• Published 13th Sep 2016
  • 1,523 Views, 38 Comments

Spiders and Magic: The Harmony Avengers - andrew7



This is my very own unique story spin-off and inspiration of Maximus Reborn "Spiders and Magic" series

  • ...
21
 38
 1,523

PreviousChapters Next
Training day Part I

The next day, on the outskirts and away from Ponyvile, somewhere in the middle of Whitetail Woods, Logan and Spike were finding themselves on quite a very beautiful clearing right in the middle of the woods with a rocky formation covered in greenery and moss and small spring waterfall of a clean water was coming right out of it, pouring into a small natural pool beneath.

Logan who wore his X-Men superheroic attire yet having his entire face unmasked looked around by carefully checking the surroundings of the nature as a soulful singing of the birds in the tree crowns and leaves rustling in wind filled his ears and a pleasant breeze of smooth wind breezed through his hair and mane, taking in all the nature around himself. Despite his stern, gruff and humourless expression intact as usual, yet deep down the gruff and seemingly impossible to be pleased like stallion just couldn’t get himself full of all that nature that was surrounding him. For him, it was more likely a home, away from all those crowds, overfilled houses and building, loud and sometimes dirty streets, as even a ghost of an honest smile formed over Logans features, grinning with a very strange and unusual warmth feeling was cherishing within the depth of his chest.

“So Logan…..” Spike trailed out, snatching Logan back into reality from his self-induced daydreaming yet also looking around with curiosity. “Why exactly did you bring me into Whitetail Woods? What is this all about?”

“So we had some peace and quiet, without anyone botherin' or disturbin' us.” Logan simply replied as he slowly shifted his attention to Spike. “So we could work on yer big and scally buddy alter ego issue. So, I though this place might be just fittin'. Th' fresh air will do ya well, ain't ta mention th' healin' power of nature itself, like boostin' th' mental well-bein' fer instance.”

“As much I am quite impressed by the way how idyllically you put and feel it that way, Logan, but….” Spike murmured somewhat impressed, although the doubts as well as slight trepidation along with dark thoughts filled and clouded his mind. “How exactly is this suppose to help my problem with my newly found alter ago, anyway? I mean….If I am weak and helpless against that great yet dangerous power within me, waiting to show itself and take control over me and turning me into that monstrosity once again, I am much more of a threat to my friends and everyone around. What good I am if I just cant control my own power….”

“Spike!” Logan though shout out Spike a bit, causing young dragon to recoil quite in a slight shock by the X-Men sudden unexpected outburst, yet Logan gently put his hoof over Spikes shoulder with his voice slightly tuning itself down. “Ya got ta take it easy. Th' trepidation, insecurity and fear are th' enemies that might take an advantage of and easily push ya over th' edge, givin' yer alter ego an easy chance ta take over again. Just like th' rage is a monster that burns within ya, consumin' yer entire being and eventually git th' best of ya if ya ain' find a way how ta balance and control it. And I believe, that I might help you with that.”

“How?” Spike asked, titling head to the side out of curiosity, though his voice slightly tuned itself down a bit by curiosity, like actually and being somewhat comforted by Logans words.

“By a self-control, discipline and trainin'.” Logan stated, slowly turning around as he closed his gap between himself and the pool of the spring, as the gruff stallion sit down, crossing his hinder hooves into a meditating like sit and placing his front hooves over his knees, yet shaking his head, prompting Spike to take his place as well by his side.

Spike who tried to mimic Logans actions, edged closer and sat down in front of Logans position although having slight difficulties to cross and fix his legs into the right meditation like posture like Logan did, earning quite an amused smirk for Logan before eventually succeeding in his task as Spike sat in a right position. “Lets begin with some breathin' exercise.” Logan suggested.

“Breathing?” Spike blurted quite astonished yet with a slight disbelief. “No offence Logan, seriously, but I am honestly and apparently having no problems with that.”

“That’s whut ya think.” Logan surprisingly spoke off in protest by actually trying to prove Spikes statement wrong. “Ya see, as much simple as it seems, there are actually various different ways of breathin' ya know, kid. Basically, most of us breath just from th' chest, which though seemingly normal, ain't actually that much optimal at all.”

“It isn’t?” Spike asked somewhat dumbfounded about yet listening Logans odd statement with an utmost interest. “I would have never thought about that….”

“Most of us express and experience wide array of emotions, complex ones as well as positive or negative within and through our chest.” Logan went on and placing his hoof over his chest. “However, negative emotions like fear, anger, grief or anxiety circulated through th' chest where th' heart is ain't good at all. Our inner energy may stagnate that way, cause th' circulation of th' breath ain't whut it has ta be via ain't breathin' properly via distraction, which might lead ta carelessness, mood swings, anger outbursts or anxiety. So….In the situations like these, its an alternative ta breathe from bellow, via yer abdomen.”

“Breathing by your belly? I….I don’t understand.” Spike muttered in a slight confusion by trying to find out a meaning of Logans statement of so called abdominal breathing.

“Let me show ya.” Logan calmly said as he closed his eyes, stretching his muscles along with relaxing his body, as he steadily took a couple of deep intakes of air through his nostrils, as much for Spikes utter awe, the X-Mens solid abdomen in the instance started pumping like itself, yet also in quite a rather bizarre way expanding and contracting itself in a regular and steady intervals, making an intakes of air in before eventually exhaling it out again in a tranquil and regulated like way.

“Wow.” Spike exhaled with his emerald lizard like eyes widening themselves, unable to conceal his astonishment about the act the X-Men just performed. “How do you do that?”

“Its called Pranayama.” Logan explained as he was finished with his little abdominal breathing demonstration. “It is an ancient breathin' exercise technique originated in India thousands of years ago, with th' that entire idea by breathin' via abdomen, in order ta clear th' body from any physical and emotional obstacles ta free th' breath and so th' flow of prana – a Sanskrit term used fer life energy. Yoga practitioners do it annually in their daily basis. It is also very popular at Buddhist and Tibetan monks who use th' abdominal breathin' techniques ta relax their mind and body before start mediatin'.”

“And I believe this just might give ya an edge, kid.” Logan went on, his voice though still gruff, yet it significantly tuned itself down, sounding a way more softer, deliberated and caring than ever, as usually gruff stallion, who apparently also had a way more caring and softer side deep down beneath his adamantium skeleton and rough demeanour, watched Spike in sympathy. “Th' best way how ta control yer inner rage along with other personal demons is when ya manage ta control yer own body. Control of th' mind, control of th' body and…..Control that inner dragon within ya, kid. Just try.”

Spike, listening Logans kind, noble and deliberated words that though sounded simple, yet bearing so much sense and wisdom, yet also unable to supress his own awe about this entire so called pranayama like breathing techniques idea along with a newly found level of respect for the X-Men and strangely with the dark and negative thoughts that a little while ago plagued his mind somehow dissipated and being replaced with positive passion, Spike merely nod his head without any sign of hesitation or restriction with a warm smile growing over his scaly features.

“Alright kid. Relax yer body and stretch yer muscles first….” Logan instructed, as Spike by listening his instructions fixed his meditative like posture, trying to make himself comfortable, stretching the muscles on his arms in order trying to relax and closing his eyes so he could clear his mind as well. “Now take a couple of deep regular breaths…..” Logan went on as Spike made couple of deep intakes of air into his nostrils as he slowly harnessed all the accumulated air right into his belly, evident which significantly blew itself up. “Now, use yer diaphragm ta steadily breath it all in and out.” Logan instructed further as Spike obediently slowly and steadily started moving his belly in pumping like motions, regularly inhaling and expanding his belly and then exhaling by contracting it, making a a couple of continuous and soothing like respirations, also feeling his pulse being steady and in normal.

However, taking an advantage of Spikes sudden inattention, Logan seemingly and completely out of purpose and for absolutely no reason swapped his hoof over Spikes cheek with quite some force, making a baby dragon to recoil sharply with a painful yelp by nearly knocking him out of the balance.

“OUCH!” Spike yelped in both pain and slight frustration, massaging his throbbing cheek what Logan had just slapped, quite shaken and dumbfounded failing to understand what had just happened. “Jeez! What have you done that for?!”

“Ya have just git yerself distracted kid. And th' distractions might be dangerous. A true warrior must learn how ta balance his mind and thoughts in order ta settle whut matters are important and those which ain't.” Logan explained, his words though simple yet again bearing a great deal of sense, speaking like a true master teaching a young student.

“Um….Okay.” Spike somewhat dully yet honestly agreed nodding his head, though still a bit taken aback by Logans sudden change of demeanour in something like a master and an apprentice like fashion, yet out of the sudden and like feeling himself encouraged by Logans words, the baby dragon grew even more determined than before.

“Again.” Logan instructed Spike to resume his breathing practice all over again, unable to defy himself a playful grin. Nodding his head in response, Spike re-established his meditative like sit, once again stretching and relaxing his body before taking a couple of deep yet steady intakes of air, starting pumping his belly again in exhaling and contracting like motions and exhaling again in a very circular and regular like rhymes.

Yet though just like before, Logan once again took an advantage of Spikes apparent inattention by once again swatting his hoof over Spikes cheek on purpose, making a baby dragon to recoil with nearly loosing his balance yelping a bit, breaking his concentration, yet this whole act was all the part of the training exercise.

“Focus kid. Control of yer body, control of yer mind.” Logan cooly instructed, trying to encourage Spike not to let the distractions overflown his mind and not losing his focus. Although deep down being evidently disturbed a little bit and feeling his pulse slightly rising a bit, yet taking in Logans advice and not letting himself to distract, Spike inwardly forced himself to stay strong and determined in order to keep his focus, as he straightened himself up in his meditating like stance and instantly resuming his breathing via his abdomen as his respirations as well as pulse got back to normal. “That’s it, kid.” Logan affirmatively spoke off as he once again slapped Spike over his cheek with another hoof, yet this time Spike already didn’t let himself disturb again, just remaining cool, kept focusing and breathing regularly. “Breath. Steadily…..”

However, unbeknown to both Logan and Spike, Peter along with Twilight, Princess Celestia, Luna and Cadance by his side were actually watching the boys training from the balcony of Canterlot Castle, watching the entire process via a telescope.

“Its very remarkable how Logan and Spike are proceeding with their training so far.” Princess Celestia calmly stated, her voice remaining even as ever yet though vocally bearing a hint of astonishment.

“Yet it is also quite astonishing and judging from the process how carefully and gently he is treating Spike, by trying to help him out. A bit strict, yet also fair nonetheless.” Cadance murmured while also witnessing the training routine via telescope.

“Indeed.” Luna had to agree with both her older sisters and adoptive nieces mutual statements, although somehow waveringly a bit. “For somepony usually that much straight-forward, no-nonsense yet also rather an uncouth ruffian brute, he definitely doesn’t seem to be entirely without a way more softer and gentler side, along with his heart being on a right place.”

“Speak to yourself, Luna.” Peter though huffed in quite a complacent like way, catching the princesses attention. “Back on Earth, when we teamed up on various occasions, he had never been this much nice to me first like he is treating Spike right now or Kitty Pryde, Rogue or Jubilee for instance while still being the part of the X-men, before though we gradually started getting along.” Peter though scoffed quite clueless shrugging his shoulders. “I really don’t know what might have been wrong between us?”

“Yet…” Twilight however considered deeply as she edged closer and taking a look into the telescopes eyepiece as she resumed watching Logan with Spike training properly. “The way Logan is training Spike is indeed unique. And though we still don’t know much about his entire background at all, yet…He evidently appears to have a great deal of life experience of his own, as he also must definitely be well-educated and travelled, as he was obviously amassing an intimate knowledge of many foreign cultures and customs.”

“I agree Twilight.” Celestia pointed on. “Logan is a very peculiar individual of an unplumbed depts yet also strange yet nonetheless unique views as well as considerable experience that he harnessed during his life as a traveller. Yet…..Their building relationship is actually nothing short of master and the apprentice like dilemma, when the old experienced and wise master is training and initiating his young student. Something like you any me once, my the most faithful student.” Celestia gently stated with a warm smile and affectionately brushing her cheek over Twilight by reminiscing those good old days when Twilight was just a little yet also immensely gifted filly unicorn, studying under Princess Celestias tutelage.

“More like Rocky Balboa with Mikey Goldmil, Obi-Wan Kenobi with Luke Skywalker or Connor McLeod and Ramirez for instance.” Peter playfully commented by comparison.

“I though got to wonder, what exactly might be the sense about that entire training at all?” Luna asked with her brow furrowing a little out of curiosity as she for a change took a look through the telescope.

“I believe that Logan is actually trying to teach Spike a self-control along with discipline.” Celestia stated decisively, attracting the other mares and young stallions attention. “It would actually make a perfect sense. The self-control along with discipline is indeed a very important trait in life, that enables us all to keep our emotions on check as well as making a right decisions and choices based on a reason, yet also must be tempered by wisdom and right judgements.”

