• Published 16th Dec 2016
  • 775 Views, 3 Comments

Aria Blazing Star - OneOverTwo



After one of them listens to a new album, the Rainbooms are shocked to see that the singer on its cover may be one of the Dazzlings.

  • ...
0
 3
 775

Confrontation

It was a few days later from when Rarity had first brought up her curiosity about Aria Blaze up. After school Applejack gave them the news.

“Well Ah asked Rara ‘bout gettin’ tickets to Aria Blaze and she said she’d love to support her fellow musicians,” Applejack held up six laminated cards, “Apparently she got all six of us backstage passes.”

“That was nice of her,” said Fluttershy.

“Yeah, very generous,” Pinkie gave Rarity a suspicious look.

“What?” said Rarity.

“Oh nothing,” said Pinkie Pie.

“So… what exactly is the plan?” said Sunset Shimmer.

“Can’t we just, like, ask her if she’s one of the sirens?” said Rainbow Dash.

“That’d be a little… awkward,” said Rarity.

“Actually,” said Sunset Shimmer, “it might not be that bad of an idea.”

“Excuse me, Sunset,” said Rarity, “but are you sure you haven’t lost it?”

“No, think about it. The two worst things that could happen is either Aria Blaze does turn out to be one of the Dazzlings or it turns out that she really is just somebody who happens to look a lot like one of them; I don’t think she’d be able to do anything too dangerous if she is one of the sirens, nothing we can't handle at least, and she probably won’t be offended if we ask her if she was in a band we knew and she isn’t,” said Sunset Shimmer.

“Huh, Ah guess that the simple solution is the right one,” said Applejack.

“Oh come on, it must be more complicated than that!” said Rarity, “We’ve got to do some sort of more intense detective work, shouldn’t we?”

“Oh Rarity,” said Pinkie Pie, “it’s not like we’re in a Shadow Spade novel.”

“Well it should be…” grumbled Rarity.


Later once again, this time the day of the concert. People filled the room, it was not absolutely packed but only because of the relative newness of the artist.

“Well, this is it,” said Aria Blaze right before she set out and got on stage.

Her music encompassed the entire room. The visuals were expertly designed to enhance the experience. It was a bright sparkling shining in a dark room. The staff had managed to make it seem like everything had gone perfectly. The fans enthusiastically roared in joy. Aria Blaze’s voice was different. Aria Blaze’s voice was beautiful.

Soon it was over and it was time for attendees with backstage passes to have a meet and greet with Aria Blaze, something her mentor Sapphire Shores had recommended Aria to do.

“That couldn’t have been her,” said Fluttershy as she tried to continually curl herself inward in the crowd, “Her singing voice was too good.”

“Yeah, and it sounds real different,” said Pinkie Pie.

“Does she?” said Sunset Shimmer, “I don’t think we really got to hear the sirens’ individual voices all that well. Except for maybe the poofy haired one anyway.”

“I’m still not convinced Aria Blaze isn’t one of the Dazzlings,” said Rarity.

“We’re about to face her, girls,” said Applejack, “we can figure it out soon.”

“Yeah yeah,” said Rainbow Dash, “Let’s go!”


Backstage Aria Blaze met her devoted fans in small groups at a time so as to be more personal.

“Yeah, bye, thanks for coming to the show,” said Aria Blaze, who was trying her very hardest to sound appreciatory, “Send in the next group!”

The Rainbooms entered the room.

“We’ve got a question for you!” said Pinkie Pie, “A real big one!”

“YOU?!” said Aria Blaze, “What the heck are you people doing here?!”

“Well I guess that answers our question, Rarity,” said Applejack.

“Darling, you seem to be on your way to becoming one of the top popstars in the nation,” said Rarity, ignoring Applejack, “You couldn’t possibly think that we wouldn’t notice that happening to one of our most dangerous enemies at some point.”

“Yeah! And your songs are playing all over the Radio! It’s pretty much just you and Countess Coloratura on most stations right now!” said Pinkie Pie.

“COUNTESS COLORATURA!” screamed Aria Blaze “GRAH!”

“Uh, you alright?” said Rainbow Dash.

Aria Blaze pointed angrily at them, “Don’t mention that Countess chick to me EVER! I hate her SO much.”

“Why would ya hate Rara?” said Applejack, “She’s a sweetheart, she even got us these backstage passes to your concert.”

“Listen, blonde girl, I’m the next Person of Pop,” said Aria Blaze, getting uncomfortably close to Applejack, “Got it?”

“Yup?” said Applejack.

“Good,” said Aria Blaze as she backed away and glared at the Rainbooms, “this meet and greet is over.”

Aria Blaze walked away and out of the room.

“That didn’t go very well,” said Fluttershy.

“It definitely could’ve gone better,” said Sunset Shimmer.

Then Aria Blaze awkwardly walked back in.

“I forgot that you’re not the last group. Get out,” Aria Blaze turned to a staff member, “Send the next group in!”


Outside, the Rainbooms were at a bit of a loss.

“Oh whatever shall we do now?!” said Rarity while making an overly dramatic gesture.

“I’m… not sure we should really do anything,” said Sunset Shimmer.

“What?” said Rainbow Dash, “Do nothing?”

“She wasn’t really doing anything wrong,” said Sunset Shimmer, “maybe we should just live and let live.”

The group mulled things over.

“Ah guess there isn’t really anythin’ for us TO do,” said Applejack.

“Mmm-hmm,” said Fluttershy.

“Whelp, we might as well go home and prepare for school tomorrow,” said Pinkie Pie.

“Uh Pinkie, it’s Saturday,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Yup, and I’m going to take all Sunday to prepare for school on Monday!” said Pinkie Pie.

“... I’m not sure I want to know what you have in store for then,” said Sunset Shimmer.

“Heh heh,” said Pinkie Pie, “Oh, just what I usually do.”


Aria Blaze sat once more at her desk at her home.

“Countess Coloratura…” hissed Aria Blaze, fists clenched hard enough that her fingernails stabbed into her palms, “COUNTESS COLORATURA!!”

Author's Note:

This will not be a long story.