• Published 13th Sep 2016
  • 1,525 Views, 38 Comments

Spiders and Magic: The Harmony Avengers - andrew7



This is my very own unique story spin-off and inspiration of Maximus Reborn "Spiders and Magic" series

  • ...
21
 38
 1,525

PreviousChapters Next
Assemble! Part II

On Canterlot castles courtyard, within the gardens, Peter, still calved in his Spider-Mane costume yet without his mask along with Twilight, Luna, Spike and otherpony, including Spitfire were standing by his side around a small dump of freshly dug earth, which actually and strangely looked like rather a big early dug hole that was both dug recently and then filled in afterwards. And yet, strangely, it was located right behind thick bushes, making it perfectly covered and somehow likely on purpose.

“Oh my. What….is this?” Cadance nearly gasped in awe.

“How has this happened?” Princess Celestia gently and deliberately asked, yet not averting her light violet gaze from a ground dump, eying it with a wide interest yet also with a slowly rising suspicious on her mind.

“We discovered this about half an hour ago.” Unicorn guard explained, pointing on the dump of earth with his hoof, while everypony were checking it carefully, trying to figure out what exactly it might be. It was a way too late and out of schedule for garden keeping duty and there was no mention or planning to dig a hole in order to plant a new tree in the garden or something. It was strange and suspicious.

“Yet, we have also found this…...” A pegasus guard step closer as he handed a rolled rope with a small grappling hook fixed on one of its end on the grass, attracting everyponys attention and interest, although the stallion had his own suspicious. “We found this near the wall of the castle. It was jammed at the rooftop. Like….something or somepony attempted to climb on the roof earlier.”

Tapping a hoof on his chin, Peter was thinking the situation thoughtfully. “Chm. Either we are under attack of some giant mole pests, that were unleashed upon us by my old buddy Moleman right from Earth, or…..We had got some unexpected and uninvited guests without us giving them an invitation cards. Unfortunately.” Peter proceed with another with his trademark sarcastic remark, yet also furrowing his brow and being able to take matters at hand seriously.

“All things considered, I would rather stick with the option number two there, Parker.” Spitfire stated somewhat dully, like she actually had a little idea what Peter meant by his second guess after the first more sarcastic and highly unlike one on the first place, yet being rather interested in a grappling hook with a rope.

“This is really outrageous!” Shinning Armor spat and stomping with his hoof into ground in frustration. “Who would even dare to sneak into Canterlot Castle like that without a permission?”

“Hey, Twilight.” Spike spoke off with a somewhat suspicious voice, rubbing his chin and checking the buried pit carefully. It even looked, that baby dragon already figured out and having an idea who might do that. And yet, he wasn’t quite so far away from the truth. “Doesn’t this look oddly familiar to you?”

“You bet, Spike….” Twilight proceed in a near hissing, furrowing her brow in suspicious. Young alicorn along with her little adoptive like brother had a way more than an idea or knowing very well beside their friends. “The Diamond Dogs!” Twilight and Spike both jerked out aloud simultaneously, earning a series of bewildered gazes from others. Yet, Twilight and Spikes testimony could be more than justified or even truthful.

When they along with Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy went on Raritys rescue, as elegant unicorn fashionista was kidnapped by Rover, Fido and Spot, the leaders of Diamond Dogs to find gems for them. However, the jewel hunting mutts showed rather tricky and cunning adversaries as they were able to use their natural digging abilities in their advantage and quickly blocking all the entrance holes with earth.

“The Diamond Dogs?” Celestia, Luna and Cadance all blurted out simultaneously in an unpleasant realization.

“It makes sense.” Peter declared and placing his hoof over his chin in a thoughtful like manner in a fake imitation of Sherlock Holmes. “My guess is that the Diamond Dogs evidently dug their way here into gardens, then sneaking their way through the courtyard by obviously using trees, bushes or statues to cover themselves before obviously using this grappling hook to climb their way up to the roof.”

“Then….” Twilight interjected, completing her husbands detective like theory with an old good Watson style. “They must have used that Jammer device to emit those radio waves in order to mess up with Dimensional Dilation Accelerator and disturbing the portal…..And then quickly retreating back, though unfortunately they must have accidently loose that black backpack with a Jammer in their hurry.” Everything was steadily started making sense.

“Which actually confirms that Diamond Dogs indeed joined forces and works for Grogar after all.” Now Luna, princess of the moon intervened into deducting pairs speech, firmly giving her very own theory, her ocean blue eyes gleaming with determination.

Felicia on the other hoof scoffed. “Pchm! Figures that much. Sending some slow-witted goons to do a dirty work for him. This is really original. Just like old good Kingpin for instance.” However, a former cat burglar could do nothing yet chuckling deviously. “Besides…..Some spy those mutts are. Digging their way right in through the underground tunnel…..Oh please….Someone really needs a reality check. This had already gone out of fashion.”

“Hey guys…..” Sunset spoke off, paying her azure snow white maned friends rather unorthodox criticism about Diamond Dogs style of infiltration no mind as a bright realization flashed in the mares mind like monkfishs lantern in the deepest depths of the ocean, catching everypony including Peters, Twilights and Lunas attention. “Don’t you think, that back in the Everfree Forest, while we were fighting Timber Wolves, the third one of the Diamond Dogs….Rover, as his name is, could actually by lurking around, using the ongoing chaos and plugging that orb like transmitter on Logan on the first place while nopony of us hasn’t even noticed?”

Once again, Sunsets natural brilliance and brightness surprised the everypony standing around, yet Princess Celestia on the other hoof only grinned in a gentle and satisfied manner, not seeming to be that surprised at all. The Princess of the Sun was more than well familiar with her former personal students computation capabilities and obviously satisfied with Sunsets unique deduction. As much time she continued to spend with the group, Celestia knew that fiery maned mare would be a great deal of help for Peter, Twilight and the Avengers.

“You know……” Twilight nearly whispered thoughtfully and massaging her chin with a hoof. “That would actually by more than plausible theory. Good thinking Sunset.” Young princess of course and once again could do nothing but prize and compliment her yellow unicorn friends own ingenuity.

“Yeah….Great deductive and improvise thinking, Watson.” Peter smirked, quirkily yet respectfully complimented Sunset in his own way.

“As much Sunset might by actually right, this doesn’t make any sense at all.” Cadance out of the sudden declared somewhat sceptically, yet a spark of suspicious gleamed in her royal violet irises, forming into a slight grimace. “Why would Diamond Dogs be actually doing this all? What might be Grogar planning?”

“Mmm..….” Princess Celestia murmured as her brow lowered thoughtfully, diving deep into her mind, trying to understand evil rams motives and figure out his latest plot. Whatever it was, it must have been somehow and somewhat connected with that strange orb like receiver that Logan involuntarily and unbeknown carried into Canterlot castle, yet its true nature and purpose had yet to be revealed. However, sun goddess didn’t like the sound of that.

“And more I am thinking about it…..” Peter suddenly spoke off thoughtfully, as his voice surprisingly lacked any humour, judging he was taking matters at hand very seriously for a change. “The more this whole thing actually starts humming like one big set up.” Peter stated a little cautiously as everypony shifted their attention to Knight of Equestria questioningly. “It all begins to make a sense now.” Peter spoke off with a brightness sparkling in his chocolate brown eyes.

“It does?” Shinning Armor replied quite dumbfounded and titling his head, yet still needing to figure out what Peter meant by that.

“Just what exactly do you mean by that, Peter?” Princess Celestia asked with curiosity, yet patiently expecting an answer from Peter, not pushing on a subject, though also knowing that whatever young stallion was about to say, it would be worth it. In the instance, everypony around centred their attention to Knight of Equestria.

“Well….” Peter trailed off, yet of course once again feeling somehow a little uncomfortable by so many curious gazes being aimed on him, yet Twilight gave her husband an affirmative and supportive nod, which gave Peter a strength to proclaim his suggestion. “What I mean, that this whole entire thing has been one big set up. Somehow, Grogar must have learned about our intentions of bringing Logan into Equestria. And by that, he must have tasked the Diamond Dogs to sneak in and plant that Jamming device on the roof of the castle, whose low frequency radio waves then caused Dimensional Dilation Accelerators system to overdrive and accidently reshuffling the coordinates and creating a crack in a wormhole tunnel.”

“Logan than eventually arrived into Equestria, but unfortunately falling right into a Everfree Forest, where…..Yet other Diamond Dogs were waiting for him. And while we were way too busy fighting Timber Wolves, the Dogs must have used the opportunity of rage of the battle and somehow plugging that crystal receiver like orb right into Logans pants. It all had been perfectly planned and set up.”

By the time Peter finished his very own unique, yet remarkable and sensible deductive suggestion, everypony standing around found themselves starring in awe at young stallion with bewildered gazes, not knowing what to say, yet also hard to object.

“Chm, well.....” Felicia on the other hoof somehow scoffed, penetrating a while of silence. “Have you just figured that out all by yourself, or a great Sherlock Holmes has just given you that idea, Spider?” A former cat burglar didn’t forgive herself yet another of her quirky remark, causing Peter to groan slightly in irritation, like the mare would be actually scoffing Peters statement a little bit.

“Is it just me, or does it actually might make a sense?” Shinning Armor stated quite offhandedly, considering his brothers in law statement and unlike Black Cat, captain of the Royal Guards was rather more serious and even willing to believe Peters statement. Though it also needed to be confirmed.

“It indeed does.” Luna, however only found herself nodding, evidently being once again highly impressed with her best friends quick and logical thinking. “Once again….That is indeed a very unique view on matters at hoof from you, my friend. And yet so far, all things considered….It all actually perfectly match together.” Moon goddess stated thoughtfully, considering Peters words, then sharing a brief glance with her older sister, as Princess Celestia merely smiled in response and giving her younger sibling an affirmative nod.

“Although….” Suddenly Twilight interjected, bearing somewhat concerned or rather worried expression. “That would also mean, that whatever Grogar has been planning, Logan must have been his primary point of interest as well as target on the first place. And…..He even still might be.” Young alicorn procced somehow casually, yet showing a concern for her mutant friends safety.

“Princess Twilight.” Spitfire cleared her throat, addressing Twilight, yet strangely a hint of concern was present in her rough feminine voice as well. “Do you actually think, that Logan might by in some sort of danger?” Spitfire asked, yet slightly grimaced with her brow twitching involuntarily as Twilight merely nodded her head, filling captains of Wonderbolts own worries a bit.

“But, what would Grogar possibly want with Logan?” Spike asked quite clueless, yet still having no idea what Grogar the Necromancer would be planning all along.

Peter however, slightly grimaced by baby dragons offhand question. Spike as well as the otherpony might have no idea, but Peter on the other hoof quite had and tell truth, the idea about Wolverine wasn’t quite pleasant. Being naturally a mutant/homo superior, possessing a variety of natural mutations, like enhanced acute senses, enhanced physical attributes beyond the limits of any ordinary human athlete, having his entire skeleton coated with a virtually indestructible metal allow Adamantium, possessing a tree retractable Adamantium claws popping from his hands able to cut virtually anything and above all….Having an accelerated healing factor, that enables him to heal instantaneously from any injury, Wolverine was actually an ultimate weapon, a living fighting machine that by the way if posed in wrong hands/hooves, might be dangerous.

“Peter?” Twilight asked, freeing her stallion from his self-induced trance. “What is the matter?”

“What the….?” Peter murmured, shaking his head to recollect his senses as he snapped from his daydreaming and re-associating with reality. “Um….Nothing. I have just been thinking.”

“However..…” Shinning Armor suddenly intervened into a conversation, yet his face filled with suspicious as a late realization bloomed in a co-ruler of Crystal Empire mind. “As much as strange and unusual this situation seems, including Grogars great power and magical potential via that magical bell of his on his collar, yet still it does not quite explains how could he possibly learn about Logan and our plan to bring him into Equestria anyway?”

“Gesundheit.” Peter somewhat offhandedly and dully noted, yet also visibly being impressed by Shinnings remarkable and bright remark. Which by the way was a pretty good point thought as well as mares surprising statement took an unwilling attention of others.

Princess Celestia, on the other hoof, also impressed by former captains of Royal Guard remark, could do nothing but wonder as a thoughtful like look formed on Celestias face and snow white alicorn diving deeply into her mind, brooding and considering Shinnings words. And after a while, her large light violet eyes widened in a realization, like she would already figure out Grogars awareness about Logan.

“Auntie?” Cadance questioningly asked, involuntarily breaking her adoptive aunts train of thoughts.

“Fortunatelly........There is a legend about a mystical, yet powerful artefact known as Magic Mirror of Seeing. Nopony knows exactly details about its origins, yet legend has it that Magic Mirror of Seeing possess a powerful transmitting magic, enabling the one who looks at it to see and watch what he wants to see. Like ongoing events of things in the worlds or certain individuals they choose to see no matter how far and where they are.” Sun goddess explained with a polite and reserved like manner.

“Magic Mirror of Seeing?” Both Twilight and Sunset exhaled at once, yet slowing getting some ideas about the mention of the mystical artefact. “What a coincidence. I can swear that I rode something about it somewhere once. Its mechanism is supposed to function on a base of holographic projections that forms into images of what the person wants to see.” Light amber coloured mare gave a small mini-lecture about a magical mirror, that unfortunately was in a possession of evil Grogar the necromancer, that by the way could use it in his dangerous advantages any time and whenever he wants.

“Yes. I have heard about it as well.” Twilight replied in with an enthusiasm present in her voice, yet still managing to hold her excitement at bay. “Though….I have always thought it was just a mere legend, in this case it might be the only possible and logical explanation about Grogars awareness about Logan. By which by the way…..” Young princess than proceed with her voice somewhat strained all of a sudden, also filled with coldness if not even pessimism. “He might have a dangerous advantage.”

"More like a tv of sorts....." Felicia commented, yet though not sounding that much convincing, the cat burglars statement actually bore lots of sense either she realized that or not.

While everypony considered Twilights suspicions deeply and seriously, Peter on the other hoof of course and quite much for everyponys dismay couldn’t deny himself yet another of his trademark sarcastic remark. “Mmm. I wonder if that mirror could also tell him who is the evilest being in the world? That way this whole stuff might be on a pair with an Evil Queen.” Yet, the stallion chuckled nervously and soon started regretting his mention, as Twilight shot Peter a scolding and intense glare.

“Get serious, Peter. This is a very serious matter.” Twilight scolded Peter, yet this time and surprisingly being able to control herself from traditionally smacking her knights head with her nearly perfect accuracy.

“Mmmm. Twilight might be right.” Princess Celestia spoke off a little casually as her light violet gaze turned to be more serious. “Maybe it would be the best for of us to be more cautious from now on. With that mirror, Grogar could spy on us and anticipate our every moves before we make them.”

“I think we should better find Logan and consult the matters at hoof with him. Whatever Grogar is planning with him, it only lead to evil.” Luna stated decisively, yet her voice and well as expression was filled with concern for her friends wellbeing.

But suddenly and without anypony expecting that, a light green burst of light erupted several meters away from the group, nearly flashing the entire garden and causing everypony to shield their eyes. When the light faded, a tall and slender light black being stood on the place.

She had silky yet shining blue-green mane and long tail, jagged shaped horn on her forehead and a slender flower like crown with four light blue seeds popping from her maned head, two white fangs exposed from her mouth like a vampire, light green like exoskeleton covering her back with bright blue-green insect like wings, some light grey spot on her flank that by the way lacked a cutie mark and neck and having a green viper like eyes with vertical pupils, yet filled with nothing but sympathy and surprisingly kindness. If it wasn’t for her frame and appearance and sharing an odd or rather creepy resemblance with pony and insects, somepony might have even mistaken her for yet another alicorn.

Several years ago, somepony would consider her presence a bad news, but that was a way long in the past. Right now, she was a very close friend and ally of Peter, Twilight and everypony from both Ponyville and Canterlot. Queen Chrysalis, a changeling queen bowed her head in respect and giving a group standing nearby a warm and friendly smile despite her fangs and proceed trotting gracefully towards them.

“Chrysalis!” Both Peter and Twilight exclaimed cheerfully and making their way towards, both being evidently more than happy to see changeling queen.

“Greetings my friends. I am terribly sorry that I couldn’t take a part on your moment of bringing your friend Logan from the Earth, but I had had an important business to take care off in the hive.” Chrysalis gently replied and though feeling herself a little embarrassed, she was also more than happy to see and greeting herself happily with Peter and Twilight.

“Chrysalis.” Princess Celestia happily greeted and bowing her head respectfully to changeling queen and closing her gap between her. “What do we owe that honour for your visit at this time?” Princess of the sun stated politely, yet her tone immediately shifting into a more professional and dignified.

Whatever for what her fellow ruler came to Canterlot, it must have been something special or urgent, despite Chrysalis, along with her changeling subjects were always more than welcomed in Canterlot, Ponyville as well as everywhere in Equestria due to trust and peace contract the both sides, ponies and changelings established over a half of year ago, also thanks to Peters own efforts and doing. And surprisingly, it was all going more than well and much better than somepony would expect, both sides along with other creatures in Equestria living together in peace and even supporting each other.

“I am terribly sorry that I dropped by like this, not to mention this late and without reporting myself at the first place, but…..I have an urgent news for you.” Changeling queen cleared her throat as her tone surprisingly shifted into a more serious and urgent one, judging that there were yet other upcoming serious matters that needed to be carried on, arising everyponys attention along with a slight concern.

“Urgent news?” Peter spoke somewhat cautiously, wondering what changeling queen might have on her mind.

“What is going on, Chrysalis?” Twilight though asked with a concern filled her facial features.

“About an hour ago....” Chrysalis once again cleared her throat and going to the point. “One of my hives sentry were patrolling near the Crystal Mountains to be more specific and reported me that they unfortunately felt and detected a rather large disturbance of dark energy within the area. And though they couldn’t be sure, there are supposed to be ruins of an old castle in there. Maybe there might be a source of the disturbance, whatever it is.”

Chrysalis report immediately earned a couple of concerned and bewildered gazes from others standing around changeling queen. They all started looking at each other as a terrible suspicious started plaguing everyponys minds, like they would have an idea or already rather knowing what that dark energy like disturbance might be about, as well as Chrysalis had her own suspicious and watching her pony allies and friends with a concerned expression.

“Okay….” Spike spoke off a little casually yet with an undercurrent of sarcasm. “What is the worst thing it could be?”

“Grogar?” Peter offhandedly and dully stated the first logical hint that sparkled in his mind.

“Okay….What is the second worst thing it could be?“ Spike then murmured with a far more nervous or rather strained tone.

“Mmm. How about some of those Elemental like freaks being about to be awakened, as a worse scenario?” Felicia duly noted, not making the current serious situation any brighter with her quirky sarcasm.

“You are really not helping too much Felicia, you know that?” Sunset stated a little coldly, grimacing and scolding her cat burglar mare and instructing her to get serious a little bit.

“Everypony!” Princess Luna scolded her friends with heightened tone. “Don’t make any premature conclusions. We don’t know for sure.” She though spoke off in a more tranquil like manner, trying to be a little positive.

“Chrysalis….” Princess Celestia addressed the changeling queen with a more urgent tone as her usually gentle expression turning into a more serious and assertive one. “Do you say that the disturbance was located somewhere in the Crystal Mountains area?”

“I am positive.” Chrysalis stated casually, standing firmly behind her opinion, as well as having a full fate in her children. “My scouts are highly reliable and when it comes to dark magic, changelings have a very special talent to sense it, thought we yet cannot fully control or master it.”

“Hey, auntie!” Cadance exclaimed, intervening into the royal like conversation with a sudden realization. “Crystal Mountains. That is exactly the same place where we encountered Grogar at the first place.”

“Good point, Cadance.” Twilight agreed with her sisters in law remark. “And by causing that massive magical explosion on Place of Power over there, there is no telling what else Grogar might be planning.” Younger alcicorn stated somewhat coldly, yet rather not even wanting to think about what more evil and devilish things might be on evil ram necromancers evil, twisted mind.

“It might be quite possible. The badguy always returns to the scene of crime, always.” Peter declared a little casually, yet knowing very well what he was talking about. During his early days back on Earth as Spiderman and working as a part-time photographer for Daily Bugle, Peter undercover and cracked various cold cases, having a broad skills, knowledge and understanding of criminal underworld, including some illegal business and operations of one the biggest crime lords like Kingpin, Tombstone or Norman Osborn.

“Maybe, Grogar established a secret hideout in those old ruins in the Crystal Mountains or something.”Felicia stated deductively, massaging her chin with her hoof thoughtfully, which by the way sounded pretty logical.

“A very brilliant deduction, Felicia.” Luna acknowledged snow white maned mares surpsrising deductive thinking, which actually proved that destpite Felicias often quirky sense of humor and flirty attitude especially around Peter, the cat burglar was actually very smart, cunning and resourcefull when she needed to be.

“If it is true, we should better investigate. Maybe we could find some useful lead in there that could help us to find out about Grogars plots.” Twilight stated decisively as everypony, including the members of Harmony Avengers merely nod their head.

Luna shifted her royal blue gaze filled with determination to her older sister. “I will go with them, sister. You and Cadance return to archive room and figure out that orb like receiver before it might be too late.” Princess Celestia merely nod her head, agreeing with her younger siblings suggestion and so did Cadance.

“But, what about Logan?” Peter though objected, showing a wide concern for his still missing gruff friend.

“Don’t worry Peter. I will take care of this.” Princess Celestia reassuringly spoke off and shifting her royal light violet gaze to Shinning Armor.

“Shinning Armor. Would you please assemble more of our guards to search the perimeter as well as streets of Canterlot to look for Logan?”

“Yes, Your Highness.” Former captain of Royal Guard replied with the utmost respect without a hint of hesitation or objection, before sharing a brief yet reassuring and honest glance with Twilight and Peter and then turning to two guards standing nearby. “You have heard the Princess, gentleman. Lets go.” And in the instance, the taller stallion trotted his way out of the courtyard as the guards followed their commander in pursuit.

Despite his still a bit conflicting feelings or rather a grudge to Logan and his ruffian and rough attitude, Shinning was just willing to find him for the sake of his younger sister, who seemed to be harbouring a strong affection towards gruff pony as well as his brother in law, who was a long-time friend (all things considered at least) with a mutant.

As soon as Shinning Armor and the guards were gone, Peter shared a somewhat unreadable yet serious glance with Twilight, Luna, Spike, Sunset and Felicia standing around, yet like they simultaneously knew what was on their friends mind and instead of say a word, they all gave him affirmative nods with a determined and assertive expressions, showing that they were ready as well as having a faith in Knight of Equestria to lead them.

Knowing what must have been done and that the entire Equestria was depending on them, Peter only grinned deviously, taking his trademark mask that was hanging from his utility belt and pulling it over his face, with his horn perfectly matching on it and his deep brown eyes gleaming with determination under his lenses. “Alright than, Harmony Avengers….Lets do it.” Spider-Mane determinately closed his gap between himself and the group, before sharing a brief glance with changeling queen as a wide honest smile formed on his face under his mask. “Thanks for the info, Chris. You have really helped us.”

“You are welcome and good luck my friends.” Chrysalis returned her own smile on the fullest, wishing her friends a good luck.

“Please, all be careful and may the stars bring you back safely.” Celestia declared solemnly, giving her blessing to her friends, including Peter/Spider-Mane, Knight of Equestria, Twilight, her dearest and the faithful student and her younger sister of course.

“Stay safe.” Cadance wished her childhood friend and sister in law and her friends good luck, yet not able to hide a concerned look on her face.

“Wait.” Spitfire suddenly spoke off decisively and edging closer to the group with her light brown/orange eyes sparkling with determination and willingness. “I am going with you, guys. Because if anything bad happens, not to mention the fate of Equestria being at stake, then I want to be the part of it.”

Eying captain of Wonderbolds in awe and considering her assertive yet honest words, Peter calved in his heroic attire glanced on the Avengers who by the way looked quite surprised as well by Spitfires offer to help, yet they all looked at each other and….they would all mentally agree about this, they all gave Spider-Mane an affirmative nods. Peter then exchanged a glanced with Princess Celestia, Cadance and Chrysalis who also could do nothing but nodding in agreement, evidently being impressed by captains of Wonderbolts and Equestrias finest fliers willingness to help.

Spider-Mane then finally glanced back to Spitfire as a wide smile formed on his face under his mask, chuckling playfully and extending his hoof. “Wow. Thanks, Spitfire. That means a lot for all of us. Chm. Welcome to the group.”

Spitfire playfully bumped her own hoof with Spider-Mane and giving a Knight of Equestria an affirmative wink, showing that she was more than ready and willing to help the Avengers on their assignment. “Argh. It is nothing, dude. That’s what are the friends for, right?” She merely scoffed and pulling her mask over her face, with only her ears and flame like spiked mane pointing out and adjusting her trademark googles on her forehead.

Spider-Mane then glanced on Twilight, as his beloved wife and young alicorn merely nodded with a determined expression and somewhat smug grin, before glancing on his best friends, as Luna just mimicked Twilight actions, grinning deviously yet her royal blue irises flashing with determination and concentrating a large amount of her magic through her horn as a dark blue aura surrounded it. And though feeling a little and somehow tense, Peter could do nothing but grin under his mask.

Besides rescuing Logan from the grasp of fierce Timber Wolves, this was actually their first mission as the Harmony Avengers, despite being one member short and they would better not blow it. With Grogar the evil necromancer, Diamond Dogs acting as his own army along with Elementals about to awake from their eons lasting slumber, the fate of Equestria and perhaps the entire reality lied in Peters and his friends hooves. But Peter knew and stood behind his own opinion, that all what he was doing, like forming the Harmony Avengers as well as bringing Logan from Earth to Equestria to get a gruff mutant superhero on their side, as well as having a full support of his family, friends, like Twilight, Luna, Elements of Harmony, including a High Council itself, like Princess Celestia. Not to mention having Spitfire as one extra member on their side and in their team.

And despite having a partner and one member missing, it must have wait for then. But despite his obvious and justly concern for his gruff friends safety, Peter knew that Wolverine was a tough one, living on his own for a long time and survivor by nature, so he should be okay.

“AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE!” Spider-Mane yelled out on top of his lung, standing on his hind hooves and rising his right hoof in quite a poor imitation of Captain America, legendary superhero and long lasting leader of the Avengers, holding his trademark Vibranium shield, bearing a colours and resemblances of USA national flag and usually being himself calling out the trademark and famous Earths Mightiest Heroes slogan. Yet, it still sounded great and with a style nonetheless, which maybe even Rainbow Dash would find “cool”.

And as soon as masked stallion yelled the slogan out, Lunas horn started pulsating more intensively with her magic and in the moment, Spider-Mane, Twilight, Spike, Luna, Sunset, Felicia and Spitfire all disappeared in a bright of flashing light.

“Great Protector be with them.” Chrysalis declared meekly, giving her own blessing to Spider-Mane and Harmony Avengers and begging all starts on the sky they would be alright.

“We all must have a faith in them, Chrysalis. Spider-Mane, the Harmony Avengers and Logan are the Equestrias only hope. And Peter, including my dearest student Twilight and Luna, my little ister have my full trust. I believe that they can do it.” Celestia solemnly and calmly stated, yet deep down the sun goddess couldn’t ignore a twinge of concern that pulled at her heart. All she, along with her adoptive niece and changeling queen hope and having a faith in their friends that they would prevail and returning back safely.

“Hope so.” Cadance murmured with a somewhat strained voice.


Spider-Mane, Twilight, Spike, Luna, Sunset, Spitfire and Black Cat materialized in a flash of bright light, finding themselves somewhere in the middle which appeared a desolated wasteland of Crystal Mountains covered by a deep and chilling snow. The sky was clouded by dark grey clouds and there was quite a blizzard raging, with a snowflakes and freezing wind blowing, messing with Avengers manes, tails and scales in Spikes case.

“So, here we are. The Crystal Mountains alright.” Spider-Mane dully stated as he checked the local surroundings, reassuring himself that they were teleported into a right destination, yet being glad that his trademark mask along with his lances were shielding his face from a raging blizzard.

“We could have figure that out from the freeze. It is pretty chilly around here.” Felicia scoffed quite irritated, gritting her teeth as a freezing exhaled of her breath get its way through her mouth, suggesting a sub-zero like freezing temperature.

“I would rather be on Miami Beach.” Spike murmured, slightly gritting his razor sharp teeth and folding his arms in order to make himself warmer from a chilling freeze. Despite Spike once stated that dragons, with their natural ability to spit fire are fireproof, they obviously are not weatherproof. But then again, it also might by due the fact that Spike was still a baby dragon.

“Here.” Twilight gently spoke off, closing her eyes and concentrating her violet magic through her horn and in the instance, several warm scarfs of different colours and protective googles materialized in flash of light and wrapping themselves around the necks of everyponys neck and placing on their eyes in order to keep them warm and shielding their eyes from freezing blizzard.

"Thanks, Twilight.” Spike exhaled joyously as a warm from the scarf around his neck generated into his scaly body and feeling much better and relieved.

“Don’t mention it, Spike.” Twilight winked her eye playfully to her little brother figure, giving him warm smile.

“According Queen Chrysalis report, the old ruins where the source of supposed dark energy disturbance was located should be here somewhere.” Sunset stated thoughtfully as she placed her hoof above her blue eyes to adjust her sight more, checking the snowy surrounding of the mountains in order to locate something that resembled or looked like the ruins, but it was nearly impossible due to the blizzard, that was making it impossible for the Avengers to judge where exactly they were.

“Good luck with that, Sunset. I can hardly see a tip of my muzzle.” Spider-Mane sarcastically deadpanned as he could hardly see through a white snowing darkness that was surrounding them.

Suddenly, an idea though sparkled in Lunas mind. “Wait Sunset. I shall use my magic tracking spell. If there is any amount of sign of dark energy in the area, I shall sense it and point us to the right direction.” Guardian of the Moon spoke of determined, closing her eyes and her horn started pulsing with a dark blue magical energy. But before dark blue alicorn could proceed any further in her process, Peter suddenly step forward and halting his best friend.

“Luna, wait. Remember the last time when Celestia used that spell to sense the magical energy from that magical fallout and unfortunately got stressed out? Besides There is no telling what else that stuff might do.” Masked stallion explained, recalling the events about that night when a huge magical explosion occurred, dark energy, a Place of Power and Grogars arrival, warning Luna not to do the same, with no telling what other negative effects that energy might have.

Despite feeling a little dejected from her task, Luna along with everypony standing around could do nothing but nod, agreeing with Peters alternative and justifying concern, ceasing in her actions as the magic within her horn dissipated. “I deeply understand and appreciate you concern Peter, but, do you have a better idea?”

Spider-Mane only chuckled underneath of his mask, reaching under his costume into his utility belt and pulled his energy detector, the same device he used when measuring a quantum of magical energy in the air during the magical fallout. “This.” Peter simply and smugly stated.

“Of course. Your energy detector.” Luna exhaled in awe and recalling Peters use of sophisticatedly constructed device that could detect any form of energy waves and signature without any restrain or pressure. “That….Would definitely save some trouble.” Luna deadpanned, yet still keep working on her own dry sense of humour.

Spider-Mane made his way into his hinder hooves on straight up position and aiming his energy detector forward. The devices screen with green readings like waves was beeping weakly as Peter was scanning the surroundings carefully in an attempt to locate the source of the supposed dark energy disturbance, but so far having no luck. But suddenly, the devices beeping started gaining on intensity as well as volume as it soon became nearly uncontrollable. Peters face under his mask stiffened, holding his detector carefully in one concrete direction and taking a closer cautious look on the screen, as its readings were almost out of charts.

“Peter?” Twilights brow furrowed by interest and edging closer to her husbands side, making her way on her hind hooves as well, placing her hooves and leaning over Spider-Manes shoulder and checking the screen of the energy detector questioningly while everypony and dragon got their gazes centred on the pair, wondering what will be theirs scientifically gifted friends response.

“I am getting something.” Peter cautiously stated, yet still deciding not get too excited and better to reassure himself and having an absolute assurance. The Knight of Equestria then looked by the direction where was the signal the strongest, seeing a big snow hill in the distance and pointing his free hoof that direction. “According to my readings….The source of that dark energy disturbance should be…..That way.”

“Nicely done, Peter.” Twilight acknowledged her stallions doing and brushing her cheek over Spider-Manes masked cheek affectionately, before though taking another careful look around thoughtfully. “But still, the blizzard is way too intense for us to see straight and we still would have complications to know which direction to take.”

“Chmm. It is easy peasy, Princess Twilight.” Suddenly Spitfire spoke off a little smugly, yet a firm and determined expressions formed on Wonderbots captains face and pulling her pilot like googles over her eyes. “I will take a look.”

“We really appreciate your willingness, Spitfire.” Luna appreciated Spitfires offer to scout the area, yet the princess of the moon bore a hesitated and rather concerned expression. “But as I have said, that blizzard is way too intense and freezing. It might be dangerous.”

Spitfire, however not letting herself discourage stood firmly behind her own decision. “Princess Luna. No blizzard is dangerous or a problem for me. I am a Wonderbolt captain, remember? We are thoroughly trained as Equestrias top fliers and to handle any situation. Well….Almost any situation.” The mare chuckled a little sheepishly, realizing she maybe went a little too far.

“Come to think of it, we could really use a sky patrol.” Felicia, considering Spitfires suggestion carefully, yet the cat burglar had to support her Pegasus teammate on that point.

“Yeah. She may be our eyes and leading us right of the blizzard.” Sunset yet surprisingly stated and giving her very own part of support for Spitfire.

Luna questioningly shifted her gaze upon Peter, Twilight and Spike, who couldn’t raise any protest or saying something, instead Peter, Twilight along with Spike had warm and reassuring smiles on their faces, nodding approvingly and despite Spider-Manes mask covering his face, Luna could guess very well that even the Knight had no objections. Knowing that there was no point arguing about that with her friends and teammates, Luna shifted her ocean blue eyes to Wonderbolt captain.

“I still don’t like it, but….I cannot discourage or stop you when you are willing to help, Spitfire. Go for it.” Luna, despite still sounding a little bit concerned, the iron clad maiden encouraged tough pegasus mare on the fullest and giving her a supportive and honest smile.

“Just make sure that the blizzard wont dishevel your feathers.” Spider-Mane gave Spitfire a rather humorous/quirky advice to be careful fly flying in the blizzard.

“Very funny dude.” Spitfire snorted in quite an exasperation way, yet maintaining an amused grin nonetheless before crouching her frame near the ground and spreading her yellow wings like an angel. “Alright and the way I go!” Spitfire proceed determined and with a literally speed of a bullet, the pegasus mare soared into the air, leaving a small crater in a snow where she took off.

Spitfire proceed rising high to the clouded sky and despite the blizzard was still intensely raging, with snowflakes falling profoundly and a chilling wind blowing, yet the leader of the Wonderbolts was determined and thoroughly resisting the freezing weather element, trying her best to ignore the sub-zero like freeze temperature and waving her wings with a continual pace in order to stay on course.

However, watching her Pegasus friend struggling in the blizzard, a determined stare formed on Lunas face, her ocean blue irises disappearing behind a white glow as iron clad maiden concentrated her magic through her horn, spreading her beautiful dark blue wings and with one mighty flip, alicorn raised her frame from the ground airborne like an angle, quite for everypons and dragons awe, wondering what the Guardian of the Night was up to. Luna raised her left hoof and started having it in the air gracefully in a regular and considerable movements. And in the instance, the blizzards freezing intensity somewhat started diminishing, the snowflakes falling as well and chilling wind were steadily lessening when the storm eventually ceased completely. Luna was using her ability to manipulate and control weather, stopping the blizzard with her magic, making Spitfire rise easier.

However, in addition for changing the weather for better, the dark grey snowy clouds started subside, when they dissipated completely, revealing a dark blue ocean of night sky, with countless bright sky sparkling on it and a full moon shinning. Though, Luna also deliberately used her natural ability to make the moon shinning more intensely than it normally and usually did, shinning the area.

“Nice going Luna.” Peter exhaled joyously, praising Celestias younger sister for her doing, yet smirking and bumping Lunas side playfully with his elbow. “Though, I have always though that it is usually up to fate to guide heroes on their paths. Well at least I rode it in the heroic fantasy books or heard that way.”

“As much as very observant you may be my friend, the fate may be very confusing and not knowing which path to choose at times. So, it wouldn’t hurt to give him a helping hoof, don’t you thing?” Luna smiled and giving her friend a playful wink.

Eventually, Spitfire managed reached to the mountains peak level. The mare then placed her right hoof above her googles and started scanning the area from her post on the sky, using her naturally sharp sight with an addition of enhanced moon light that Luna provided to locate the supposed old castle ruins somewhere. And after a while, Spitfires dark orange eyes under her googles widened and a smug grin formed on her exposed muzzle through her blue costume as her gaze landed on some point of interest in the distance.

Spitfire then flew her way back to the Avengers waiting down, yet keeping her frame airborne in the mid-air as her teammates watched Pegasus expectedly. “So what, Spitfire? Have you found anything promising?” Spider-Mane called out aloud, curious if Spitfire found anything.

“You bet! Follow me you guys! You got to see this!” Captain of Wonderdolts instructed her teammates to follow her, before speeding her way flying by the direction where she saw something interesting, yet whatever it was, it must have been worth it.

Spider-Mane, Twilight, Spike, Luna, Sunset and Black Cat proceed galloping their way through the snow in a pursuit of Spitfire, leading them ahead. Peter though once again made his way into straight up position, galloping on his hind hooves instead, while still holding an energy scanner in his hoof that by the way was beeping stronger and stronger every second. “It is getting warmer.” The Knight stated through panted breaths, indicating that they were already close.

Within a few moments, the Avengers made their way into a high snowed hill that Peter indicated several minutes ago. Spitfire meanwhile landed on the hill and perching herself on it and prompting her teammates to join her side, like she had something very interesting to show them. “Guys. Take a look at this.” And she pointed her hoof down from the hill. The Avengers soon joined her flying teammates side on a hill and bewildered expressions formed on everyponys and dragons faces what they saw.

Right several yards down from the hill was yet another snowy wasteland surrounded by mountains, an right in the middle, there were indeed ruins of old, if not even ancient large dark-light blue castle sprawling in the middle, exactly as Chrysalis Changelings patrol reported it.

“I guess this is the place.” Spike stated somewhat offhandedly as he was watching the ruins with a combination of thoughtfulness and suspicious alike.

“What do you think, Peter.” Twilight edged closer and asked her knight cautiously.

“I am positive.” Masked stallion replied with a mild-mannered and reassuring tone and checking the readings on his detector that were beeping and being literally out of charts, indicating that whatever caused or being responsible for that supposed dark/negative energy disturbance must have been definitely there, inside the castle alright. “The atmosphere is literally overwhelming with the negative energy signature. And according my readings, the source it definitely coming out from those ruins alright.”

Hearing her husbands conclusion, yet Twilight, despite Peters concern and warning uncertainly used her magic detecting spell. An amethyst young alicorn aimed her horn right to the ruins, and checking tracks of magical energy particles in the atmosphere for a while, but soon the pressure from the dark magic became too hard to bear. The princess thought managed to cancel the spell and keeping her senses recollected.

“Twilight?” Sunset trailed, evidently concerned about her teammates and friends condition and edging closer to her side.

“Are you alright?” Spike joined his big sisters like figure side concerned as well.

“Twi!” Peter nearly jerked out frightened and placing his hooves around his wifes torso to help her standing still. “I have already tried to warn Luna that there has been no telling what the negative stuff might do.” Peter spoke off, his tone lacking any humour and concern filling his features at the fullest.

Twilight however, eventually recollected her senses by shaking her head and managing to regain her confident composure. “Its alright, Peter. I am fine. I have just wanted to check it out via my magic and I can confirm that your detector has been right all along. The source of the dark energy is indeed and definitely inside those ruins. Sometimes, the natural ingenuity may be way more useful than magic itself, Peter.”

“Boy. Tell us something we yet cannot understand without magic -- Ow!” Peter dully deadpanned with his originally concerned tone swiftly changing into his old wisecracking one, yet as usually annoying his mare, as Twilight indifferently bumped her stallions guts with her elbow to make him shut up.

“So, what are we going to do? Going in, if anyone is home?” Felicia suggested a little challengingly, prompting her teammates to enter the ruins.

Yet suddenly, Sunsets deep blue eyes formed into a scowl and gleaming with suspicious. “It sure looks like a pretty weird place for magical energy disturbance though.”

“Indeed.” Luna stated sceptically, empathizing with red-maned unicorns justified suspicious and staring at the castle ruins questioningly, yet starting to have a bad feelings about this. “Something about that place just doesn’t feel right.”

“I totally sympathize with you guys.” Spider-Mane surprisingly interjected and just like his teammates being a little and somewhat uncertain about this, his chocolate brown eyes under his lenses gleaming with determination. “But if there is a chance we could find some useful lead that could help us to find out more about Grogars plots, we have to check it out.” Peter decisively declared like a true leader, encouraging his friends.

“Right!” Twilight, Spike, Luna, Sunset, Black Cat and Spitfire all simultaneously declared decisively, agreeing with Spider-Manes decision.


“Wakie wakie time!”

Wolverine groaned as his senses were steadily returning as deep tough voice, yet somewhat mixed with growling got into him, snapping a ponyfied mutant from his rather involuntary slumber. He slowly opened his deep blue eyes, yet his vision spun, blurring further, struggling to make itself clear. However, suddenly something cold and fluid like liquid splashed over Logans face, a gruff pony nearly yelped aloud and an utter shock generated through his entire body. Yet managing to recuperate from his shock and luckily his vision finally managing to centre and holding still, thanks to a refreshing like liquid which eventually appeared to be a cold water.

Irony. This was already a second time when he fell unconscious, along with a series of previous weird events that transpired within one day, along with being transformed into a pony itself, then though having quite a happy reunion with Parker, Sparkle, Luna, Spike and others, which might be the only positive and bright experience for all day, but when finding out that it was all Parkers doings that he was in Equestria, the gruff pony got very mad at young stallion by acting against Logans own will and leaving the castle, only to be later ambushed and for the second time being knocked unconsciousness by a mysterious figure that was stalking on him. This day just couldn’t get any weirder that it already was. Or could it….?

Wolverine, blinked his eyes several eyes to adjust them much better as he was actually finding himself in a large darkened chamber, which looked more like an old and crumbling prison cell. However, Logan soon found and feeling himself somewhat restrained and nearly unable to move.

“Whut th'….?” Logan blurted out, struggling to move, but it was difficult and almost impossible. Right then, the X-Men found out that both of his front and hind hooves were restrained with a steel like chains being strongly fixed on a stone bricked wall.

“So….You are finally awake.” Suddenly a second, though a little higher and growling like voice echoed, as Logan with quite a surprise or rather if not even a little bewildered saw the one whose it belonged to. Right in front of him were standing Rover, Fido and Spot, the Diamond Dogs Trio stood around imprisoned Logan, yet keeping a safe distance and grinning deviously with their fangs exposed from their mouths.

“And just….Whut the hell yer supposed ta be, mutts? Th' welcomin' committee?” Logan proceed coldly with a snarling through his gritted teeth and eying three bulldogs, each of different sizes and being, yet strangely dressed in like tar black spy suits. Yet, was rather more disturbing were strange golden marks burned on their foreheads, resembling a scary ram head with horns within a circle. Yet, the tallest and the strongest dog, Fido was holding an empty bucket in his enormous paws, judging that it was him who splashed Logan with a cold water.

“Well…..” Rover as usually spoke off for two of his companions, reaching into his suit and pulling a small red sparkling gem from a pocket. “As you have already suggested, but yet, we are not just any usual dogs, you know.”

“That’s right. We are the Diamond Dogs.” Fido spoke off with his deep tough voice as a next in line with their gradual introduction.

“And as our names suggests, we are hunting for precious jewels and gems.” Spot completed the introduction with his turn and grinning smugly, as three Diamond Dogs leaders seemed to be satisfied with their somewhat festive or rather boastful introduction. Though, somepony, like Trixie for example might even be impressed by Rovers, Fidos and Spots performance.

“Right…..” Logan spoke off a little offhandedly, yet his tone remaining gruff and serious expression with scowl intact. “Th' mutts lookin' fer gems, huh? Chm. Whut is th' matter fidos? Runnin' out th' bones fer broth ya could burry and then juggle yerselves dirty later again?” Gruff pony scoffed a little bit, grinning smugly.

Rovers, Fidos and Spots fuzzy brows twitched by Logans snide remark as Fido and Spot slightly snarled through their exposed fangs, yet Rover, despite seemingly irritated as well, managed to kept himself cool and calculated. “A wiseguy, huh? Well…..we are also sorry for snatching you from that alley like that by dragging your underground, pal. We show ourselves up, for that being kinda our way.” Rover explained with a smug grin on his canine face, chuckling complacently before speaking off a little offhandedly. “And therefore….We had had our orders.”

“So…..Yer th' bozos who pulled me underground?” Wolverine growled menacingly, gritting his teeth to the core by Diamond Dogs of testimony, yet gruff pony still could do nothing but wonder. “And whut kind of orders yer babblin' about?”

“Now, now. You are just making things more difficult for yourself. Why don’t you just take a rest a little bit and making yourself comfy in those chains. You are not going anywhere in this moment.” Rover once again smugly scoffed, mocking Logans immobility, which otherwise would be the last thing the Diamond Dogs would ever do. With Wolverines aggressive and impulsive nature, the X-Men would rather pin the mutt to the wall and threatening him with his adamantium claws, which were such a deadly and intimidating weapons, that a mere SNIKT sound and seeing the blades shinning would already make the entire gang of thugs or even the biggest though guys tremble or even dousing their pants.

“Oh, I am gonna take a rest alright. As soon as I am gonna mop th' floor with those stinkin' furs of yers.” Wolverine growled menacingly as a small vein formed on his forehead and in the instance unleashing his adamantium claws with its trademark “SNIKT!” sound right from both of his front hooves as well as his eyes morphing to a shade of jet black, just like when fighting the Timber Wolves. All three diamond dogs hopped and nearly squeaking in fright by three metal blades popped out right from angry ponys hooves as well as being quite stunned or rather intimidated by Logans drastic change in behaviour.

And like it wasn’t quite enough, Logan started struggling fiercely with his muscles tightened, growling and grunting menacingly, trying to break himself free from the chains that were restraining him or attempting to slash them with his claws. For an outworlder being transformed into a pony, he was more like a wild animal than an actual equine. Though, more likely a savage dog. However, no matter how hard he struggled, he just could break himself free of reaching the steel hardened chains with his claws. Eventually, after a while and realizing that all his effort was no good, Logan stopped struggling, taking a couple of deep breaths as his eyes also morphed back into its usual natural blue colour.

“Just knock yourself off. The Griffon steel is one of the strongest and hardest substance in the entire Equestria. Even you with your enhanced strength cannot break it.” Rover scoffed, managing to recuperate himself and regaining some of his confidence as his smug and confident grin returned, yet out of instincts and self-perseverance keeping his distance from a gruff pony as far as possible.

“If yer so confident, than why do ya keep yerselves so away. Why ain't ya just come closer and say it ta me from eye ta eye, bub?” Logan scoffed as a devious expression forming on his face, yet starting having a strange feeling that whoever his unfortunate captors were and whatever they wanted from him, despite looking big, strong and creepy, they didn’t seem to be so tough as they looked like.

Right then, Fido growled menacingly, his yellow eyes gleaming with steadily rising anger and slamming his huge strong paws together. “Vrrrr! If it was up to me and you not having those fancy blades of yours, without them you wouldn’t be so tough by the way, I would multilize you.”

“Chm. Guess yer bark is worse than yer bite, ugly. Yet again, its still way better then yer dog breath…..Ungh!” Logan once again quirked, but unfortunately not having a chance to finish his sentence as Fidos massive arm clenched into a fist fell right across the X-Mens face hard, grunting painfully and spits flying from his mouth by the impact.

“SHUT UP!!! A large bulldog growled angrily with his exposed fangs gritting to the core and his breathing growing harsh and intensive, as his patience with gruff stallion was steadily declining fast, a bulldog was literally ready to charge on Logan and biting him.

Suddenly, though Spot interjected, trying to calm his much bigger comrade, yet it was obvious that even a the smallest dogs patience was steadily declining. “You may consider yourself lucky, because our master has completely different plans with you.”

“Master?” Logan who already managed to shake the blow blurted out quite in disbelief, yet once again chuckling provocatively. “Sure. Why ain't I surprised? Ya couldn’t be top dogs even if ya all stood of yerselves, by makin' nice dog tricks and beggin'.....”

Right then, even Rover lost his patience, as he had just about enough of Logans snide scoffing insults. Middle sized bulldog growled angrily through his fangs gritting to the core, reaching into a backpack on his back and pulling out some strange device, that resembled a miniature prod with an end resembling something like a tuning fork. Yet, in the instance, the prod extended itself as it resembled more like a pole weapon and small sparks of electricity started sparkling and generating through the tuning fork like end, before Rover swung with the prod and shocking Wolverine with it.

Logan screamed in pain of top of his lungs, his screams echoing throughout the prison chamber as the electrical current produced from the prods chargers end generated throughout X-Mens body. And the situation also couldn’t be helped neither, when having a skeleton lacked with a nearly indestructible metal, which by the way is according the laws of physics a perfect electricity conductor, much for Logans discomfort.

“Maybe this will learn you to keep that big mouth of yours shut, pony!” Rovar growled and huffing irritated as he slowly ceased in shocking Wolverine with his prod.

Despite feeling visibly bemused and weakened from just right getting something over unknown amount of volts of electricity and being forced on his knees and with his upper body hanging on two chains that were restraining his front hooves, yet his claws sheathed back all by themselves back into his hooves, a confident and smug expression formed on Wolverines face, as gruff ponys managed a devious grin, like he would be actually scoffing Diamond Dogs torture, much for Rovers, Fidos and Spots dismay and quite a shock.

“If ya mutts want ta ruin this Ol' Canuckleheads day, ya have ta try harder.”

“At least…..One thing with that I can actually agree with my enemies.” Rover, Spot and Fido gasped as a blood in their veins nearly stiffened, by hearing very well-known deep, ominous and dark like voice echoed from the darkness of the entrance to the jail room that instantly send chills into Diamond Dogs spines, as the bulldogs centred their attention to the entrance where the voice, as well as upcoming hoofsteps echoed and coming from. However, Logans ears on the other hoof perked on the upcoming sounds in interest and unlike the mutts, gruff pony toughguy didn’t seem scared or faltering by fear in the slightest. In contrast, he was quite curious who will appear in the entrance of jail chamber.

All three Diamond Dogs scrambled into a line of formation, kneeling and for their own sake bowing their heads down from both respect and fear. And in the instance a pair of an evil red eyes appeared in the darkness and in the instance Grogar, an evil ram necromancer himself, accompanied by two Diamond Dogs guards appeared in a doorway, making his way haughtily right to the jail chamber, approaching the Diamond dogs, who were seemingly intimidated by monstrous rams presence.

“Lord Grogar.” They all meekly addressed their dark lord and master in all the respect they could muster and trying to make an eye contact with a demonic ram. It was almost like a god would be standing in front of them. Wolverine, however kept his silence, yet keeping his grimaced gaze fixed on Grogar, eying and matching an evil, enormous ram cautiously, with his serious stone-faced expression intact, still unfaltering, not being evidenly intimidated or scared in the slightest.

Grogar glanced upon Logan, restrained with Griffon Steel chains to the wall as a satisfied and smug grin formed on rams muzzle, before turning his attention back to Diamond Dogs, his frame dwarfing their own significantly. “Good work, boys.” Grogar complimented Rovers, Fidos and Spots great efforts for capturing Logan. “For that, you will deserve a reward.” Grogar closed his eyes, concentrating his dark thoughts as his magical bell started glowing with a red aura of dark magic and ringing with its trademark campanology like melody and in the instance, three small precious blue, green and orange sparkling gems materialized in a flash of light, held in rams dark magic telekinesis. and levitation them right into astonished Rovers, Fidos and Spots extended paws.

“Thank you, Lord Grogar. It is a pleasure to be serving you.” All three bulldogs proceed simultaneously, humbly showing their gratitude to their master, while admiring a sparkling beauty of precious stones with their eyes literally gleaming with awe.

Right then, Grogar averted his gaze from his canine servants and shifting it right to Wolverine, an evil necromancer proceed trotting confidently and closing his gap between himself and the X-Men as he was just a several feet away and fixing his red demonic eyes on him. “So…..We finally meet….Logan. Or I shall better call you….Wolverine? The best there is what he does. Guess your own reputation precedes you.” Grogar spoke off with a smug tone, yet strangely addressing Logan with some sort of respect.

“Wow. I didn’t know that MY reputation precedes me even in a fairy tales wonderlands like this with talkin' ponies and mangy stinkin' mutts.” Logan dully replied accompanied with his trademark sarcasm/cynicism like attitude, ignoring an irritated and steadily enraging expressions the Diamond Dogs bore and growling menacingly, before making a full eye contact with Grogar, still with his stone-faced expression unshaken. “So….Yer th' so collaed Grogar guy that Parker, Sparkle and th' others were talkin' so much about. Feh! I thought ya might be taller.” Logan huffed seemingly unimpressed.

Logans blunt and indifferent statement earned a baffled and rather outraged expression at Grogar, which was quite uncharacteristic or rather unheard off someone so dark, evil and stoic like dark lord himself, his brow twitching involuntarily in irritation as an intense glare formed on rams face and gritting his razor sharp teeth as a growl echoed from his throat through his teeth.

Diamond Dogs, who though once again and visibly being irritated by Logans very sarcastic and rather acerbic sense of humour, they decided to kept their silence and better no intervening, yet even the mutts looked like somewhat bewildered that somepony would even had some nerves to talk with Grogar like that. By their own judgements, Wolverine must have been either very brave, or on the contrary very stupid.

Despite his slight frustration, Grogar managed to hold his tempter at bay, deciding to play to easy and cool….well at least for then. “One thing just cannot be denied to you….You have got guts, alright. But your rather uncouth and indifferent attitude amazes me.” Grogar stated with an odd mixture of respect and irritation alike. “Curious, though…...That metal, so called…..Adamantium as it is, is it indeed attached on your entire skeleton?” Evil ram asked with a devious curiosity.

“Well, why ain't ya just come closer and find out by yerself?” Logan huffed indifferently, still obviously not impressed with and being ignoramus towards Grogar.

“At normal circumstances, I would be honoured to learn something more about my enemies, so I could form proper strategies to crush them in the process. But, right now, the time is unfortunately not in my favour, so I am going to make it straight. I am about to make you an offer.” Grogar stated somewhat promisingly in attempt to attract Wolverines interest.

“Whut kind of offer, bub?” Logan once again bluntly replied.

“An offer of the lifetime, that by the way might be very hard to deny.” Grogar explained, being about to say something promising. “How about…..You would like to work for me? With your natural ability to heal instantaneously from virtually any form of injury, your bones being coated with a virtually indestructible metal alloy, along with those deadly metal blades of yours and not to mention your natural savagery and fighting spirit, you would be practically more than overqualified to be the greatest warrior in my army. That is exactly what you had been created on the first place, hadn’t it?”

Wolverines eyes suddenly and somewhat widened by Grogars last line of words, as memories started flushing through Logans minds like a raging river in a storm, bringing a dark and rather nightmarish flashbacks of a secret government experiment with Adamantium and attempts of creating an ultimate weapon by corrupted army officials. Though, Logan managed to tune those disturbing thoughts off and recollecting his senses. “And I shall accept, cause…..?” Gruff pony contemptuously replied with a snarling.

“Because….. With your own already miserable life being filled with nothing but betrayal, hatred, violence and suffering, not to mention having nothing much left or to live for. And yet despite still trying to stand and fighting for a right thing, you owe nothing to the ungrateful, cruel and indifferent world you are coming from, that be the way fears most of those like you. And the inhabitants of this world, ponies, dragons, changelings or griffons, not matter what you would do for them in a near future, they will eventually hate you if they find out who you really are. And with Peter Parker aka Spider-Mane, that kid had always been rather more like a torn in your side than an actual real friend to you. So, what is the point in all of this? Why don’t you just embrace your own primal instincts and accept what you had been created and born for?” Grogar explained with an unusually cold, yet somewhat smoothing, and tempting like voice, reminding Wolverine a horrible and miserable life he had attempting to persuade Wolverine to join him and being a top warrior in his army.

“Go fuck yerself!” Logan eventually after a while growled coldly, simply refusing Grogars offer in the instance as well as fierce glare forming on gruff ponys face. “And whutever yer plannin' with Parker, Sparkle and the others, stay away from them, or yer gonna be sorry.”

“I hate resistance! You have made a mistake, mutant. And it is YOU who will be sorry.” Grogar angrily barked aloud as his voice echoed throughout the entire jail chamber and sending the fills into Diamond Dogs spines. However, a demonic ram eventually and somehow managed to keep his outrageous mind at bay. Despite his evil, cynical and rather short tempered nature, Grogar showed a surprising level of self-control and balance in outrageous and intense situations.

“Very well then….” He surprisingly spoke off in a more calmer and calculating voice and turning to his dog servants, a smug and challenging grin formed on his face. “Boys, because our friend apparently doesn’t want to cooperate voluntarily, it looks like we will have to use other methods how to change his mind. What do you think?”

Fido and Spot merely grinned deviously with their fangs exposed as their yellow eyes formed into a devilish like glares, with Fido crackling his massive paws, Spot on the contrary exposed his razor sharp teeth from his big mouth resembling a vice, while Rover empathizing with his two companions, without saying a word pulled and activated the telescopic prod he used for shocking Wolverine earlier, as the electrical charges sparked through it tuning fork like stake and malicious grimace formed on his face.

“No.” Grogar calmly dismissed middle sized bulldogs idea, while giving his very own devilish/malicious like stare. “I have much better idea….” And in the instance, Grogars magical bell started glowing with a red aura of dark magic and ringing with its trademark campanology like melody, which by the way quite attracted Logans attention, listening to its weird melody and style cautiously and in the instance, a strange red orb with a small light blue bubbles on it and glowing with a dark-red, negative like aura, being belted by two pairs of black metal like belts, that were decorated by small light grey medallions with a strange markings that resembled those on Grogars belts and having a strange antenna like receivers of each side materialized in a flash of light and slowly levitating its way closer to Wolverine, who eyed the strangely looking bubble questioningly, yet out of instincts the gruff pony started having a bad feelings about this.

“Behold. This is my neurotronic brain drainer sphere. It can instantaneously remove every though and memories you had ever had from your mind, yet it also has a surprising secondary effect. It also can subdue or destroy free will of its victim, therefore brainwashing it and turning it into a mindless puppet. Who by the way will do everything and anything I command, being completely subdued only to my will.” Grogar smugly chuckled with his evil red eyes gleaming with evil intentions he stored for Logan.

“GRRRR! Why ya?!” Logan growled angrily, yet again a small vein forming on his forehead, as the X-Men unleashed his adamantium claws with its trademark “SNIKT!” sound right from both of his front hooves, his eyes morphing to a shade of jet black and once again started struggling fiercely, trying to break himself free from a Griffon Steel reinforced chains, but it was for naught.

In the instance, the so called neurotronic brain drainer sphere, started rotating its axis while levitating in the mid-air and suddenly, its dark aura surrounding it started glowing more maliciously and releasing a lighting like beam right onto Wolverines head.

Logan screamed on top of his lungs in pain, struggling frantically with his adamantium claws still exposed, chained to the wall and transformed jet black eyes disappearing behind a white glow being a as a dark aura of Grogars devilish machine started doing its dirty work for its master and creator, its dark energy started impaling and messing with X-Mens head and penetrating deeper into his mind. In the moments, a flashbacks and memories of Logans past that seemed to be long lost and forgotten started spreading in front of his glowing eyes, gradually falling in some sort of a trance. However, due to his stubborn and persistent nature, along with a naturally strong indomitable will, Logan started struggling and fighting back with his mind, resisting the effects of devilish device.

"What is happening?” Spot murmured with a combination of awe and uncertainty, as he watched ever persistent gruff pony struggling questioningly, despite of brainwashing effects of that Grogars sphere was having on who was once a bipedal alien/mutant.

However, unlike his canine henchmen, who were slowly falling to awe, if not even little worries, Grogar on the contrary and though also being quite surprised, was watching Wolverine with a wide interest in his red eyes. “It would appear that he is evidently trying to resist the effects of my sphere. Chm! How very noble, but that wont make him much good. He is a tough one, but he just cant take it forever. Sooner or later he will eventually succumb.” Grogar scoffed contemptuously and turning to two Guards that accompanied him with a stern expression. “You two, watch over him! When totally brainwashed and being fully mindless without a will on his own, unchain him and use the teleportation device from Lady Catrina to return back to Tambelon with him.” A monstrous ram commanded to armoured mutts with utmost authority.

“Yes, Lord Grogar.” Both Diamond Dogs Guards replied simultaneously with all their respect and obedience, though despite their helmets with Grogars mark blocking their faces, it could be felt a hint of insecurity in bulldogs expressions, yet they both obediently and determined took their post at Wolverine, with neurotronic brain drainer sphere still messing up with his mind with its brainwashing like dark/negative energy, yet the gruff pony grunting and resisting the effects.

“Rover, Fido, Spot!” Grogar then shifted his gaze and addressing his three lieutenants firmly. “You three are coming with me. We have some urgent business back in Tambelon to take care off.” Evil ram proceed in a frightening like manner, a malicious expression and devilish wide fanged grin forming on his ram like features.

Rover, Fido and Spot, however despite feeling a little uncertain about their master intentions, yet deep down having an unpleasant suspicious that whatever it was, it definitely wasn’t very nice. However, the bulldogs grinned smugly, obviously empathizing and obediently following their master in his tracks out of the jail chamber, leaving Logan behind to his fate being brainwashed, yet still hearing his agonizing like screams and grunting echoing throughout the jail as well as the tunnel.


Spider-Mane, Twilight, Spike, Luna, Sunset, Spitfire and Black Cat were standing right in front the walls of the old castle covered by snow and ice, gradually crumbling and breaking down by both freeze and decrepitation by obviously being built at ancient times and main gates, with yet surprisingly closed drawbridge, that by the way was sealed by strong and solid barricade of ice, arguably created by blizzard and freezing weather a long time ago. The Avengers were about and standing just a mere hoofsteps from discovering what was exactly the reason and source of the supposed dark/negative energy disturbance that Chrysalis informed them earlier. However and unfortunately with Logan still missing, the gang just had to do without their mutant friend for then. They actually didn’t have much choice. If Grogar and his Diamond Dogs goons were responsible for the disturbance, the Avengers had to check it out. With or without Wolverine.

“It looks like somebody or somepony really hadn’t been removing the ice and snow for a really long time.” Peter deadpanned under his mask while examining a barricade created from snow and ice blocking the entrance.

“The ice must have been accumulated by the blizzards and freeze over the years and unfortunately sealing the gates away.” Twilight logically deducted their current situation, yet staring at the ice blocked gates disappointed.

“So it seems.” Spitfire bluntly noted, empathizing with Spider-Mane and Twilights evident disgust with blocked passage, make impossible fort the heroes to enter the castle. “All things considered….We will definitely not get inside this way, guys.”

"Agree." Agreeing with Spitfire statement, Lunas expressions formed into a small grimace yet her eyes gleaming with determination. “We must find another way in.”

Suddenly Spike surprisingly step forward, making his way through the group towards the frozen gate like a boss with a boasting like attitude and clearing his throat. “Please guys. Stand back. Let me show you how it is done.” Baby dragon scoffed smugly, taking the deepest breath as he could and releasing a powerful stream of sparkling green flames right into an ice solid like barricade. Gradually and steadily, the ice started melting away by intense heat of Spikes magical fire breath with a steam evaporating into the air, when once an ice solid shield on the drawbridge disappeared and melted away completely. However, giving out a considerable amount of energy and breath, Spikes fire faded away as young dragon started coughed slightly and gasping for air out of exhaustion.

“Spike!” Twilight nearly jerked out quite terrified and rushing to her number one assistant, concern evident in her eyes.

“Are you okay, little buddy?” Spider-Mane placed his hoof on Spikes shoulder gently, being obviously concerned as well.

Finally, Spike eventually managed to regulate his breathing into normal and much for Twilights and Peters relief, a dragon managed both smug and reassuring fanged grin. “I am alright, guys. It has just been a little too much for me, that’s all.”Peter and Twilight though take a good look on the castle gates, which entrance by the way was now completely free from the ice blockage and having as satisfied expressions formed on Equestrias Power Couples faces.

"So, now what?" Felicia asked.

“Now…..Lets knock. By the Avengers style.” Spider-Mane nonchalantly stated, rising his front hooves, bending his forearms and firing two strands of webbing from his mounted webshooters as a sticky and like steel strong substance stuck on top of the drawbridge. In the instance, Peter took a firm hold and tightening the strands of his webbing, pulling as strong as he could, his muscles tightening, before the rusty and frozen chains that were attached to the bridge eventually broke by the pressure of ponified webslingers Spider Strength as the drawbridge opened and slamming into and shaking the ground with a loud “THUD!” and snow splashing around by the impact.

“I think you have knocked a little too hard.” Sunset dully noted, with quite a bewildered and surprised expression as she was starring unreadably at the drawbridge.

“What can I say. I just know how to make an entrance.” Peter once again nonchalantly stated, chuckling smugly before stepping on the side and taking pose and attitude as a real English noble gentleman. “Ladies first. Beauty before age.” The masked stallion nonchalantly yet politely, with good manners and the utmost respect and humble declared and raising his left hoof, though prompting the mares provocatively to go ahead.

Despite some of the mares, especially Twilight (excluded Black Cat) being quite bewildered or feeling quite embarrassed by their friends sudden and rather weird mood switch and having a crimson flushes on their cheeks, yet thinking nothing about it and knowing Peter only and always meant well, they all eventually proceed trotting gracefully on a drawbridge right into the castles gates, entering the castle.

Spider-Mane than exchange a provocative glance under his mask with Spike, as baby dragon grinned playfully, clenching his clawed hand into a fist and dumping it with Peters hoof, before two and only guys of the group went after ladies into the castle.


To be continued…….

PreviousChapters Next