• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 446 Views, 8 Comments

I am Vinyl Scratch (Adapting to Night) - FanFiction4



The backstory of Vinyl Scratch! (a.k.a DJ Pon-3)

  • ...
 8
 446

Parts 8-15

Vinyl was laying on the couch, eating a wonderful mushroom pizza. She finished off the slice She was eating, and grabbed another.
"Oh, pizza is wonderful. The perfect thirst quencher," She said to nobody in particular. Just then, She heard a knock on the door.
"Hey Vinyl, I'm home!" Octavia shouted through the door. Oh shoot. I'm busted, She thought. Octavia burst through the door. She knew her game was up. When Octavia opened her mouth, Vinyl knew what she was going to say.
"Why did you get pizza? I just came back from the market with stuff that I'm going to use to make dinner," She said. At that, Vinyl released her breath. That wasn't bad, not what she thought Octavia would say. She continued. "I'll just make dinner tomorrow, then." She yawned. "Boy am I tired. I'm going to get some rest," Octavia finished. Then she went upstairs to her room.

Yessss! I thought excitedly. That meant I could go, finally. Disregarding the bags of stuff that Octavia had carried in, I rushed out of the house and into the forest. I rushed about, still thirty for some reason, even after all the pizza I had. I brought a hoof to my eyes, and realized that there were red, misty swirls coming off of them. I gasped under my breath. I smelled something to my far right, and was about to follow it when I heard Octavia calling my name.
"Vinyl? Vinyl! There you are! I have been looking for you everywhere for you!" She said. Then she yawned. "It's almost midnight. Aren't you tired?" I knew I should be tired, but for some reason I wasn't. I didn't understand why. So I went back with Octavia to the house.
As I was trying to go to sleep, it hit me.
I got up, no longer tired (even though I was never tired to begin with) and headed down to the Golden Oak Library. I started pulling all the books I could find about vampires off the shelves, and pretty soon I had been buried in books. So, I read the night away.

By the time Vinyl Scratch got home, it was almost 10 o clock. In the morning. Octavia looked at her, angry. She scolded her, but then stomped out of the house. Which gave her the time she wanted to go back to the Everfree forest. But then she realized exactly how tired she was, spending countless hours in the library. So she went upstairs, and eventually fell asleep. In fact, she slept so long that by the time she got up, it was almost dinnertime. But unlike Octavia, she was wide awake.

I left for the library to get more books to read about vampires, and read them while Octavia made dinner, true to her word from last night.
She finished cooking right when I finished reading the books. So we sat down to eat. Turns out, Octavia made some noodles, with quite a few toppings, and even a couple of sauces. I ended up eating just about half of it, before I asked her what exactly was in it. She paused a moment, clearly thinking about the question. Then she replied.
"There should be... um, mushrooms, basil, tomato sauce, meat sauce, a few other spices..." I nodded, eagerly wanting to know.
"...and garlic."