• Published 17th Apr 2017
  • 611 Views, 2 Comments

The Tea Party - Cygnia



Fluttershy invites Discord to a tea party. Unfortunately, he doesn't exactly know, what that is.

  • ...
 2
 611

A Teatime Story

Discord opened the door and filled his mail box. Suddenly, he noticed a small pink letter. “A letter? For me?” he shouted happily. He took the letter and went inside. He read:

Dear Discord,
I want to invite you to my tea party on Saturday at five o'clock pm. Please bring some biscuits or cake. Tell me if you can't come.
See you on Saturday
Fluttershy

“A party. I like parties. What do ponies do on parties? I have no idea!” Discord monologued. “But I know someone who knows everything!” He snapped his fingers and teleported.

“AH!” Twilight yelled, as she bumped into someone who hadn't been there a second ago.

“Hello Twilight! I've heard you're very wise and academic. And since you are a princess now, you surely are the most intelligent pony in all of Equestria! Maybe not as intelligent as I, but wiser.”

Twilight interrupted the draconequus. “Discord! What are you doing in my library?” she shouted.

“I want to ask you a few questions, your Highness, that's all!” Discord responded.

“What questions?” the young alicorn sighed.

“First of all: What's your favourite cake?”

“I don't have time for this! I have to study!”

“What's your favourite cake?”

“It's chocolate cake. Now, let me study!” Twilight shouted angrily.

“Wonderful!” Discord grinned. “Second question: What do ponies do on parties?”

“Go, and ask Pinkie.” Twilight groaned, annoyed.

“Fine,” Discord said huffily. “Bye!” he added enthusiastically and vanished.

Discord stood in Sugarcube Corner and waited for Pinkie Pie. He was bored, so he sang a random song about peanut butter cupcakes.”Peanut butter cupcaahahakes! Oh sweet and tahaahasty cuhuupcakes! With rohohoasted apples! Why nohot eat them aaaaaaaaaaaaaaall!” it was very… tuneless.

“Discord! How wonderful to see you!” Pinkie hugged the draconequus tightly.

“Hello, Pinkie!” he cawed. “Don't crush me to death!”

Pinkie let him go and bounced happily around him. “Want some cake? Or biscuit, maybe a cupcake! With peanut butter!” Pinkie said, joyful.

“Yes, but I need a chocolate cake. And I have to ask you two questions.”

“What questions? Do you want to ask me about the cake's icing? It's dark chocolate!”

“Actually, I wanted to ask 'Do you think those dancing cupcakes are funny?'” Discord replied.

“Dancing cupcakes?” Pinkie said surprised.

“Those behind~”

Discord was interrupted by an angry scream. “Discord! You have turned my book 'Dragons and Ponies' into an angry predator, which ate all my notes! Give them back! Turn the book normal again! And why are those cupcakes dancing?”

“Dancing cupcakes?” Pinkie said again.

“The notes are probably inside the book. I guess. You can get to them if you tame the book. You surely have a book for that,” Discord returned.

“Yes, I have this book. I've already studied the subject, but wait, all my notes I ever made are gone!” Twilight hissed.

“You could just hire somepony to tame it!”

“Dancing cupcakes!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“I think it would be better for you if you go back to the library and tame this book. It likes to eat other books,” Discord remarked.

Twilight screamed and ran back to the library to save her books.

“They are funny!” Pinkie finally answered Discord's question.

“The time comes to ask my second question,” Discord spoke dignified. “What do ponies do on parties?”

“We dance and play and eat cake. We talk and have fun together! And there is always music.”

“Thank you,” Discord said and took his chocolate cake. He went through the wall and was in his house again.


It was Saturday. Finally. Discord grabbed for the cake. It was not there. He suddenly remembered. He had eaten the cake yesterday! He panicked and teleported to Sugarcube Corner. “Where is Pinkie Pie? I need chocolate cake! Now!” he yelled at Mr. Cake.

“S-she is at the l-library with her friends!”

“The library? I think Twilight is still mad at me. This means, you will give me chocolate cake! Muhahahaha!”

“Just take your cake and leave!” Mr. Cake cried.

Discord grabbed a chocolate cake, two boxes of cupcakes and a cake whose icing looked like Discord's face. “The cake is mine FOREVER!” The Lord of Chaos yelled. Behind him lightning crackled and thunder almost drowned his evil laughter.


Fluttershy was preparing her tea party. The table was set and she was making tea in the kitchen. Fluttershy hummed whilst pouring the boiling water into the teapot. She had just finished when she heard the doorbell ring. With a look at the clock, she made sure she wasn’t late with her preparations. It was five to five. With a relieved sigh, she opened the door.

“Hello Shutterfly! How are the preparations going?” Discord glimpsed into the room, ”Well, it sure doesn’t look party-y at all! We have to hurry!” He snapped his fingers. Her ceiling light turned into a mirror ball; streamers, a jukebox and colourful party decorations appeared in a flash, while Discord was bringing in a dinner tray with a majestic chocolate cake, two boxes of peanut butter cupcakes and a cake whose icing looked like his face. The Lord of Chaos put the tray on her lovely set table, sadly it caused one of her best plates to fall on the floor where it shattered into a thousand pieces. “Oh, my, I am so terribly sorry!” the Lord of Chaos exclaimed.

“D-Discord! Why~" The Lord of Chaos interrupted her by pressing a big red button on the juke box. The music was horribly loud and the sound pressed her against the wall. Fluttershy tried to cover her ears with her hooves, but the music was too loud. Discord didn’t give her a second look and picked up the pieces of her plate. He threw them through her window. “Discord! Please turn off the music!” she screamed, but he didn’t seem to hear her. Suddenly it started raining confetti. Fluttershy didn’t understand why he was doing this. This was supposed to be a tea party. Quiet and calm and relaxing. Drinking tea and chatting with her friends over some biscuits.

“What is going on in here?!” a voice at the still opened door screamed. Fluttershy barely could move her head, but she noticed Twilight and Rarity.

“Fluttershy invited me to a party! I was just helping her to finish the preparations. If you want to come in, please show me your invitations.”

“That’s not how tea parties work!” Twilight said and turned off the music. Fluttershy fell on the floor.

“Of course it is! I asked Pinkie! She should know it!” the draconequus defended himself.

“A tea party is not identical to a party. At a tea party ponies come together to talk while having tea time,“ Twilight explained in an annoyed tone.

“Well, that doesn’t sound like fun,” Discord returned huffily.

“It can be really relaxing and it is a perfect opportunity to get to know each other better. You should join us. Trying doesn’t hurt,” Fluttershy said in her calm and quiet voice.

“Fluttershy is right. Although you really are… well, uncouth sometimes, we really should try to become friends,” Rarity stated.

“Fine,” Discord huffed. “But just this once.” He snapped his fingers and the jukebox and all the party decorations disappeared. He even fixed Fluttershy’s broken plate. They sat down. “So, Twilight, how are things going with that predator book lately?”

Author's Note:

I want to hereby thank my proofreader Capacitor for his efforts to make this story better.

Constructive criticism is very much appreciated!

Comments ( 2 )

Fluttershy is such a darling in this story – very much like her season one/two self. And this would make a nice episode if the lesson were elaborated a little. That was actually very pleasant to read. Take the upvote!

Thank you for the feedback!
You have a valid point about the lesson, though I wouldn't really know what it could be. Maybe to ask if you don't understand something rather than assuming?
Anyways, thank you again for taking the time to comment!

Login or register to comment