• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 446 Views, 8 Comments

I am Vinyl Scratch (Adapting to Night) - FanFiction4



The backstory of Vinyl Scratch! (a.k.a DJ Pon-3)

  • ...
 8
 446

Parts 16-24

My eyes went wide. How had I never guessed there was garlic in it? I gasped and rushed out the door.
Minutes later, I found myself back in the Everfree. This time, though, I smelled something very nearby. It smelled like pony. Before I knew it, I was rushing through the forest without thinking. And soon, I was at the Ponyville fountain. I saw a pony sitting there, looking as if she was waiting for somebody.
waiting for me to come, bite her senseless, a part of myself I didn't know I had said in my mind. no, I can't just go around biting ponies! I thought fiercely back at myself. think of what it would do to my reputation! And what the other ponies would think! But the part of myself that said that was gone. Suddenly and without warning, I felt myself jumping towards the pony in sight. And without thinking, the part of me that had spoken in my minded earlier now spoke to the pony now in my arms: "Fear the night!" and then I bent down and bit her. Less than a minute passed, and I could feel drips of blood running down my arm. At first I just stared into space blindly, but then I realized what I had done. I could barely stop myself from breaking down into sobs. What have you done, you fiend?!? I thought-yelled at myself. You bit a pony! But just then, I realized that somepony was coming around the corner. So I quickly dropped her and dashed back to the cover of the Everfree. Somehow, I knew all the ins and outs of the entire Everfree Forest. So I rushed to someplace where I could wash off. When I got to a brook, I finally just let loose and cried. But just then, I had a thought. wait, isn't Octavia looking for me? And as if on cue, I started to hear my name being called in the distance. This time, though, I heard more than just one voice. she must have called for Sweetie Drops and Lyra Heartstrings, I thought. I quickly clambered out of the brook and away from the voices. I rushed towards the clearing near the edge of the forest that was... now that I think about it, I don't recall knowing where it was. All I know is that it was somewhere near the edge of the Everfree. I could hear the voices getting louder and louder, until I could see Octavia, Lyra Heartstrings, and Sweetie Drops standing at the rim of the clearing. I turned around, trying to look for a path of escape, but a tall rock blocked my path. I stayed facing the rock, though.
"Vinyl, come back with us," Lyra said calmingly to me.
"No... go away," I said. "You have to get away." I kept repeating this to what they said. But I didn't catch what they were saying mostly, because the voice that had been speaking to me earlier was talking to me in my mind.
Yessss... go with them, and teach them to fear the night, it kept telling me. Eventually, the mental fight grew to be a full out battle for control of my body. I could feel the misty red swirls gathering up by my eyes. I completely lost it, and leapt at Octavia with all of my strength.

Author's Note:

Was that too morbid? If so, let me know. Okay? Okay. Sorry, and Thank you.

Comments ( 4 )
Comment posted by FanFiction4 deleted Jan 14th, 2017

Three out of ten. Good story premise, but executed badly.

Oh... I'll try to make the rest of the chapters better, then.

Thanks for the feedback!

Login or register to comment