out a loud shrill and crashed on the floor.

Everyone could barely move or speak as whatever force they were under had them completely trapped in its sway.


Meanwhile, back in Naugus's lair, the evil wizard was conducting his spell as Adagio just continued to look on.

"Excellent....this is excellent..."Naugus said with a wicked grin as he was concentrated on the spell while green mist continued to emerge from the chalice. "I just need to concentrate for some more time and then the spell will be fully complete. The order of Ixis will be reborn!"

Naugus let out an evil laugh as Adagio just wore a neutral expression. She had her magic back and even received an upgrade towards it. Yet....she didn't feel fulfilled. She didn't know why, but there was something nagging in the back of her mind. She let out a bored sigh.

"Listen, you can have fun with your spell and all, but I'm going outside for some fresh air." Adagio announced.

"Yes, yes, take it easy." Naugus replied without even turning to face her as he was focused on the spell. "You should be able to enjoy your reward after your stellar performance."

Adagio squinted slightly but said nothing as she headed towards the exit of the cave.


Using her new crystal wings, Adagio flew out of the hole in the ground and towards the city. Honestly, the ability to fly again was amazing as Adagio felt the wind through her hair and on her entire body. She stopped mid-air and looked down at one her arm guards, causing her to see her reflection inside. She looked amazing with this new outfit.

So, why? Why wasn't she totally content with all of that? Don't get her wrong, Adagio loved having her magic but she was feeling that this...wasn't enough. She then began to descend down towards the ground and landed on a nearby hilltop.

"What's wrong with you Adagio? You have your magic. This what you wanted, remember? This all that matters." She said to herself, though she only felt herself believing about half of all of it. She clenched her fist in frustration.

"Whatever! I'm sure I can get over this feeling by just finding some new pawns to adore me." She decided. Shortly after she did, Adagio noticed a green flash was coming from her right, causing her to turn towards it. She couldn't see it fully.

"That must be Naugus's spell. I'm curious to see how it looks." Adagio wondered. She then floated up to get a better view as she flew towards it.

Adagio flew closer to the source of the flash and then she saw it was coming from the concert, as the area was green. There, she noticed that Mina, Coloratura, and the crowd were all on the floor, twitching as they surrounded by green energy. She saw that some of the crowd's eyes were glowing yellow. Seeing this made her raise an eyebrow but she continued to observe it. In the crowd, her eyes landed the Rainbooms and the rest of the group, who were among those afflicted. Next to them, she saw Aria and Sonata as well. Seeing them like that made her expression soften slightly before she frowned.

"It doesn't matter, Adagio. It's every Siren for herself, remember?" She said in a low voice as she turned away from the scene and began to slowly drift from it.

'You said before you're not sure if you're living a lie, but when you think about, when you had your magic, you were.' She suddenly remembered Sonic saying with his trademark smile, which made her frown go deeper.

'Don't sweat it. You've got a bunch of friends now, so that's a start. And we're here to back you up.' His words now echoed in her head. Adagio then shook her head and began to massage her temples.

"No, Adagio! Don't let him get in your head! You made a choice! Power! And it was worth it!" She declared out loud before her voice grew smaller and she gripped her shoulders. "Right?"

Adagio now looked around at the practically empty city. At this moment, it wasn't too far off from how she was feeling right now. She clenched both of her fists this time and let out a groan of frustration.

"Urgh, so much for fresh air!" She nearly yelled. "I'll just go back to the cave and wait around there for a bit. Maybe then I'll stop being irrational and realize I made the right choice."


Adagio then floated up in the air and began to head back towards the entrance of Naugus's cavern as she flew above the hole and floated down towards the entrance. She now began to walk in the dark pathway towards the chamber. As she approached it, she suddenly heard Naugus laughing.

"Hahahaha! This is perfect!" He yelled,making Adagio roll her eyes.

"Is he seriously boasting out loud?" She said with distaste.

"Once I have the order of Ixis, then the entire world will soon fall to my knees and I will take my rightful place as king! The Quickster is no longer a nuisance to get in my way. That siren proved more useful than I imagined." Naugus said, which caught Adagio's attention and she decided to listen further.

"Yes, she's made a good servant, but perhaps she's too smart for her own good." Naugus went on. "Once the spell is finished, I should cast a spell to bend her mind to my will as well. I can't have her pose a challenge to my authority. With her magic though, it would be handy to keep her around. Yes, then she'll be the perfect pawn, fitting for her."

Adagio had heard everything that Naugus had just said as she stopped in her track. Her face was one of slight shock and offense as she began to fill up with intense rage. She could barely contain herself as she grit her teeth and closed her fists tightly.

"(What?! That.....imbecile first has the nerve to call me a servant and now he says I should be a pawn?! How dare he?!)" She thought to herself. She was now starting to feel angry at herself for even working with him in the first place. Adagio let out a few huffs and puffs in order to release some of her anger and started to control her breathing.

"(I don't think so!)" She declared in her head. "(Ok, Adagio. You're mad but don't act too rashly. I want him to pay but I need a plan. Even with my magic, I'm hesitant to take him on my own. I need help. But everyone else is under his spell. Everyone except...)"

Adagio then realized what she had to do as she looked up with a determined expression.


Back near the entrance of Tails' garage, Adagio flew down in the area. In front of her was a giant mass of crystals, meant to be used as a prison to hold Sonic. She got closer to it and examined it.

"Ok, here goes." Adagio said.

Adagio then released a red sonic scream in the form of singing on the mass of crystals. As the waves hit the crystals, a few cracks began to form, causing Adagio to raise her voice. This caused the cracks on the crystals to grow larger and larger. Adagio raised her voice even more as the crystal started to chip off before all of them shattered, releasing a startled Sonic who then fell to the floor on his hands and knees.

Sonic then began to exhale briefly before he rose up with his eyes closed. He then began to massage his head as he appeared to be quite dazed

"Arghhh. Ok...really starting to get tired of that..." He groaned as he tried to regain his composure. He then opened his eyes to see Adagio right in front of him. Doing this made him lower his eyebrows and he crossed his arms.

"Adagio...you freed me?" He asked with suspicion before he noticed her outfit. "Nice bling by the way."

"I did. With my magic." She added, which made Sonic form a small glare.

"Yeah, the only thing you care about, right?" He said in a judgemental tone. "I hope it was worth-"

"Save the lecture, Blue." Adagio interrupted. "We don't have time to stand here and be at each other's throats. Naugus could finish the spell at any time and we have to stop him."

"Wait, just a minute. We?!" Sonic said as if he didn't hear right. "The only reason why he was able to do his spell in the first place is cuz you helped him take the emerald. Why the sudden change in heart?"

"Because he thinks I'm just a pawn and I don't like that." Adagio answered. "Everyone else is under his spell, leaving just the two of us. Whether you like it or not, I'm the only help you can get now."

Sonic put his hand on his chin. She had a point. If it was just the two of them, he was going to have to make do.

"Fine." He agreed as he raised his hands. "Though I gotta ask, you sure you're not turning against Naugus for any other reason. Guilty conscience maybe?"

Adagio shot Sonic a glare. " I already told you why. And you heard everything I said from before. I only have one reason only."

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." Sonic said, making Adagio look away.

"Look, I know where he's doing the spell. Follow me and then we can stop him." She said.

Adagio rose in the air and took off, leaving Sonic to look up ahead as he watched her fly. He then formed a serious look and sped off after her.


Back in his chamber, Naugus was heavily concentrated on the spell as his eyes flashed green and he wore a mad grin.

"Soon....just a bit more....then it'll all be mine...." He said with greed as he began to drool slightly.

Suddenly, Sonic dashed inside the chamber and in front of the wizard's face. Naugus gasped as if he had seen a ghost when he saw Sonic right in front him.

"Hey, Naugus, I promised I would hit you before you change elements. Here's me keeping that promise!" Sonic declared as he swung his fist and socked Naugus, causing him to fall back towards the wall. He regained his posture as he looked at Sonic with disbelief who had a fighting stance.

"The Quickster?! But how can this be?! You were encased in my crystals!" Naugus yelled.

Just then, Adagio entered the chamber using her wings and came down next to Sonic. When Naugus saw this, he put two and two together as he formed a look of immense rage, causing his eyes to glow dangerously red.

"You...You traitor!!!" Naugus roared. "After I've given you your magic back, this is how you repay me?!"

"You're one to talk seeing as you were planning on betraying me by making me your pawn! I told you, I'm no lackey!" Adagio shot back as Naugus scowled. "And don't even try to deny it. I heard you say while you were boasting out loud."

Naugus's scowl grew even deeper as Sonic shook his head.

"Revealing your evil plans out loud? Come on ugly, haven't you taken villainy 101?"Sonic taunted while Naugus growled.

"Silence!" The warlock hissed. "I will not let you ruin my plans. I've come this far and no one will deny me my right to rule! This chamber will a tomb for the both of you.

Naugus's eyes and claw glowed green before he fired a giant wave of crystalline energy. In order to counteract it, Adagio released a red sonic scream from her mouth which clashed with the blast. While this happened, Sonic became a blue streak as he charged towards Naugus, who made rocky stalagmites emerge from the ground. Sonic smashed through each of them, though Naugus flew in the air using wind before Sonic could hit him. He was then joined by Adagio, who flew above him.

"Traitors will burn!" He threatened as he fired a series of fireballs towards Adagio.

Adagio evaded Naugus's flames and released a series of sonic blasts, which Naugus managed to dodge. The two of them were engaged in a mid-air battle as they tried to hit each other. Meanwhile, Sonic dashed up as a streak to Naugus, who managed to block his attack with a crystal shield. Due to this, he was left open and Adagio shot a sonic scream, which blew Naugus on the floor. When he reached the ground, he slid against it. He saw that Sonic and Adagio were still mid-air, so he then slammed them down on the ground with a gust of wind. Once they were on the floor, Naugus raised his claw, making the ground shake as he lifted two boulders and attempted to crush them. Luckily, Sonic reacted just in time as he rose from the floor and sped him and Adagio out of harm's way. As they did, a wall of fire emerged in front of them, forcing Sonic to stop in his tracks. It then began to home in on the two of them but Adagio fired a sonic scream to disperse the flames. Naugus grumbled slightly and sunk his claw into the ground. As he did, a giant array of crystals emerged from it. In response, Sonic crashed into them using his boost shattering them as crystals went flying everywhere, though Naugus made a smirk. He raised his hand and a few crystals reformed themselves into a mouth guard, which he launched past Sonic and onto Adagio's mouth.

"Mrrrf!" Adagio cried as the guard hit her, making Sonic look back.

"Adagio!" He cried out.

"Worry about yourself, Quickster!" Naugus yelled as he fired a jet stream of water at Sonic, which smashed him into the wall ahead.

Adagio struggled a bit as she tried to remove the guard from her mouth before she fired a small sonic blast to destroy it. She then turned to Naugus with a glare.

"You're going to pay for that." She said in a menacing tone as she began to charge up another scream.

"My dear...could you keep silent for a bit." Naugus said as he raised his claw.

Once he did this, a stream of air surrounded Adagio before she began to find it difficult to breathe. She began to put her hands around her neck and struggled not to fall unconscious.

At the wall, Sonic rose up and rubbed his head before he looked on ahead. Doing this caused him to see Naugus trying to rip the air from Adagio's lungs. He then moved as fast as he could towards the evil sorcerer.

"Hey, Naugus! Why don't you have a taste of your own medicine!" Sonic yelled as he began to move around Naugus, making a tornado of his own as the latter suddenly rose up in the air. When this happened, his grip on Adagio faded as she came to the ground and started to gasp for air.

