• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 893 Views, 9 Comments

The life of Zesty Zapwing - mrturbodk

  • ...
5
 9
 893

Love and Graduation

Love and Graduation

They had been totally engulfed in their moment of bliss to realize that Mayor and Rainbow had arrived and was looking at them intently, maybe even wondering how long they could stay like that.

Several by passers gave a sigh and some mentioned young love. eventually Zesty and Fluttershy started to notice the cheers and comments and broke their long kiss.

Moving over to Mayor and Rainbow, they all got a big group hug before they went inside and helped Mayor with making dinner.

Mayor soon shooed the young lovers off to the living room where they sat and just nuzzled into each other, exchanging small talk and "I love you"'s.

Rainbow was happy by her friends admitting to love, but she was also somewhat of a tomboy, and as such, she didn't like all that lovey dovey stuff much, instead staying and helping Mayor with dinner.

At the dinner table, Mayor gave her knowledge about love and it seemed like Rainbow was gonna hurl soon from the atmosphere, although she was overjoyed. Excusing herself, she went out for a flight to clear herself a bit before returning to another dose of lovey dovey observing. "Well, at least they're happy together" she sighed with relief.

Later in the evening, they all went out for a evening flight, well all who had wings anyways, Mayor obviously didn't, being an Earth pony and the adult, she decided to leave them some room and cleared the kitchen until next use. looking at the good work, she went to the living room and found a good book, but she was soon sleeping on the couch with the book on the floor where it had landed, after she dropped it dozing off.

The trio of Fluttershy, Rainbow and Zesty was lounging around on a cloud for a while, just enjoying their friendships and love, and obviously Rainbow was bragging about her speedy ability as usual.

Enjoying the sunset and their company, the trio decided to go home and be with Mayor before crashing for the night. Returning to the house, Zesty called out gently for Mayor, not getting a answer back. after looking in the living room, he couldn't help but giggle a bit of the sight, and he gently called the girls to see it, before he started to use his magic and float Mayor into her bedroom, Fluttershy going ahead to lift the covers, while Rainbow turned out the lights in the house.

After a big deal of magic use from Zesty, they managed to get Mayor into bed with only one or two light bumbs against the bedside before success.

When Zesty finally managed to finish his magic use, he nearly collapsed on the floor right there and then, but Fluttershy was quick on her hooves and snatched up Zesty before he could hit the floor.

They then decided to go to bed and went up to Zesty's room with the big air mattress and like before, Rainbow distanced herself a bit from the lover couple, who was nuzzled up close and relaxing while Zesty stroked his hoof through Fluttershy's mane, sighing about how happy she looked when he confessed his love for her at the park earlier in the day.

Within 5 minutes, Zesty was out cold and Rainbow admired the sight of Fluttershy snuggled up so close and tender to him, silently she wanted a Colt like Zesty as well.

Rainbow got Fluttershy's attention by softly tapping her hoof with her own.

"I just want to tell you how happy i am for the 2 of you" Rainbow started, not sure how to continue, but she didn't have to, as Fluttershy just looked at her and said silently "Don't worry Dash, there is one for you too out there somewhere". She giggled a bit and then said "And we'll help you find your special someone".

Rainbow was at a loss for words, Fluttershy could read her like an open book and had calmed her right down to earth. She rolled over and joined the snuggle and soon they where all sleeping soundly with Fluttershy in the middle.


The next day was announced by a pair of birds flying by outside, singing morning praise to the sun. Fluttershy was the first to stir and mumbled a "Good Morning" to her friends both in bed and outside.

After a half hour, all pony's in the house was awake and having breakfeast in the kitchen, when Mayor noticed that it was Sunday and that the trio would have to go back to basic flight school later in the day.

Still there was a question on her mind, as she could not remember going to bed the night before.

"I thought i had passed out on the couch last night" Mayor said.

"You did" Fluttershy said, "we all saw you lying there and Zesty used his levitation to float you into bed with our help"

"Goodness, i didn't feel a thing, you really got those spells learned good, my dear."

Zesty blushed and ducked down at the praises coming from Mayor, he was happy that he didn't have to explain it all in too much detail, like how he almost broke his concentration a few times, thankfully he didn't.

"Now remember, you will need to be back at school by night, so get a early start" Mayor reminded the trio.

"Yes mom, we will" Zesty said, the girls nodding in agreement.

The rest of the morning and midday went with playing outside, but now with more special moments between the young lovers, giving Dash more time for herself to try a few stunts she was thinking off.

The trip to the flight school was done almost before it had begun, and they found themselves being some of the first there, so they flew around and made fun, but Fluttershy mentioned to Zesty to have a talk.

"Yes dear" he said smiling. "Ssssh" she shoo'd him, "I'm not sure that the school takes kindly to romances, so for now, let's just save our love for weekends and alone moment, ok dear ?"

"If that is what you desire, my sweet, that is how we'll play it" he said with a friendly smile, inside he knew he just wanted to scream their love out from the top of his lungs, but he knew that Fluttershy was right, an awfull lot of teasing could also follow in the wake of a announced romance.

They gave a passionate kiss and hugged before too many other students arrived to catch them and played it cool.

The nights at the school was quiet, but Zesty knew he'd be alright, cause he had his love right beside him in the next bed, Rainbow on his other side, rolling and kicking into the air properly dreaming about something acrobatically airworthy.


As time slowly went by in flight school, the trio gradually got better and better at flying, accidents did happen from time to time, but it was mostly just sprains and scrapes from landings and smaller crashes, generally all was doing well at school, and even Fluttershy finally got into the same class as Rainbow and Zesty, thus being able to enter the graduation finals as the last student to enter the last class.

The final it self was a test of aerobatics and knowledge, and not a single student failed, causing much joy and a big Graduation day party where all the parents was invited to as well.

Long into the night, everybody danced ans laughed, a few pairs sneaked off for some private time and Zesty managed to get Fluttershy with him up onto a hill, where they spent some time lying body to body, enjoying kuddles and kisses and watching the night sky where a few star shots flashed by.


The following day, as they was walking / flying home with Mayor, Zesty was nervous about the future, raising some concern with his mom.

"I wonder what is next for us" he said out loud, hinting a uncertain look ahead for the near future, but that soon turned out to be for naught, as mom just smiled and said "Why my dear, Cloudville and advanced flight school of course".

Zesty almost tripped over his own hooves by her response. "Really mom ?" he somehow got blurted out.

"But of course my dear" Mayor almost sang to him, "I did promise you the best of what i can do, didn't i ?".

Zesty didn't have time to think, he just bounced over and gave his mom a giant hug and dragged Fluttershy and Dash into the hug as well.

After a bit, a thought occurred in him.

"Mom, what will we do about living quarters in the sky ?"

"Not a problem, i have had words with both your parents" gesturing to Dash and Fluttershy "And they are more than happy to have you or all staying at their places during school"

"Awesome" Dash blurted out and even Fluttershy cheered in with a big "Yay"

"For now though" Mom said "We'll go home to Ponyville and debate what is best and such" "Agreed" the trio said with almost a single voice, walking back home for a few weeks of relaxation before next school called for them.

The next week's time went by with some practice flying and some gentle loving by kisses and cuddling, and as usual, Dash was trying to avoid too much of the lovey dovey stuff, spending more time in the air where she felt that she truly belonged.

But as life is, all good things must come to an end, and as such it was getting close to the time where the Cloudsdale Advanced flight school would begin.


"It's not so bad, i got my good friends with me and i know we'll look after each other as best we can"

The scene was the party before their sendoff to Cloudsdale, and Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie was here along with Zesty, Rainbow and Fluttershy, Mayor was serving drinks around and other ponies was dancing and chatting.

Zesty was trying to sound like all would be well in front of their non-winged friends, but of course they could not stop worrying about how big a chance was coming soon.

"Do send us some souvenirs from Cloudsdale" Rarity chimed in, "Yeah, and don't forget to mail us every so often" Applejack said "Nah, just come visit us, it's better and easier to have party's then" Pinkie motioned, everyone laughing and having good times.

Tomorrow was the day, the skies was waiting.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment