• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 1,347 Views, 38 Comments

Potential - Crisslunarflame



So, long story short, Celestia is evil and the mane 6/Cadance combine magix, and see what happens... It'll get interesting, I assure you!

  • ...
5
 38
 1,347

Corruption

Corruption...




There are many types of plants that live for a long, long time... Most of these perennials are trees. But, branches on these trees do not always live long. These branches have a way of becoming weathered or infected with disease. When these branches get such a corruption, it can sometimes damage them beyond repair...




...





For many Millennium, the six leaders succeeded in maintaining Harmony in the World.

The new ponies looked to their Prince and Princesses for guidance and example, and it was given to them. As the Alicorns practiced Honesty, Generosity, Laughter, Kindness, Loyalty, and the Magic of Friendship, the subjects copied them. For a long time, it seemed that the ponies and Alicorns alike had learned that these practices would lead to Eternal Harmony. They were also shown that the maintenance of Harmony would provide its own reward, happiness and prosperity for all.

During this long period of Peace, it was believed that Harmony could be maintained forever. Alas, this was not the Destiny that some ponies chose for their country.


Discuerdo was the first of the Alicorns to change.

As the Element of Laughter, Discuerdo was constantly finding means of creating laughter in himself and others, wherever he went. He loved the sound of it, the ringing it gave in his ears, the way his heart was filled with warmth and sunshine whenever he made the little foals giggle with joy! Because of this, he made it his purpose, his Destiny, to make everypony laugh. Fortunately for him, he came across a useful expression:


"The need of the many outweigh the need of the few."


With this expression, and the need for laughter in mind, Discuerdo set out to make ponies laugh. Unfortunately, oftentimes this was caused at the expense of one, or more ponies. Discuerdo was no longer spreading happiness and laughter; he was making some ponies laugh, but he had also become a Bully. By pranking other ponies, and making the bystanders laugh, Discuerdo had strayed from his path, had forgotten what it meant to be the Element of Laughter, he forgot that his mission, his self-chosen Destiny was to make all ponies happy.

This, is when the lack of sunshine in his heart led to Darkness...


Eventually, the ponies were not enough to make Discuerdo laugh. Sure, they were funny enough, but he had seen all that he could do with his... limited resources. He wanted entertainment! He wanted, fireworks... bangs...he wanted a spectacular show!

As he was the God of Forest Creatures, Discuerdo had the ability to create new, never before seen creatures, creatures that could live up to his wild expectations! So, he simply created them. First, came the Manticores and the Cockatrices. Next, came some Dragons. A hydra or two. And finally, he created his worst. This, is what crossed the line. He created an Ursa Major, a giant bear, composed of the same elements as the Galaxy, a threat to all ponies, and an insult to his own heritage.

By creating this Monster, Discuerdo dishonored his family, and insulted the great gift that his parents had bestowed within each of them. On this day, Discuerdo lost all connection with his element, of Laughter.

When Discuerdo realized what he had done, something inside him snapped. In a blind fit of Fury, he cast destruction over the land, and rampaged alongside his beasts, as Discord, the god of Chaos. In his madness, he cast away his body and instead created one of his own. It was a chaotic ensemble of different animal limbs and fur, a terrifying coat. With his broken mind and his monstrous body, he spread chaos and disorder wherever he went, until he reached the castle of the other Alicorns.

When he reached this castle, this haven, exempt from his rampages, he gave a mangled cry, and attempted to usurp the throne. Gathering the Elements of Harmony, and Discord's lost Element, the Pony Sisters stood together and tried to reason with their poor brother. When they finally realized that all was for naught, they were forced to bear the Elements of Harmony, the gift that was given to All of them, and turn against their only brother.

When the wave of rainbow magic reached the poor lost soul, it shocked him, and he was turned to stone.

To this day, the "statue" of Discord is kept to remind ponies to live together in Harmony. For many ponies, it is a reminder, but to five Alicorns, it is merely a remembrance of their brother, Discuerdo, the pony that all looked up to and who was lost to them.



In the years to come, Discuerdo would become forgotten to the pony subjects. All that was remembered was a period of time in which Discord reigned and chaos ran ramped. In time still to come, the word "discord" was founded, and given an overall meaning of any type of chaos, disorder, or strangely, a type of musical transition. What Discuerdo had accomplished during his rule was chaos, and that was then given as the meaning of his name. Most ponies no longer remember or care about words, or their origin. But the remaining Princesses do. And they hope to make their names go down in history as well.

And they will go down in History, or at least the words they are given will. But, the meaning of those words is still the decision of those five Alicorns. Only they can truly decide their Destiny...









Authors Note-

Sorry its taken so looonnnggg for this chapter! It IS ridonkulous, I know. This has just been a SUPER BUSY summer, and I have had a lot of summer assignments and family issues to sort out. (New Sibling!!!) (Have to look after other siblings!!! :() Well, I hope that with summer ending I am able to get thing out a lot quicker, I have lots of Ideas. And I hope that they are all original, too... Well, I hope you guys like the stuff with Discord, and are wondering about the other 3 Alicorns that need to disappear. Well, all in due time... Thank you for reading!!! :)







...