In the air, Naugus formed a small tornado underneath him, removing himself from the wind Sonic created.

"Foolish boy, your tricks cannot harm me!" Naugus said as he released a large fiery explosion from his entire body. Sonic realized the danger of this and dashed away before the flames could reach him. He then grabbed Adagio, as well and the two of them hid behind large debris as Naugus's burst covered the area.

"You ok?" Sonic asked as he turned to Adagio who took in many deep breaths.

"This is absurd. Even with the two of us, he can still fend us off!" Adagio complained.

"It's because of that Chaos Emerald he has. He's bad enough on his own and the emerald makes his magic even stronger." Sonic explained. "If we could take it from him, it would give us an advantage. The problem is like you said. He can fend the both of us off at the same time, not leaving a chance for openings."

Adagio put her hand to her chin as she thought over what Sonic said. She then formed a slight smile.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that, Blue." She said as she turned to Sonic. "I'm going to tap into my full magical power. This should give you the edge you need."

"Are you sure? Naugus isn't someone to take lightly." Sonic cautioned.

"Neither am I." Adagio firmly said.. "He should have learned. I said I'll cover you, just follow my lead."

Sonic looked a little unsure despite Adagio's insistence but they didn't have too many options at this point. He just gave her a nod.


"Ha, feeble children! Are you dead already?"Naugus questioned in a cruel tone.

Adagio then stopped out to face Naugus as she now stared him down, causing Naugus's face to twist into a wicked smile as he drooled slightly.

"Adagio...you were separated from the Quickster?" He said. "Good. A traitor like you deserves your own special kind of suffering."

"You disgust me." Adagio replied. "You're going to regret underestimating me, Naugus. I'll make sure that you do!

Adagio's body then began to glow with an orange aura before her eyes flashed orange as well. As she did, she threw her arms up in the air and energy began to rise from her body. Above her, the energy then collected into a single mass before that mass began to take shape. The energy was now in the form a crystalline orange colored hippocampus. Its lower body was that of a fish while its upper body was more horselike and scaly with a sparkling fin in the background. This was Adagio's true siren form as Naugus looked on with curiosity at her avatar.

"I see...this must be your siren form. Impressive, but it means nothing to an Ixis Wizard!" Naugus declared.

Naugus's body began to crackle with purple electricity before he started to glow an orangish-reddish shade. As he did, this caused him to grow larger and his appearance was more grotesque as he now gave off a fiery aura with flames bursting from his eyes and beard. He was now facing off against Adagio's avatar.

Adagio fired a gigantic sound wave from her avatar while Naugus released a stream of flames in response. The two attacks clashed, putting the two of them at a stalemate as Adagio slid back from the impact. Sonic was right, he was powerful. But so was she. She was a siren after all.

Adagio raised her voice even higher, causing her sonic blast to grow larger and stronger. The blast started to push back Naugus's flames but he didn't seem to be bothered by this. He just let out a small grin.

"Fool. You're no match for me!" Naugus screamed as his flames grew larger and began to push through Adagio's blast. She herself was being pushed back even further and grunted as sweat came over her. She looked on with a determined look and continued to raise her voice. As she did, her avatar began to crack due to the pressure that was placed on it as her attack and Naugus's were now equal once more. Naugus recoiled his hand a bit before he shot it straight out, increasing the force of the blast as the flames swept past and covered Adagio's avatar, causing it to crack before it shattered completely, blowing her onto the floor. Adagio was quite weakened and her new outfit had cracks in it as well. She could hardly pick herself up as she rose slightly from the floor. Above her, Naugus was standing, still in his giant form.

"That's what you get for trying to challenge me. Now, learn your place, girl!" Naugus said as he brought his claw down to crush Adagio.

As soon as he did, a blue streak reached for the hand in which Naugus held the Chaos Emerald in.

"Yoink!" Sonic called out as he took the Chaos Emerald from Naugus. Doing this made the troll wizard turn back to his normal size, much to his shock as he looked around at himself.

"What?!" He called out as he looked to see Sonic come to next to Adagio while displaying the purple emerald.

"How could you forget about me, Naugus? I thought we had something special." Sonic teased as Naugus began to tremble with rage.

"No! I will not let this happen! I don't need the emerald! My sorcery is unmatched!" Naugus said in an unhinged tone.

"Maybe...but I'm a guy with a Chaos Emerald." Sonic said in a smug tone.

"Shut your mouth!" Naugus said as his claw began to glow green and he charged up an attack.

"Chaos...Control!" Sonic said as he held up the emerald. Doing this caused a distorted wave to cover the area before it retreated back into the emerald. After this, everything was frozen in time, including Naugus. Sonic was the exception as he walked up to Naugus and tapped his finger to his chin before he sped through him numerous times as a blue streak. When he was done, he walked back to where Adagio was and held the emerald up again, causing time to flow normally.

As soon as this happened, Naugus's body reacted to getting hit by Sonic many times as he flailed around for a bit before he was launched high up in the air. The sorcerer then came crashing down on the ground head first and let out a small groan but he didn't get up. Meanwhile, Sonic helped Adagio rise from the ground.

"Ok, I think Naugus is down for the count." Sonic observed. "Looks like we won."

"Urghhh...It's not over yet, Blue." Adagio said with some weakness in her voice. "We have to destroy that chalice he has. "

Adagio closed her eyes and her body glowed once more as energy rose up in the air, reforming her siren avatar, though it had cracks on it. Through it, Adagio took in a deep breath before she released her most powerful sonic scream yet, making Sonic cover his eyes as giant red ripples were released. The scream covered the entire chamber and reached the chalice, causing it to crack while also damaging the chamber as it shook and began to fall apart. At the same time, Adagio's avatar and her clothes were beginning to be covered in cracks. The chalice was destroyed completely as the pieces fell to the floor as the chamber started to rumble and collapse. Shortly after, Adagio's siren fell to pieces while her new form cracked off, returning her back to her original attire as she stopped her scream and began to fall to the floor. Before she hit it, Sonic managed to catch her. He then saw that she was barely conscious.

"You need to take it easy." Sonic said as he now carried Adagio in bridal fashion and turned towards the exit as he felt the trembling chamber as rocks began to fall everywhere. "And we need to get out of here before we're buried alive."

Sonic then zipped out of the chamber. As he did, Naugus rose slightly from the ground and noticed everything that was happening around him, much to his dismay. He then noticed his destroyed chalice and sank to the floor on his knees.

"No....all my planning......ruined...." He said as he couldn't believe everything that happened to him. His feelings quickly turned to anger as he looked on ahead with eyes turning red once more.

"No.....if my plan falls....then so do you, Quickster! NO ESCAPE!" Naugus shouted as his eyes flashed a green wave.


Sonic was running through the cavern while holding Adagio. As he moved through it, a series of green crystal spikes emerged from everywhere, putting him on the defense.

"Wow!" Sonic said as he struggled to not get trapped by the crystals. "That Naugus doesn't give up."

Sonic continued to dash forward as spikes kept trying to block his path. He did his best to avoid them but they started growing in number and appearing more quickly. Plus, he also had Adagio to worry about.

"Man, there's got to be a better way out." He murmured to himself. This caused him to remember the Chaos Emerald he was holding and he slapped his forehead.

"Duh." Sonic said as he grabbed the emerald tightly.

"Chaos...Control!" He yelled as he and Adagio vanished in a green flash just as the cavern was totally covered by green crystals.


Above the giant hole in the ground, a green flash appeared, revealing Sonic and Adagio as it died down. Sonic set down Adagio on the ground as he looked down the hole to see the cavern crumbling before it collapsed entirely, leaving a giant pile of rocks at the bottom.

"Is it over?" Adagio called from behind, causing Sonic to turn around to see her rising up as she held her head.

"Yeah, I'd say we won. We sure rocked Naugus's world." Sonic quipped, making Adagio groan.

"Please. My head hurts already." She complained. Adagio then shook her head and noticed the state of her body. She found herself wearing her old outfit, much to her displeasure.

"Oh, no....please don't tell me that..." Adagio said with slight worry before she took a deep breath and tried to fire a sonic wave from her mouth. Instead, a small shrill emerged from her mouth as Sonic looked on. Adagio groaned once more as she stomped her foot angrily.

"Y'know, stopping bad guys usually makes people happy." Sonic said as he walked up to Adagio.

"Well, it turns out that I'm back to square one. I lost my magic...again." Adagio said as she facepalmed. "I mean, I helped save the day. Shouldn't I get a prize or something?"

"Actually, you did betray me and helped Naugus start his spell in the first place, so honestly, I'd say this is fair." Sonic said as he crossed his arms, causing Adagio to give him a pout as she now folded hers.

"But I do want to say...I'm proud of you, Adagio. You ended up doing the right thing in the end." He continued in a warm tone as Adagio just slightly glanced at him.

"Whatever. I already told you, I didn't do it for the reasons you think." She insisted as Sonic just rolled his eyes. She was almost as hard-headed as Knuckles.

"We should probably go check on the concert to see how everyone else is doing." He suggested.

"Like I care." Adagio dismissed.

"Come on, you don't have anything better to do." Sonic pointed out. He did have a point there, which made Adagio sigh as her arms fell.

"Fine." She agreed in a reluctant tone.

Sonic then picked up Adagio in a bridal position once more, causing her to give him a glare while he just made a look of defense. The two of them then dashed off. As they ran, Sonic spoke up.

"Hey, I gotta ask though." He said. "That seahorse thing you made back there. That's what you really look like?"

"Yes. Beautiful isn't it? Much better than this bland mortal form." Adagio responded while Sonic kept silent.

"Huh, neat." Is all he said.

The two of them arrived at the outskirts of the concert in order to observe it. As they did, they saw that everyone else was still on the floor and the green glow was gone. They then noticed the others on the ground and headed towards them. Sonic put Adagio down and the two of them looked around.

"Yeesh, Naugus's spell must've been pretty nasty." Sonic commented.

"They'll be fine. If it's anything like the mind control I used to do, there shouldn't be any side effects." Adagio said.

Suddenly, the entire group began to moan and stir as they lifted themselves up from the ground, much to Sonic's relief and Adagio's indifference.

"Wow....that was not fun." Sonata weakly said.

"You said it, sister." Pinkie agreed.

"If these are what concerts are like, I think I'll pass on them." Silver grumbled.

"I think I'm with you on this one." Starlight said in compliance as she winced a little.

"Why is it that every time I'm with you people, something always goes wrong?" Shadow asked.

"Come on, faker, don't act like it isn't fun." Sonic said, which caused everyone to turn towards him and Adagio.

"Sonic? What the hay's goin' on?" AppleJack asked.

"Yeah, just where were you?" Manic demanded.

"I'll just bring you guys up to speed. You were all under a spell that Naugus cast. He beefed it up using a stolen Chaos Emerald." Sonic elaborated which made everyone perk up.

"Naugus? You mean that evil wizard we beat at Camp Everfree?" Twilight questioned, as Sonic nodded.

"Oh, he's not anywhere nearby is he?" Fluttershy wondered with fright as she looked around uneasily.

"Naugus eh? Where is he? I wanna a crack at him." Knuckles said as he raised his fist.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, Knux, but he's down." Sonic informed him. "And Adagio helped."

Adagio gave Sonic a slightly bewildered look for putting her on the spot like that as everyone else looked at her with surprised looks.

"Our Adagio?" Aria asked with disbelief. "No way."

"Yeah, for once, I'm with her. This is some kind of joke, isn't it, Sonic?" Rainbow Dash stated.

