• Published 17th Feb 2017
  • 740 Views, 12 Comments

Dear Diary - Vixie



Dear diary, today at school, the three blank flanks were playing on the swings. Me and Silver pushed them off and they fell into the mud! It was hilarious, nopony could stop laughing!

  • ...
3
 12
 740

Wednesday, February

Dear Diary,

When I came home yesterday, I was very tempted to break out in a musical number. "Hi, Diamond. I got your stuff back. Wait, where'd you get that?" Dad asked, pointing to my new silver tiara.

"From somepony very special." I replied.

"But it's... Silver!" Mom spat, the last word rolling off her tongue like a foul taste.

My parents didn't really approve of Silver Spoon that much, probably because they believed that silver was for poor ponies, but I mean, it's just a name. "I don't care. I love it. And by the way, you can keep my other tiara. I don't need it anymore." I said.

"But ponies will think we ran out of money and we were so desperate to sell your diamond tiara!" Mom protested.

"That's what happened, isn't it?" I asked.

"Diamond Tiara! Appearance is everything, even if it means hiding what really happened! Money is the only reason I married your father!" Mom shouted.

"You married me only because I had tons of money?!" Dad seemed to be getting angry. I was actually surprised that my parents could get into an argument that quickly.

"Yes! Because back then, you had an infinite amount of money I could use!" Mom explained. "But I guess that money's running out!"

"Well I only married you because at the time, you looked beautiful, but now, you're like torn money! You're useless!" Dad shot back.

"You see?" I cut in before Mom could argue. "Money and beauty doesn't last forever. But true love does. It lasts for eternity, as long as you focus on what's on the inside. And apparently, you two don't care what's on the inside. For you, it's about what you have and look like."

My parents were speechless, I couldn't blame them, those were true words of wisdom. I walked up to my room, closing the door behind me. I looked up at a picture of Silver and I. Around us was a heart I drew on with pink marker. Did I mention that me and Silver are dating? Yep! She's my official marefriend now, and I couldn't be happier!

Anyways, today, I was in particularly high spirits. I think it has something to do with Silver and I being marefriends, though I can't be too sure. Our relationship has only lasted two days, and today is the third, but still, I feel like I've loved Silver for years. I actually have, deep down inside, I just didn't notice for a while. After school, Silver and I are going on our first official date, but it's a surprise. I don't know if it counts as a date if Silver doesn't know, but it is to me.

Again, I didn't really pay attention in class. I didn't care at all. The bell rang quicker than I expected.

"Hey Silver, I have somewhere I want to take you." I said, walking up to Silver.

"Is it another surprise?" She asked, her eyes showing her excitement through her pale blue glasses.

"No... Yes... Well, maybe!" I replied.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere you've been before."

"Is it your house?"

"No, but you might as well save your guesses." I led Silver down the path to Sweet Apple Acres, but she couldn't figure it out.

"Sugar cube corners? Rarity's boutique? Golden Oaks library? Cloudsdale?"

I had to admit, what she was saying was getting pretty ridiculous, first of all, we can go to Cloudsdale because we'd fall right through the clouds, second, why would we go to a library? I wouldn't say Silver is dumb, believe me, she could outsmart everypony she knows, she's just a cute kind of dumb when it comes to other areas. And I'm not complaining, to be honest, I like her that way.

I took a left, crawling through the bush.

"Oh..." Silver adjusted her glasses, realizing she had been way far off from the answer than she had expected.

"Well, are you coming, Silver?" I asked, looking back at Silver expectantly.

"Of course!" Silver crouched and followed me.

I don't know why but the gems were sparkling brighter than usual, and weren't in their usual circle formation. "What the..." I muttered.

"Oh Diamond, it's beautiful!" Silver exclaimed, running out into the clearing. "It's even better than the last time we were here!"

"But I didn-!" I began, only to be cut off by another sound.

Silver froze. The gem's light was blinking in a pattern, each one making a ding sound at a different time and rhythm. It was making actual music.

"Diamond... This is... Amazing!" Silver watched the gems intently, fascinated by them.

"Yeah but I didn't plan th-..." I stopped mid-sentence, realizing that the gems were in the shape of a heart, and in the middle of that heart was a picnic. "Thank you, Princess Cadance..." I muttered. I knew this had to be the magic of the Princess of Love.

"Wow, Diamond this was really planned out!" Silver jumped onto the picnic blanket.

"Oh it was nothing, just a little decoration here and there..." I said, sitting on the picnic blanket across from Silver.

"A little?" Silver echoed. "This is brilliant, I never could have thought of it! How long did this take you?"

"A few hours, I guess." I lied. I was just thinking of how long it might have took Princess Cadance to do it, but I couldn't be sure, she might have used magic and got it done in like, two seconds.

"Well, you did a great job!" Silver congratulated me for something I didn't do.

It sort of made me feel bad, lying to my marefriend, but at least she was happy. "Thanks... Now, let's eat!" I quickly changed the subject, opening the picnic basket. Inside the basket were two pieces of vanilla cake and two smoothies with a pair of straws complete with a little umbrella. Wow, Cadance was good at her job.

"Here," I said, giving Silver her cake and smoothie.

"Thanks, Di." Silver took a bite of the cake. "Mmm! My favorite!"

"Really? Vanilla is my favorite too!" I took my cake and smoothie from the basket.

Silver and I lay down side by side, empty glasses and cake crumbs on the blanket next to us. The sun was setting, it was the exact same time that our first kiss happened. "Have you ever wondered how Princess Celestia can raise the sun, but no other unicorn can?" Silver asked, twirling her little umbrella between her hooves.

"Simple," I replied. "She's an alicorn, not a unicorn."

"But how come Princess Cadance nor Princess Luna can do it?"

"Hmm.... Maybe it's because they haven't mastered it. Maybe alicorns can only have one main ability, like how Cadance is practically a cupid, and Luna raises the moon." I explained, though I was a bit confused too. I was just trying to sound smart.

"So you're saying it's sort of like cutiemarks? Like how somepony's talent is going to be on their flank for the rest of eternity and they can never get a new one?"

"Guess so. But what about those blank flanks? Will they stay blank flanks?"

"Until they find a talent, maybe." Silver shrugged.

"You know, I sort of feel bad for bullying them." I admitted.

"Yeah, me too. We were blank flanks too at one point, right?"

"Right." I echoed in response. "I remember when I was one. I wasn't as confident as I am now, I was more of an introvert. The day I got my cutiemark, was meant to be one of the best days of my life, but it wasn't. I knew then and there, that my cutiemark was meaningless. I mean, all I did was put on a stupid tiara I got on my birthday."

"But why did you keep wearing it?" Silver asked.

"I guess it's because I just felt emotionally attached to that tiara. I thought that my cutiemark would... Vanish if I didn't wear it frequently. I took it off every night, but put it on first thing in the morning. I started to get more and more confident because I realized, diamonds are better than everything in the world, and way more expensive." I explained. "But then I found something that's priceless."

"What was it?"

"You." I grabbed Silver's hoof.