• Published 17th Feb 2017
  • 740 Views, 12 Comments

Dear Diary - Vixie



Dear diary, today at school, the three blank flanks were playing on the swings. Me and Silver pushed them off and they fell into the mud! It was hilarious, nopony could stop laughing!

  • ...
3
 12
 740

Tuesday, February (Hearts and Hooves Day)

Dear Diary,

Today is Hearts and Hooves day, and I'm way more excited than I originally thought. I don't know if it's because of my special somepony, though. Who is my special somepony, you ask? My best friend, Silver Spoon. I guess it might sound weird, me having a romantic interest in another filly. And also how we might be a bit too young. But hey, love is love, right? Anyways, Silver Spoon said she'd pick me up at 8:00 AM so we could walk to school together. The first thing I did when I woke up was reach out for my very expensive tiara, which was on my very expensive bedside table. But the strange thing is, nothing was there. My eyes shot open. I screamed like crazy.

"What is it, honey?! Did somepony break in and steal something?!" Mom asked, bursting into the room.

"M...My tiara... It's gone... It's gone!!!" I shrieked.

Mom gasped. "Oh no!!! This is terrible!!"

The next thing I knew, me and mom were running around my room in circles.

"What's going on in here?" Dad popped his head inside, to see me and mom panicking. "What in Equestria is going on here?!"

"My tiara is gone!" I panicked.

"You have other tiaras, use those." Dad sounded surprisingly calm. Too calm. Something was up, but I had no time to worry about that.

I opened my wardrobe. It was empty. Al of my special outfits and tiaras had been taken as well. "T..They aren't here..." I was in denial.

Mom's eyes went wide. "Sweet Celestia..." She breathed.

"Oh right, I forgot. I sold that stuff." Dad remembered.

"You what?!" Me and mom screamed in unison.

"We were running short on money, so I sold some of the stuff we didn't need. I mean, Diamond didn't need all of those outfits!" Dad put on a fake smile. "Plus, I sold them for more than I bought them for." He added.

I froze. My own dad had sold my most prized possession. What was he thinking? It was just as bad an idea as giving out all your money for free. He just sold my tiara, the most important thing in my life. "Get it back." I demanded.

"What?" Dad asked, as if he didn't hear me.

"Get. It. Back." I repeated, louder.

"But sweetie, I..." He began. I raised a hoof, cutting him off.

"Get. It. Back!" I shouted. "When I get back, I want everything back in my room! Understood!?"

"Uhh... Y-Yes.."

"Good! Now, if they aren't here by the time I'm back... You. Will. Pay." I didn't mean that you will pay thing literally, but some money wouldn't hurt if dad thought that's what I meant.

Angrily, I stomped out of the room and down the stairs. I didn't bother to get breakfast. I wasn't in the mood. Losing my tiara was like losing everything. Even worse than losing all my money. I heard a knock on the door.

"Di?" Silver Spoon kept knocking on the door impatiently. My ears perked up. "You ready to go to school??" There was a tinge of nervousness in her voice, but that didn't really matter. At least she was here.

I flung the door open. "Silver!"

"Hi, Di." Silver replied. "Happy Hearts and Hooves day." I noticed she was wearing pale pink glasses instead of her blue ones, probably to celebrate.

"Happy Hearts and Hooves day to you too, Silver." I didn't want to tell Silver about what my dad did. Dad would get my stuff back. He had to, or else I don't know what I'd do.

"I, um... Got you something..." Silver took something out of her saddle bag. It was a tiara. "Sorry, it's silver. I couldn't find a diamond one. And..." Silver bit her lower lip.

"No, no." I cut her off. "It's perfect. I love it." I took the tiara and placed it on my head.

"I know it's not much, but..." Silver kept on speaking like she hadn't heard me.

"It's amazing. It sort of reminds me of you." I said . "Now let's go to school, we might be late."

Silver nodded, smiling a bit. "Race you there!" She shouted and took off. That was unexpected. One moment she's shy and the next she's racing you to school. But one thing was for sure, I wasn't going to lose.

"No fair!" I sped through the town, catching up to Silver. Pony's heads turned. I wasn't one to get engaged in sports and all that, so this was a rare sight. "I'm catching up!" I was getting a bit worn out, but that wouldn't stop me from beating Silver in the race.

Silver Spoon got to school 2 minutes before me. This meant I lost the race. "No fair..." I panted. "You... Started before me..." I felt like I would collapse.

"I guess it wasn't fair, then. But you still didn't catch up. I thought you were better than that, Di." Silver giggled. She couldn't help but gloat, it was obvious.

Before I could reply, the bell rang. Everypony was filing into class. "Okay, students. Time to pass out Hearts and Hooves day cards. You know the rules, you walk around the class and put the cards on somepony's desk." Ms Cherilee explained.

Everypony trotted over to each other's desks with their Hearts and Hooves day cards. I just sat at my because every year, I don't give out cards. Those things cost money. Money that I'm not going to waste on my classmates who I won't even remember in 3 years. Silver walked up to my desk, putting a pink envelope with a heart on it in front of me. "Um... For you, Diamond..." She blushed a bit.

"But Silver, I didn't get you anything." Even I was shocked at what I just said. I never cared if I didn't get anypony anything, the only thing that mattered was that I got something.

"It's okay. I don't mind. Why don't you open the card?" Silver asked.

I pulled the card closer. It wasn't one of those store-bought ones, it was hoof-made. I smiled a bit. It looked like it had a lot of effort put into it. I opened it.

Dear Diamond,

I know this sounds weird, but I like you. A lot. And though we're best friends, I want us to be more than that.

Love, Silver Spoon.

It was short and sweet. "Sorry I couldn't make it rhyme. It was hard to come up with them." Silver looked at me expectantly. "But what do you think?" She asked.

"I... I... Loved it." I replied. Silver smiled.

"Glad you like it." Silver slipped into her seat next to me as class began.

All I heard was Ms Cherilee going 'Blah, blah, blah' for the entire school day. I didn't really care about school. I would grow up and be super rich, so it didn't matter. Though, I had one question. Were me and Silver dating? Maybe we were too young. But there are a few class sweethearts that I could point out if anypony asked. Though none of the couples were real couples. They just knew who had a crush on them and were probably going to get in a relationship at one point. I knew Silver for years, so maybe now was that one point.

"Okay, time to go home!" Ms Cherilee announced.

Everypony filed out of the door, Silver and I lagging behind. "Hey, Silver, do you want to see something?" I asked.

"Sure, Di." Silver replied, getting a bit excited.

I led Silver down the path to the Apple farm, taking a left and trotting through a bush.

"Are you sure about this?" Silver hesitated.

"Mhm." I nodded, even if Silver couldn't see it.

"Okay..." Silver walked in after me.

I ducked under a fallen tree. "Watch your head." I advised, moving some leaves out of the way so that Silver could see.

We were in a clearing surrounded by gems, a diamond in the middle. "This is a place I found a few years ago, I believed it gave me luck. And it was actually true, because a week after I discovered this, I found you." I explained.

"Diamond, it's beautiful." Silver breathed, standing up from her crouching position.

I jumped over the wall of gems, heading for the diamond and the smaller ones forming a small circle next to it. I pulled a tiny out of the ground. "For you." I gave it to Silver.

"Really?" She studied it, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

"Think of it as a Hearts and Hooves day gift."

"I love it."

"I knew you would."

The sun started to set. The light hit the gems, making them shimmer even more.

"I love you, Di. Way more than you can guess." Silver sighed.

"I love you t-!" I was cut off when Silver kissed me. Butterflies. Butterflies flying around in my stomach. How'd they get in there? Was this normal? I felt like I was flying a million miles in the air. My first kiss was happening, and it couldn't be anymore magical.