"Oh, it's true. Thanks to her, Naugus's spell was broken. She was a true hero today." Sonic added with a smile.

Adagio then turned to all the looks she was receiving while still being slightly annoyed at Sonic. She just crossed her arms.

"Well..yeah. Sonic was just so pathetic at his inability to stop him alone and I just couldn't watch someone make a fool out of themselves unless I do it." Adagio muttered somewhat loudly.

Sunset walked up to Adagio and beamed.

"If that's the case. Then we all owe a lot you, Adagio. You saved our lives." Sunset said as she offered her hand to Adagio, who just turned away.

"Whatever, Rainboom. This isn't going to be a recurring thing." Adagio told her, making Sunset shrug.

"Wow, Adagio, I'm sooo happy for you! You're a hero that saved all our friends!" Sonata gushed as Adagio frowned.

"Didn't you hear me?" Adagio said as she pinched her nose.

"Sounds you like had quite an adventure." Tails said. "But how did Naugus get an emerald? It was locked away in my workshop. How'd he know where to find it?"

Sonic and Adagio both froze as they glanced at each other. Honestly, Sonic didn't feel like ratting Adagio out seeing as she did help and had already lost her magic, so he figured he'd cut her some slack. It wouldn't hurt to keep this just between them.

"Eh, must've been some wizard stuff, bro." Sonic quickly answered. "Anyway, you should probably make tighter security."

"This is wonderful! You've managed to save the concert!" Rarity squealed, causing her to be on the receiving end of many annoyed looks and she blushed slightly. "Oh and stopped that madman of course."

"Speaking of which." AppleJack said as she turned around to the stage to see Mina, Coloratura and the band on the ground with their managers.

"Rara!" She cried out as she headed to the stage, followed by Sonic and Manic. The three of them arrived on the stage to see the popstars rising along with the people around them.

"Mina, are you ok?" Ash asked as he helped her up.

"Yeah...just need to clear my head for a bit." Mina said as she turned to Coloratura. "How do you feel, Coloratura?"

"What just...happened?" She responded in a confused and dazed tone.

"Rara! You're ok!" AppleJack said as she hugged her friend while Sonic and Manic gathered around as Mina noticed.

"Let me guess...bad guy plot or something?" Mina said as Manic nodded to confirm it.

"Don't worry, I helped put an end to it." Sonic said as he rubbed his fist across his chest.

"Sorry you got caught up in it." Manic apologized as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Are you kidding? It wouldn't be a reunion without getting involved in one of your adventures!" Mina happily said.

"I guess you did alright." Ash reluctantly admitted under his breath.

"Yeah, Sonic saved the day and you didn't." Manic said with a smug tone as Ash just grumbled and said nothing.

"Does this kind of stuff always happen to you guys?" Coloratura asked as everyone else nodded to confirm, which made her sigh.

"Then it's a good thing we can count you." She said before she turned to Svengallop with a furious look. "Unlike some people! I saw you trying to ditch me, Svengallop!"

Svengallop gulped as he now received an onslaught of dirty looks from everyone present as he adjusted his tie.

"You tried to leave, Rara?!" AppleJack nearly yelled.

"Dude, not cool!" Sonic said in a disapproving manner.

"Well, I, uhh...." He tried to say before Coloratura just waved her hand in a dismissive manner.

"Forget it. I'll deal with you later." She said before she turned to Mina and flashed a huge grin. "We have a show to finish."

"You're right about that." Mina said as she stepped forward and picked up two mikes. She handed one to Coloratura and put the other one to her mouth as her band got their instruments ready.

"Attention, Canterlot!" Mina yelled out for the entire crowd to hear as she was now the center of attention. "We're sorry about that little interruption we had!"

"But we're not going to let it ruin us from giving you what you came for! Let the show go on!" Coloratura shouted, causing the crowd to break out in applause and cheers as Sonic, Manic and AppleJack came down to rejoin them as Ash stepped to the side while he pushing Svengallop away.

