• Published 16th Dec 2016
  • 775 Views, 3 Comments

Aria Blazing Star - OneOverTwo



After one of them listens to a new album, the Rainbooms are shocked to see that the singer on its cover may be one of the Dazzlings.

  • ...
0
 3
 775

Concert

It was the day of the charity concert. It was completely sold out. The Rainbooms were there as audience members along with Rarity’s and Applejack’s sisters and their friend. People from all over the area were attending the concert. Sometimes this resulted in rival school related skirmishes, but mostly people were just excited for the double billed concert.

“I hope Aria does her cover of ‘Serves Her Right’,” said Scootaloo.

“Yeah, for some reason she just seems to put so much more emotion in it than Sapphire Shores,” said Apple Bloom.

“Rarity, I thought you said this was a musical,” said Sweetie Belle.

“I said that it was going to be musical, Sweetie,” said Rarity.

“Aw man, you always get me with that,” said Sweetie Belle, “Grah!”

“Considering how much it’s happened, you think you’d catch on by now,” said Scootaloo.

“But sometimes it IS a musical, Scootaloo,” said Sweetie Belle, “Sometimes!”

“Don’t remind me,” said Scootaloo who then looked up at Rainbow Dash as if she was seeking approval for some reason.

She got a head pat and a hair mussing up. She got the biggest grin on her face.

“Settle down y’all,” said Applejack, “the show’ll start any minute now.”

Applejack’s cellphone suddenly rang.

“Applejack!” said Pinkie Pie, “You’re supposed to silence your phone during a show!”

“It hasn’t started yet, Pinkie,” Applejack answered, “Hullo?”

“AJ!” said Coloratura, “Our opening band… got sick and I was thinking... you have a band, right? Aria told me that all of the Rainspoons would be here.”

“Land’s sake, that girl is either hard of hearin’ or doin’ this on purpose,” muttered Applejack, “Our band’s ‘The Rainbooms’, Rara.”

"Heh, I know, but I had to share that one," said Coloratura, "That aside, you’d probably only have time for one or two songs, but… you can play right?”

“Uh…” said Applejack, “Ah don’t know, we kind of brought my sister and her friends with us…”

“Um, what are you talking about, Applejack?” said Fluttershy.

“Rara wants us to replace the opening band”YES!” said Rainbow Dash very abruptly, smooshing her face against Applejack’s phone side in an attempt to make her voice heard by Countess Coloratura.

“Easy there, Dash,” said Applejack as she pushed her friend off of herself, “As Ah said, Rara, Ah don’t wanna leave my sister and her friends in this crowd.

“Don’t worry, AJ, there’s nothing stopping you from taking Apple Bloom and her friends with you,” said Coloratura, “and we can even get you all better seats after you’re done performing. I already bought you tickets before I found out that Aria sold some to you.”

“That’d still leave out our sisters,” said Applejack.

“Okay, I may have bought an entire row just in case,” said Coloratura.

“Er… right,” Applejack looked to her friends, “What do y’all think?”

“I think we should do it,” said Sunset Shimmer, “Opportunities like this rarely come up, even if we don’t think our band will last forever this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.”

“Yeah, and our band is totally going to last forever so we need to take this opportunity while we can!” said Rainbow Dash, “Or it’ll never happen again!”

“Not quite how it works, Rainbow,” said Sunset Shimmer.

“But it’s still like an urgent emergency to do this!” said Pinkie Pie, “It’s an urgency! ...Wait let me try that again.”

“Fine fine,” said Applejack, “We’ll be your opening band, Rara.”

“Oh finally!” said Coloratura.

“Finally?” said Applejack, "What exactly do ya mean by that?"

“See you backstage! I’ll have someone escort you there soon,” said Coloratura as she hung up.

“Well…” said Applejack, “that happened.”


The Rainbooms and their accompanying trio were backstage.

“These are seedless grapes!” said Svengallop, “I said grapes with the seeds removed! Now go get some or I am pulling the Countess from this concert.

“Yes sir, right away,” said a panicked man.

“What’s with that guy?” said Rainbow Dash.

“Rara says it has something to do with technical errors,” said Applejack, “I’m pretty sure her manager isn’t doin’ it right though.”

“I’ll say,” said Rarity.

“I can’t believe we’re backstage with Countess Coloratura AND Aria Blaze!” said Apple Bloom.

“I know, right!?” said Scootaloo.

“I’m glad I’m no longer in that crowd,” said Fluttershy, “Hopefully I won’t be too nervous in front of it…”

“Relax, Fluttershy,” Pinkie Pie clasped an arm around her friend, “If worse comes to worst you can just hide behind my drum set.”

“I’m surprised you packed that,” said Rainbow Dash.

“I’m more surprised that she packed all of our instruments,” said Sunset Shimmer.

“I had a feeling…” said Pinkie Pie, “and we needed to go in two cars anyway so there was space!”

“I still think you should have put your drums in Applejack’s vehicle,” said Rarity.

“Yeah, hindsight is twenty/twenty,” said Pinkie Pie.

Just then, the Rainbooms were approached by a threatening figure.

“Rainbooms!” said Aria Blaze.

“It’s Rainblooms!” said Rainbow Dash, “Oh gosh dang it!”

Aria smirked.

“I don’t think you have what it takes to go out there,” said Aria Blaze, “in front of that crowd.”

“Ah don’t really think we do either, honestly,” said Applejack.

“Aria Blaze, I bought all of your albums!” said Scootaloo.

“I only have two albums, kid,” said Aria Blaze.

“That admittedly makes it easier,” said Scootaloo.

“Can you sing showtunes?” said Sweetie Belle.

“Sweetie Belle!” whisper shouted Apple Bloom.

“What?” said Sweetie Belle.

“I mean, I guess I could,” said Aria Blaze, “Pop’s my focus though.”

“Can you… sing a showtune right now?” said Sweetie Belle.

“Sorry chump, I’ve got to save my voice for the concert,” said Aria Blaze.

“You’ll note that hasn’t stopped her from yelling at us,” said Rarity.

“What was that?” said Aria Blaze.

“Nothing,” said Rarity.

A silent moment passed.

“They should have your equipment ready by now, so get on stage then leave,” said Aria Blaze.

“Hey, uh, Ah really like your cover of ‘Serves Her Right’,” said Apple Bloom while she had the chance.

“...I’ll keep that in mind,” said Aria Blaze.


It was amazing and maybe a little bit frightning, but the Rainbooms were able to get through two of their songs in the time allotted to them. Fluttershy did end up having to hide behind Pinkie Pie towards the end though.

Shortly after the Rainboom’s surprise performance Aria Blaze and Countess Coloratura performed, alternating who sang with each song. Aria Blaze sang as if she was somehow dominating the words to each song which, with how upbeat Aria’s songs generally sounded, was an uncommon but not unwelcome experience. Countess Coloratura was closer to how popstars usually sound, but she was uncommonly good at what she did. No one would probably hear something like this concert for a good while.

Before anyone was really ready, the concert ended with Aria and Coloratura in a somewhat aggressive duet, though it sounded a bit lighter on the Countess’s end.


After the concert had ended, the Rainbooms and accompanying trio went backstage to greet with Aria Blaze and Countess Coloratura. Backstage passes had not been sold for this concert to prevent rioting, so the aforementioned accompanying trio felt like the luckiest girls alive at that point.

“I’m only here to show you how much I hate all of you,” said Aria Blaze.

“Heartsies!” thrice said Coloratura as she stamped the faces of Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo.

“Your singing was amazing!” said Sweetie Belle to Countess Coloratura.

“Aw, thank you,” said Coloratura.

Aria Blaze grumbled.

“Heartsies!” said Coloratura as she stamped Aria’s face.

“Gah!” said Aria Blaze before she frantically wiped the small bit of ink on her face off her face, it smeared, “Don’t ever do that again.”

“Ah’m really happy you sang ‘Serves Her Right’,” said Apple Bloom.

“Me too,” said Scootaloo.

“Yeah, well… I like when I sing that song too,” said Aria Blaze, soon looking off to the side after saying that.

Coloratura smiled.

“So, Rara,” said Applejack, “somethin’s been botherin’ me.”

Rara froze.

“What is it, AJ?” said Coloratura.

“Ah’m mainly bothered by the way you said ‘finally’ right before ya hung up on me,” said Applejack.

“Er…” said Coloratura.

“Are ya hiding something from me, Rara?” said Applejack.

“It’s…” said Coloratura, hesitating.

“You know how I feel about lying Rara,” said Applejack.

“You never agree to be an opening act for me, AJ! I just… I just wanted to perform with you, AJ, even if we didn’t really perform together. I’ve asked you so many times since I found out you joined a band. So I lied about what happened to our opening band. I didn’t actually have any opening band and hoped that the pressure to replace one would make you agree,” said Coloratura, “Are you happy, AJ? I’m not…”

“Wait…” said Rainbow Dash, “You never agreed to be an opening act for an artist THIS big?”

“Ah just didn’t think we were ready for it yet,” said Applejack.

“Honestly, Applejack, you should’ve at least let us have some say in this,” said Rarity.

“Yeah!” said Pinkie Pie, “This was a really big opportunity for all of us!”

Fluttershy nodded in agreement.

“I’m sorry AJ, I didn’t even really think that the plan would actually work, but I was sort of happy when it did,” said Coloratura, “I won’t ask you to open for me again.”

“Woah woah woah, let’s not get hasty now,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Rara, Ah…” said Applejack, “Well Ah guess ya didn’t really do much wrong, Rara. After all, Ah’ve been unfair about this situation too and Ah honestly still coulda backed out. Heck, even if my friends didn’t, ya still got a bassist or two for this concert and we got some songs with really simple bass lines. Ah don’t think ya even need ta be sorry.”

“Oh thank you!” said Coloratura as she squeezed Applejack in a tight embrace. Applejack awkwardly patted her friend on the back.

The rest of Applejack’s friends joined the hug briefly

“In the future...,” said Sunset Shimmer as the Rainbooms disengaged from the hug, “we should remember discuss any opportunity we have like this as a group.”

“Yeah, Ah get it,” said Applejack, still being held by Coloratura, “You can let go now.”

“Oh, of course,” said Coloratura as she released her friend.

Aria retched, “You guys are going to make me vomit.”

“I’m kinda at my limit too,” said Scootaloo.

“Aw don’t be such a wimp about this, Scoots,” said Apple Bloom.

Scootaloo gave Apple Bloom an angrily annoyed look while Apple Bloom couldn’t help but be a little smug. Sweetie Belle snickered at her friends.

“And, as long as I’m coming clean about things,” said Coloratura as if she had just remembered something, "I rigged it so that Aria would win our competition.”

“What?” said Aria Blaze flatly.

“I think that you should be the next Person of Pop, Aria. So I made sure that my ticket sales would only be one row and left the rest to you.” said Coloratura, “I think you’ve done more to earn the title.”

“Wha- the- buh- IT DOESN’T COUNT IF YOU LOST ON PURPOSE!!” said Aria Blaze.

“Oops?” said Coloratura.

Aria Blaze steamed and then screamed her rage to the sky.

“COUNTESS COLORATURA!!” raged Aria Blaze.

“Yes?” said Coloratura.

“Shut up, you’re ruining it,” said Aria Blaze.

Coloratura stood still for a bit, not sure what to do.

“Heartsies!” said Coloratura as she stamped Aria Blaze on the side of her face.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!” said Aria Blaze.

Author's Note:

The End.

If you know a better way to tag this story, please suggest it. Tagging is one of things I struggle with in regards to fan fiction.
Man am I bad at endings...
I'm not completely satisfied with this...

Comments ( 1 )

Funny chapter. Aria's unbridled rage always makes for a fun read.

Login or register to comment