• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 452 Views, 3 Comments

The B-Side - KnuxChangeling



What if Queen Chrysalis had a daughter?

  • ...
 3
 452

A New Era

Aqua awoke to a light shining directly on her. It was moving for some reason. There were.......voices. She couldn't make out the words just yet but the voices sounded surprised and grateful. Aqua let out a small groan turning her head from the light. The voices slowly became clearer and she could make out the words.

"She's awake!"

"Someone call the princesses!"

"Keep an eye on her!"

The light dimmed as a hoof reached to turn it away. Aqua looked to the side where doctors were looking over at her with clipboards with them documenting what was going on right now.

"How long was I out", Aqua asked weakly.

One of the doctors, a unicorn with a brown mane and a purple coat, walked up and responded.

"Two days your highness."

Aqua looked back up at the ceiling and sighed.

"What of my mother?"

"She's gone ma'm. Dead."

At this, Aqua's eyes widened. She......she had done that. She had killed her mother. She had no choice but to do it. She was going to be killed. Tears started to flow from her eyes and she started to mumble sorry multiple times before she took a deep breath a few minutes later calming herself down. She turned back to the doctors.

"Ok, I want to leave", Aqua said.

"You shouldn't", said a doctor, "You still have to rest. You have a sprained wing and your chest was almost caved in. No broken bones but you were very close to that."

Aqua looked down at her chest, which was bandaged, and sighed. She just wanted to go and help the Changelings that wanted to stay and follow her. So, she got up anyway and walked toward the door. The doctors that tried to stop her were levitated out the way. When she left the hospital, she was greeted by the Princesses. She nodded to them.

"Oh thank the stars thou is alright", Luna said with tears in her eyes.

"We were just about to check on you", Celestia said, "but it seems like you have things under control."

"Where are the Changelings", Aqua asked.

"They're contained for now", Celestia said, "They are not in the dungeons but contained in houses that haven't been in use for years. I assure you that the living arrangements are healthy."

Aqua only nodded and headed in the direction of the abandoned houses.

Aqua arrived at the houses within a few minutes and beheld all of the Changelings there. Some were in a state of shock and others with no emotion at all. They had no leader and it was a shock that Queen Chrysalis was taken away from them so quickly. Aqua cleared her throat and called for the Changeling's attention.

"Changelings", she started, "My mother is gone. I shall take up the mantel of Queen from now on. You can either follow me now or find another hive to go to."

Many of the Changelings looked at each other and chatter started to arise. A few minutes later, one voice called out.

"I shall stay by your side."

The changeling that stepped out has similar color eyes to her own and his wings were shinier than the others.

"Thorax", Aqua exclaimed in joy rushing to hug her friend.

"I've missed you my friend", Thorax said hugging Aqua back gently.

Other Changelings soon called out saying they would follow her until the end of their days. Aqua smiled as the Changelings gathered around their new Queen and carried her back to the castle. The Princesses were awaiting her as the Changelings carefully deposited their new Queen before them.

"Aqua, I am so proud of you", Celestia said.

Aqua only nodded barely containing her tears. Luna and Celestia embraced the Queen.

"What will you do now", Luna asked.

"Maybe build a hive nearby", Aqua said, "We can live in peace and explore and just be ourselves. That's all I want."

"You will be the perfect leader", Celestia said.

Aqua nodded then turned back to her Changelings. They all looked at her expectantly, waiting for her orders. Aqua took off into the sky and the horde of Changelings followed after her. Aqua was going to make a new era, one where Changeling are free. Free to explore, free to express their feelings. She looked next to her where Thorax now flew and smiled at him. It was going to take some time, but things will change in her hive, she just knows it. She will do that much in her mother's memory and do what her mother couldn't, wouldn't do: Ask for outside help. She will be the leader her subjects deserved. She will be Queen Aqua.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment