• Published 27th Nov 2016
  • 8,193 Views, 298 Comments

The Colt of Fire and Lightning - ShagPony



Mason, a 10 year old boy who had a good life until his parents died in a car crash. Now living in a orphanage he wants a little more in life, and he gets it, in the form of a pegasus foal, with fire and lightning powers. Goody.

  • ...
14
 298
 8,193

Chapter 12: To Be A Mother

Author used time lapse by 2 months! It's not very effective!

….

Welp, I'm never doing this again.

__________________________________

It has been two months since Mason’s first day of school, lessons in elemental magic, and flight. In these two months Mason has gone to his new school with his friends and dealing with or ignoring Diamond Tiara if she's ever a bother, much to the annoyance of the rich filly. Mason has also gotten time in with Twilight to get more lessons and even learn more about the history of Equestria, much to the excitement of the egghead pony. Not only that but he has also got a few extra flight lessons here and there but has he progressed? No, not really, but he keeps on trying though.

During these two months, the young colt has also spent more time with the crusaders and has been in a lot of adventures with them, some being a little more troublesome than others. Mason has taken more time to know Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and even Rarity with an occasion of talking to Fluttershy when she's around.

The main pony he has gotten even closer to, is Pinkie Pie. They have done a lot of things together for the days they've been with each other -even though it's only been two months- and have formed a close bond with each other. And this particular bond is about to make itself known today. Not like it hasn't but you know what I mean.

And this particular bond might lead them both to a big decision.

__________________________________
(Pinkie’s Pov)

Pinkie was humming a bouncy tune to herself while baking some cupcakes. While she was baking some goodies, she had assigned Mason to frost some of them which is what the colt was doing now. While Pinkie was busy with the last batch she couldn't help but sigh happily.

She didn't know why, but she loved having Mason with her. Not like he already was but more like spending time with her. It made her so happy that the Cakes agreed to let him stay. It made her bounce off the walls! THE WALLS OF HER MIND!

*Ahem* Sorry about that.

Pinkie didn't even know what she would have done if he couldn't stay. Having the colt around made her have a new feeling for the little guy, a feeling to protect and watch over the colt and even be there to comfort and support him. Although she would do it anyway because he's her best friend but when she thought about it, she felt like he was more than a friend. Almost like he was something else. She didn't quite understand why she was getting this feeling but she decide that it's because of the very tight bond they made in their friendship.

Either that or the author is planning something.’ thought the pink party mare. Pinkie shrugged her shoulders and took out the fresh tray of cupcakes from the oven and sat them on the counter. Mason was about to start frosting them but was stopped by the party mare’s pink hoof.

“I think I'll take this batch Mason, you should probably head out to Twilight’s. I mean you already did like 5 trays worth of cupcakes.” Pinkie said with her bubbly voice.

“What! Why!? I still want to finish this last batch with you.” Mason whined to the mare.

Pinkie giggled. The colt really loved to bake with her. Heck she would dare say he liked baking more than her. Which was very unlikely because she's Pinkie Pie.

“Sorry buddy, but we both know that you promised Twilight you'd be at her place early to practice your elemental magic. Even though I don't want you to leave yet and I want to bake more things with you, you shouldn't break your promises to your friends.” Pinkie scolded to the little colt.

Mason sighed and sat down the frosting. “Alright, I guess it is important I don't break my promises.” Mason then got down off the stool he was on and walked towards the door that lead out of the kitchen, but not before giving Pinkie a quick hug.

“I'll see ya later tonight Pinkie.” Mason said.

“I'll see you later Masey, you be careful out there ok.” Pinkie said after the embrace ended.

“You know I'm always careful when I go through Ponyville Pinkie.” Mason groaned while walking to the door.

Pinkie laughed with a smile. “I know, just reminding ya so you don't forget.” Mason put his hoof against the door and looked to Pinkie with a small grin.

“I'll be sure to keep it mind, bye Mom.” Mason said while walking out the door. Pinkie stared blankly at the door for a while and soon had a small smile on her face.

“Heh-heh, he called me mom.” Pinkie then turned around and grabbed a few sprinkle shakers with her tail and picked up the frosting to decorate the batch of cupcakes, but suddenly stopped when realization hit her.

“He called me mom.”

All the items hit the floor as Pinkie put her hooves to her face and gasped loudly. “Oh sweet Celestia! Mason called me mom!” Pinkie then started rapidly prance in place while spinning in circles.

“Ohmygosh, ohmygosh, ohmygosh! What do I do? What do I do?” At this point, Pinke was on the ceiling of the kitchen while trying to think on how to deal with the situation. Before she could get to the other side of the ceiling, she stopped dead in her tracks.

Could it be that this is the feeling that she had for him? Perhaps it felt different because she saw him as a...son?

Maybe that's what I've always felt? I mean it's gotten quite noticeable when I think about it. Like when I tuck him in and kiss him to bed at night. Or like what I said to Dashie when she gave him a wild ride on her back before we ran to the train. Oh is this what you were planning author? I mean it's quite obvious, but is this the main part of your story. Oh boy I should probably talk to someone shouldn't I?’ Pinkie thought quickly to herself. As she thought more and more about it, certain doubts began to come to her.

“Oh this is quite the doozy. I should talk with somepony about this, but who do I go to?” Pinkie then plopped her flank onto the ceiling and tapped her head with a hoof. Soon an idea came to her mind but before she could say it out loud she fell back to the floor with a loud thump.

The party mare shook off the little fall and raised a hoof into the air. “I know! I'll go to Rarity, she could probably help me on how to approach this.”

Probably not the best idea.

“Be quiet author, for I shall progress this story!” Pinkie said to the heavens.

But I'm the one writing it!

“Then progress away!” She shouted.

Pinkie left the kitchen with great speed and zoomed to the front door. Before she reached the front door she stopped in midair and tapped a hoof to her chin. In the blink of an eye she zoomed back into the kitchen, decorated the cupcakes, and cleaned the kitchen in record time.

When she was done she zoomed back out to the front door and took out a stopwatch from her mane that read 0.07 seconds. Pinkie frowned.

“Aww, I was three milliseconds too long.” Pinkie smiled and then shrugged. “Oh well.”

She then put the stopwatch back in her mane and went at top speed towards Rarity’s. Pinkie passed by many buildings and ponies that were nothing but blurs. As a matter of fact, she went so fast she was about to pass Mason who was still walking towards Twilight’s castle. Not wanting the colt to figure out what she was doing, she quickly changed directions and cut through an alleyway.

When she came out she spotted Rarity’s boutique just ahead and put her speed in full force. She came to a screeching halt at the door and proceeded to calmly and gently knock on the door.

By repeatedly pounding on it like it was the apocalypse.

“RARITY! RARITY I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT SOMETHING!” Pinkie shouted quite loudly.

The door then swung open revealing an irritated tailor with pins and needles in her magic, measuring tape around her neck, and glasses on her muzzle.

“What on earth are you doing banging on my door like that Pinkie? I'm trying to finish these orders that need to be filled out!” Rarity said annoyed from the sudden and loud interruption from her friend.

Pinkie not really taking in consideration for what her friend said, took a deep breath and in one sentence spoke.

“So earlier today I was baking cupcakes with Mason and I said ‘hey Mason you need to go to Twilight’s to study your elemental magic’ and he was like ‘but I don't want to’ andthenItoldhimhowheshouldn'tbreakhispromisestohisfriendsandthenwehuggedandthenhestartedtoleaveSugarcubeCornerbutbeforehedidhecalledmemom!”

Rarity blinked to her friends rapid speaking and calmly replied. “Although I picked up most of that darling, I didn't catch what you said in the end.”

Pinkie took in a deep breath but before she could speak, a blue aura of magic closed her lips making her only mumble her sentence just as fast.

“Pinkie.” Pinkie stopped speaking and looked to the white mare. “I need you to slow down and tell me what happened that's got you acting like this, okay?”

Pinkie took in some smooth breaths through her nose and nodded. Rarity then cut her magic off from her friends mouth.

“Now tell me, what happened.” Rarity asked calmly.

Pinkie took in another breath and then replied. “Mason called me mom.”

It was at this moment that everything went silent. It was so silent that you could probably hear a bit drop on the ground. Which I think one just did. Ooh look there it goes.

“What?” asked a baffled Rarity.

“Mason called me mom.” Pinkie repeated.

Rarity stared at her friend for a while and then her eyes gleamed and a large smile formed on her face. The white pony then squealed in delight and grabbed Pinkie by her magic and rushed her into the boutique and plopped her down on a couch. Rarity quickly took off her glasses, measuring tape, and with the pins and needles, put them somewhere on a table and sat herself down on a chair across from her friend leaning towards her.

“Tell. Me. Everything.” Rarity said with her smile never faltering.

Pinkie blinked at Rarity but decided to tell her friend everything that had happened. Which she would have done anyway.

“Like I said before. Today me and Mason we're baking, well I was baking and he was decorating and after the last batch was done I stopped Mason and told him that he had to go to Twilight’s to learn another lesson with her. But he didn't want to leave because he wanted to be with me, but I told him that he shouldn't break his promises that he makes to his friends. So before he left we hugged and said our goodbyes and I told him to be careful when he leaves and he said, ‘he'd keep it in mind’, and before he left he said, ‘bye mom’.”

Rarity sat there with her still beaming smile and glimmering eyes as she took in every word Pinkie said. And I mean every word. When Pinkie had finished she squealed again. “Eeeee, this is so exciting darling. Mason is looking up to you now and not only as an idol but as a parent figure too! oh it's just so cute! It's so wonderful!”

Pinkie’s ears began to droop a little. “Yeah, wonderful.”

Rarity who was noticing her friends lack in excitement came over and sat next to Pinkie. “Is everything alright Pinkie, you don't seem so thrilled by this. Aren't you excited about Mason seeing you as a mother?”

Pinkie looked up to the posh pony and sighed. “I am very much excited about this Rarity, but I'm just worried that I'll take his appreciation from his real parents. Some part of me thinks that he'll probably forget about them.”

The couturiere pony was taken back by Pinkie’s answer and soothingly rubbed her back. “Pinkie I'm sure that's not what would happen to Mason. Sure he might see you as a new mom but that doesn't mean he's going to forget the first parent to tuck him in at night or the first parent who comforted him when he needed it the most.”

Pinkie took in her friend's words and nodded to them but still had her other doubts. “But what if he actually doesn't see me as such? What if he just sees me as a pony to look up to and called me mom by accident?”

Rarity shook her head and spoke. “Darling I might not have gotten to know Mason as much as you do but I'm absolutely sure he wouldn't think that. As far as I can see, the young colt thinks too highly of you to not think of you as such.”

The pink pony looked up to her friend with new found hope in her eyes. “You really think so?”

Rarity smiled and nodded. “I really do.”

Having gotten encouragement from the couturiere, Pinkie smiled and hugged her friend. “Thank you Rarity.”

The young fashion designer smiled as well and hugged back the party mare. “You are very welcome darling.”

Pinkie ended the embrace but then had a thought. ‘What should I do now?’

Wanting to share her thoughts, Pinkie looked to her friend with a questioning look. “What should I do now?”

Rarity looked to the side with a hoof to her chin with a thoughtful look. Then turned her gaze back to Pinkie. “What do you think you should do?”

Pinkie looked to the floor with a conflicted gaze. “I don't know. I feel like I should do something about this with Mason but I don't know if I'm ready to talk about it.”

Rarity looked to her friend with a slight frown. “Do you still feel doubtful about this?”

Pinkie didn't say anything as her ears fell. Saying not a word, the mare looked to Rarity with a sad frown and nodded.

Rarity’s frown deepened but changed to a determined look . “Well I don't know how else to encourage you Pinkie but I do suggest you go to Applejack if you still feel doubtful.”

Pinkie raised an eyebrow at her friend. “Why should I go to Applejack?”

Rarity put both hooves on Pinkie’s shoulders as she answered. “Because darling, Applejack’s family are the only ones -as far as I really know- who are extremely close to each other. So I do believe that if you were to get any form of encouragement from someone, it's Applejack.”

Staring at her friend for a moment, Pinkie thought what Rarity had told her. It was true for the Apple family to be extremely close, so it would only be logical for her to get some of the best encouragement from AJ.

“Alright Rarity, I'll head to AJ’s and ask her about it. Thanks for listening.” Pinkie said while giving a hug to her friend.

The posh pony smiled and hugged her back. “Oh it was nothing at all darling. I really hope you make a good decision about it.”

Ending the hug, Pinkie got off the couch and headed towards the door. “I will and thanks again Rarity.”

As soon as Pinkie Pie exited the boutique, she broke off at top speeds heading for Sweet Apple Acres at the speed of-

“Um author, could we actually just skip this speedy adventure and do a timelapse please?” Pinkie interrupted while she stopped running in midair.

But I need to give my readers more information in my stories so they feel satisfied. As it goes from my experience of reading books Pinkie, too much info and the reader becomes bored and skips a few paragraphs. Too little info, and the reader thinks the story is being rushed.

“Oh I'm sure you can give this chapter one little timelapse couldn't you.” Pinkie said with a big smile.

.....Fine, I guess I can do with one timelapse.

__________________________________
(At Twilight’s Castle)

Mason hummed a cheery tune as he walked through Twilight’s castle. Although he could get lost in the giant crystal tree thingy, he had memorized quite well how to get to the library.

Taking the last turn, Mason thought about him and Pinkie. They had grown very close together over the past two months. It was almost like they were family. Mason laughed.

It might as well have been that since he called her mom.

Mason chuckled a little at that as he began to slow down. His laughter went silent as he stopped in his tracks with a blank expression.

He called her mom.

Should he feel something about this? Just thinking about it makes it feel like he meant it. Like it was supposed to be something more than a tight bond between friends.

The colt brought a hoof to his chin in thought. Did he actually mean that? More importantly did he want that?

Mason shrugged to himself and continued his way to the place of knowledge.

“I'll ask Pinkie about it when I get back.”

__________________________________
(Sweet Apple Acres)

Pinkie stared blankly at Applejack who bucked a tree, causing many apples to fall from its branches and into the buckets below it. When the last apple fell, Applejack turned to the energetic party mare.

“Personally, ah think you should go along with it.”

Pinkie blinked. “What?”

Applejack raised an eyebrow at Pinkie. “About you and Mason, ah think you should go along with it. Ya know, on the whole ‘parent thing’ that we jus' talked about.”

Pinkie blinked again. “We talked about that?”

Now Applejack looked nothing but confused at her friend. “Uh, yeeeaaah. We jus’ talked about it a few minutes ago.”

Pinkie brought a hoof to her chin to think back to the few minutes that she missed. After some thought on it, realization hit her in the face.

“Oh thaaaat, yeah I must have not been here for that because of the time lapse that just happened.” Pinkie said with a smile.

Now it was Applejack’s turn to blink. "Say what?”

“You know, the time lapse that the author used just a few minutes ago for the story.” Pinkie said as she waved a hoof around.

If Applejack thought she was confused then, well now the word confused was an understatement.

“Ya know what,” Applejack said while rubbing a hoof to her head, “Ah’m just gonna roll with it, or have Celestia help me an' mah headache. So you know what we talked about.”

“Yup!” Pinkie said enthusiastically.

Applejack nodded as she picked one of the buckets and put it on her back. “Well as ah said before, ah think you should go along wit it.”

Pinkie Pie, now knowing what the farm mare was talking about, gave a look of doubt. “While I appreciate your opinion Applejack, I still don't know if I should go along with it. I mean, what if Mason says no?”

Applejack sighed at her friend’s doubt as she walked to the cart filled to the brim with buckets of apples. “Pinkie, for the way you an' Mason are together, I would be more than surprahsed if he said no.”

While Pinkie could see that as a good point, for some reason she still felt doubt about it. She didn't know why she didn't just go with it. Was it because Mason is from a different place entirely or the fact that she was scared of him rejecting an adoption?

Pinkie was brought from her thoughts when AJ sighed heavily and looked back at her with a critical stare. “Let me ask ya something’ Pinkie. Does Mason like being with you?”

Pinkie didn't have to think about that questions. “Well yeah but-”

“Do you enjoy spending your time with the young colt?”

Pinkie nodded again and was about to say something but the farm pony beat her to it.

“Would you be there for him if he ever needed some comfort?”

Again Pinkie nodded while her friend continued.

“Do you, at any point when yer with him, feel like he is more than jus’ yer friend? Ah mean, in a parent to child kind of way.”

Pinkie had just discovered what that was today so she nodded.

“And do you think that Mason -for the way that he is around you- would decline calling you Ma?”

Pinkie thought about that one. He was a really nice colt and anytime they were doing something together -especially when it's baking- he's always excited to do it with her so in response, Pinkie nodded.

Applejack looked to her friend with softer look. “Then why in Equestria, do ya think he would say no?”

To be honest, the party mare didn't have an answer for that. She didn't know why she had these doubts. It could really be because some part of her is scared to find out the answer from her. When she didn't answer, AJ spoke up.

“Because I can tell ya right now sugarcube. He ain't gonna say no. You an’ that colt are closer than two peas in a pod.”

Pinkie didn't know what to say but she definitely felt more encouraged to give it a try. Mason was a real sweetheart and she felt real close to him as he probably did to her.

“You're right AJ,” Pinkie said with determination, “I should just ignore my doubts and ask Mason if he wants to be adopted!”

Now liking her friends determination in full swing, Applejack reared and kicked her front legs out in excitement. “Hoowee! That's what I like ta hear Pinkie! Now how ‘bout you go an’ get those adoption papers, head back to Sugarcube Corner to meet Mason, and ask ‘im if he wants to be adopted!”

Now with even more determination Pinkie quickly hugged her friend and headed towards the front gate. But before she left, she quickly turned around and shouted back to AJ.

“WHILE I GET THE PAPERS CAN YOU GET THE GIRLS AT SUGARCUBE CORNER?!”

Pinkie didn't have to wait long as she soon heard a response from the farm pony.

“SURE THANG PINKIE! I’LL HAVE ‘EM ROUNDED UP IN NO TIME!”

Pinkie nodded to herself and headed to get the adoption papers.

__________________________________
(Twilight’s Pov)

“So it's important that if you ever do this Mason, that you don't do it near water. Because if somepony ends up in it, you could really hurt them.”

It was at this point in time that our lovely lavender princess was teaching Mason some more magic. A little while ago he came into the library and like always, Twilight had gotten down to business with teaching him some history, hoofwriting, and then teaching him more on his elemental magic.

Right now our Princess of Friendship was teaching and showing him the hazards of using his lightning near ponies. Although he hasn't officially unlocked his magic, he can still do harm with his tiny lightning bolts.

Twilight looked back to see how her little student was doing, but frowned when it was obvious he wasn't quite paying attention.

“Mason?”

Still no response, the purple pony came up to his side of and could clearly see something was bothering him.

“Mason?”

Seeing him jump slightly made her giggle a little bit as the little colt looked at her with a questioning gaze.

“Yes?”

Twilight pulled up a chair and sat in it right next to the colt and asked in a worried voice. “Are you feeling okay? You've been like this ever since we started our sessions today.”

Twilight got a little more worried as she saw the young colt shake his head rapidly. “Oh yeah it's fine really. Just something that happened early today when I was with Pinkie.”

“Do you want to talk about it?” She pressed further.

Mason shook his head. “No, I'll just ask Pinkie about it later today.”

Twilight was about to ask something else until she was interrupted from a knock on her door. Her wings twitched in agitation.

“Oh now who could that be.” She said, a little upset with someone interrupting her. Twilight teleported to the door and opened it to see Spike and Rainbow Dash -whose wings wouldn't stand still- standing there with very large smiles on their faces. Which actually confused the mare.

“Um, can I help you two with something?”

Taking a look over her shoulder, Rainbow Dash came closer to Twilight in a hushed tone. “Yes, we need your help with something big.”

This only raised Twilight’s confusion even more. “How so?”

Rainbow Dash who looked like she just got asked to marry a wonderbolt, quickly said. “Pinkie Pie is going to adopt Mason.”

It took a moment for that to register. Registered. Twilight smiled very brightly. She smiled so brightly you could've sworn you saw the sun in it.

“Ohmygosh! That's such exciting news! When is she going to do it?” She said in a hushed tone.

Rainbow looked over Twilight’s shoulder again and then back to her. “Today at Sugarcube Corner. The girls are gonna be there so we just need you to bring him.”

Nodded with excitement, Twilight answered back. “Alright I'll bring him over.”

Both Spike and Rainbow Dash nodded to their friend and took off down the hallway. Twilight closed the door and headed towards Mason -who was still staring off into space- with a plan already forming in her head.

“Ok Mason I think we've done enough for today. I actually have to run some errands.” The Twilight said, preparing to put her plan in motion.

Mason looked to Twilight for a second and then nodded while climbing off of the chair he was on. “Alright, I'm gonna head to Sugarcube Corner to talk with Pinkie.”

“Oh,” said Twilight with fake realization, “do you mind if I walk with you? I need to pick up some cupcakes from Sugarcube Corner.”

Mason shook his head as Twilight began to walk with him. “No I don't mind. As a matter of fact, me and Pinkie just finished a batch of them today.”

Twilight smiled to the colt as she opened the door to the library. “Well then, I'll be sure to buy an extra dozen of them.”

__________________________________
(Pinkie’s Pov)

“So what can I help you with today Miss Pie?”

Pinkie Pie had just arrived to the orphanage from Sugarcube Corner. After telling Mrs. Cake about what she was going to do, she immediately gave Pinkie what she needed and almost pushed her out the door with haste while she set up things for the big event.

That is if Mason said yes.

Pinkie shook her head. ‘You've already been over this Pinkie. It's unlikely that Mason is going to say no.’

Pinkie then looked over to the mare in front of her and cleared her throat. “I would like to make an adoption please.”

The purple mare at the desk seemed to gleam with joy as ears perked up. “Oh well isn't that exciting! And who will be the lucky colt or filly today.”

Pinkie Pie closed her eyes and took a few breaths to calm herself. When she felt calm enough she opened her eyes and put on her best confident smile. “I would like to adopt a colt named Mason.”

__________________________________
(Mason’s Pov)

We had finally arrived at Sugarcube Corner. For most of the walk Twilight had been quiet and seemed rather excited about something which was quite odd but I thought nothing of it. The only thing that I have been thinking is when I called Pinkie mom.

Ugh. It makes my head hurt just thinking so hard on it. What do I say to her? Does she maybe feel the same way? Do I even see her that way?.’ I thought.

I shook my head to clear the doubts. ‘I’ll talk to Pinkie about it first because if I don't, it's going to bother me all day and possibly for a long time until I tell somepony.’

I walked up to the door of the sweet shop with Twilight close behind and opened the door. When I opened it my eyes widened at what was before me. The inside of the shop was decorated for a party no doubt. And there were a lot of ponies for this one.

I saw my teacher, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, AJ, Rarity, Spike, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and some of my friends from school. Even Dinky and her mother Ditzy were here. And they had very large smiles on their faces. Maybe there's someone new in town?

But if that were the case then where’s Pinkie?

“Uhm, hey guys. What's with all the decorations and stuff? Is there someone new in town?”

When I asked that Rainbow Dash floated in the air towards me. “You could say that. But it's not only for somepony, it's for a very special pony.”

“It is?” I asked, “then who is this special pony?”

Dash looked past me and out one of the windows and smiled. “I think I'll let Pinkie Pie tell you that.”

Raising an eyebrow, I turned to the door just in time to see Pinkie Pie walk through it and freeze for a second as she looked at all the ponies around. She then smiled and it only got brighter and if not nervous when she looked at me.

“Mason!” Pinkie shouted happily as she gave me a large hug, “you're just the pony I wanted to see.”

I looked to the pink pony confused. “I am?”

She nodded as she came in front of me while the others including Twilight stood behind her.

“Mason do you know what this little party is for?” Pinkie asked me while rubbing her hooves together nervously.

I looked around as I slowly shook my head and looked to the mare urging her on to finish speaking.

“Well it's for you.” She finished by pointing a hoof at me.

I raised an eyebrow and tilted my head. “It is? Why is it for me?”

“Well,” Pinkie started as she looked to her friends who nodded her on and turned back to me while pulling a piece of paper out of her mane, “it's because I wanted to ask you a very important question.”

Still titling my head I came closer to Pinkie and looked to the paper wondering what it was for as she began to unfold it.

“We've gotten to know each other very well and I feel very close to you Mason. Almost to the point where I think of you as more than a friend. So I wanted to ask.”

As Pinkie spoke she showed the paper in front of me and as I read it my eyes widen with tears threatening to spill out as I looked back to her.

“Would you like to be adopted by me?”

It was silent. Nothing happened. Pinkie kept the paper held out in front of me as I kept reading it over and over again. I looked to her as she looked to me with hope.

“So, if I say yes...does that mean I can call you mom?”

Pinkie gasped silently and slowly smiled as tears began to come to her eyes.

“Yes.”

I stared at her and as quick as my legs would let me embraced Pinkie as she did the same and said the one word that would change my life in this world forever.

“Yes, I would love to be adopted by you.”

When I said that all the ponies present awed and clapped with congrats as me and Pinkie embraced tightly. All of it got better as Rainbow Dash began to get everypony’s attention.

“Well what are we sitting around for? Let's celebrate!”

**********

I slid in Pinkie's bed exhausted from the party that just transpired as she finished up her bedtime routine. To be honest, I felt great. Like I could take on any problem that comes my way.

As I continued to swim in my thoughts while fighting to keep my eyes open, Pinkie came into the room and closed the door behind her. She then made sure that her pet alligator Gummy was all nice and cozy in his little bed. When she was sure he was settled she came over and hopped in her bed next to me.

“Did you have fun Mason?” She asked as she began to tuck me in.

Feeling all warm from being tucked in again, I smiled as I looked to Pinkie. “Yeah,” I answered as I yawned, “I had a blast.”

Pinkie smiled back to me. “Well I'm glad you did. And even though I like to stay up a little longer after the party, we should really get to bed. Especially you mister.”

I nodded in agreement as I yawned again and snuggled in the covers of Pinkie’s bed. Pinkie herself covered up and snuggled in them as well. When she was done I decided to get closer to her and snuggled against her which she didn't mind. When I was comfortable I yawned and felt my eyes close.

“Goodnight...mom.”

Pinkie smiled to me as she kissed my forehead and laid her head down to sleep.

“Goodnight...my little colt.”