"3...2...1!" Both singers counted down before they started to resume their concert as the crowd started to enjoy the music playing.

Within the crowd, Adagio noticed how almost everyone went back to enjoying the music. She just did a hmph and prepared to leave. As soon as she took one step, Sonic came in front of her.

"Thought you might try to pull something like this." Sonic said.

"Listen Blue, I have no reason to stay." Adagio told him.

"Look, we're the good guys and we won. We deserve to celebrate." Sonic said. "Hey, I know you're probably bummed out losing your magic but look on the bright side. I think you've got something better if you remember what I said earlier."

Adagio was silent as she looked around towards the others, who were having fun at the concert save for Shadow and Aria as usual. She looked down, though her expression softened.

"I guess.......I should thank you for not ratting me out earlier." She admitted as Sonic put a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, what're friends for?" He said, which made Adagio smirk.

"I'll say it again. Don't push your luck, Blue." She said. "Anyway, I guess anything is better than sitting at home and moping around about my lost magic. By the way, I will get it back one day. Somehow.

"Heh. I let it slide this time, but if you try anything again, I'll be there to stop you." Sonic said in a playful manner with a wink.

"Challenge accepted." Adagio replied as she put her hands on her hips with a sly smile.

The two of them looked up ahead with the rest crowd at the ongoing musical show, which was even more lively than before.

Comments ( 4 )

Good to see Adagio figuring out that Naugus was going to betray her. The villains in this story were definitely more balanced here than they were in the other stories. So good job on that!!!

It was also pretty cool seeing Adagio team up with Sonic to fight Naugus.

Good story!

hey SONIC FORCES is out can you make it with equetria girls and my little pony the movie?

"Svengallop...help..." She said weakly as he backed away.

"I....I'm getting out here!" He yelled. He started to make a run for it but the green mist came under where he was and he became paralyzed by the green energy as well as he let out a loud shrill and crashed on the floor.

:twilightoops:You :twilightangry2: YOU SELFISH BASTARD!!! :flutterrage:

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." Sonic said, making Adagio look away.

Ouch...I think he said the same thing to Fiona right? :trixieshiftleft:

"Revealing your evil plans out loud? Come on ugly, haven't you taken villainy 101?"Sonic taunted while Naugus growled.

If Eggman wrote It then It's not much help from It :rainbowlaugh:

"How could you forget about me, Naugus? I thought we had something special." Sonic teased as Naugus began to tremble with rage.

So he took a page out of Daring Do book with that taunt eh? :ajsmug:

"Chaos...Control!" Sonic said as he held up the emerald. Doing this caused a distorted wave to cover the area before it retreated back into the emerald. After this, everything was frozen in time, including Naugus. Sonic was the exception as he walked up to Naugus and tapped his finger to his chin before he sped through him numerous times as a blue streak. When he was done, he walked back to where Adagio was and held the emerald up again, causing time to flow normally.

Is-Is-IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE!?!? :pinkiegasp:

"Why is it that every time I'm with you people, something always goes wrong?" Shadow asked.

"Come on, faker, don't act like it isn't fun." Sonic said, which caused everyone to turn towards him and Adagio.

Yeah Shadow your adventures sure are fun :rainbowkiss:

"I guess.......I should thank you for not ratting me out earlier." She admitted as Sonic put a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, what're friends for?" He said, which made Adagio smirk.

"I'll say it again. Don't push your luck, Blue." She said. "Anyway, I guess anything is better than sitting at home and moping around about my lost magic. By the way, I will get it back one day. Somehow.

"Heh. I let it slide this time, but if you try anything again, I'll be there to stop you." Sonic said in a playful manner with a wink.

"Challenge accepted." Adagio replied as she put her hands on her hips with a sly smile.

The two of them looked up ahead with the rest crowd at the ongoing musical show, which was even more lively than before.

While I ship Sonic with Rainbow here, the story was pretty good, I looked the focus you gave to Adagio, nice way to wrap It up :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment