• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 1,347 Views, 38 Comments

Potential - Crisslunarflame



So, long story short, Celestia is evil and the mane 6/Cadance combine magix, and see what happens... It'll get interesting, I assure you!

  • ...
5
 38
 1,347

Tainted

Tainted...






Some ponies say, that when a single limb gets exposed to a disease, then the whole tree will rot. Other ponies say, that if the poisoned branch is removed, then the rest of the being can continue to live and carry out its function normally. But, for this to work, the infected branch must be removed completely, with no traces left behind. If some of the dangerous traces remain, the the whole tree will become tainted, and may begin to rot...


...




After having dealt with their only brother, the five remaining pony sisters attempted to re-assemble their kingdom and fix all that Discord had broken. When they had healed their subjects and repaired some of the damage that was done to their Nation, they decreed a national period of mourning. For all of the ponies, this period of mourning lasted for five years.

For the Great and Immortal Alicorns, this period laste for no less than a century.


During this period of great sadness, Chrysalis was most affected. Discord had been her older brother, and she had always looked up to him the most. In her despair at what they had needed to do to him, she spent her Century locked up in a silken cocoon, in an extended hibernation.

At the end of her one hundred year exile, she emerged from the cocoon, only for her siblings to find that she had changed. Chrysalis no longer resembled the graceful and kind mare that she was when she entered her imprisonment... she was... rotted...

In the place of her flowing mane, gaunt, lank green dreadlocks hung. Where er Cutie Mark had been, there was nothing, and her coat has turned to a dark, rotted black. He wings and horn had many gaping holes in them, as if they had been eaten away at by termites, and the same went for her legs.

The Chrysalis that emerged from this cocoon did not resemble the kind spirited lovely mare that had entered. She was foul and nasty, both in appearance and in spirit.


The Element of Kindness was no more.




...




Once Chrysalis had emerged from her chosen area of mourning, she became jealous of her sisters. She did not feel that being a Goddess of Birth was...good enough for her. Instead, she wanted to take away the joy, the love that all ponies found in each other, as the love for her brother had been stolen away from her. In a fit of fury, she used the last of her Element to create a new creature all together. Styled after her own appearance and abilities, of course.

She created the Changelings.


Under her power, this new breed of...monster was created, able to shape-shift at will, and to feed off of the love of other ponies. With her own power, and that of her minions, she was sure to take over the Country.

Catching her sisters unprepared, Chrysalis used her minions to rob whole towns and cities of all of their love, leaving naught but an empty shell of the emotion that there had been.

Seeing the terror that Chrysalis had been enacting on their subjects, Equesalis had only one choice. Sadly, she did the only thing she could. Gathering the other Elements of Harmony, Equesalis had to convince Celestia, Luna, and Flamentia to wield the Elements against poor Chrysalis.

Caught unprepared, Chrysalis attempted to use the Element of Kindness, only to find that it had grown to a dark grey, and was useless to her. United, the four loyal sisters stood, and cast Chrysalis and her army of minions out to the wastelands, far, far away from all civilization.


After Chrysalis had failed to take over their land, the ponies gave her a word. Chrysalis had become the word that was used when an insect broke out of it's spun cocoon, emerging as an entirely new being.

For most ponies, this was a commonplace word, with little or no significance.



To the four remaining sisters, it holds all of the significance in the world.






Author's note- Well, I hope this chapter didn't take to long, but I know it is on the shorter side. I think that the next one will be longer, though! Hope you like how I'm doing the background stuff. Remember, If you have any suggestions, just leave a comment, and I'll take everything into consideration! :}







...