• Published 13th Sep 2016
  • 1,523 Views, 38 Comments

Spiders and Magic: The Harmony Avengers - andrew7



This is my very own unique story spin-off and inspiration of Maximus Reborn "Spiders and Magic" series

  • ...
21
 38
 1,523

PreviousChapters Next
Spider Cave much

“Daddy! Mommy! You are home!” Mayday, who was already long at home back in Golden Oak Library squeaked by seeing her parents along with Spike and Logan, the filly rushed to their side and energetically wrapping her hooves around her dads neck.

“Hey, there honey!” Peter exclaimed joyously, returning his daughters hug on the fullest without squashing her with his spider strength before letting her down.

“How was your time at school today, sweetie.” Twilight asked while nuzzling her cheeks against her daughters affectionately.

“Same old, same old. Another day, another very well done passed testing. However….” Mayday stated with an evident pride in her sweet little voice, yet strangely her demeanour slightly darkened a little bit. “According Miss Cheerilee I am rather getting a little way above the usual calibre of students back in Ponyville Schoolhouse and that I am just seven years old yet.”

“You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, honey.” Peter stated supportively and brushing Maydays mane on her head with his hoof affectionately, knowing very too well what he was saying.

“Your dad, is right, dearie.” Twilight added by completing her husband. “You are a very gifted and intelligent filly and it wouldn’t be right you just didn’t show your potential. Yet, you also need to be humble with yourself as well as not being afraid to share your knowledge with everypony else.”

“Well….Thank you.” Mayday thanked, being charmed by their parents support.

“Hurm!” Logan snorted in a very uncouth and sarcastic like manner. “Everyone will notice that yer a one some happy family of…..”

“Eggheads?” Peter sarcastically on his own added in a possible outcome of Logans comment with a both exasperated and rather humorous expression.

“Intellectuals. I meant….Intellectuals.” Logan responded with quite an awkward manner for a change, not trying to get a way too far with his quirkiness in front of the kid.

“Yeah, right.” Spike scoffed with a sarcasm of his own, evidently not buying Logans lame excuse.

“Where are the others, Mayday? Aren’t they home yet?” Twilight, paying the boys antics asked and scanning the trees interior, yet not being locate anypone else but her daughter.

“Oh. Miss Sunset and Hardy haven’t returned yet, just like Aunt May and Benny from their visit in Canterlot. I have just come home a little while ago and just being about to prepare something to eat.” Mayday explained while sharing a glance and friendlily smiling on Logan. “Oh, hey there, Mr Logan. Have you had a good with daddy and mommy hanging out?”

“Hurm….” Logan muttered, trying to give the kid a suitable yet somewhat offhanded response. “It wasn’t that bad, kid. I guess….Yet, it was definitely a little way better than my usual days. Bein' on th' run, hangin' in pubs, pulverizin' bozos and savin' th' world along with my fellow X-Men, that’s fer a change.”

“Eghm…..Right then.” Mayday replied a little awkwardly, not being fully sure with Mr Logans ood response, yet getting he actually had a good time nonetheless.

“Actually….Now when Mayday is at home, there is something more we would like to show you, Logan.” Twilight bid Logan promisingly.

“Like whut?” Logan dully asked, yet out of curiosity titling his head to the side.

Yet, much for the X-Mens incoming dismay, Peter and Mayday exchanged a rather provocative like wink among each other. “Logan….This way.” Peter stated in quite a challenging like tone as he headed right to nearest doorway leading right downstairs with Mayday, Twilight and Spike soon following afterwards.

Although feeling dumbfounded about this all, Logan eventually grunted under his breath and soon also following his friends downstairs, deep into the trees hollow. There on the end of the passage, much for Logans awe, were a large metal security door with an advanced keypad on the left side, which quite left the X-Men puzzled by actually seeing a piece of advanced technology, familiar that one from Earth just in this world, where there was usually magic and all those spell over everything else and just in Parkers/Sparklers house. Yet for now, Logan better decided to keep for himself, thinking nothing about it.

“Now…..” Peter spoke of in quite a thrilling yet also very cautious tone and eying Logan with quite an unreadable look. “We would like to entrust you with a secret. But…You must promise, that you wont let anypony know what you are about to see right behind that door. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stuck a needle in my eyes. Okay?”

“Whut in th' blue blaze is th' meanin' of such a mumbo-jumbo?” Logan grumbled in a total confusion be hearing a strange indeed mumble-jumble like symptoms.

“It is a Pinkie Promise. Pinkie Pies own kind of promise.” Twilight explained though a little strange yet unique form of promise that Pinkie Pie came up with by herself.

“Pink One actually came up with that?!” Logan blurted out by hearing Sparkles testimony before huffing in quite an exasperated way. “Well, guess I shouldn’t be that surprised in her case. It is quite fittin' fer her.”

“Its not that bad as it seems, Mr Logan. Actually, whenever we all, daddy, mommy, Spike, auntie Trixie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy or Rarity promise something, we will simply use Pinkie Promise, like this: Cross my heart, hope to fly, stuck a needle in my eyes.” Mayday tried to explain even further for her mother yet also performing a little demonstration of it by placing her hoof over her chest, then under her chin before finally, yet though uneasily little filly nearly stuck her own hoof literally into her left eye.

“Although, Pinkie Pine usually refers: stuck a cupcake in my eyes.” Spike chuckled rather humorously about Pinkies very own version with the cupcake.

“Believe or not, Pinkie even once gave her promise to Rainbow by literally sticking a cupcake into her eye….I mean literally.” Peter grinned both humorously as well as a bit uneasily by recalling the time when Pinkie indeed stuck a real cupcake right into her eye by giving a promise to Rainbow Dash.

“And….Yer actually expectin' me ta repeat such….Adage?” Logan grumbled in protest with the majority, if not the entire him didn’t want to comply on Parkers request. “Is that even worth it fer ta see whuts behind that door, Parker?”

“Yeah, it is, old chum.” Peter stated in a very honest demeanour yet though grinning. “Besides, everything that is about me or my family and friends is usually worth it.”

“Yeah. It really is, alright….Unfortunately.” Logan grumbled under his breath with his exasperation.

“Come on, Logan. There is nothing to it.” Twilight spoke off positively, trying to cheer her gruff friend a little bit.

“Please, Mr. Logan.” Mayday however asked politely with softest tone she could muster, denying a very innocent look and gently soothing her little hoof over the gruff stallions own.

Logan, by looking into fillys deep golden eyes full of emotions and sensitiveness as well as feeling the warm from her touch ant though not knowing how once again found himself rather beside himself, yet also once again experiencing a weird yet a great deal of warmth and complacency.

It was just not fair and fate was cruel at times, as Logan, aka. Wolverine, a notoriously infamous mutant superhero, being known for his impulsive tempter, no-nonsense attitude and usually being a gruff loner who was usually a reluctant for a teamwork, however also and unfortunately having a hidden yet a way more gentle and softer side, just couldn’t resist those little puppy innocent eyes and innocence, Mayday bore.

“Hurm….Alright, kiddo.” Defeated and overwhelmed, Logan sighed by giving himself in over Mayday, who by the way asked politely and saying a magic word “please”. “Hurm….Cross my heart….Hope…eghm….Ta fly….Stuck a needle in my eyes.” Logan swore the Pinkie promise, though somewhat incoherently and making the same awkward gesture, before sharing an annoyed glance with both Parker and Sparkle. “Okay, happy now?”

“Very.” Peter muffled though suppressed chuckles amused with Spike couldn’t react any differently as well as Twilight couldn’t resist a playful happy chuckle. “Too bad I haven’t recorded it via Jarvis. It wold have sounded great if I had ever put it on internet…..If we were still on Earth though.”

“Would ya just shut up and open those door, Parker?” Logan grunted irritated, now finding his patience really getting short and folding his hooves over his chest.

Figuring out from his a little well too-well known tone he had better not try Logans patience any longer yet also be grateful for his daughter softening the gruff stallions heart, Peter nodded, reaching the keypad on the wall and entering the combination, yet doing this cautiously without Logan noticing the right one. In the instance, safety protocol disabled itself and the metal security door spread wide open.

Peter along with Twilight, Mayday, Spike and Logan entered right in, yet Logans brow arched as his eyes steadily shut quite wide open what he just saw. The room was actually a large cellar like basement, right underneath the Golden Tree Berry, with its roots being spread and vined all over the room. Yet, it actually was likely resembled a laboratory or workshop of sorts, evident by a few strange machines of bizarre like design and of whoknows purpose, meters, catalysts, flask containing colourful chemicals, lots of more books placed in carved bookshelves along with a large working table standing aside, with lots of various working instruments and tools, like hammer, pliers, wrench or screwdriver lying on it as well as plans with various sketches of an complicated devices were fixed on the wall.

“Logan….Welcome to my workshop.” Peter nonchalantly and more likely solemnly introduced by in a very prideful manner showing the basement workshop, that also once served as Twilights personal laboratory to Logan. “Beauty, isn’t it.”

“A workshop?” Logan blurted out while yet unable to supress his own awe and literally staring at the workshop basement underneath Golden Tree Library. “If I didn’t know any better, I would guess yer takin' into a…..Spider Cave.”

“Theoretically, it just could be called “Spider Cave” as you put it, old chum. But then since we are actually living in the tree, the “Spider Hollow” might be more like it.” Peter explained in an awkward and humorous way, unmistakably indicating his own workshop to Batcave and Batman himself as he usually had in habit.

“Nice.” Logan scoffed as a way more devious, sarcastic look took its place on his face. “All ya need is ta redesign this entire tree like house into a fancy mansion like castle…Lotsa money….And git yerself a butler who will unfortunately share yer little secret.”

“Well, if you ask me….” Peter scoffed back with a humorous tone and glancing upon Spike with quite some provocative like look, quite for Spikes awe. “We actually might already have a butler on our own.”

“Well excuse me?!” “For your information, I am Twilight Number One Assistant! There is one big difference between that!” Spike, be hearing Peters seemingly innocent cute remark, though literally glowed up quite in some temper tantrum and offended folding his hands before huffing rather contemptuously. “And besides….I was just fine with Peters secret when had first come into Equestria.”

“Yet….It also serves as a perfect shed at times, for both me and Daddy. We spend and hanging out lots of the time, working on the projects here.” Mayday added and playfully bumping her fathers side with her hoof.

“Like a dad and daughter having a moment together.” Peter chuckled and playfully rubbing her daughters mane on her head, quite for fillys dismay.

“Chrm….That might explain where yer spendin' yer nights away from all those girls, Parker.” Logans sarcastically scoffed and folding his hooves in a manly like way over his chest.“At least ya git yerself a hobby.”

“Erghm…..Yeah.” Peter scoffed yet furrowing his brown a little uneasily by Logans comment while also sharing somewhat uncertain like glance with his wife.

“How about we show you around, Logan. You would be wondered how many great things Peter came up with and significantly improving the local technology in a late seven years.” Twilight nonchalantly declared with a coy hint of enthusiasm wither her sweet voice.

“Erghm, Mom! And just like what I was doing this whole time, while my dad was busy? Crawling in his workshop just for nothing?” Mayday, however grunted on her mother with a both sarcastic and upset like way, like she would felt forgotten or pushed away.

“Of course….” Peter chuckled and patting his daughter over her head in a playful manner, giving his support to a filly. “Mayday has also been helping me out big time with my projects and work as my very own personal assistant. Plus, it is also an opportunity for her to learn more about technology, mechanics and electronics. And telling you the truth….She is really good at that.”

A really good indeed and apparently inheriting by both her fathers and mothers mutual intellectual talent as well as passion for science and knowledge, and unlike many foals, Mayday was sure indeed spending more of her time at home, hanging out with her fathers down in his workshop like his personal assistant, helping him out with his science stuff and projects as well as making her very own part by designing, constructing and making some adjustments.

“Guess that would be some shortcut over middle school.” Spike humorously commented, unwillingly giving everypony around quite an amused chuckle, well….Expect Logan of course, who merely rolled his eyes, though in just a more humorous like way anyway.

“Alright then, guys. Enlighten and show me.” Logan prompted the others with a both urgentneto better show him the way around workshop, instead of listening all that sciency stuff from three at once ponies for the rest of the day. Nodding, Peter, Twilight, Mayday and Spike along with Logan following went downstairs, as they approached to a large metal like base with a large white robe being covered over, arguably hiding some of Peters great inventions of sorts that was mounted underneath.

“Whuts underneath that robe?” Logan asked as he closed his gap between himself and the metal base, eying it curiously.

“Logan. You definitely got to see this one. Its one of my and Maydays finest invention yet. We have been working on it together.” Peter stated with an obvious scientific like enthusiasm and pride present in his tone while exchanging an affirmative wink and grabbing the edge of the robe with his mouth. “Better brace yourself, old chum.” Peter muffled excited though uneasily with his mouth full. “Are you ready for this?”

“Yup!” Logan deadpanned affirmatively also a little exasperated about Parkers antics.

“Introducing….” Peter declared solemnly and by sharply clinching his head uncovering the robe, revealing a very sophisticated machine of a sleek design, identical to Spider-Manes own trademark insignia of a spider, with eight blunt legs, two red eye reflectors on its head and having a light blue colour. “The Spider Glider!”

“A Spider…Glider?” Logan muttered incoherently by repeating the name yet gruff stallion found himself staring at a very unique and sophisticatedly constructed glider like machine of a specific design. Despite not having exactly sharing Parkers and Sparkles affection for science, yet though being a technical type nonetheless as well as being a very good mechanic, his awe actually wasn’t nothing less from being quite impressed about Parkers ingenuity.

“Yup. My very new and improved mean of transportation for larger distances.” Peter nonchalantly, well if not even a little complacently stated, being evidently more than impressed and confident about the glider flying machine. “Yet, Mayday has also made some adjustments on it.”

“That’s right.” Mayday stated and nimbly hopping with an aid of her wings waving right on the back of the glider. “It can fly over 90 mph, above clouds altitude level and being able to carry over 400 lbs, including Dads own weight, and even far more for a very brief period of time. Plus, its also has build in three vertical thrusters, enabling it to take off and land easily, laser and computer tracking system.”

“And…” Peter took over after his daughter proper description of their inventions functions. “It has a build in solar cells, that stores a solar energy for the batteries, serving as a perfect fuel for this baby. When fully charged with all this solar energy stored, the supplies may last for several hours before exhaustion.”

“Both economical and effective and environmentally friendly. And we all got to thank Princess Celestia herself for that.” Twilight added in regards and respect of Princess Celestia.

“Hurm….Guess bein' a self-proclaimed Goddess of th' Sun, as she put it just might have its benefits after all.” Logan commented with a rather offhanded tone by his own way of showing impression, nodding his head. However, more he checked the Spider Glider, with its name suggesting and design being just oddly familiar, the X-Men wondered with rather disturbing thoughts coming into his mind as he denied a kid quite a suspicious stare. “Okay, ya kin consider me bein' impressed with th' vehicle, kid. But seriously, about th' looks of it…..Have ya actually….Well…?”

“Yeah, yeah. I know very well what you might be thinking right now, old chum.” Peter sighed in a very disturbing and uneasy like manner, with the same disturbing and dark thoughts flashing within his head, yet trying to be positive about the idea. “And trust me, it was weird and hard even for me to actually take Osborns idea to create my very own version of Goblin….Erghm, I mean…..Spider Glider, recreating it for faster travel across the Equestria.”

Still not knowing what to think about this whole, Logan shared a very serious and also quite concerend glance with Twilight, who like would be sharing Logans thoughts exactly could though do nothing but merely shruging her hooves with a hopeless like expression, as even she couldn’t discourage or drove her husband off the idea. “Hurm….At least ya kin consider yerself lucky that Osborn is long in grave, otherwise he would sue ya fer copyright infringements, bub.” Logan replied still a bit uneasily with a slight apprehension yet eventually giving in about Parkers idea.

“Echm….Yeah….Guess I do.” Peter muttered sheepishly by taking Logans point, yet pushing those provoking thought out of his head, an enthusiasm and more positive mood soon associated with young stallion “Hey! Do you want to see how this baby flies?”

Despite being curious as well, Logan once again peaked up Twilight standing aside “Will ya actually let them fly inside yer house?”

“Do I have any choice?” Twilight sighed in a defeated and unpleasant like manner.

“This better not end up like last time. Because last time, we have spend all afternoon tiding up the entire workshop when they almost turned into a scrapyard.” Spike grunted irritated by recalling the last time when Peter and Mayday were flying inside the Golden Oak Library.

“Yay!” Peter and Mayday both squeaked astonished and Peter nimbly leaped right on the Spider Glider, behind Mayday. “Alright, sweetie, kick it in.”

“With pleasure, Daddy.” Mayday smirked joyously and pressing some of the start button on the gliders heads controls deck and in the instance, at first a very low turbine hissing like sounds started echoing from above the flying machine, yet slowly gaining on intensity and power as the glider eventually slowly and steadily took off from its base into the air with Peter and Mayday aboard. “The engine is running! Its running!” Mayday squeaked in astonishment.

Mayday then pressed yet a different button, while Peter, holding and supporting his daughter with his hoof and working in sync then made some specific nimble movements with his hinder hooves that were placed in gliders holders, as a main thruster engine fixed right on gliders spiders like belly thrusted and Peter with his daughter flew right open, though adequately in a low speed started flying around and across the basement in circles, yet careful so they didn’t break something as Twilight, Spike and Logan were watching the spectacle in awe.

Then, judging that there already was enough demonstration, Peter safely guided the Spider Glider back to the metal base, slowly and steadily descending before eventually landing and fitting just perfectly into its base metal holder and Mayday by pressing yet a different button shut the engine off.

“So….What do you think, old chum?” Peter chuckled nonchalantly by jumping out of the glider and helping Mayday down denying a boasting like look to Logan.

Blinking his still shot opened eyes yet snapping himself from his self-induced trance, Logan shrugged his shoulders in a sceptical like way. “Flyin' overcompensated too much over web-swingin'?”

“I know it may look a little….Eghm….Wacky, for a spider flying, who usually travels via webbings. But I assure you, that I had a very damn good reason for improving and rather adjusting my means of travel, I mean….Hello, no skyscrapers.”

“Figures. A city boy is out of his element. That way ya soon might be on yer last web. I mean litereally.” Logan mockingly commented over Parkers misfortune with his hirsute features morphing into a devious smirk, quite for Parkers dismay.

“Hey!” Mayday though spoke of in quite a defensive like way and standing up for her father. “This is my Dad we are talking about, Mr. Logan. He is Equestrias greatest hero and always being able to handle almost every situation, and despite odds not being in his favour, he can always pull himself of the top at the end of the day.”

“Chill out, kid. I am just pullin' yer daddys hoof.” Logan responded reassuringly with a more regulated tone, yet a hint of mischievousness was still present within it.

By sensing a slight little tension brewing over rather immature like topic, though being happy for her daughter standing up for her father, Twilight better decided to concentrate on other matters. “How about we show you some of our inventions that Peter and Mayday were working on, Logan?” The librarian promisingly pointed her hoof on a large table standing nearby at the wall, which quite attracted Logans attention.

“So…This is where yer keepin' th' ol' relics, huh?” Logan scoffed both sarcastically and in seemingly disinterested like way as he closed his gap and observed lots of different equipment and gadgets lying on the table Peter with an aid of his inventive daughter came up with, like his trademark though somewhat advanced web-shooters, utility belts, cartridges, spider tracers, Spider Gliders wrist remote control and Jarvis laptop lying around closed, storing his energy.

“Well excuse me! I will have you know this is where our the most cutting-edge technology is developed.” Twilight though huffed somewhat defensively, her voice sounding quite serious about Logan seemingly mocking her husbands inventions.

“Hurm….Point takin'. With all that…Magic stuff and spells over everythin….'” Logan shrugged his shoulders, oblivious to his friends concerns yet gruff stallions gaze landed on a couple of strange small jars, looking like miniature light blue crystals with small glided decorated frames. “And whut is this supposed ta be? A hearts-valentines puffballs?” Logan grumbled though with an interest, grabbing one heart and started throwing it in his hoof like a ball.

“No! Don’t throw it like this! You are loading Crystal Hearts magic signature within it!” Peter exclaimed frantically, trying to stop Logan in his play, yet knowing much very well what unfortunate might have happen.

“Whut th'…!?” Logan grumbled, freaking out a little bit by Parkers sudden outburst, but it was already too late, as he accidently dropped the miniature seemingly harmless crystal-like ball from his hoof, that fell and crushing right at the table. And in the instance, like once again on numerous occasions came a moment like everything including time itself came into a halt, as the crystal exploded and releasing massive amount of luminous array of bright light that even brighter then sunshine that flashed the entire workshop and causing everypony and dragon present within to stagger and instinctively shielding their eyes, otherwise they would all go blind from such glow.

Unfortunately, Logan being the most in awe and though not reacting fast enough to avert his gate, got unfortunately dazzled by an amount of intense light, cringing and yelping disturbingly as his eyes stung by the glow.

After several moments of a dead silence, the glow of light within the basement eventually subsided and Peter, Twilight, Mayday and Spike could finally uncover and open their eyes, knowing it was already safe to look, yet immediately shifting their collective gazes right on Logan, who still quite dazzled tried to recuperate and not having an idea what just transpired, his vision blurring a little bit yet seeing glares his friends were bearing.

“Logan! Be careful, man!” Peter scolded Logan for his immature act, bearing quite some glare and his voice sounding very serious. “This is not like the relationship with James Bond and Q over every gadgets briefing on the mission.”

“I….Git that.” Logan grumbled incoherently, while his vision was already clearing up yet cringing on his head still slightly aching.“Whut….Was that?”

“I like to call them Min-Crystal Heart Grenades.” Peter explained, his voice already turning into a more logical one. “I shall thank Cadance for those. Being filled with a magic of any kind, they explode, releasing a light with the unique magical properties of Crystal Heart, you know. Theses babies came pretty useful when I along with Shinning Armor went after and kicked King Sombras flank.

“Yet, I have also been working on special igniters containing a magic powder composition with a safety pin, more likely a grenade mechanism, so I would no longer rely on assistance of an unicorn magic. But….Crystal Hearts magic illuminating charge is quite fragile. By tossing the Crystal Heart several times just might disturb its magic container and eventually triggering a chain reaction. A problem that I yet have to find an adjustment for.”

“Now yer tellin' me, school boy.” Logan grumbled as he was still rubbing his eyes uncomfortably, yet already managing to fully recuperate his senses.

“You are just lucky that Crystal Hearts magic is quite harmless for anypony of a pure heart Logan. Yet, for somepony so evil or dark like King Sombra for instance as well as other dark and evil beings on the contrary….” Twilight cleared the matters more up, though not needing to any further as Logan would already get the point.

“And as Daddy puts it….” Now Mayday nonchalantly added. “It’s the equivalent of a flash bang with the joys of disorientation.”

“Yeah….Right. Guess yer web-head is just full of great ideas, Parker.” Logan grunted affirmatively despite feeling somewhat sceptical about Parkers little bit unorthodox inventions.

“Thanks. When I am not inventing for saving the world, I am just overflowing with stuff.” Peter replied both charmed yet uneasily about Logans statement, by which young stallion couldn’t tell if it was a credit or objection.

Logan looked around one more time, as his eyes much for his surprise landed right on a Dimensional Dilation Accelerator lying nearby on the table with some cleaning instruments lying around it. “So….This is that infamous Time Dilation doohickey ya have been talkin' about, Parker. Yet from whut ya have said, it caused lotsa trouble. Is it workin' yet?” The X-Men curiously and like on purpose reached his hoof to the dimensional portal like device, but before he could reach or touching it, Peter swiftly and like in a zipping like moment snatched the machine right under Logans nose, dying a gruff stallion a defensive glare.

“Yeaahh….” Peter proceed in quite an uneasy like manner while trying to keep the Dimensional Dilation Accelerator of Logans hooves as far as possible. “Yet luckily, the Accelerator hasn’t been any seriously or entirely damaged or broken. But its circuits as well as portal generating mechanism from the inside got severely overheated. Yet, it has already cooled off and I have managed to clean it out from dirt. You better be careful with this one, bub. Besides…..Its your ticket back home when this is all over anyway.” Peter calmly yet quite seriously lectured Logan, who merely responded with a rather devious grin.

Twilight, by using her telekinesis via her horn levitated and handling the machine to Spike. “We better put this into a safe place, Spike. Put it into a safety vault.”

“You got it, Twilight.” Spike gave a young princess an affirmative nod, somehow empathizing with Peters own suggestion and concern about anypony else got his hooves on the device of an advanced alien technology as baby dragon rather hastily carried Dimensional Dilation Accelerator more out of Logans reach, much for both Peters and Twilights relief.

Yet in the same instance, Logans attention then for a change centred itself on a large closed double door, that by the way more likely resembled a gate with a sign “TOP SECRET” written and being stuck on it, judging that whatever was behind those door, it must have been something really special and unique. “Hurm…Whut is in here?” Logan asked somewhat innocently, yet a curiosity was gleaming in his eyes.

“Oh No! That’s Top Secret!” Peter blurted out quite frantically and with as speed of blur he stood behind the door and Logan, edging and pressing himself right to the door in a very defensive like manner, like he would try to guard whatever was hiding behind those doors and not wanting to tell Logan. Yet, it must have been something special and unique indeed when Peter was making such secrets with that.

“Top secret, huh?” Logan scoffed indifferently, not obviously buying Parkers secretive attitude and attempts to shush it. “Come'n. Ya kin tell th' ol' Logan.”

“No. No. I just….Cant tell. Sworn on my very own knightly honour and Spider butt.” Peter dismissively rebuffed Logans statement, refusing to unstuck himself or stepping aside from the door by any cost.

Logan then questioningly shared a glance with Twilight, Mayday and Spike, if they hopefully might have any idea what Parker was hiding behind them, yet unfortunately, Twilight helplessly shrugged her shoulders as well as did Mayday and Spike alike, obviously having any of them having a little, if any idea and knowing as much as Logan did. “Alright then, I am gonna guess. Whut about…..A flyin' pig? I have always wanted to see one.”

“No…” Peter whispered by energetically taking a hold on both the X-Mens shoulders and cautiously looking around to make sure nopony else expect his beloved wife, daughter and baby dragon could hear or ever find out yet, young stallion finally trailed off. “All I can say for now is……That it is my the most brilliant invention yet. Even more brilliant than my Spider-Pogo Stick or Spider Roller Skaters.”

“Which by the way seemed like a pretty weird idea on the first place.” Spike sarcastically commented, much for Peters disdain.

“Riiight…..I guess I just might let ya off th' hook fer now.” Logan sighed defeated like, deciding to let Parkers so called Top Secret project go, whatever it was before the kid decides to reveal it by himself.

“Actually, Logan…..” Twilight then though adressed, her voice sounding promising yet also surprisingly bearing a hint of a scientific like curiosity as Celestias former student step closer to a very sophisticated like machine that looked like more like a highly advanced X-Ray machine, with an x-ray projector being fixed right on the ceiling right above a table and a cable connecting the machine with main computer panel to operate.

“Whuts up with th' X-Ray contraption, kid?” Logan asked, having his piercing blue eyes centred on the X-Ray machine somewhat questioningly.

“You know…..You have that famous and as Peter has been putting it so much, Adamantium skeleton of yours, is that so?” Twilight trailed off, with Logan simply yet dully nodding in agreement, wondering what was the about. “We have just thought that….Maybe we just could take a proper look on it with this X-Ray detector so we could see it. Well, it is….If you don’t mind?”

Logan, being quite taken aback by young princess unusual demand titled his head to the side a little bit though quite a sceptic like expression formed on his features. “Why do ya want ta see my Adamantium skeleton? Not that I wouldn’t ta wish or somethin'. I am just….Wonderin'.”

“Are you kidding?” Mayday squeaked slightly enthusiastic by sharing her mothers scientific excitement. “A man…I mean, the mutant….Pony….Eghm, whatever….With his bones and entire skeleton being coated with a supposedly indestructible metal alloy is just something that cannot be seen every day. Besides….It sound pretty cool for a superhero of your calibre, Mr Logan.”

“Don’t feel it bad, Logan, but….As weird is actually might sound, this also just might be the scientific phenomena of the century.” Twilight added with her sound slightly cracking with a mixture of awkwardness and excitement alike, unwillingly deepening Logans awe. “Just a little…Scientific curiosity.” Twilight chuckled sheepishly.

“Just look at it this way, old chum.” Peter then though addressed Logan with a more positive and soothing like tone and playfully bumping his shoulder. “You will just have the honour to serve Equestrians yet advancing science and, if you are a good boy, you just might get a lollipop.”

“Hurm….Whut about a cold beer?” Logan muttered somewhat indifferently, yet though considering little Maydays charming statement as well as looking into Twilight deep royal violet eyes gleaming with excitement as well as sharing a glance with Parker, as of course young stallion could react any differently as usually, the X-Men released a defeated like sigh. “Hurm….Whutever. Lets just git it over with.” Logan grunted though in a very decisive like a manner.

“Eghm, Logan….Before you get in, make sure that…” Peter though trailed off, his voice sounding sheepish and rather awkward and hesitantly pointing his hoof aimed right on Logans leather jacket.

“I know, I know….” Logan though grunted both slightly agitated and exasperated alike and like out of empathy knowing what Parker meant and being about to say, taking his jacket off as well as his trademark metal dog tags from his neck quite uneasily. “Hurm…Guess I just kint avoid gettin' my shirt off anymore?”

“I am right there with you, bub.” Peter deadpanned and somehow sympathizing with his gruff partners condition, with small shades of red formed over his cheeks out of dignity. “I could tell how it is to be and walking nothing but naked among the local populace. At least some pants would be enough for crying out loud. Yet again, everyone here is naked all the time without a problem, so why just bother yourself with that? Rarity though on the other hoof….”

“Like little children.” Twilight scoffed exasperated over her husbands having once again some of his unfortunate and awkward talking moments.

“Say Logan….” Spike though squeaked with his emerald slitted eyes gleaming quite with excitement. “Would you let me to try that jacket of yours out for a moment?”

“Sure thing, kid.” Logan simply stated without any hint objections and easily handing his jacket right to Spike, as baby dragon slid his way right in, despite though not minding the fact that the leather jacket was just a little out of scale for him.

“I don’t know about you guys…..But I make this look good.” Spike smugly declared and maintaining the most confident and somewhat boasting like stance he could muster, trying to look the best in Logans jacket like a true “dude”. “Maybe I just could try to charm Rarity whit this.”

“Just try, little buddy.” Peter scoffed while Twilight along with Mayday could only shake their heads, grinning a little hopelessly, though Logan as the only one seemed completely out of picture what was that about, though deciding to just let it be for time being.

Huffing and by simply putting his dog tags on a control panel, Logan made his way on the X-Ray table, lying on his back on a soft mattress while Peter stood at the X-Ray control panels computer, pressing various buttons by activating and making the machine work while Twilight, Mayday and Spike stood by his side.

“Alright Logan, now just don’t move while the X-Ray projector scans you and we will observe from here.” Twilight instructed Logan by comforting him a little bit.

“Yeah old chum. Just try to relax and thinking positive.” Peter nonchalantly and somewhat cheerfully stated, prompting his gruff partner try to relax further.

“Thinkin' positively.” Logan huffed indifferently while yet trying to make himself cosy on the table. “Hurm….This is gonna be some ride.”

“Uuu! May I daddy?” Maday though squeaked and nudging her fathers hoof playfully, pleading so she could initiate an X-Ray scan with her golden yellow eyes being fixed on a significantly larger and peculiar red button with a sign START on it.

“Let hit it, sweetie!” Peter nonchalantly and without any hesitation gave his daughter his permission as young filly squeaked once again excited and nonchalantly pressing the button.

In the instance, a low buzzling like sounds echoed right from the X-Ray scanner on the ceiling as the machine controlled by Peter operating its remote control slowly yet steadily started rolling on its holder like platform, with its scanner projector going, releasing its for a naked eye an invisible like beam and scanning Logan lying on the table underneath.

Meanwhile, Peter along with Twilight, Mayday and Spike observed the X-Ray machines monitor screen with caution and expectation as images already started loading and clearing themselves out, their eyebrows furrowed curiously by trying to take a proper look before their eyes literally widened.

“Oh my…..” Twilight exhaled with nearly all breath leaving her lungs with her eyes being as wide like a pair of saucers and her mouth nearly dropping to the ground by a very peculiar sight what she just saw on the screen.

To be continued…..

PreviousChapters Next