• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 1,347 Views, 38 Comments

Potential - Crisslunarflame



So, long story short, Celestia is evil and the mane 6/Cadance combine magix, and see what happens... It'll get interesting, I assure you!

  • ...
5
 38
 1,347

Apprentice

Apprentice...



Once the sprout has begun to grow tall and proud, it is imperative that it be fed and Nourished so that it can reach its full potential. To do this, it's caretaker must be sure to take care of it correctly...









...






Soon, Princess Cadance was of the age to begin her Magical Education. Opting not to send her to a public school, Luna chose for Cadance to attend Luna's Academy for Gifted Unicorns. Cadance, as all Alicorns, had a naturally strong magical impulse, and it would be at this prestigious school that she would learn to channel her magic and what she would be best doing.

In addition to this fine education, Luna to the special responsibility of taking the young Princess under her wing, to be her first ever Personal Protege. It was under Luna's influence that Cadance found out what her special talent was.

Her special talent was Love.


...



After a few years of this mentor-ship and schooling process, Princess Luna gained yet another Protege: Twilight Sparkle. The teenaged Cadance was immediately drawn to the terrified young filly, and soon became her unofficial guardian at the palace. Together the two trained to focus and control their magic under Luna, until, finally, Cadance graduated.

Cadance never stopped being Luna's protege, that's for sure. But she did graduate at the top of her class from the Academy, and used many of her learned skills for her later occupations.

After more years of intense study with Luna, the Princess of the Night sent Cadance on a mission. Cadance was to travel all of the regions in Equestria, to work alongside the farmers and the weather captains, and to learn about how their country worked. She was to study the History of each region, and take from each one an important new experience or life lesson. These lessons would be written to Luna in a letter every time that she learned something new.

By this time, Twilight Sparkle had become a young Adult, and was an aspiring protege. With her near-obsessive studying habits, Twilight had mastered nearly as much magic as Cadance, but still did not feel ready to face the world. Luna was going to fix that, though...








.....










"I know I've heard of the Elements of Harmony. " Said the lavender Unicorn to herself as she made her way into her personal palace chambers. "Spike! Spi-ike! Spike? " She shouted, calling for her baby dragon. Spotting him shelving some books across the room, she continued, "Ah. There you are. Quick, find me that old copy of Predictions and Prophecies. What's that for?" She indicated a rather smooshed looking present that had, apparently, been caught in her whirlwind of magically enchanted books.

"...Well, it was a gift for Moondancer, but... " Spike trailed off, gazing at Twilight, and then the present in deep concern.

Rolling her eyes, Twilight scoffed, "Oh Spike, you know we don't have time for that sort of thing. "

"But we're on a break! Remember?" Spike protested feebly, knowing that his argument would not dissuade the ambitious unicorn.

Meanwhile, Twilight was paying absolutely no attention to her assistant as she telakinetically grabbed books off their shelves at random.

"No, no, no... no, no, NO! uhn...Spike!"

"It's over here!" The purple dragon waved the book excitedly, only to be jerked unceremoniously towards Twilight along with the book he was clutching. "Ow..."

"Ah! Elements, Elements, E, E, E... AHA!" Twilight exclaimed triumphantly,"Elements of Harmony, see: Mare in the Sun?" She questioned,

Spike was also confused. "Mare in the Sun? But that's just an old ponies' tale. Isn't it?"

Undisturbed, Twilight again flipped through a book. "Mare, mare... aha! The Mare in the Sun, myth from olden pony times. A powerful pony who wanted to rule Equestria, defeated by the Elements of Harmony and imprisoned in the sun. Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the moon will complete it's millennial Solar Eclipse, and that the energy will aid in her escape! She will bring about Day eternal! " Twilight gasped in shock, "Spike! Do you know what this means?"

"Spike scratched his tummy. "No."

Twilight telakinetically flung some parchment and a quill at him, earning a dragon grunt.

"Spike, Take a note please, to the Princess."

"Okie dokie."

Twilight cleared her throat officially, " Ahem! My dearest teacher, my continuing studies of pony magic have led me to discover that we are on the precipice of disaster!" She paused

Spike fumbled with the quill, "Hold on. Preci... preci..."

"Threshold."

" Threh... "

"Uh, brink?" Finding her assistants apparent lack of spelling skills a major hindrance, Twilight lost her patience and gushed, "Ugh, that something really bad is about to happen! For, you see, the mythical Mare in the Sun is in fact Daymare Sol, and she's about to return to Equestria, and bring with her eternal day! Something must be done to make sure this terrible prophecy does not come true. I await your quick response." She paused. "Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle." She turned to Spike, "Got it?"

"Got it!"

She eagerly grinned, "Great! Send it."

"...Now?"

"Of course!"

Scratching his head, Spike replied, "Uh, I dunno, Twilight, Princess Luna'sa little busy getting ready for the Summer Moon Celebration. And it's, like, the day after tomorrow." He finished on a rather weak note.

In exasperation, Twilight chided him. "That's just it, Spike. The night after tomorrow is the thousandth year of the Summer Moon Celebration! It's imperative that the Princess is told right away!"

"Impera... impera..."

"Important!"

Taking in a deep breath, Spike held the scroll out before him. He then released his breath in a small puff of green fire, making the letter to the Princess dissapear. "There, it's on its way. But I wouldn't hold your breath..."

Twilight reassured Spike, "Oh, I'm not worried, Spike. The Princess trusts me completely. In all the years she's been my mentor she's never once doubted me."

Spike burped.

Twilight stated triumphantly, "See? I knew she would want to take immediate action."

