• Published 15th Jul 2012
  • 2,120 Views, 34 Comments

The Cutie Mark Crusaders: Down the Road - ScrimpyMule



The Cutie Mark Crusaders are all grown up. How did they turn out? Read and find out.

  • ...
6
 34
 2,120

The Reunion

Scootaloo arrived at Sugar Cube Corner fifteen minutes early and was greeted by Pinkie Pie, who had taken over management ever since Mr. and Mrs. Cake had relocated to a new sweet shop in Canterlot. Pinkie Pie directed her to a reserved table with three seats in a more secluded part of the shop. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle arrived at six o’clock sharp, not surprised to find that Scootaloo was already there. Pinkie pie took their orders and the tri-annual reunion of the Cutie Mark Crusaders began.

The crusaders had stayed close even after they had all gotten their cutie marks, still managing to devastate and entertain Ponyville with their shenanigans. Two and one-half years ago Twilight Sparkle had pulled some strings and arranged for the Cutie Mark Crusaders to perform in the Canterlot Talent Show, which would be attended by ponies from all over Equestria. They decided to do the same thing they had done for the school talent show nearly nine years earlier. This time, however, adjustments to the regiment were made. Sweetie Belle was the lead singer, Scootaloo was the main choreographer, and Applebloom was in charge of costumes, sets and props.

This arrangement earned them a standing ovation, first prize, and paved the road for their futures. Sweetie Belle was offered a record deal that very night. Scootaloo’s delivery service skyrocketed after they advertised it during the act. Applebloom decided to start her own business when ponies from all over Equestria came to Ponyville looking for the pony who had designed the magnificent sets, props, and costumes in the winning act of the talent show. After this the Cutie Mark Crusaders were unable to spend much time together so they decided to hold a reunion every four months to help prevent them from drifting apart.

“So how’s that sonic rainboom coming along Scootaloo?” asked Applebloom with an excited smile.

“I’m up to two hundred miles per hour”, said Scootaloo with enthusiasm. She was determined to be the first pony to ever accomplish a sonic rainboom on a solid ground. Applebloom had helped her design and build a specialized scooter just for this purpose with a special high-speed speedometer compliments of Twilight Sparkle. She only had another one hundred and forty miles per hour to conquer before reaching this goal.

“That’s amazing!” exclaimed Sweetie Belle. “You’re gonna have do it in no time.”

“Let’s hope so”, said Scootaloo.

“We know so”, said Applebloom. “You’ll probably be even more famous than Rainbow Dash for that.”

“I wouldn’t go that far”, said Scootaloo growing red.

“You’re too modest Scootaloo”, said Sweetie Belle.

“Anyway, Sweetie Belle I hear they’re training you to be a producer at Octavia-Scratch Records”, said Scootaloo wanting to change the subject.

“That’s amazing”, said Applebloom. “That’ll give you job security for sure.”

The three friends stayed talking well into the night. Eventually Pinkie Pie decided to close up shop. “I’m gonna go home girls. Be sure to turn off the lights and lock the doors when you leave.”

“We will Pinkie”, responded Sweetie Belle. “Tell Red Delicious we said hi.”

They all bid good night to Pinkie and then continued their conversation. They stayed until three o’clock in the morning. They reminisced about the old days, talked about the present, and tried to imagine their future. No matter what was in store for the three friends one thing was clear. They would always be the Cutie Mark Crusaders and best friends until the end of time.

Comments ( 19 )

That was a nice little story. I've only got two things to say about it though: I found a couple grammar errors, and the inserts about the other stories were jarring. Anyway, it was good, short, and simple to read. :twilightsmile:

The ending made me dawwww

DAWWWW.:fluttercry::pinkiehappy: Seems legit. Scootaloo owns a delivery service, Applebloom- a hardware franchise, and Sweetiebelle- a contract with Vinyl Scratch.:scootangel::unsuresweetie::applecry:

This was a nice little story. I liked it.:twilightsmile:

Too short to be that enjoyable. It seems like this is only a preview of some epic saga unfolding the entire CMC's lives.

There are quite a few grammar errors as well, but none that make the story unreadable. 8/10 would read again.

Good job! Like I think a few have said, I too found some grammatical errors. You might want to have somebody check over those for you.

Well, I'm going to have good dreams.

This story was a mixture of amazing, cute, and sort-of sad. (for me at least) The grammatical errors are nothing that bad for me. Most of them are just a shortage of commas and improper use of them. Since the story has a colon in it, does that indicate this will be part of some epic saga? I love this entire story, but it was way too short to be of any impact onto your heart. I love your ideas of the CMC's jobs in mare-hood.
Epic saga please! :twilightsmile:

And, as I have said before: awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.


Edit: BTW, who is Red Delicious. I don't know all the background ponies very well.

914716 i sensed that.. but being called DT? i don't think so... steal her... what??? :rainbowhuh:

Only question I have after this is why Fluttershy wasn't mentioned at all and why we have heard nothing about what they may have done for the CMC? :trixieshiftright:

Nice. That's all from me.

dawwww. that was such a sweet story :scootangel:

What a cute story, quick, easy to read and gives a little more insight to the 3 characters. That mad my day :pinkiehappy::yay::yay:

Bravo sir. You have crafted a fine piece of work here. One thing I might suggest is instead of inserting the references to your other stories in the middle of this story, maybe an author's note at the beginning or end. As it is right now, those inserts break the natural flow of the story. Still, I give this a solid 9/10.

Author gains 25 exp and a moustache. :moustache:

A story this short shouldn't have this many typos; also it feels pretty uninspired and has bad story-telling throughout... it gets a dislike from me.

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2:

Except the Sonic Rainboom is achieved at roughly Mach 5. Scoots has a long road ahead of her to get that kind of speed. :scootangel: Still, the premise is good.

As for the rest of the story? Keep working on your writing. You've got potential but it needs some work.

1126779
Thanks, though I assure you my previous stories were a great deal less aggravating.

Login or register to comment