• Published 27th Jul 2017
  • 1,161 Views, 37 Comments

Friendship is Failure #6: Write a Wrong - DakariKingMykan



Twilight and Co try to help a failing writer get on the right path

  • ...
72
 37
 1,161

Closing act: Life is/isn't a story

CLOSING ACT

It didn’t take too long for the cleanup to be completed, especially seeing as Princess Celestia helped out.



When she heard of such a disturbance so very near the royal palace, she arrived on the scene, and she was very disappointed with how things turned out.



“Princess Twilight Sparkle…” she scolded “I understand that your intentions were for the benefit of others, the way you handled the situation as well your actions were highly inappropriate. You and Stone Heart caused a disturbance!”



Twilight bowed apologetically.



Celestia then turned and scorned at the crowd of ponies, including the two Twilight had arrested, “And as for all of you… You’ve been worse! You MADE the disturbance!



Although I don’t approve Stone Heart’s attitude, and am appalled by his actions, he was quite right in scolding all of you. You have no right to enforce your beliefs on him, nor poke fun at him for your own amusement or just because of petty differences.



Every-Pony is different, as well as their appearance, preferences and beliefs. I am only thankful that no-pony was hurt physically and no serious damage was committed, and you should all be thankful that Stone paid up for his actions.”



Celestia had then made a royal decree, due to the disturbance and baffling behaviour the books had caused. Production of the edited books was to be cancelled at once, and all the remaining existing books were then and there decreed to be burned.



So, ‘twas done…!



Many ponies, especially Twilight and friends were disappointed and saddened by all this, but Celestia refused to go back on her word. To her, it was a very befitting punishment for actions she did not wish repeated.



She did however agree to pay off the book companies and stores for any financial losses, just enough to rebalance their budgets.



“Now if you’ll all excuse me…” Celestia said to Twilight and friends, “I must go and speak with Stone Heart. His actions were very reckless and just as inappropriate!”



“Your highness…” Starlight quickly called “Please, try not to be so hard on him.”



Celestia nodded once “I don’t intend to be. I don’t want things to be any worse.”



Then she disappeared in a ray of bright sunlight.



“Well, that went well.” said Spike, but Twilight and Starlight glared angrily at him.



“Are you okay, Twilight?” Starlight asked. “No… No I’m not.” Twilight said softly. She was still very shaky, not just by her reprimanding by Celestia, but also because of the great mess that just happened, and all because she was unable to reach out to Stone Heart and convince him to change.



“That Cutiemark on his flank…” she contemplated, and remembered how the pencil was broken and the book next to it was shattering, “…Maybe that was his destiny all along.”



Starlight put a comforting hoof on her friend’s back, “He chose to be the way he is. Of course he was driven to it, but… that doesn’t matter. A Cutiemark isn’t always accurate, just like how a story is always accurate.”



Twilight knew she was right. This story really didn’t have a happy or positive ending, exactly like Stone said. “I guess that’s just sometimes how stories end.”



Spike nodded, “And real life is something that can’t always be controlled either. We can always write it the way we want it, and once it’s written out, it can’t be re-written. It is what it is.”



Many other ponies overheard what had been said, and for the first time they were actually starting to realize how true that was, but too late to make amends for the way they had all treated Stone Heart and his original stories.





As for Stone Heart, he and Celestia had a small chat to discuss his actions, and he did get sentenced to a-hundred hours of community service to pay off for the damages, which Stone didn't seem to mind a bit as he was proud of what he did, standing up to people and telling them to bug off.



Still, Stone made good on his word, and he moved away from Canterlot, to find a place where he could live to his own liking. No one knew where he had gone, but they just hoped he would be okay!

Author's Note:

Don't get me wrong about Celestia's actions. As supreme monarch of Equestria she CAN do such things, and she ISN'T ALL beneficent, she is vindictive as well. She can't let every sing;e action slide. Heck, she had Princess Luna banished to the moon... Discord turned to stone...

So I don't think what I made her do up there is serious.

Comments ( 21 )

hmm, that is a more classic sad ending.
As in, nothing got achieved, the final situation is basically the initial one.

I wonder though. Does Stone like his own stories? And if others dislike them, why not just simply write for himself and stop publishing the stories? It's not a perfect solution but it means there won't be others who will rate his works badly and he can still enjoy his own writing, plus this doesn't go against his principles either, I think.

8343680


He was trying to BECOME a writer, and just like me, making the stories for yourself and then not posting them doesn't make you feel better

8351445

I understand what you meant, but, he hates the kind of stories they like and they hate the kind of stories he likes. Both sides, Stone and the other ponies stick to their beliefs of what makes a good story and refuse any sort of compromise. That's a level of incompatibility between the aspiring author and his public that prevents any success.

The way things are, I see no happy ending for Stone. Well, perhaps one if he finally does meet somepony who'll like his stories.

8355911

No, Stone's problem is based a bit on my own, it's not merely just an exchange of differences, it's all out war, a struggle to be right (On both sides), and those who are different than you are treated poorly, much like how I've been due to my own preferences, and how I also wish the same ilk on people who behave so badly over such things.

Besides, this is Friendship is failure, where happy endings are strictly forbidden, (These were created to make Twilight Sparkle and her friends FLOP for once, and look like fools; instead of making the situation better, they only made things worse)

8355918
I do know Stone represents you. I'm just in disagreement about this being a war.
In short, stone published his works. The normal steps are, others read and give an opinion. In this case, opinions are negative.

I wouldn't call it a war. Heck, even on the site, I see most members haven't even heard of your stories. which makes sense, they're not something that's likely to suit their tastes. It is hardly a war when over 99% of the people on one side aren't even aware of the other.

No one is willing to compromise on their tastes, that much is clear, but there are millions of books of all kind, so the majority will simply carry on reading the ones they like and ignoring Stone's works.

8370489

Not really... some people don't even care to read the story. They know YOU/STONE wrote it, so they don't bother to read it, but just deliberately poke fun at it and YOU/STONE "Because it's fun and funny". It's supposed to make you realize how many cold-hearted, dishonest,people there really are in the world.

They don't care about the story, they don't care about grammar, plot, characterization, and all that stuff... all they really care for is bullying, and hurting your feelings. Like a Kangaroo-court. They don't care about the evidence presented... they'll just ignore you and assume the worst and punish you anyway.

As Legendbringer quoted about me...

If he got good and became the nicest person in the world, I would still riff his fics and make fun of them.

(which is also a quote in this story)

And to me, people like Legendbringer are cold and rather ignorant folks, whom really ought to be disciplined for all the abrasive behavior they show,

8370535
I understand.
I do wonder though.
There are... I forgot how many billion people so far. Those people who give you so much trouble are not even 0.01% of that population.

Plus, surely you have met people who were nice and tried to give their honest opinions without insulting you or disrespecting your opinions. (I may sound arrogant, hope I don't, but I'd like to think I'm one of these).
When I read your stories, I always wonder, where are those people/ponies?

Have you thought of including such characters in your stories more often?

8373878

Plus, surely you have met people who were nice and tried to give their honest opinions without insulting you or disrespecting your opinions.

Sadly, no... it's always ends up the same way (Disrespecting my wishes/opinions, and then giving me attitude)

Have you thought of including such characters in your stories more often?

Possibly, but the message never gets across anyway, just like MLP's messages don't get across (People claim they follow the ponies of friendship when the truth is they've done the exact opposite and ignored it completely, especially by mocking and riffing)

8373884

Sadly, no... it's always ends up the same way (Disrespecting my wishes/opinions, and then giving me attitude)

So, 100% failure rate...

Wait, that means I'm one of those who disrespect you too! (Well, either that, either there are exceptions)

I'm kinda confused there. Mind clearing that up please?

8377304

You haven't disrespected my wishes, or given me attitude (YET... you could though, everyone usually does and it CAN happen)

That's all I'm saying (I'm just being aware)

Every-Pony is different, as well as their appearance, preferences and beliefs. I am only thankful that no-pony was hurt physically and no serious damage was committed, and you should all be thankful that Stone paid up for his actions.”

Isn’t she technically a hypocrite? Because, she sent twilight to learn friendship when she didn’t want to.

Starlight put a comforting hoof on her friend’s back, “He chose to be the way he is. Of course he was driven to it, but… that doesn’t matter. A Cutiemark isn’t always accurate, just like how a story is always accurate.”

It’s not?

11203162

Think about it...

Cheerilee's Cutiemark is happy flowers... but she's a school teacher.

Rarity's is three diamonds... but she's a seamstress...

Even Cheese Sandwhich... his cutie is grilled cheese, but he's a party planer.

11203168
Yeah, but I thought those were meant to represent their talents in some way.

11203177

It is... but have you SEEN the people on this site and how toxic they behave?

To them, your name, your cutie-mark, your hobbies, and your professions... ALL revolve around the ONE thing. (Which is stupid, and already been disproven)

11203181
Yikes! I think I do remember some.

11203189

Exactly... Stone Heart's name should be changed to something WRITING RELATED (Scribbler, Pager, Pencil Point, Narrator)

His Cutie Mark should not be of a failed story...

He has no business being a trash picker or ANYTHING else. Only writing.

...A cutiemark to these people is a mark of YOUR DESTINY (Your master)

11203198
Maybe starlight was on to something.

The story feels like Santa Inc. Twilight, Starlight, and Spike are Santa while Stone Heart is Candy Smalls. Candy rejects Santa's advice in a triumphant moment that will be remembered. No wonder Friendship is Failure, people like Stone Heart are beyond help because they refuse to get it.

11654237

Some people don't believe in Friendship. They don't Like it, Want it, or Need it, and they can live just as well without it.

Also, Twilight's not really trying to help Stone, but more herself. She needs to stop butting her muzzle where it's not wanted or needed, and stop trying to force others to change.

11654328
You're right, I like how this story is 2 sided. Both sides have a point. I like how the morality of the story is determined by characters disagreeing with Stone Heart being 100 percent wrong. I like how Stone Heart is reckless and self-centered and the story demands you root for him to not improve.

Login or register to comment