• Published 13th Sep 2016
  • 1,529 Views, 38 Comments

Spiders and Magic: The Harmony Avengers - andrew7



This is my very own unique story spin-off and inspiration of Maximus Reborn "Spiders and Magic" series

  • ...
21
 38
 1,529

PreviousChapters Next
Starting over

In the dark and deep cavern, at the foot of Galloping Gorge, in its darkened and desolate corridor of the cave, a red bright light was flashing and piercing through the darkness that engulfed the cavern, as well as very well familiar campanology song echoed throughout every edge of the cavern. And behind the corner, there was Grogar. A monstrous demonic ram, was lying on the ground and being in some sort of trans as the dark magic of his magical collar and bell surrounded his entire body, glowing virtually like firefly by a red light.

After his intense battle with Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Twilight and Spider-Mane from yesterday, despite his hulking physique as well as already upgraded and enhanced magical abilities from the strange dark ominous entity from Shadow World, the ram got a severe beating and injuries that he suffered from Royal Princesses, but especially from Spider-Manes sheer physical and Twilights ultimate Friendship Beam.
The ram was using his dark magic in order to heal and recuperating from his injuries that he sustained.

Though being in a deep trance, concentrating his thought of healing himself via the power of his magic collar bell, Grogars mind was literally raging like a stormy sea, with several meters tall waves and storm raging over it, with lighting flashing the sky and intense raining, was obviously upset about his defeat.

Grogar was still failing to understand how come that we was beaten by the bunch of ponies so young, despite of himself being big, strong and possessing vast magical abilities surpassing the potential of an unicorn pony.

The memories flushed and echoed throughout his mind about his battle, as Princess Celestia engulfed Grogar by her blazing flames, nearly scorching him to ash and causing him a third degree burns as well as slashing evil rams cheek and leaving a facial scar on it. He also couldn’t deny as Luna hit him by lightning and Cadance imprisoning him into a crystal like barrier.

But most of all which was the most irritating of all….That masked stallion called himself Spider-Mane. That name echoing in Grogars head consistently and his image couldn’t by supressed, demonic ram couldn’t shake the memories on him as well as the stallion took his strange spider webbed mask with lenses and revealing himself to be a young pony, as anger immediately associating with it. He also recalled as Twilight, a youngest alicorn princess he had ever saw was actually able to defeat someone so powerful and formidable with only one shot via her Friendship Beam.

Grogar gritted his teeth as he just couldn’t believe, that some ponies so young were actually able to fight off and actually subduing a powerful ram in combat. Despite his ever raising contempt against the young couple, even Grogar couldn’t deny, at least subconsciously or even admit the abilities and skills that stallion, Spider-Mane posed. Like dodging and outmaneuvering Grogars magical bolts with a speed and grace, delivering several mighty blows with a sheer raw power as well as well as displaying cunning and intelligence by negating Grogars magical bell, despite of seeming like a gibbering idiot.

Nonetheless, Spider-Mane showed himself as an incredibly powerful warrior to be recon with. And the same was for Twilight Sparkle. Despite being young and seemingly amateur like Spider-Mane, Grogar could feel a great power within her, which was more then evident by using one single powerful beam to knock evil ram down with one shot. Those two….represented a threat as well as an obstacle in Grogars plans, which he though didn’t meant to tolerate.

“Grrrr!” Grogar, already managing to heal up all of his injuries completely, as the red glow that was surrounding his body faded away growled menacingly, gritting his razor sharp teeth and stomping his hoof to the ground, when the entire cavern shake. “Why that obnoxious little punk Spider-Mane! I cannot believe that such an ignorant dressed in a cheap attire took the best of me! I got to get even that little brat! Him and his little princess, as well as Celestia. Nopony humiliates Grogar the Necromancer and lives to tell a tale about it!”

Grogar roared on top of his lungs as his nearly distorted voice echoed throughout every corner and shaking the interior of the entire cavern. However, Grogar eventually managed to take himself together and recollecting his sense via taking deep breaths and growling once more. “Whatever....They will all pay.…Eventually. Hurm.....But right now....I cannot do anything much about that. By lacking any necessary infrastructure to enforce my new rain of terror…..No base of operations….No resources…..No army....."

Grogar sit on the ground as he closed his eyes and considering his current situation. Despite his arrogance and vanity, an evil ram could think and see through as well as taking matters seriously. He knew very well that he would never get any closer of proceed with his dark plans like that. Brooding in his mind, Grogar opened his eyes, breaking a train of his thoughts.

“Very well…” Demonic ram spoke off in a more tranquil and deliberate tone. “Looks like I will just have to wait for a right moment and start over. But right now…..I am going home.” Grogar chuckled deviously as once again he concentrated his thoughts and magic bell on his collar started ringing in its usual ringing like melody, glowing via dark magic and in the instance, a monstrous ram disappeared in a burst of light.


Grogar reappeared in an another burst of light as he teleported himself far away from the cave of the Galloping Gorge, finding himself somewhere far away from the civilization on an isolated area of so called “Undiscovered West”, which actually looked like a small valley surrounded and shielded by mountains and covered by diverse wild, forest and flora as well as many wild animals, like birds singing in trees and deer grazing on green grass.

An evil ram, standing on a high hill, checked the entire area carefully in the slightest detail, grinning maliciously. There was something strange or even special on that area. Maybe anypony or any other creature didn’t know, but Grogar on the other hoof knew very well. That place was special to him and holding a hidden dark secret. The strange thing though was, that Grogar could actually somehow sense a dark energies that were radiated from that place.

“It is exactly as I remember that.” Grogar stated grinning as he kept his gaze fixed on the valley. “Once a solid ground and an area cursed by dark energies on which once a mighty Tambelon was built, before sinking underground and being lost for three thousands of years. Despite….all that green, flora, fauna and nature….Bah! So pathetic” Evil ram huffed contemptuously.

Grogars bell started ringing as well as its dark energy engulfed his mighty rolled horns that started pulsing via red light. Ram closed his eyes and concentrating his thoughts as he concentrated his attention right into the valley, like he would like to find something and using his horns like magic detectors.

The rams horns were pulsing with its dark magic at first very faintly, but then the light started slowly yet steadily pulsing more brightly and with more intensity than before, indicating an enormous quantum of dormant dark energies under the surface.

“Yes….Yes….I can feel it.” Grogar scoffed deviously showing his razor sharp teeth. “Tambelon. It is buried down there somewhere. Hidden deep above the surface, from the eyes of the worlds and forgotten for thousands of years.” Ram stated a bit disappointed and his voice filled with cynicism. Yet he managed to smirk deviously. “But, with my vastly enhanced and upgraded magical abilities, I shall once again restore The City of Hundreds Bells its former glory.”

Grogar than closed his red eyes, concentrating himself as his bell once again started ringing in melody, glowing with dark magic and in the instance a huge magic circle, composed of very different and strange markings, symbols and runes that somehow matches the ones on Grogars bell, of dark magic like construct materialized right in front of his head. He then opened his evil red eyes as his bell started ringing loudly and glowing more intensely. A magic circle then like by its own or by Grogars will levitated through the air, steadily gaining on size as it eventually settled in a valleys wooden area, right into ground, covering an area estimating over half square kilometres.

Grogar then fell into some sort of magic trance, his evil red eyes widened, magic collar bell ringing with even more intensity as well as his horns were glowing with a near dazzling effect with his pure dark magic and starting some kind of incantation with a near distorted voice.

“In the name of the ancient spirits of evil and all dark forces, existing as long as time itself.….Tambelon…...The City of Hundreds Bells….and an empire build on nightmares….I, Grogar, the Necromancer and your superior lord and master urge you to hear my call!”

“Raise from the ashes of your former glory like a mythological bird Phoenix and become a beacon of doom, suffering and darkness once again to throw the Equestria and entire world into oblivion!”

“By the chaos following my own steps, doom spreading like a disease and every evil present on this world..…Tambelon.….Raise from the depths of an underworld! Raise back to face of the earth! Raise and rule!”

“FOR AND IN THE NAME OF GROGAR THE NECROMANCER!!!”

Grogar distorted evil voice could literally send chills into the others spines, while the dark magic circle was pulsing and glowing with its dark energies that it was materialized from fiercely, causing all the animals, including birds to fly away from trees and deer run away so they could be as far away as possible from an evil ritual that was occurring.

In the instance, five circles like symbols around the entire circle burst into a glowing pillars of dark energy right into the sky and just like on the ground creating an exactly same circle duplicate on the sky, materializing from a dark energy that glowed the sky, bursting through the clouds and glowing the entire area with its red light.

And just like that, a fierce spinning vortex engulfed the circles into one single glowing pillar of dark energy and crimson lightning stroke from the centre of the magic circle on the sky, literally tearing through the solid ground in the centre of the circle. In the same instance, the entire ground literally crumbled into a hot raising magma as an eruption burst from the now giant hole of around the circle.

“Yes…!” Grogar proceed devilishly, with his growling voice distorted. “Yes!…..I can feel it!”

In that moment, like the time itself came into a halt and though it was quite difficult to see through, an enormous shadow posed by towers like spikes, was slowly yet steadily emerging from the hole of the hot magma, making its way raising right into the surface. Whatever it was, it was huge.

Eventually, dark energy like pillar connected with magic circles faded away, leaving the entire area damaged. Once a beautiful green and woodened valley turned into nothing but a desolated wasteland and in its centre, there was standing a strange kingdom, shrouded in a dark fog that more likely looked like it would be created and build on a nightmare, coming right from the netherworld. It had various deformed towers and filled with various bells.

Tambelon, a city of terror, a kingdom truly built on nightmare, being once a beacon of darkness spreading throughout the Equestria and Grogars home, indeed rose up from ashes like a mythological Phoenix bird, yet surrounded by a molten yet steadily hardening lava, as small flames were burning from it and a little smoke was emitting.

“Now this is more like it.” Grogar chuckled smugly for himself in a complacent like manner, being satisfied with his act, using all of his power to raise Tambelon from the depths of the earth back on the surface as well as with destroyed area all around, reduced into a wasteland.
An evil ram chuckled deviously under his breath, as his bell rung and glowed via its dark magic and Grogar with a blink of an eye dissapeaing in a flash of light.


Grogar reappeared this time on the wasteland of destroyed valley, standing several yards in front of a the gates of a nightmarish kingdom, when suddenly something else attracted rams attention. Much for Grogars surprise and his red eyes practically widening, which was quite unusual and stunning, even for a bad guy like him, there were nearly countless of sparkling gems and precious stones on green, blue, red orange, yellow, blue or violet colours buried in the hardened magma all around the place.

It appeared that those precious gems lied buried under the ground for ages. But, when Grogar used his dark magic in order to raise Tambelon from depths of earth back to surface, the molten lava that actually raised the lost kingdom, must have bring the jewels on the surface as well.

“Chm.” Grogar chuckled smugly under his breath as he couldn’t avert his gaze from the sparkling gems strewn everywhere where he could look. “Now this is promising.....” The ram then shifted his gaze back to the walls of the Tambelon as he approached the main gate, over thirty feet tall, yet, the drawbridge was closed.

“Open the drawbridge! Open!” Grogar ordered with utmost authority and order in his voice, stomping his hoof to the ground with a force like a thunder and letting his magical bell ringing and glowing. In the instance, like on his command by mere thoughts, a drawbridge, being provided by set of razor sharp spikes and fixed by pair of strong spiked chains coming right from two rams like head mouths statues, slowly yet steadily declining down, when it eventually touched the ground and revealing a main gate.

Yet, in the instance, a cages with razor sharp edges opened, raising up as well as main gate did, opening up and clearing the entire main gate entrance fully opened. Grogar only smirked smugly as he started marching towards the main gate, walking on the drawbridge confidently.

“It is so nice to be back home gain.” Grogar stated satisfied as he eventually passed the main gate. And as soon as he did, the drawbridge, like once again on rams command via the magical bell closed all by itself as cages came down and main gated closed completely and sealing the main gate entrance.


Grogar was walking his way haughtily throughout the Tambelons main courtyard, filled by strangely and rather grotesques shaped buildings in something like a weird demonic like style, its ancient walls cracking filled by numerous bells, with a strange markings quite familiar like to Grogars magic bell, all over the place.

However, the entire and extended construction was unusually silent like a grave. There were no scared bats flying from darkened edges of the buildings, no mice running around nor spiders with spider webs on cracking ancient walls, only a fog shrouding the vicinity. There was a silent everywhere, though it even seemed that even a wind was blowing through the towers in fear. Like all life would extinct all around. Which was actually no surprise, since Tambelon had just raised from the depths of earth and molten lava bringing it to surface.

There was also something strange or rather creepy on that entire place. Though, not being seen and like practically abandoned ages ago, like there would be still something present in that place, something evil and ancient. Like the entire place would be haunted, infested and radiating dark energies all over the place.

Tambelon was indeed a place, that would put every haunted house, abandoned places or cities to shame. It was literally an empire build on nightmare and terror. Despite that, Grogar was marching his way through the empire confidently and with no fear in his eyes, therefore it was actually “his domain”.

“A little neglected after three thousand years, but plausible nonetheless. There is no place like home.” Grogar stated smugly, not stopping in his tracks as he directed his way right to main castle, the largest building of the kingdom, build on architecture that perfectly matched the towers as well as the other buildings in a hell/demonic like style with sharp edges, a big rose window in its middle with an image of Grogars head along with his magical collar and bell himself and huge marble stairs leading right to its main gate.


The gates of the castle shot open and letting a daylight in as Grogar entered. The castles interior was shrouded in darkness, containing a tight air which would make it difficult to breath in there as well as a stench of mildew could be smelt in atmosphere.

Yet the daylight that came through the rose window as well as main door managed to pierce through the darkness that was engulfing the interior as it revealed to be a huge throne room. The room was held on big pillars, with stone dragons, holding torches in their mouths and rapping their serpent like bodies around the pillars.

There was a big chandelier, holding over a two dozen candles was fixed on a spiked chain, hanged on a vertically emphasised ceiling. A big long red carpet lied on a marble floor, leading from the main entrance door all the way to a big throne, with ram shaped heads armrests and central armrest with a ram head and big rolled horns on its top, standing on top of the platforms with stairs leading up and pair of big torch holders, shaped like serpents. Though, there was also a big strange mirror, decorated by rams like heads as well as serpents standing on the right on the throne.

“Aaah. My old good throne. It has been a while.”Grogar chuckled complacently as he made his way across the room, walking snobbishly on the red carpet, like someone would prepare it or lying there in an expectations of demonic rams long waiting return as one true and rightful emperor of Tambelon, which he actually was.

Grogar than raised upstairs to the throne as he sat into it, making himself comfortable and taking a proud and confident composure like a king. “Chmm. A little tight, yet comfortable nonetheless.” Grogar murmured, before grinning with satisfaction, making himself even more comfortable, leaning himself against thrones armrest and crossing his right hind leg over left one.

He then looked at the strange mirror on his right. “Aaah. And also my good old Magic Mirror of Seeing of course. With its transmitting magic I can see and watch the events going on in the world by learning so much details, including watching and spying on my enemies. Nothing can be hidden from me.” Grogar chuckled deviously, unable to aver his gaze from the magic mirror for a while. Yet, the evil ram necromancers bell once again started ringing and glowing by dark magic.


Meanwhile, back outside the walls of the Tambelon, every single gem still buried in already hardened and chilled magma got surrounded by the same red glow of dark magic, as they were all snatched from their rock prison and magically levitating in mid-air as they literally resembled a glowing swarm of sorts and started floating right over the walls towards the main castle.


The gems, made their way through the entrance door right into throne room, levitating in circles several times, before they eventually ceased in their pursuit and standing on the place. Grogar, watching hundreds if not thousands of precious gems grinned deviously with a malicious and snobbish look in his red eyes.

The gems would normally mean several reasons, like for Rarity an abundant supply for her dresses to be decorated, for Spike a mere meal or snack, for dragons a precious treasure they would normally guard and watch ferociously, but for the others, those precious gems would mean an immense wealth. And, fortunately for Grogar it was just the case.

"I believe this should be just suficient enough to cover the collateral and resources......" Grogar chuckled smugly, still holding the gems within his magical grasp. “Chm! Not only that I am a powerful and mighty ruler, having once again my own domaine back, but I am also insanely rich now.” Grogar stated complacently and grinned deviously with his fangs exposed. “With so much wealth, I could literally buy any and assemble the most powerful army in the entire world.” Once again, a demonic ram suddenly stopped as a realization struck his mind with a more sinistrous and malevolent intentions. “But then again…..Why to even bother myself pay and waste when there are much easier ways to buy a loyalty of others than with money. Like threatening, torture and force for instance.”

Grogar than shifted his red eyed gaze back to floating gems surrounded by dark magic aura and grinning. “Yet….It would be such a pity and waste just letting these beautiful gems lying around the wasteland like that. So…These gems are going right into my own personal treasury. For both worse times and as a symbol of my great power and influence.” And as soon as he said that, ram focused his thoughts via his magical bell and in the instance, all the gems disappeared in a flash of light.

“So…Now that al has been taken care off, what else?” Grogar asked smugly for himself, making himself more comfortable in his throne by placing both of his hooves behind his head and thinking deeply. Suddenly an idea occurred in his evil twisted mind and looked around, checking the throne room carefully. “Chmm.....It is so deserted around here. Once I had troggles as my very own personal army and guards. Yet too bad that those fools though had been that much incompetent most of the time, that idiotic Bray including.”

Grogar huffed contemptuously as an idea flashed in his head and shifting his gaze to magic mirror on his right. “Magic Mirror of Seeing! Hear my demands! Show me some of the Equestrias fiercest warriors, whose skills would be formidable and their loyalty easily bought! Show me!” Grogar ordered with a firm and demanding tone.

In the instance, a blank reflection of the mirror suddenly shifted and being filled by vortex of magical energies. The energies then burst into a flash of near dazzling light, as it started transpiring various images.


Nearly an hour passed, as the Mirror of Seeing showed Grogar every possible creatures that might act as his own personal army, but no matter how many creatures demonic ram could see, none of them seemed to suit or match his imaginations or expectations, as evident by Grogars steadily dropping patience and raising frustration. “Chrrrm! How come, that this so hard to find a good help these days?” Grogar growled in irritation, folding his hoof and resting in thrones armrest.

However, when all hopes and chances seemed to be fading away, the mirror screen suddenly materialized an image of individuals that took Grogars attentions. They were actually three anthropomorphic dogs of different sizes. One, was a medium sized dog with dark grey fur, a black collar decorated by diamonds, red west and having a green viper like eyes. The second, the smallest of the trio with a dark yellow fur, had exactly, the same collar decorated by diamonds and yellow eyes. And the third one, the largest and strongest of three, with light blue fur, having the exact same collar like his companions and grey west. Despite their size difference, the dogs resembled bulldogs with unusually strong arms with razor sharp claws and longer then their hind legs.

They were called the “Diamond Dogs”, Rover, Fido and Spot, an infamous trio of greedy jewel finding dogs that once kidnapped Rarity for finding gems for them after using her gem-finding spell. But unfortunately, in the end they started regretting to kidnap a white generous unicorn, who was driving poor doggies crazy to the point they eventually set her free with all the jewels they had looted.

However, Grogar could also see that Rover, Fido and Spot commanded quite a large pack of strong bulldogs, being approximately big as Spot, with brown furs, wearing a metal armour, chest and shoulder plates and helmets, though their eyes were not visible, and being armed with spears with a diamond like shaped point. They acted like Diamond Dogs personal guards.

Grogar watched the Diamond Dogs on the Magic Mirror screen with a wide interest for a while, thinking and considering deeply their potential and though also being amused by dogs own stupidity as they got annoyed and tricked by Rarity to set her free, the ram finally decided.

“Why they….” Grogar snorted in a both exasperated and somewhat disappointed manner. “Those fleabitten furbacks. They are nothing at all, drooling, barking and scratching their backs. Comparing troggles at least being able to listen to my orders...…However…..With a proper discipline, rigorous training and under my command of iron fist, those mutts jsut could discover and uncaged their primal instincts as well as beasts within them to be a savage warriors and being obedient only to me. Besides….Canines are naturally known for their loyalty to their masters.....”

Grogar thought deeply, before standing up from his throne. “Yet....If just not being willing to cooperate and as I dare to repeat myself…There are lots of ways how to gain others loyalty and respect. Either we would do it easy way, or then rather….Hard way.” Demonic evil ram chuckled menacingly with malevolent intentions that plagued his minds and once again with his bell ringing and glowing, Grogar disappeared in a burst of light


Meanwhile, somewhere far away, in a Rambling Rock Ridge specifically, a rocky and rough terrain location, not so far away from Ponyville and deep under its surface, there was the entire system or rather a maze of underground tunnels dug throughout the earth.

There was though one enormous underground chamber that actually resembled more rather a room of sorts, with burning torches fixed on manually dug walls lightning the entire place up, as well as lots of different entrances, including a prison chamber with caged doors. Despite that, the entire underground room along with other tunnels were empty and there was a silent everywhere.

But suddenly a silence got pierced by upcoming steps echoing from one of the darkened tunnels. In the instance, a three pair of malicious scowled eyes, one green and two yellow ones appeared in a darkness of the tunnel as Rover, one of the Diamond Dogs emerged from the tunnel with a malicious and satisfied grin on his fanged mouth, holding a large full bag over his shoulder as well as Spot and Fido, two others from the Dogs followed their leader in his tracks having a full bags over their shoulders too.

The dogs walked into the centre of the dug room and tossing their bags to the ground, with a loud tinkling as several precious gems and jewels felt from one of the bags. It was no doubt that Diamond Dogs had just returned from yet another successful scavenging hunt for gems.

“Once again, another successful scavenging hunt, boys.” Rover stated satisfied with a low growling voice and picking up one of the gems with his huge paw and admiring its beauty.

“Yeah. This gets more fun every time.” Spot, the smallest from the Dogs agreed and patting his paw on one of the bags filled by precious jewels.

“This one has been much better than the last one.” Fido, the tallest and strongest one growled in a much deeper gruff voice, also sharing his companions satisfaction with their loot.

“Chm. Nice one, guys. Several more hundreds of these fancy jewels and we will soon be on our way to be the richest dogs around.” Rovers chuckled through his fangs and several more jewels by his clawed fingers.

“Finding precious gems and jewels is actually much easier when we are doing this all by ourselves. Especially when that fancy and weepy pony named Rarity had outsmarted us and taking every single gem from our treasury. We deserve nothing but a compensation for that.” Fido growled menacingly when he recalled a time, when Diamond Dogs kidnapped Rarity, who was supposed to find and collets jewels for them, but instead, the white unicorn was only complaining, criticizing and whining, which eventually caused the dogs to snap eventually setting pony free along with all jewels they had looted in their hideout.

“You got that right, big guy.” Spot barked in agreement with his taller dog companion. “You know the saying…If you want to do something right, you have to do it all by yourself.”

“Mmm. Proud words.....” Rover, Spot and Fido nearly jumped from their skins by fright and almost yelping like puppies in the process as they heard a deep, ominous and dark like voice echoed throughout the tunnel and the room that would literally send chills into others spines.
Diamond Dogs all together centred their attention to a tunnel where the mysterious voice as well as upcoming steps of the hooves were coming from. In the instance a pair of an evil red eyes appeared in the darkness of that tunnel and Grogar, an evil ram necromancer himself emerged from the tunnel, making his way haughtily right to the room, towards totally bewildered and slack-jawed Diamond Dogs who just stared at the probably the weirdest and even the scariest ram they probably had never seen in their lives suspiciously yet also seemingly being intimidated by monstrous rams presence.

“But I believe such words can only be understandable by judgements and views of the others.” Grogar huffed deviously by stating his own words of “wisdom” as he stood firmly, facing the Dogs.

“Who….Are you?” Rover, a leader of Diamond Dogs was the first one who dared to speak to Grogar, yet his voice somewhat stammered and bearing a hint of uncertainty.

“I am Grogar. The Necromancer warlord and ruler of nightmarish Tambelon empire.” Grogar introduced himself with the most boastful, authoritarian and proudest voice he could muster with a theatrical and somewhat dramatical demeanour that actually could match Trixies and assuming a firm and confident stance, yet there was also a malice vocally present in giant rams voice. “And believe me, I am not the one you would want to meet even in your worst nightmares.”

Grogar than shifted his attention right to bunch of bags filled by jewels lying on the ground. “It would appear that you have been busy, boys. Quite commentable. Because from now one, you work for me.” A monstrous ram stated offhandedly and with authroity.

Though, as soon as he said that, Rover, Fido and Spot though being still stunned by Grogars choice of words eventually recollected their senses and started laughing. “MUHAHAHA! Is that so?” Rover laughed contemptuously. “Boys. Show the old goat who is a top dog around here.” A medium sized bulldog growled and just like on his command, numerous other larger and strong dog guards, calved in a light armours and wielding spears with diamond like points marched out of the other tunnels into the room. The dog guards, growling menacingly, established a crouching battle stances and facing Grogar.

However, Grogar only growled menacingly with his sharp teeth exposed and denying an intense glare to his opponents which could literally resemble a dagger. An immensely powerful necromancer, emperor of his own kingdom and a super villain of Equestria style with a superiority complex like him, Grogar couldn’t withstand an opposition as well as ignorance. Yet, the ram managed to kept his demeanour stoic, calm and showing not a hint of fear from fierce guard dogs, standing against him, ready to lunge on him.

“Chrrm.” Grogar snorted both disappointed and infuriated alike, with an anger with monstrous ram broiling. “Alright....We will do this a hard way.”

In the same instance, seven guard dogs pounced to Grogar, barking with ferocity and aggression, with their fangs exposed and spears holding to ready, but unfortunately and for their own dismay, rams magical bell once again started ringing in its usual campanology like melody that echoed throughout the entire room and tunnels as well as being engulfed by its vast dark magic, which quite took an attention as well as confusing the Diamond Dogs.

Grogars horns than started glowing as he used his dark magic to stop three of the guard dogs in their tracks and lifting them up via telekinesis. The dogs were struggling in the mid-air, whimpering and trying set themselves free from evil rams telekinetic grasp thouhg for no avail. Rover, Spot and Fido, standing nearby away from the fight could only watch slack-jawed and with their eyes widened as Grogar slammed dog guards with his dark magic through the walls, leaving small cracklings in the process as the dogs felt to the ground whimpering in pain. "You have no understanding for the fraction of power I posses." Grogar proceed menacingly.

Other three guards assaulted Grogar from the right, yet demonic ram swiftly turned on his hoof and shooting the one dog after another with several dark magic bolts from his horns, knocking them down. "Sloppy." Grogar huffed by evidently not being much thrilled by Diamond Dogs efforts.

Grogar finally stood against the last remaining guard dog. Despite being seemingly frightened by rams robust and intimidating appearance, the guard dog still had a will to fight as he charged towards Grogar, which though appeared to be a foolish mistake.

“And….IAM A RAM!” Grogar yelled out in frustration, snorting fiercely, counting with his hoof into ground and he charged towards the guard dog with his head bowed down. The ram slammed into dog with his horns in a full speed, the impact literally send a poor doggie flying with speed of a missile across the room and crashing right into a wall like his three companions did and sliding down, whimpering painfully.

“You got to learn yourselves to respect an authority and have a discipline to your elders.” Grogar growled, scolding beaten guard dogs lying around, whimpering in pain as an evil ram shifted his attention to Rover, Fido and Spot who, still slack-jawed and unable to say a word, just staring who Grogar took down their own dog guards, who were known for their ferocity and fearlessness with relatively easy without sustaining a single scratch, yet they were slightly trembling in fear as evil rams evil glare was piercing them through. “Is it?!”

“Well…Eghm….We….” Rover dared to ask, though stammering a bit as both Fido and Spot were hiding behind their leaders back, with their tails downloaded.

Grogar only snorted by response, as his magical bell started ringing again and glowing by its dark aura and in the same moment, like by blinking of the eye, Grogar just like he did several times, though that time, Rover, Fido, Spot as well as beaten dog guards included, all disappeared in a flash of light.


Diamond Dogs than reappeared in a second flash of light, though much for their dismay right in the mid-air. Rover, Spot, Fido as well as other dogs started thrashing with their paws in the air frantically when they eventually hit the ground hard.

Grunting painfully, Rover along with his two companions managed to recollect themselves from the ground. They shook their heads to recollect their senses as they once again saw Grogar standing in front of them with a devious smirk on his face while bewildered Diamond Dogs, still unable to figure out what was going on, looked around as they realized the surrounding around them changed.

They were no longer in their underground hideout of Rambling Rock Ridge, but instead, they found themselves on a vicinity and courtyard of Tambelon itself. It was already too late as the sun was slowly setting down behind the horizon, which was actually giving the nightmarish kingdom even more creepy and terrifying by getting dark.

“Where….Where are we…?!” Rover, Fido and Spot stammered nervously as a foggy, deserted and frightening place literally gave them the creeps.

“Your new home.” Grogar stated once again in a rather offhanded like way. “Now, if you value your own lives....Follow me!” Grogar commanded firmly as he shook his head to the side, turning around and marched his way back to the castle.

Rover, Fido and Spot, seeing and witnessing how that Grogar guy had just defeated their guards with easy, there was no telling what else he could do, especially to them, so they decided to do not anything stupid or reckless to make a monstrous evil ram even more mad and so far, they played along for their own sakes as they proceed following behind as the other guard dogs did with a light whimpers.


Grogar walked downstairs of a spiralled chamber ahead, leading deep under Tambelons castle, with torches fixed of walls flashing his way and Diamond Dogs following him in process closely behind. Though still having no idea what was that all about, yet deep down they had a strange feeling about this. Grogar appearing out of nowhere in their hideout, asking them to work for him, defeating their guards, teleporting Diamond Dogs into some creepy and dark castle and now leading them somewhere deep under…It all was weird.

But, the worst thing of all was that they could do nothing about it, but playing along and wait how to entire situation evolves.

Finally, they all reach the bottom. It was a large underground chamber, lightened by torches fixed on the walls and there had been a huge stone gate with a Grogars head carved on it. Rover, Fido and Spot along with other guard dogs stood in front of and watching the gate with an interest.

“This my treasury.” Grogar stated smugly, with a pride matched in his tone.

“Treasury?” All three dogs exhaled simultaneously in awe.

Though withouth saying a word, Grogar merely slammed his hoof to the ground. And as soon as he did it and like on his command, a stone gate suddenly started lifting up with a loud cracking sounds of stone like wheels, revealing yet another set of cage with sharpened edges. The cage eventually started lifting up as well and revealing something that totally took nearly every air from Diamond Dogs lungs as they saw over hundreds, if not thousands of precious gems and jewels of multiple colours, forming several big dumps behind the bars in a huge treasure toom.

Rover, Fido and Spot could do nothing but stare slack-jawed, with their eyes literally gleaming by the sight of the sparkling sensation that was occurring in from of them, evident by their weakness for gems and jewels which they couldn’t resist.

“Observe.....” Grogar simply replied yet like boasting himself with his gems and jewels, put safely in a treasure room. He then used his dark magic via his magic bell ringing as he lifted three first class jewels of red, blue and green colour via telekinesis from the dump and levitating them right in front of still bewildered Diamond Dogs.

“No way. Are those….?” Spot murmured, watching arguably the most precious gems he had ever seen.

“Fifth carat ruby, sapphire and emerald?” Fido continued where his little companion left off, judging the price of the jewels.

“Those are quite rare and hard to find or to get.” Rover stated meekly, unable to avert his stunned gaze from the jewels levitating in front of them. He slowly reached his paw in an attempt to touch them, but they had all retreated back right to Grogars position.

“Not so fast!” Grogar huffed back in a scolding manner, holding gems in his telekinetic grasp in a safe distance from dogs. “Now listen up, all of you…” Evil rams voice suddenly turned more serious or even threatening, evident by his steadily declining patience with the mutts. “I am going to say this only once and giving you an offer of a lifetime that cannot be denied.” An evil ram proceeded cautiously. “From this while and as I repeat, you Diamond Dogs are in my services. You just might be useful to me. I could use your brute strength, teeth, your ferocity and….your hounds natural mention of loyalty.”

Grogar than levitated precious fifth carat ruby, sapphire and emerald closer to Rover, Fido and Spot, yet still maintaining a distance se they could not reach them and then we went on. “Look.....Lets just say I feel exceptionally generous and rather meciful for today. Which is rare by the way. And maybe those little stones may give you some motivation and willingness to obey my bidding. By that way….We would be all satisfied that way.” Grogar stated coolly, yet suddenly his bell once again started ringing, flashing with his dark magic as his horns started glowing as well with lots of concentrated dark energy more brightly and fiercely than ever as he centred his full attention to Diamond Dogs. “Otherwise…..You would be no use to me than at all.” He proceeded coldly, ready and threatening to blast the dogs.

Rover, Fido and Spot as well as other guards quickly looked at each other with considering yet terrified expressions. Knowing that they were in a serious and compromised situation, from which they couldn’t find a way out or doing about this. And by witnessing what a terrible power Grogar possessed as he even threatened to blast them to oblivion, Diamond Dogs had no choice but submit to Grogars will.

Though, on the other hand, rather by from instincts, they saw and admitted Grogar as a dominant, strong and superior individual, who took their every single guard like it would be nothing and now he claimed to take over a leadership. And yet, an evil ram even offered them a precious gems and jewels to boosting their motivation as well as to buy their loyalty. And that would be worth it. As well as being better Grogars minions, than rejecting him.

“Well…?” Grogar growled menacingly as his horns kept pulsing via dark magic. “How is it going to be? Are you with me? Or are you out?”

“Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! We are in! We are in, boss!” Rover, Fido and Spot were all bumbling and whimpering nearly incoherently, waving their paws frantically in a defensive way, accepting Grogars offer. “We will do anything you want! Just…Please don’t obliterate us!” They pleaded for their lives, which they had just devoted to evil ram.

“A very wise decision to make..... “ Grogar chuckled triumphantly, seeing and sensing their change of attitude, as his horns ceased to glowing with its immense dark energy and his bell stopped its campanology like song. “Now…Are there any questions?”

“Yes…” Rover dared to speak off cautiously for his dog companions with all the respect and subordination he could muster with his tail downloaded. “What are your orders….Boss?”

Grogar, once again snorted smugly, yet also grimacing a bit. “For the first time....Call and address me Lord Grogar. Boss sounds old-fashioned, inferior and rather not sounding much authoritative. And right now….Rover, is it?” Grogar addressed the medium sized dog and Rover only nod, that monstrous ram got his name right. “Tell me….Is there any more of you, Diamond Dogs and guards?” A necromancer asked with an uncharacteristically calm and calculated demeanour and with a curiosity in his voice as well as patting a hoof over his chin.

“Well…Yes…Lord Grogar.” Rover answered his new leaders and masters question, though a little cautiously, picking up his choice of words carefully. “There is actually lots of other dogs like us, scavenging for precious gems and jewels. But….” He suddenly paused.

“But…What?” Grogar growled, daring the Diamond Dogs havivng aby excuses.

“They are all scattered throughout the land, master.” Fido was next to explain the situation.

“Divided into small groups in order, to cover more ground in search for jewels.” Spot finished.

“Well…Then go out there and assemble them all!” Grogar ordered with utmost authority to his newly gained minions. “You got one day to do so.” He though, levitated precious jewels that he was still clenching with his magical telekinesis, giving a ruby to Rover, a sapphire to Fido and emerald to Spot. Three dogs accepted them without second thoughts, yet wondering a bit what for. “Take it as a motivation as well as other gems that might be yours. Well…It will depend on your competence and loyalty anway. Otherwise….No success...Only a punishment for failures. Is that clear?” Ram necromancer stated cautiously, warning the dogs what might have happen to them, if they would even dare to fail him.

“And one more thing….” Grogar suddenly amended with a last small detail, as all three dogs watched an evil ram cautiously, if not even threatening. “Whatever you do, don’t even think about running away of double crossing me. I can assure you that I have a very reliable way how to observe things. That includes…watching steps of my enemies and allies alike. It would be the your worst and also the last mistake you will ever do. ”

“Eghm….Yes....Lord Grogar.” Rover, Fido and Spot simultaneously replied whimpering in understanding and bowing into respect, humble, yet also more likely out of fear, better not even think about to disobey or betray their new ram necromancer master, evident by knowing what kind of great and rather omnious dark powers Grogar possessed and better not want to even imagine a horrible things he just could do to them if not following his bidding.

“Very well then.....” Grogar replied, satisfied that he made himself clear. He though watched the Diamond Dogs who were still just kneeling, like they would be expecting the orders, as Grogars demeanour suddenly changes by his brow furrowing into a near piercing glare and growling with his fangs exposed. “Why are you still here?! GO! BRING THE REINFORCEMENTS! AND DON’T COME BACK WITHOUT THEM! NOW!” Evil ram shouted on top of his lungs, which nearly shake the walls of the underground treasury and echoing through which literally send chills into Diamond Dogs spines.

“YES MASTER!” Rover, Fido and Spot all whimpered simultaneously, obeying Grogars orders frantically marched their way towards stairs and the guards following them in process.

“You guards! Hold it right there!” Grogar barked out, holding seven Diamond Dog guards in the process, who immediately turned to face their master and kneeling in respect and humble, while their former three leaders were long gone.

“You two, to the Throne Room. From now one, you will act as my personal guards. The rest of you….You three are tasked to dig a ditch all around the kingdom. And you two have a guard duty at the main gate towers. Understood?” Evil ram delegate the guard dogs with their own tasks.

“Yes, Lord Grogar.” All seven guards humbly bowed in respect with a slight whimper, before they marched upstairs just like Rover, Fido and Spot did.

Grogar watched as the guard dogs marching their way upstairs little hastily, couldn’t be more satisfied about himself. Just in one day, he had already managed to get back his old kingdom Tambelon, raising it from depths of the earth for three thousand of years and now he even had his very own personal guards and army composed from greedy, yet fierce and loyal Diamond Dogs.

With his newly gained and upgraded magical abilities via magical collar and bell, might of his own empire Tambelon as centre of operations as well as having a Diamond Dogs as his own task force, Grogar now represented a severe threat to entire Equestria and force to be recon with. Someone, Spider-Mane, Twilight and their friends had never encountered before.

“No place to hide. No place to run. The dark age of Equestria has now begun!” Grogar chuckled under his breath by his own darkest thoughts that plagued his evil twisted mind, before bursting into an evil and maniacal laughter, that echoed throughout the treasury room, carrying through upstairs passage right into Thorne Room as well as being heard from the entire Tambelon and its devastated surroundings.

To be continued…..

PreviousChapters Next