Spike cleared his throat, "Ahem. My dearest, most faithful student Twilight. You know that I value your diligence and that I trust you completely." She smirked."...but you simply must stop reading those dusty old books!" Twilight gasped,"My dear Twilight, there is more to a young pony's life than studying, so I'm sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Moon Celebration in this year's location: Ponyville. And I have an even more essential task for you to complete: make some friends!"

Twilight sighed as they flew in their Canterlot chariot to get to Ponyville. Did the Princess think she was a failure? As they circled over Ponyville, Twilight grimaced at her mentors suggestion Make some friends... What kind of Magical Protege gets that as their assignment? Meh.

As she stared out over the rural town, sighing to herself again. She had no idea what was in store for her... Or how her life would change over this one assignment...






...







"Look on the bright side, Twilight. The Princess arranged for you to stay in a library. Doesn't that make you happy?" Spike spoke as they exited the chariot and Twilight thanked the two Pegasus guards.

Sighing, she responded, "Yes, yes it does. You know why? Because I'm right! I'll check on the preparations as fast as I can, then get to the library to find some proof of Daymare Sol's return." She ended on a rather hasty note.

"Then... when will you make friends, like the Princess said?" Spike stared at her, concerned.

Twilight snapped, She said to check on preparations. I am her student, and I'll do my royal duty, but the fate of Equestria does not rest on me making friends."








...






Later that day, Twilight sat in her bedroom, staring into the day sky. She was fed up with the crazy ponies, and was not appreciative for the party that "Pinkie Pie" had thrown for her.

"Ugh, here I thought I'd have time to learn about the Elements of Harmony but, silly me, all this ridiculous friend-making has kept me from it!" She stared into the evil-looking sun, and spotted the moon rising even closer to the sun, which seemed to twinkle evilly. "Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the moon will cover the sun completely, and provide the energy needed for her escape, and she will bring about everlasting day." She dropped her gaze downheartedly. "I hope the Princess was right... I hope it really is just an old ponytale... "

Breaking her away from her thoughts, Spike called, "C'mon, Twilight, it's time to watch the Luna raise the eclipse! Then she'll bring about the Summer Moon celebratory Night!"



...


As the ponies bustled around the Town Hall, the pink party mare exclaimed, "Isn't this exciting? Are you excited, 'cause I'm excited, I've never been so excited- well, except for the time that I saw you walking into town and I went *HHHuuuunnnnn* but I mean really, who can top that?"

The weather was perfect, the food tasted superb. That Applejack really is a good, honest, hard worker! I'm glad she was chosen. And I guess that Rainbow stayed loyal to her promise to clear the skies.

Looking at the decor and hearing the wonderful music from the bird choir, Twilight thought, And Rarity was so generous to donate her time and energy into those decorations! It must have been a lot of work. And Fluttershy is so kind with her birds... I'm glad she was able to get them to sing after all!

Then, the mayor cleared her throat, "Ahem. Fillies and gentlecolts, as mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Moon Celebration!"

The chorus of birds sung as the ponies all cheered and clopped their hooves.

The mayor continued, "In just a few moments, our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest night of the year! And for a special treat, this s the year of the Moon's millennial Solar Eclipse! Before the day ends, the moon will submerge the sun completely! And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the sun and the moon each and every night, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria... "

The ponies silenced each other in awe, ready to welcome the beloved Princess Luna.

"...Princess Luna!"

Rarity drew back the overhanging curtain with flourish, to reveal... nothing. "...Huh?"

Seeing that their Princess did not wait behind the curtain, the ponies started whispering to each other and expressing their concern.

"This can't be good." Said Twilight Sparkle to herself.

The mayor came back on to the stage to calm the anxious ponies down. "Remain calm, everypony, there must be a reasonable explanation!"

Rarity emerged from the room behind the overhang, and exclaimed, "She's gone!" Everypony gasped.

Suddenly, there was a giant glittering silver and gold cloud that appeared, with lightning and flashing energy. This cloud hovered over the stage, and then from it, there emerged a blinding white Alicorn with a glittering silver and gold mane. Clad in a type of reflexive armor, the eyes were naught but endless black pits while her Cutie Mark was obscured in the battle armor. Her appearance caused Rarity to faint.

Twilight gasped, "Oh no... Daymare Sol!"


The battle ready Alicorn spoke, with a loud, rasping voice, "Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious, little night-loving faces."

Rainbow Dash flew up to her and scoffed in her face, "What did you do with our Princess?!"

Applejack lassoed Rainbow down and kept her down by keeping her tail locked firmly in her mouth. She muffled, "Whoa there, Nelly..."

The Daymare continued, "Why, am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?" She carefully overlooked every face in the Town Hall, staring into their very souls. "Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?"

Taking a brave step forward, Twilight Sparkle took a deep breath. "I did. And I know who you are. You're the Mare in the Sun – Daymare Sol!"

Looking at Twilight with-perhaps some respect? Inquisitiveness? The tyrant responded, "Well well well, somepony who

remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here."


Twilight gulped, "Y-you're here to... to... " She trailed off.



Daymare Sol chuckled at her weakness. She proclaimed, "Remember this night, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the day will last forever!"


With that, the Alicorn flew into the sky, and with her magic, ripped the moon away from the covered sun forcefully. Gasping at the enhanced, blinding light, the ponies shrieked and ran for cover. Seeing this chaos, Daymare Sol continued to brighten the rays of the sun, until they were much brighter than they had ever been With this, she laughed, and flew away into the Everfree.







....












Author's Note: Well, I hope you aren't upset that I sort of skipped the meeting Elements part, but I want to try to get to the climax as soon as possible! So... yeah. Questions, comments, and concerns will all be taken into consideration if you leave comments!