• Published 17th Feb 2017
  • 740 Views, 12 Comments

Dear Diary - Vixie



Dear diary, today at school, the three blank flanks were playing on the swings. Me and Silver pushed them off and they fell into the mud! It was hilarious, nopony could stop laughing!

  • ...
3
 12
 740

Sunday, December (Hearths Warming)

Author's Note:

I wanted to release this on Christmas, but I was too busy. This was also very rushed, so I hope you still enjoy! :twilightsmile:

Dear Diary,

Today is Hearths Warming and I'm super excited! Yesterday, I took care of everything, so today, I can just enjoy my time with Silver Spoon! I woke up today with a big grin on my face and jumped out of bed. Silver's party was at five, so I had plenty of time to get ready, but instead, I went to Silver's house to see if she wanted to hang out before it started. I knocked on the door.

Silver opened it, her hair frizzy and her glasses slightly tilted. "Hello?" She stared at me for a while. Her vision was probably still a bit blurry. "Oh, Diamond, it's you."

"Merry Hearths Warming!" I sang out. I adjusted her glasses and kissed her on the cheek. I pushed strands of hair from her face.

Silver leaned in to kiss me, but I stopped her. She blinked at me, confused.

"Save it for the mistletoe." I smiled.

Silver nodded, then yawned. "I stayed up late with Pinkie to plan the party. I'm so glad we're done."

"You could've just asked me to help, you know."

Silver shook her head. "No, no. It's fine. It wasn't that bad."

"You sure?"

Silver nodded. "I'm sure."

"Anyways, want to hang out?"

Silver looked around nervously. "Um, sorry, but my parents want me to be home all day until the party, you know, to spend time with them."

"Oh," was all I could say.

"See you then?"

I nodded. "See you."

She closed the door.

I sneezed. I forgot to take a scarf or a coat on the way out. I trudged through the freezing snow back to my house. When I was back, I wrapped myself in blankets until I stopped shivering. Mom and Dad were probably still asleep. They had stayed up arguing all night, I suppose. I only realised how lonely I was without Silver Spoon then, when I lay on my bed, with nothing to do. I forgot we each had our own lives and things we had to do alone. I forced myself to laugh, thinking if I did, I'd trick myself into thinking it was actually quite funny when it wasn't.

The rest of the afternoon was dull and spent in bed, staring at the ceiling. I occasionally tried to call Silver, thinking she could spare some time so we could talk, but it went to voicemail. The fifth time I called, I was greeted with the same voice telling me the same thing: "I'm a bit busy at the moment, so please tell me what you wanted to talk about after the beep. Merry Hearths Warming!" Then the beep.

I said the same stupid thing: "Hey, Silver, I just wanted to talk if you had the time, but I guess you're busy right now. Maybe call back if you have a minute?" I was somewhat confused. Every time I saw a couple, they'd spend every second of every minute together, but now I had to spend hours by myself. I was as bored as possible while Silver was probably eating her mom's delicious cake and talking with her parents.

She and her parents were always pretty close, which I envy, while mine almost never talked to me and had started to argue non-stop. Dad was even sleeping on the couch downstairs. I felt alone. Not even Hearths Warming's message of friendship and love couldn't get them to calm down and at least pretend to like each other, even for a day.

I closed my eyes, hoping to doze off and take a nap, but I couldn't stop thinking about the reality of my life outside of my dreamworld with Silver Spoon.

The sound of my phone ringing made my eyes fly open. I looked and saw that it was only my aunt in Manehattan, the one I couldn't even remember the name of. It was definitely not waking up for, especially since I had just fallen asleep.

I had finally managed to drift back into sleep when there was another annoying ring. It was my aunt from Fillydelphia. I put my phone on mute and shoved it into my closet. Then, I was able to take a relaxing nap.

When I woke up, it was dark out, probably well past seven. I stared out my window, shocked by my stupid idea to not set an alarm. Wait, I did set an alarm, but my phone was on mute. Maybe there was still time, maybe the party wasn't over. I sped out of my room and down the stairs. Mom and Dad were arguing, as usual, and didn't seem to even notice I was leaving. I ran as fast as I could to Sugarcube Corner and burst in.

Pinkie Pie was cleaning up while Silver Spoon was sitting at a table looking hurt. When she saw me, she looked furious. "Where were you? I was standing by the mistletoe looking like an idiot while you were doing what, getting a facial at the spa?!"

I had never seen her so angry before. It would be difficult to explain I was taking a nap and overslept. "I'm sorry," I said quietly. "I was just-"

"This was important to me, you know. I spent so much time getting this ready so everypony would enjoy this party. Especially you." Silver Spoon gave me a cold glare, then tears welled up in her eyes. "Did you not care enough to come? Did you think it wasn't good enough for you? Diamond, I thought we'd grown close this past year. I thought we were going to be there for each other no matter what, yet you leave me on Hearths Warming!"

I was silent. I should have known Silver loved celebrating Hearths Warming even more than her birthday, which is why she didn't celebrate her birthday at all. I was ashamed of myself.

Silver sniffed. "I can't believe you!" She sobbed, than pushed me aside to run out.

"Wait!" I yelled, dashing after her. "I'm sorry!"

She stopped for a moment. "Are you?" Then, she ran around a corner and I lost sight of her.

It was really dark, but I decided I needed a moment to calm myself. I walked to Sweet Apple Acres, then ducked through the bushes. There sat Silver Spoon, staring at the moon. Even from where I stood, I could hear her crying.

I silently came up behind her and gave her a hug. She jumped a little, but didn't do anything else. She sobbed more quietly.

"I'm sorry I didn't come. You worked really hard on it and it must've hurt you to think I didn't want to because I wouldn't like it," I began. "I feel like you've been putting in a lot of effort to make everything special, and I'm not. I'll try-"

"It's not about that," Silver cut in. "I just feel like you don't like me anymore. It's like you don't care about me, but I care about you. I just feel ignored, I guess." She wiped her eyes.

I hugged her tighter. "I'm not trying to ignore you. When you were busy spending time with your parents, I tried to call but you wouldn't pick up and I was feeling lonely. I tried to take a nap, but I kept getting woken up because of random calls from my relatives and I put my phone on silent, so I missed my alarm. Silver, I just wanted to talk to you, but I couldn't. I felt ignored."

Silver was silent. "I love you." She said finally.

"I love you too."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment