• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 1,347 Views, 38 Comments

Potential - Crisslunarflame



So, long story short, Celestia is evil and the mane 6/Cadance combine magix, and see what happens... It'll get interesting, I assure you!

  • ...
5
 38
 1,347

Tension

Tension...


Once a tree has grown and matured, the time has come for it to fight for it's survival. It will grow among several other trees, and together, they will compete for light, air, and sufficient nutrients. Before the final battle, the air becomes tense with apprehension, and nature prepares itself.

~LM~

Twilight grimaced as she charged in the direction of the library, doing the best she could to shield her eyes from the hot glare of the sun. In her frustration, she used her magic to rip some shingles off of a roof, and furtively tried to levitate them across her face as she ran. "Elements... I need... to get... the elements..." she gasped, to nopony in particular. "Need... to stop... Daymare Sol..." After a few seconds of fumbling in the blind, insane chaos that was the body of writing ponies, Twilight had an epiphany.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! She thought, dropping the shingles and charging up her horn. Sweet Luna, why aren't I just teleporting myself out of this mess?!



With her face scrunched up in concentration, a purple aura surrounded the mare for a few brief seconds, before she disappeared with a flash.

~LM~

Twilight Sparkle was in the library immediately. Upon her arrival, she began to quickly deshelve all of the books, looking for one that would tell her about the Elements of Harmony. "Elements... Elements," her voice increased an octave as she muttered in panic, "Where are you... I nee-eed you..." Her ear gave a nervous twitch, as she realized that dumping the books on the floor was probably not the best idea. She stared into the sea of books, before sighing, beggining to lift them up, one by one, to reshelve them.

After a few minutes of this activity, the repetitiveness seemed to calm her nerves and she relaxed a little.

Suddenly, the front door banged open, and a long, lithe shadow appeared in the doorway.

~LM~

Twilight snapped up from her line of levitating books, and her pupils dilated as she glared in the direction or the disturbance."What?! Who is it? Can't you see that I'm busy?" She squinted in the direction of the shadow, unable to make out any features against the light pouring in from outside.


Spike let the door swing shut quietly. "Twilight! Where'd you go?" the little dragon sounded hurt. "I...I was worried about you... I didn't see you after... after she showed up." He was trembling. "I... I was looking for you... why .... why did you leave me?" He whispered, his eyes beginning to brim with tears.


Immediately, the lavender unicorn dropped her line of magically enchanted tomes, and ran up the the baby dragon. Putting her armss around him, she embraced him and held him tight. "Oh, Spikey, I'm soso sorry! I... I didn't know it was you coming in, and I was wrapped up i my work, and I'm soso sorry I snapped at you... " She trailed off.


"B-but... that's not what I asked, Twilight... I asked why-why you left me there, in all that... that chaos!" He struggled against her, "Why'd you leave me? Y-you... you abandoned me..." He broke away and stood at a distance, staring her in the face.

~LM~

My eyes begin to fill up with tears, but I don’t try to hide it. Why did she leave me? I know it shouldn't be a big deal... but, I... I just can’t take it. I wouldn’t be able to live if she left me, and she did. She left me and... Oh, I just can’t go through that again. I study the purple unicorn that I have broken away from. She sits there, a... a funny expression on her face, and I search her face, seeing the immense pain that she has in her eyes.

~LM~

I drop my gaze. I know that I have wronged Spike, and in doing so, let down my son. Sweet Luna, I’m so stupid... I know he has abandonment issues... oh, and I left a poor, defenseless baby dragon in the middle of an insane stampeding herd of hyperactive ponies being pursued by the evil sun lord... How can he not be scarred for life? Oh Spike... I love you, so, so much... I've done the best I can for you, I've cared for you since you were hatched, I've played with you, and I was there for you when you learned about your parents...




I helped you.


I comforted you.



I got you through it.



And this... this is why I need to be there for you now.




You don;t owe me anything, Spike. I am your mother... I owe you.

I look back up at him, and he’s staring at me, too. There must be something to show him how much I care for him, because I know that he yearns for that... He just is so small, so defenseless... And I know how defenseless he feels.

All the books in the world won't give me the words I need to make this all right.

~LM~

The two looked at each other for a few moments, staring at each other as if they were reading answers written in their eyes.


Twilight sighed. "I'm sorry Spike... It was wrong of me to leave you there... I know how you feel about... about that... B-but Spike... I-I... I don't know what to say... I...I guess I got wrapped up in the moment... the chaos... It just got to me. I was so focused... so focused in my responsibilities... that it got in the way of my real responsibility, you..." he looked up at that. "...And, in the end, I wouldn't trade you for the entire world... I love you, Spike."


The baby dragon paused for a moment to think over what she had said, and then ran over to Twilight, tears streaming from his eyes. There, he hugged his mother tightly, and she him, for they both knew that even after the hug was over, they would never let go.

~LM~

In our relationship, we’ll never need words to talk with each other... we do that fine already. From mother to son.

~LM~

With her face scrunched up in concentration, a purple aura surrounded the mare for a few brief seconds, before she disappeared with a flash.



After watching the whole scene from the Town Hall's overhang, a single pony stepped out, only to quickly retract from the harsh light. Not to be discouraged, she proceeded to mutter to herself, "Well, well, well... It looks like somepony knows a little more then she wants to let on... hmmm..." As she trailed off, her shielded gaze rested on a small reptilian creature that was frantically flailing in the mob of confusion, shouting for his master.

Rainbow Dash's lips curled up in a cruel smile...

~LM~

Author's Note:

Dun Dun DUHHNNN.

Well, this was originally meant to be longer, and Spikes scene shorter, but I really wanted it to be emotional for them... And I hope I didn't mess that up.

Then I added a cliffhangar.

Hopefully not so a wait for the next one, I already have it all planned out, and plan to work on it over xmas. So yeah, hope y'all enjoyed!



~Lulamoonsparkle

PS

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE comment! I love ALL forms of feedback, and really want to know what you thought! If you give me a thumbs-down, I won't gripe about it, because I really wanna know what you guys think. I'm very easily approachable, and won't yell at you. I'll take any suggestions or things into consideration.

Comments ( 5 )

Not a huge fan on Luna and Celestia being switched, for it messes up both of their personalities. But I guess I could give it a try.

seems good, looking forward to where this is going

1819679
Thanx! Hope you like! :pinkiehappy:

1819275
Well, I'm gonna try to make this one different... I've read some switched fics, and I haven't seen my idea... Be assured, it'll be different :raritywink:

1996362
Thanx! I'm glad you like!!! :twilightsmile:

1996322

That Alicorn on the cover picture is Twilight actually. This is one of her pictures on deviant art, i should know because me and LulamoonSparkle are good friends on deviant art.

Login or register to comment