• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 1,413 Views, 15 Comments

After the end - GrayOnBlue



Pony is having fun on the dead Earth

  • ...
129
 15
 1,413

Freedom

The ruins of the last city on Earth were silent. There were no sounds of usual human life, like roaring cars, shouts and arguments, shooting and stabbing. What’s left of humans now was scattered all around the ruins: thousands of skeletons, lying in various poses. Some were pinned down by ruined walls, some were burned down to ashes, or just damaged in many ways.



There also was a lonely figure of something, that didn’t belong here, in this cursed world. A creature, truly unique for Earth: for the first time in its history, the planet was honored to host a truly sapient being.

Honey Bun, a dark gray earth pony, was slowly walking down the street of the dead city, singing a tune in a soft voice. Her big, magnificent eyes holded an elated expression as she looked around.

“You know, now I like this world a lot more than usual. It was meant to be like that, it seems. After all, human extinction was the best thing that happened to this lousy planet.”



A plastic bag flew through the street, caught up by the wind. She followed it with her eyes and sighed:

“They corrupted everything. Every single thing. How could they even live like this? Well, fortunately, they won’t do anything of the sort ever again. Because you know what? That’s right, they are all dead!”

She spotted a cat wearing a shabby collar. Seems like it was once someone’s pet.

“Hey, kitten. Do you miss your owners? Well, you shouldn’t. Now that they’re dead, nobody will beat you up ever again, or tear your fur off.

We knew that many domesticated animals won’t survive the harsh natural environment of this world, so we created many sanctuaries specially for you. This so-called ‘city’ will be turned into one of these soon, as well. So you don’t have to worry about anything.”



The cat left a while ago, but it didn’t seem to bother the pony. She kept rambling as she walked further:

“It’s something new, you know? Something special that has never happened.”

She stumbled upon a huge piece of metal that used to be a car a long ago. There were two skeletons in the front seats, and it looked like their former owners didn’t have enough time to get out.

“No, no, not anymore. Not anymore. You hear me? NOT ANYMORE!” She shouted at the skeletons, shaking her hoof in a threatening way.



Honey Bun couldn’t help herself. She turned around and hit the car with both hind legs. The rotten door part flew inside the car, making both skeletons crumble into dust. She started to laugh, adoring this experience.

For a human, it’d have been a sight straight from some horror movie: an alien vaguely resembling equine laughing in the middle of the dead city, filled with skeletons.

But for her, a superior form of life, it was actually funny and liberating. And no primitive and stupid human opinions could affect her judgement even a little.

“What a lovely day we’ve got here! Just look at the sky -- dark gray clouds, moving by powerful post-apocalyptic wind. The sight is just great. I love it.”



Soon she reach something that used to be a store, or so she thought. Windows were broken, walls were barely holding the roof. It didn’t have a door either. Just an empty doorway.

“Ah, the human invention, just as useless and empty as their lives. I think there’s a lot of fun waiting me inside. But first I’ve got something to do outside”

She saw one glass case that wasn’t shattered as the others. Honey Bun smiled, then walked to the nearest skeleton. She grabbed the skull with both hooves and tried to rip it from the spine. When she succeeded, she fell down on her back, holding the skull.



“Hey, humans? Catch!”

She rapidly stood up and threw the skull, shattering that glass case. The sight of falling debris made her smile.

The pony then walked into the abandoned store, looking around with both disgust and interest.

“Well, I guess it’s the best thing that humans were capable of. Good things there are no more of them around, that’s for sure. They were so dumb and helpless, and could only wreak devastation around. I was lucky to have a chance to destroy them all. How do I sleep with the blood of over seven billion humans on my hooves? Perfectly fine, of course, how else I can sleep? Now that they are all dead, my final mission is completed. I’m free and can actually relax and live my life.”



She took a gas canister, found in one of the cars and started to pour flammable liquid everywhere. Then she took a box of matches and smirked.

“My favourite part!”

She lighted a match and threw it on the floor, then ran away from the store.

Soon after, Honey Bun watched how the building was burning, with her mouth open. She loved to burn the last signs of human ‘civilization’, because using fire was a perfect way to purificate Earth from what’s left of them.



“So, humans, I wonder, why don’t you say anything, huh? Come on, use your big words, try anything. Start a philosophical debate, or attack me with a barrage of snide taunts. Why are you silent all of the sudden? You didn’t have any problems with it before.”

The pony laughed.



“Well, I can answer that. You know why you’re silent? Because all your words, all your huge, long-ass tirades and other waste like this means nothing to death. You cannot mock it, talk it to exhaustion or confuse it with your flowery lies. Death is here, it took all of you, and you couldn’t do anything. This is the real cost of your arrogance and self-righteousness.”

She knew that nobody will hear her, but didn’t care. In fact, it made her happy, because it was a sign that humans don’t exist anymore. She has won; her mission was completed.

Comments ( 15 )

*completely

Alternate Title: "Exhibit A".

Comment posted by StormLuna deleted Jan 19th, 2018

It's... An interesting concept, I suppose.

This is either grade A satire or or depressing incompetency.

Comment posted by Shadowflameking deleted Jan 11th, 2023

You coulda atleast made the experience a bit more fascinating then making it into some kind of incompetent edgefest of a pony talking to herself with nothing else but her 'laughing' and 'relishing' the death of an entire race.

Just awful.

8700928
Not as awful as anti-TCB fics.

8701322
Bad comeback.

If I (in another timeline where I've got 200% the edge.) wanted to make a 'good' misanthropic fanfic about a big battle to wipe out Earth in some weird alternative universe, I'd make it with ponies in tanks, ships, aircraft, etc, make it more interesting than just "they're just somehow invincible.".

8701633
Why bother with war machines, if the the goal is to destroy the population compelitely? Use weapons of mass destruction and hyper-power spells.
Or you can use magic to gain control over germs. Think about it: the life itself is possible only because of them. With the total control over them you can almost instantly wipe out any genus, including Homo.

8701639
Well I mean there's always that, but imo, ponies are only so powerful and only that sort of apocalyptic power is held by the two sisters, i.e Luna and Celly. So the use of war machines and ultimately WMDs are inevitable.

Thing is, war machines are fuckin' metal as fuck d00d. PS, if humans are so worthless, then why not just bomb them and not face them?

8701660
Guilty pleasure? Like singing in a shower or posing in front of a mirror when nobody's looking.
In canon Celestia and Luna ain't so powerful. IMO, like two missile cruisers at max. Or two A-10 Thunderbolts. If Celestia was wielding the full power of the Sun... then all those anti-TCB stories where ponies are defeated would've been less plausible than a claim that a wounded snail can exceed the speed of light without wormholes and space-time contractions. Because each second the Sun generates energy worth of 90,822,179,732 megatons of TNT, which can turn the whole land surface of Earth into a charred wasteland in a second. Even most powerful nukes are just mere fireworks compared to this power.
Besides, I doubt they will send ponies into the war when they can just wipe out humans via mass destruction means.

yo this story make the king dain from fall of equestria story's look like a saint

Comment posted by Schwabauer deleted Aug 8th, 2021
Login or register to comment