• Published 13th Sep 2016
  • 1,523 Views, 38 Comments

Spiders and Magic: The Harmony Avengers - andrew7



This is my very own unique story spin-off and inspiration of Maximus Reborn "Spiders and Magic" series

  • ...
21
 38
 1,523

PreviousChapters Next
Magical fallout

Taken aback and quite freaked out by their friends sudden reaction, Twilight like a lightning rushed his beloved husbands side as Spike, Luna, Celestia and Cadance did with a concerned expressions. “Peter!” Twilight exhaled in worry with a concerned look, nudging closer and gently placing her hoof of Peters shoulder. “What is with you? Are you alright?”

Peter shook his head to recollect his sense, taking a deep breaths and steadily making it back into his hoofs. “I…Think so. But….My Spider Sense. It has totally gone nuts. Something I have never felt before. Like I had burned a ten-letters in my brain a sign: WATCH OUT! Whatever the upcoming danger is, it must….humongous.”

“But there is nothing happening.” Spike blurted out by Peters response, yet deep down baby dragon could not shake a strange feeling and being aware that something was about to happen every minute…..

“Goodness!” Suddenly Cadance exhaled on top of her lungs concerned, like she would notice something horrible. “Look everypony! What by the stars is that?” Pink alicorn pointed her hoof to a horizon.

Twilight, Peter, Spike, Celestia and Luna turned their gazes by the direction where Cadance was pointing her hoof and they all gasped for air by what they saw. A massive explosion occurred, flashing the entire distant area as huge, nearly a mile-wide dark cloud like smoke in a far distance on the west in a Crystal Mountains direction.

However, that was just not any ordinary cloud they had ever seen, that one was different. That dark cloud was actually a flashing by green light and magical sparks of evident dark energy. It actually looked like a some kind of powerful explosion of “magical origins” occurred in there and that cloud was a cause of the magical chain reaction. Something like a weak nuclear bomb explosion or what.

Though, despite the dark cloud was slowly fading away, its dark energy signature like sparkles were spreading throughout the air all around the area.

Peter and Twilight along with Spike and princesses watched the scene with bewildered and concerned gazes, with their mouths open agape and tension present in the atmosphere. Twilight, though first recollected her senses and gaining her self-confidence. “What….is that?” She trailed off, though still confused by a sudden unusual event.

“It is me.” Peter, who was second who snapped from his trance spoke out clueless. “If I didn’t know any better, that I would say that I have just seen a nuclear explosion in a Muruora nuclear testing, though in Equestrian style.” He blurted out bluntly.

“That was just not any ordinary explosion, Peter.” Princess Celestia closed her gap and joining stallions and small alicorns side and watching yet fading event. “That….was a magical explosion of an intense magnitude I had never seen before.” Celestia spoke off very seriously, her voice lacking her usual sensitive and soft tone, yet remaining calm and calculated.

“An explosion of an magical origins you say?” Peter trailed off surprised, his eyes widened and unable to supress his awe.

“I am afraid so, Peter.” Twilight interjected. “It is a result of an intense energy release from a deliberate magical reaction, which might be magic reaction among magical particles, fusion of different magical energies or multiple-phase combination of both possibilities.” Twilight explained in a scientific view.

“Honey. You haven’t actually re-shelfed the library, have you? You must have swallow it whole--Ow!” Peter stated sarcastically, though unfortunately for him, Twilights ever accurate hoof slap found its target and stallion clutched a back of his head with a groan. “Thanks for the lecture by the way.”

“Peter! This is serious. So stop fooling around.” Twilight lectured the stallion. Spike, though could not do nothing but chuckle by Peters quirky remark, yet Twilight denied a piercing glare like a basilisk to a baby dragon, making him shut up with a nervous grin.

“My words precisely.” Luna spoken up serious and with a fierce determination in her voice. “A magical explosion of such magnitude could have dire consequences. Not only a fallout from that magical smoke could cause a disturbance in a magical signature around the area as well as magical abilities of unicorns, but…. The mare paused as she went on in somewhat casual and strained whisper. “Such an events, like magical explosion had always been a signs of an imminent upcoming danger or disaster.”

Watching a distant smoke of a dark energy with concern, Cadance turned her attention to a white royal alicorn. “What shall we do auntie?” She asked.

Celestias expression remained serious, firm and calculated, focusing on the magical smoke spoke off decisively. “We should better get out there and investigate. I am rather more concerned what could have possibly cause that explosion. Such phenomena don’t occur all by itself.”
“Alright.” Peter proceed decisively. He reached to his green knapsack on his back and pulling his heroic attire out. The stallion put his Spider-Mane suit on skin-tight, placing his trademark web shooters on the forearm of his hooves, checking the cartridges of his webbing on his utility belt and finally putting his mask over his face as his horn wiggled through the mask hole on a forehead.

“It looks like this will not be such a short night as I have expected. Nothing is better than a little night excitement before good night sleep.” Peter, now Spider-Mane stated with a mix of joy and seriousness in his tone and slamming his hooves together, by which Twilight and Luna were somewhat thankful.

Suddenly, a late realization struck Twilight. “Princess Celestia? Are you actually….coming with us?” Young alicorn stuttered surprised.

Celestias expression lost its firm and serious demeanour as a serene smile formed on mares face. “Of course. In this case, you may need my and Lunas expertise on such phenomena, since we may have our own experience. Besides…..Something like that is really rare to expertise. Though, It may be also dangerous.” Sun princess spoke in her usual soft yet even tone.

“I want to go too, auntie. You may all need my assistance as well.” Cadance step forward, stating firmly, decided to accompany and help her friends, earning a warm smile and nod from both of Celestia and Twilight, who was more than happy to have her sister-in law be her side.

“But….Before we go….” Celestia spoken as she closed her eyes and focusing her own magic through her long horn on her forehead which started pulsing via a bright yellow aura. She than released the energy and transferred it right into Twilights, Peters, Lunas and Cadances horns, which pulsed by Celestias magical energy and then fading.

Peter was twitching himself unwillingly as Celstias magic came in contact and pulsing through his horn, yet as it faded away, the stallion felt it tickling in his head, rubbing it instinctively. Though, it was not that bad like his Spider Sense tingling. Seeing her husband somewhat reaction, Twilight edged closer to Peter and rubbing his cranium gently “Okay….What….was that?” Peter blurted out when the tickling in his head subsided.
Celestia smiled and giving a soothing gaze to Peter. “Don’t worry, Peter. I have just used a special protective spell, that should protect us and our magic from negative effects of that magic fallout. I know it might be a little unpleasant and tickling, but it will eventually subside.”

“A negative effects, you say?” Peters trailed off curiously. “You mean like a headache, nausea or being sick?”

“Well, nopony knows precisely for sure, Peter.” Twilight answered stallions question for her former mentor, with a somewhat nervous chuckle. “Yet, the most probable effects might be a disturbance in our magical abilities, magical overloads or even cancelling our magic for a limited period of time before it recuperates.” Young alicorn explained the best way she could.

Peter huffed calmly. “So, isn’t there a danger that by exposing that magical smoke fallout will turn me into a rock-like bulky giant, you into a stretching super-genius, Cadance going invisible, Luna having an ability to project lighting, and….Princess Clestia….being a living Pony Torch?” Peter stated humorously as he mentioned a funny comparison of Fantastic Four and unwillingly Doctor Doom, earning a puzzled looks from all three princesses, yet Princess Celestia looked bemused the most by Peters statement.

“Peter!” Twilight scolded ever witty stallion with groaning and denying an intent glare. “How many times have I told you to keep references like these to yourself? Nopony understands it but you.” A young colt could only grin unwillingly with a nervous expression as his wife glare at him.

Though, before the tension between the pair could literally be cut like hot knife through butter and going even further, Cadance interjected and putting her hoof on Twilights shoulder. “Echm….I believe we should be better get going.” A pink alicorn chuckled nervously as she managed to calm her sister-in law down.

Luna was watching the magical fallout behind horizon in a distance and then she turned to her sister with considering look. “Sister, there is a problem that we precisely don’t know the coordinates and where exactly the explosion occurred. So, I guess we just cannot teleport there.”

Celestia seemed thoughtful with her brow slightly furrowed as she was considering her sister words.

She was watching the horizon and then she stated. “You are right Luna. By not precisely knowing the exact location and without a hard concentration, the teleportation wouldn’t work. Looks like we have no choice but fly over there.” Celestia spoke off firmly, yet she turned her attention to Peter somewhat confused. “Though…I don’t know what about you, Peter….”

But, before Celestia could finish her sentence, stallion dismissively waved his hoof. “It is alright, Princess Celestia. I have my own way of transportation now.” Spider-Mane grinned somewhat smugly yet with a reassuring tone under his mask.

Stallion stood up on his hind hooves, pulled his costume up a bit, revealing his utility and pulled out a small device resembling a watch with a small button and a blue screen.

Twilight, Spike and the princesses centred their gazes on a strange miniature device curiously as Peter put it on a forearm of his left hoof. “Watch.” The stallion stated proudly, as he pressed a button. In the instance, that watch like device started making a loud beeping sounds.


Meanwhile, back in a Ponyville, everypony was already asleep in their homes. Though, in a Peters, Twilight and Spikes home of Golden Oak Library, a strange hissing noises were echoing from behind the tree, concretely the cellar, which Peter used as his own personal workshop where he was working on many of his inventions and works. The sounds resembled a starting engine.

However, the strange noises attracted the attention of Mayday, who was still awake in her room, reading a book, lying on her comfortable bed. A filly put the book aside and peeked out of the window curiously. “What the…?” She blurted out questioningly.

Suddenly, a door of the cellar opened all by themselves like on remote control, as a strange flying machine, strongly resembling a spider in a form of a glider of sorts, flew out, leaving a smoke path behind its engine thruster and flying its way right to Canterlot.

Mayday was watching a steadily shrinking glider flying with towards the moon and exhaling in awe. “WOW! Daddy and Mommy are definitely up to something.”


Back in the balcony of the Canterlot, Peter still in his Spider-Mane costume stood leaning on balcony railing with his hooves folded along with baby dragon and princesses waiting. Though Celestia and her niece Cadance were standing aside patiently and watching the horizon, it was evident the Twilights and Lunas patience was slowly and steadily decreasing every minute.

Tapping her hoof nervously, Twilight eventually blurted out with a stern gaze and annoyed expression. “Come on, Peter! Why are we just standing here? We have to investigate that magical explosion phenomena.”

“What is it that we are all waiting for anyway? You are just wasting our time.” Now Luna interjected, sharing Twilight steadily rising frustration from waiting.

Yet, Peter face under his mask remained intact, positive and calculated as he calmly rose his hoof and stated. “Patience ladies. It should be here every--” Yet he could not finish his sentence as his ears perked out on a distant yet approaching and well expecting sound. “Ah! Right on schedule.” Peter called out excited.

In the instance, Twilight, Spike, Celestia, Luna and Cadance looked up with bewildered expressions as the same flying glider shaped like a spider that flew right from Golden Oak Library soared through the air and started steadily hovering down via its button built-in jets on the balcony.

The glider was now seen in all of his beauty: The design of the glider was indeed identical to Spider-Manes trademark insignia, with eight blunt legs, two red eye reflectors on its head and having a light blue colour.

Peters grin grew under his mask as it even seemed touching his ears and hopping gracefully on top of the glider. “Twilight, Spike, Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadance, behold…..the Spider Glider!”. The princesses and dragon couldn’t manage a single world by their awe, only their jaws slacked by look of their friend standing on the glider hovering above ground.

“Is that…um….” Twilight blurted out confused, not knowing what to say at flying machine in front of her eyes.

“Yup.” Peter said crudely and simply. “A project I have been working on along with Mayday for nearly a week. You know how much she loves stalking and helping me out in my workshop.” Peter stated and assumed the proudest position he could muster on glider. “Beauty….Is it not?” Peter smugly patted gliders spider shaped head with eye reflectors.

Yet, with movements of his hooves, the stallion hovered on spider shaped flying machine closer to Twilight and kissed the mare affectionately, his lips softly interacting with hers. “Of course, it is not such a beauty as you are.” Twilights cheeks turned pink as Peters kiss was about to melt her down, yet she was immensely enjoying these moments with her beloved husband while Spike along with Cadance and Luna standing aside just couldnt help but just being amazed about Peters ingenuity and resourcefulness that apparently would never cease to surprise, along with Princess Celestia as the ruler of Equestria was also nothing but impressed about young stallions intellect that by the way was on pair with Twilights her the most faithfull student noding and smiling warmly.

Peter then took some altitude with his glider, flying beyond balcony railing with it a turning his attention back to princesses challengingly with a playful grin. “So are you coming…I mean…flying?”

Twilight only smirked as she spread her wings and soaring into the air as well Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadance did following. “Hey! And what about me?” Spike blurted out as he rushed to the railing and waving his paw over.

“I am sorry Spike.” Celestia denied a saddened look to baby dragon. “But the spell I had just used works only on unicorns and alicorns. Unfortunately, you are a dragon and you have no magical abilities. Therefore, there is no idea what the magical fallout could do to you.” Princess of the sun regret with a sombre gaze.

“But…But…” Spike stuttered in disbelief, before Twilight cut him out with a stern gaze in her eyes.

“Spike!” Twilight scolded her little brother like dragon yet her fierce glare quickly diminished as a concerned expression formed. “Please….This is dangerous for you. You got to stay in here. Contact Shining and let him send Royal Guards to secure the perimeter in the place of explosion as soon as possible.” She begged.

“Twilight is right, Spike. We will take that from there.” Cadance said, sharing her sister-in law own concern, smiling reassuringly.

Baby dragon opened his mouth to object once again, but while seeing Twilights and Cadances concerned expressions and somewhat puppy like gazes, Spike eventually gave him though quite distraught with a hint of frustration in his tone. “Ahh….Alright than.”

Twilight only smiled at little dragon, and giving an affirmative nod with Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadance and Peter. “Lets go.” A young alicorn princess stated decisively.

With the same affirmative nod, Peter only smiled as he shifted movements of his hooves on his glider and he flew away towards magical fallout direction in a distance and alicorn princesses following him in pursuit.

“Boy! This so great. Spider-Mane and the princesses of Equestria saving the day together.” Spider-Mane jerked out excited, earning embarrassed expressions from both Twilight and Luna with their eyes rolling, yet Princess Celestia and Cadance only smiled warmly by young stallion enthusiasm.

Spike watched as Peter, Twilight and royal alicorns slowly and steadily disappearing in the distance flying, baby dragon cursed under his breath in a frustration and disappointment. “Fantastic…..”


Spider-Mane, Twilight, Princess Celestia, Luna and Cadance flew their way throughout a calm and peaceful night, with a moon and stars on the sky sparkling their way out, Peter compensating a lack of wings via his new Spider Glider as a Knight of Equestria and Princesses of Friendship, Sun, Moon and Love were slowly approaching the area where a mysterious and sudden magical explosion occurred.

And they were getting closer alright, as Twilight used a magic tracking spell. Her horn was glowing with her trademark pink aura as magical sparks ignited from it, yet soon, a pain coursed through mares cranium as was forced to cancel the spell, rubbing her cranium in a slight headache yet luckily maintaining her frame in the air flying.

“Be careful.” Cadance flew to Twilights side and placed a hoof on the back of her neck, rubbing it gently. “Don’t overdue that with that detecting spell. Though we are both protected by the spell that auntie has put on us, the magical fallout from that explosion can cause a headache or nausea by sensing or detecting its energy signature.”

“Indeed.” Celestia agreed as her own horn gloved yet the light eventually faded. “Even for us alicorns this kind of magical energy fallout is a little too much to handle itself. The last explosion like this I experienced over five hundred years ago. And I got to admit that symptoms were not easy to bear by merely sensing or absorbing a small amount of it.” Snow white alicorn murmured under her breath.

“Yet, at least we know that we are getting close.” Luna sated flying near her sisters side.

Suddenly, a realization got into Peters mind. “Hold on, ladies.” The stallion blurted out, flying on his spider shaped flying machine as he gained a collective gazes from all four princesses. “I just got something that might compensate for your horns.” Peter reached under his costume into his utility belt and pulled out a small device.

Celestia, Luna, Cadance and especially Twilight checked a small device with several buttons, a meter like screen and two antennas, flying closer to Spider-Mane, as she kept up the pace with his Spider Glider. “What is that Peter?” Twilight asked curiously with her brow raised.

“This, is my energy scanner.” Spider-Mane chuckled under his breath smugly as he activated the device which immediately started steadily beeping and a small needle on a meter screen was balancing from side to side showing an exact numbers on the meter.

“See, this toy contains a miniature gamma camera that detects radioisotopes. It actually scans the air for gamma rays of or unstable energy and it can judge of its quantum. And since magic is also unique form of energy in Equestria, it should not be difficult to track down” Peter explained scientifically in an old fashioned geeky way, earning a puzzled looks from Twilight and three princesses.

“Eghm. May you talk to us Equestrian, Peter?” Luna asked sarcastically.

Spider-Mane chuckled nervously. “Echm..This little doo-hickey…beeps…when magic is near.” Stallion explained it in the easiest way he could. Though, in Peters case it also sounded a bit of humorous.

Luna along with Twilight seemed even more dumbfounded by Peters much shorter and easy explanation. “Well…Whatever.” A blue alicorn mare scoffed yet able to finally understand, though Princess Celestia grinned playfully by Peters simple version and her sisters frustration.

“A magical energy numbers from that fallout are totally out of charts, but….” Spider-Mane stated as he checked the local air for magical energy tracks, device beeping out of control, yet there was something strange.

As Peter was turning his scanner around for more tracks, suddenly, each beeping was individual and grew even stronger, as three strong signals were present in the atmosphere. “That is weird….” Spider-Mane blurted out confused in awe.

“What is it, Peter?” Twilight asked, being aware of her husbands confusion.

“You see, I am getting a three strong yet individual signals of that magical energy fallout. Cheek this.” Peter stated as he once again turning his scanner around and there were indeed three strong individual signals of magical fallout. “Yet, what is really strange that that magical fallout appears to be just divided into three separate parts and each part seems to be heading its own different way.”

Hearing masked stallion statement in awe and risen brow, Celestia uncertainly used magic detecting spell. A snow white alicorn was checking tracks of magical energy particles in the atmosphere for a while, but suddenly a strange feeling seized Celestia. Her violet eyes widened, her mouth agape, her fur nearly bristly and her horn pulsing fiercely with magical sparks.

Yet, Celestia managed to cancel the spell and keeping herself flying, yet she found herself in a slight dazzled and somewhat freaked condition as breathing grew sharper by the second.

“Sister?” Luna trailed, evidently concerned about her older sisters condition and flying closer to her side.

“Are you alright, auntie?” Cadance joined Celestias side concerned as well.

the spell eventually faded, evident by snow white alicorns slight dazed condition. Yet, the princess quickly recollected her sense by shaking her head.

Princess Celestia eventually recollected her senses by shaking her head and her breathing already getting back to normal. “Its nothing. I am fine.” She trailed off already in a calmer yet firm manner, blinking reassuringly to both her sister and adopted niece with smile, yet shifting her gaze to Peter and Twilight.

“You have been actually right, Peter.” Celestia stated. “There are indeed three individual smokes of the magic fallout from the explosion. And each of them is floating away by their own directions. But….” Celestia paused a little as she went on in somewhat strained and cautious tone. “I have also felt something else present in that fallout….something dark…..ancient…..and evil.”

Luna, Cadance, Twilight and Spider-Mane centred their bewildered gazes to sun princess. Though, in an instance a disturbing suspicious stroke Luna. “Sister. Do you think…..Discord could be responsible for that explosion?” Moon princess asked cautiously, yet knowing it was maybe way too soon to judge.

“No, Luna. I don’t thing Discord did that.” Celestia spoke of decisively, yet her voice somewhat strained and cautious. “But whatever it that fallout filled with, I have never felt anything like that in my life. Such…..Evil.”

“Well….” Spider-Mane who remained silent for quite a duration of time trailed off in a serious and decisive tone. “Since Discord is certainly and….exceptionally….not behind this mess and whatever it is, that is in that fallout, we might be glad that it is not our concern right now.”
“I agree with Peter.” Twilight nodded. “Our main priority is to investigate that magic explosion now.” The mare stated decisively shifting her gaze to princesses flying nearby.

“Right.” All three royal alicorns stated simultaneously in a perfect synch.

Suddenly, something down there took Peter attention. Masked stallion watched ground with a raised brow under his mask with a shock. “Ahm….I think you need to see this, ladies….” And he pointed his hoof down.

To be continued…….

PreviousChapters Next