“Simply put and just like about me…..With great power must also come a great responsibility. Spike was gifted with that great power of Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, either way by willingly or forcefully, yet he just has to learn how to use that power for good.” Peter declared his golden mantra personal moral code in a very solemn and noble way as the princesses around could do nothing but agree with the Knights saying. “Yet in Logans case, I believe that he would actually success in his task by training Spike.”

“Is that indeed so, Peter?” Cadance asked as she exchanged the look between Peter and Whitetail Woods in the distance where Logan and Spike were finding themselves.

“I really mean it, Cadance.” Peter merely and positively nod his head. “You see, during his time while still being with an X-Men, as a teacher, Logan was in charge of combat training the students of Xaviers Institute, as well as personally teaching other individuals in hand to hand combat, like Black Widow, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, Rogue, Storm and Colossus for instance.”

“I also believe that Spike is so far in a very good hooves as well I do believe that Logan would indeed make some progress with the training for Spikes sake to hopefully learn how to control his great power.” Twilight proclaimed, her voice sounded promising and positive. “So far it would be the best for us to give the boys some space and time to proceed.”

“Indeed. We shall eventually see how this all would go on further….” Luna stated decisively and though it could be hardly hearable, the ironclad mares voice was also filled with hopes and conviction that their gruff mutant partner would do some job well done for Spikes sake.


The days were passing, so far luckily and hopefully without any more danger or any Spider-Mane and the Avengers like emergency from either the side of Grogar and his minions, any other Elemental like rising threat or any other danger brewing behind horizon. Which actually quite played in Logans and Spikes favour, as they could resume and go on with their training even further, as the X-Men forced Spikes into a rigorous and challenging daily routine exercises from an early sunrise till dawn, yet with some occasional yet though quite short breaks for either catching breath, meal time or discussing the strategies. And Logan indeed showed himself to be quite a strict, demanding yet also fair instructor, not allowing Spike any gem snacks, joking around nor taking naps. Yet deep down and as it actually was all the part and intention of the entire training, the gruff stallion actually had a good intentions with his very own honest way as he demanded young dragon to give it the best he got and in order to become stronger both physically and mentally so he could reach his true potential.

“What have I told ya about breathin' kid?” Logan growled by scolding Spike a little bit while they were both having a rather very early morning long distance run on the road throughout the Whitetail Hills forest, with Spike who was being rather getting behind as a slight fatigue slowly started getting to him, evident by his breathing slowly getting ragged a bit. “Breath through yer mouth and rid them by yer steps.” Logan instructed without stopping in his run,

Despite Spike was obviously getting strained a bit by his teachers strict ways of teaching and also not being quite content by waking up this early in the morning, young dragon nonetheless remained submissive and obedient as by taking Logan advice, baby dragon took a couple of deep intakes of air, regularly breathing all in and out, as he actually managed to stimulate his breathing into a normal regular motions and trying to keep up the pace with Logan via running.


The next scene occurred at a large tree that was somewhat wrapped by numerous of green vines that Logan arguably picked back in the Everfree Forest as they were all sprung and tied up to stakes that were fixed to the ground all around the tree, forming something like an obstacle course of sorts, as Spike was swinging himself around, over and on from one vine to another one yet also steadily performing graceful rolls and sommersaults in the process with a surprising agility and dexterity almost like a monkey, yet Logan though on the other hoof was contentedly and rather lousily lying in a hammock fixed partly over a tree and over the dug stake on the other end, smoking a cigar in his mouth and carefree watching Spikes doings.

By shifting his momentum, Spike swung himself over the vine before releasing his grip and by forcing himself into one graceful roll by softening his fall on the ground as he instantly rolled back on his feet and maintaining a victorious and somewhat boastful pose in an attempt and hopefully impress Logan by his act. “Good.” Logan simply and indeed acknowledged Spike without standing up from his hammock yet taking a cigar with his hoof and releasing a smoke of tobacco from his mouth. “Now one more time.”

“But Logan….” Spike blurted out quite in both disbelief and slight protest, which though more likely resembled whining. “I have already been doing this over forth time….”

“No whinin' and hop in ta it, all over again!” Logan shot back a bit by slightly increasing his tone in a way more strict and harsher like manner, not letting Spikes groaning to soften him up in the slightest as the gruff stallion shot his apprentice an intense glare.

Sighing in defeat and though inwardly and honestly not liking this, yet also admitting he had no choice but submit to his master, Spike instantly resumed the entire exercise all over again from the start.


Sometime later, Spike was this time performing a series of push ups, although with Logan sitting comfortably in a deck chair, reading a book yet also relaxing and fixing his hinder hoover right on Spikes back like on some sort of footrest, making much for Spikes dismay and grumble the efforts even harder with an extra more weight on his back.


Later, Logan and Spike this time stood against each other with Logan standing on his hinder hooves, yet each of them held a wooden stick bo like staffs with Logans staff was over six feet long, yet Spikes staff was significantly smaller to proportionate his own size.

In the instance, Logan straightened his pose into an attentive like position before bowing his head and upper body in traditional martial arts like manner, prompting quite awed Spike to do the same, mimicking the X-Men action. Furthermore, Logan rose up his stick and started wielding it, whirlwinding and swinging it around in a very circular and graceful motions, like he would be ever growing up with the staff, us like he did with Ignus Solaris.

Watching in awe and amazement about his teachers own masterful doing, Spike attempted to mimic Logans movements also started swinging his very own miniature bo staff around, yet though somewhat unskilfully and clumsily with nearly loosing his balance, yet by regaining his posture, Spike rose up his wooden stick, holding it like a spear ready to pierce his enemy. However and without even seeing that coming, Logan swiftly swung his bo staff with a blur like speed, easily knocking Spikes stick off, disarming him with easy much for Spike shock as he dully stared as his own staff kept swirling and hitting the ground.

“Yer holin' it a way too tight, kid.” Logan explained while they were both standing against each other, with Spike once again holding his bo staff yet the gruff stallion rose up his own bo staff so Spike could see it properly, showed his little apprentice the way how to hold the weapon. “Hold it gently. Without any effort.”

“Got it…..” Spike nod his head affirmatively while trying to let loose his grip on his wooden staff a bit and not to hold it so tightly. “Gently….Without no much effort….”

“Lets try.” Logan instructed as he maintained a fighting pose and holding his staff in an defensive like manner. Spike by complying stroke first, thrusting his bo staff forward like a spear, yet Logan offensively swat his stick diagonally from right and blocking baby dragons attack by doing so and nearly bringing him out of balance.

“Slow. Attack slow….” Logan instructed with his tone tuning slightly harsh. Spike by merely nodding his head obediently regained his composure and once again performed the same thrust with his stick though this time a way more slowly and deliberately as Logan once again blocked his attack. “That’s better. Now lets try.” Logan instructed as he swung his stick in slow regulated motion diagonally from left, yet Spike rose his staff and blocked Logans attack from his right. Logan than for a change attacked from left only for Spike this time defending himself by twisting his staff from the left. Logan than swung around in an attempt to strike Spike head, yet reacting quickly, Spike ducked down, narrowly avoiding the swipe. Logan followed by an horizontal swipe from up, only for Spike rising his stick and blocking Logans strike, before Logan for a change this time did a sweep with his bo in an attempt to stumble Spikes legs, yet Spike nimbly leaped up by rising his legs up to his upper body, dodging the attack.

“Good. That’s good.” Logan honestly acknowledged Spikes effort.

“Thanks.” Spike thanked, being obviously quite touched as Logan acknowledged his progress.

“Attack! Again!” Logan instructed as they started sparring again with their bo staffs all over again in a very similar like way and movements, although this time in quite a significantly quickened like pace as Logan performed the same movements, swinging and striking his bo staff, yet Spike being a way more aware of his teachers movements as well as feeling himself a way more confident this time managed to block, counter and dodge every single thrust that Logan threw at him.

“Good.” Logan once again recognized Spikes efforts, the both respect and impression being vocally present in his gruff voice with even a ghost of a smile forming on the gruff stallions face, earning a coy smirk from Spike in return of his own. “Lets make a break.”

However, unbeknown to both Logan and Spike, high up on the blue sky, hiding herself behind one of a puffy cloud, Spitfire wearing her routine Wonderbolt drill sergeant uniform was although seemingly spying yet watching the boys training procedure carefully from the distance, yet as the rough fiery maned pegasus had her dark orange eyes behind her sunglasses fixed right on Logan, watching the gruff stallions tutoring and instructing with an utmost interest.


Sometime later, Spike and Logan where this time practising some target practice, by Logan steadily throwing pieces of wooden stick as projectiles and Spike on the other hoof was trying to shot them down with his fire breath. Logan swung and sharply threw a piece of wooden stick right up high into the air, while Spike took a deep breath and released his green sparkling fire breath in an attempt to hit it, although unfortunately narrowly missing as the wooden stick eventually hit the ground, quite for Spikes getting slightly awkward for his failure.

“Focus on yer aim. Not just yer flame, kid.” Logan instructed by giving Spike an advice to work more on his accuracy.

“Right.” Spike nod his head in agreement yet determined reading himself for another try to come.

“Aim….And Fire!” Logan yelled out as he swung and sharply threw yet another wooden stick up into the air. Spike, this time indeed focusing himself more on the aim by locking the wooden stick than his flames, breathed more of his fire breath out and this time indeed managing to hit the target as a wooden stick was literally incinerated and turned on ashes.

“Nice shot. Now try this one.” Logan prized Spike for a good shot indeed before throwing yet another stick by ab opposite direction as Spike being a way more accurate with his aim breathed more of his fire stream and once again managing to perfectly hit even the second wooden projectile, turning it into ash.

“Lets try th' rapid fire.” Logan blurted out as the X-Men threw this time not only one, but three wooden stick at once into the air, trying to make the exercise more interesting. However Spike, once again feeling himself a way more confident in his abilities then ever as well as this all exercise would be just fun to him, yet not losing his focus nevertheless, Spike shot more bolts of his magic breath out of his mouth and easily shooting each stick out of the sky one by another like they were ducks with a rapid fire and bullseye aim that even the ones like Hawkeye would be touched.

“Yer superhot, kid.” Logan once again acknowledge Spike efforts with quite an unusual hint of enthusiasm in his gruff voice, earning yet more of happiness and satisfaction from Spike, as baby dragon was happily hopping and almost dancing around out of excitement, quite and almost being on pair with Pinkie Pie. Logan however out of the sudden once again got that a very ood and somehow warm like twinge that was tingling inside within his chest, yet not knowing why, but the more the X-Men looked at Spike, the stronger that feeling grew, not knowing why, but the gruff stallion out of the sudden felt himself a way more closer to Spike then before with an pure affection.


Several hours ago the training session proceed further, with Logan this time standing right on his hinder hooves in a vertical position, performing a series of movements that surprisingly and more likely resembled tai chi, moving his body and front hooves in a slow yet very graceful, fluid and effortless like motions, having his eyes closed in concentration of his thoughts, with Spike standing nearby by doing exactly the same, by trying to mimic his teachers way of movements, although being somewhat little clumsy and finding his task somehow difficult to keep up.

“Release yerself, kid.” Logan calmly stated by instructing Spike without opening his eyes or losing his own focus as he was keeping up with his movements. “Concentrate.”

“Concentrate. Right.” Spike replied, though somewhat forcefully as he shut his eyes down while still performing his very own arc of tai chi moves. “Think….Think….Think….Think….Ow!” Spike was replying to himself by trying to concentrate, although a little way too much in the extent, only to be once again nonchalantly swatted by Logans hoof over head with his green scales. ”Ow! What?!” Spike muttered quite in both disbelief and frustration, massaging his throbbing forehead.

“Ain't think.” Logan simply though a little much for indifferently replied yet grunting slightly. “Yer mind is like that pool, distracted and bein' overflown with thoughts, cloudin' it.” Logans demeanour though just that fast immediately and somehow softened as his tone tuned itself down. “Quiet yer mind down. Be like that wind in tree branches and leaves. Try ta release yerself and be empty.” Logan in the instance resumed his arcs of graceful tai chi movements, yet also prompting Spike to do exactly what he was. “Sense th' vibrations around ya. Let yer inner self and instincts quide ya.”

“Got it, Logan….Being empty….” Spike murmured somewhat and little uneasily yet nonetheless determined and willingly resumed his tai chi like exercise, closing his eyes and concentrating himself. Yet though, this time by taking Logans advice, Spike took it or at least tried to a way more easier than before, via not forcing his mind that much, while indeed feeling himself to calm himself itself down, his body relaxing itself, his muscles easing themselves as his movements also seemed to get a way more graceful and effortless, feeling himself in sync with both nature and the universe, as Spike evidently made yet another step in his training in order to learn to control his power, as he kept moving himself gracefully, fluidly and without any much effort while practicing tai chi, much for Logans pleasure, grinning inwardly.


In the afternoon, at an early bring of the day, Spike was this time standing on a big wooden pole, over nine feet tall above the ground, along with several other poles of a different sizes being placed and deployed all around on the small clearing like some sort play/training ground that Logan personally designed and prepared as yet another part of the training, as baby dragon was yet this time practicing his balance, therefore standing merely on one leg and by rather frantically trying to keep his balance on the pole so he wouldn’t fall down, although obviously having a little difficulties by doing so.

“Tight yer core muscles along by strengthen yer lower body and base in order ta maintain yer balance, kid.” Logan who stood closer to the poles, being vigilant just in case Spike would accidently lose this footing and fall down instructed his pupil with a slight hint of frustration in his voice, yet remaining patient, calm and faithful in his young apprentice progress. “Use that tail of yers in yer favour.” Logan instructed as Spike by taking his teachers advice swung his dragon tail on the side and that way indeed shifting his momentum and regaining his balanced composure. “Good.” Logan acknowledged Spikes effort.

“Guess all that motivations is all paying all up.” Spike declared somewhat uneasily wiht his voice sounded a little strenuous while still doing his best to maintain his footing on the wooden pole he was balancing on.

“Then lets just push th' motivation a little bit more.” Logan stated with his voice although suddenly turning into a way more threatening like and a coy quite devious smirk formed over gruff stallions muzzle as quite for Spikes dismay, as the X-Men let out his adamantium claws right out of his gauntlets with a snikt sound and with a single precise and swift swipe he sliced the wooden pole like a kitchen knife cutting carrot.

“HEY!!!” Spike blurted out shocked yet being able to react fast enough to leap out of the pole just in time before it fell down to the ground, yet baby dragon safely landed on the second pillar nearby. “Logan! What is the deal?” However, his question was thoroughly ignored as Logan swung his deadly blades again and cutting the second pillar on Spike was standing on, forcing a young dragon to repeat the process to quickly jump over to another pole, only for Logan once again swiping it down the size and so Spike was jumping from pole to pole, yet Logan, persistent, was cutting them all one by another, parting the wooden like a living wood cutter, before Spike eventually reach out and finding himself standing on a very last remaining wooden pole, panting and inhaling erratically with a beads of cold sweat forming over his scaly face, yet though, remembering Logans training, baby dragon in the instance managed to regulate his breathing via pranayama technique Logan taught him.

However, instead of going after and being about to slice the last wooden pole on which Spikes was hanging himself on, Logan surprisingly sheathed his adamantium claws right back into his hooves through his openings on his gloves as much for Spikes surprise grinning contentedly. “Yer gettin' a hang on it, kid.” Logan once again acknowledged Spike, a satisfaction being vocally present in his voice.

“Hey Logan, if you have just wanted me to leap and balance among those poles, you just had to ask.” Spike muttered still quite both shocked yet frustrated alike, while still keeping his balance on the wooden pole.

“I could……But there wouldn’t be any fun in it, would it kid?” Logan nonchalantly replied with a load of sarcasm before though shifting back into his a way more strict and demanding side. “Now…..Ya just stay on that pole till th' sun set behind horizon.” Logan instructed and pointed his hoof right to the west side as the sun, being at the end of its regular daily voyage was indeed slowly setting behind the horizon of woods and mountains.

“What!? That long?” Spike blurted on with both disbelief and vain as he turned around to see the sun setting, which apparently would take one more hour to set down completely. “Logan…..”

“Ain't sweat it kid.” Logan however replied with a more positive and promising tone. “When th' sun sets, come down and just return back inta camp. There is gonna be th' surprise waitin' fer ya.”

“Surprise? What surprise?” Spike blurted in awe and out of excitement, though nearly loosing his footing in the process yet by instinctively shifting his tail aside, he once again managed to regain balance on the pole.

“If ya tell ya, it is not gonna by any surprise.” Logan dully replied, picked up some of the cut pieces of wooden pillars that he sliced with his claws, turned around and being about to leave. “Now just keep it up. And better ain't take it forever.

“Not funny….” Spike dully, more exasperated so replied as he though could do nothing but watching Logan without saying no more word disappearing in the woods before shifting his glance to the sunset on the horizon, Spike released an exasperated sigh from his mouth, being more than aware it would obviously take about an hour before it would eventually set down completely. Nevertheless yet though remaining faithful and exemplary, Spike merely sighed again as he maintained his balancing like posture, standing on one leg, yet using his free left leg, his arms spread along with his tail to maintain his balance and equilibrium.


An entire hour indeed had passed, yet the dawn finally came as sun finally and eventually set behind the woods and mountains, as the shadows and darkness started to spread over the land before the reign night yet to come, though the dawns look remained as beautiful as ever, with an afterglow shining, some of the clouds taking pinkish colour along with the last warm rays of the sun were still flashing from behind the horizon.

Yet much for Spikes inward relief, that was exactly the time he was waiting all along. Baby dragon sighed as he finally could climb down from the remaining wooden pole, although somewhat hardly as while touching the solid ground again after quite a while, slight jolts of pain rushed right into his legs, evident by having them all stiffened via maintaining his equilibrium for such a long time.

Yet using the rest of his remaining strength that was left in him, Spike proceed walking thought with a slight limping back into the forest. He was evidently exhausted, feeling his lids of his eyes out of the sudden growing heavier, bearing a gloomy like look on his face and being quite on the brink of his strength, evident by the all days harsh training along with Logan as his instructor.

Yet, Spike saw a small light in the distance of the darkness throughout the trees. Spike kept walking after the light as a curiosity associated with him as he finally make his way out of the woods, finding himself back on the clearing as much for his awe, Spike saw Logan who sitting contentedly at the campfire that he made from cut woods, obviously pondering of his thoughts yet also sipping a liquid from a cup like bowl.

“Yer late, kid.” Logan noted in quite a simply like way as he spot Spike with an edge of his eye without averting his gaze from fire and finishing a gulp of his drink.

“Maybe you should try to stand an entire hour on one leg, keeping your balance and then you should feel how stiffen you really get.” Spike muttered, an exasperation being vocally present in his voice before sitting next to Logan yet young dragon was massaging his buttocks as he still could feel some pain echoing via his body being stiffened.

“Sorry ta hear that.” Logan dully replied as his expression turned into a somewhat humourless and unreadable, much Spikes dismay, inwardly expecting a scold or even worse an extra last night training that Logan might have instored for him, yet on the contrary and much for Spikes awe, just that fast Logans demeanour softened itself a bit as a gruff stallion managed quite a playful chuckle.

“Yer a faithful and exemplary student Spike. Ya git a spirit, learnin' fast and yer abilities and progress are gettin' better each day. And fer that, I have decided ta give you a small credit fer yer efforts.” Logan replied, his smile intact before pulling out a small box that he must have brought along while Spike was still practicing his dexterity, which attracted Spikes attention. Yet, Logan opened the box and much for Spikes awe revealing a strange yet unique small white balls over seven pieces, by seemingly made out of dough, evident by their ends being wrapped up together, something like a strudel of sort.

“Wow. What is it?” Spike murmured while having his emerald green eyes that were literally gleaming with curiosity fixed on the strangely prepared dough balls, yet in the instance a very pleasant and nice smell of a roasted vegetable along with meat and spice came across Spike nose, sniffing and judging that whatever the food was, it definitely smelled good and seemingly very tasty.

“They are called steamed buns, or also much so as Baozi in Chinas cuisine, kid.” Logan explained while earning a confused gaze from Spike as he dully blinked his eyes in disbelief. “They are made out of th' cloud-like steamed bread or bun, bein' prepared with a variation of different fillings, like veggies as a traditional Chinese bok choy fer example or with a combination of meat, spice and sauce. Its something like an old good hotdog back in Amercia in comparison.” Logan than grabbed one bun out of the box and with a taste took a bite, chewing the treat with an obvious enjoyment. “Have some. They are quite good.”

Not letting himself being asked twice, Spike took one of the buns as he was staring at the dough steamed like treat of Chinese origins curiously by clearing his nostrils as he caught a very aromatic and pleasant smell that was coming right out of the pastry and carefully started chewing. Yet, dully shrugging his shoulders Spike eventually opened his mouth and taking a bite of the steamed bun with his razors sharp teeth. And in the instance, baby dragons emerald green eyes shot wide open as he felt a delicious taste of roasted meat along with vegetable, spice and sweet-sour sauce, swelling and melting in his mouth, as he gulped the bite it with a great taste before also putting the whole steamed bun right into his mouth, chewing and chomping viciously, eventually gulping before releasing a loud and rather disgusting like burp that nearly echoed thought the entire woods.

“Ya like it?” Logan playfully smirked, being obviously more than impressed by Spikes burping effort.

“Logan, they are totally delicious! I never thought I would taste anything better than jewels or cupcakes, but this is amazing!” Spike joyously exclaimed unable to supress his excitement about a new kind of food that was though strange and alien from another world, yet baby dragon found in delicious and tasty by the first try. “Um….Are you going to eat it?”

“Help yerself, kid. They are all fer ya, fer yer all yer effort.” Logan chuckled by gladly and seemingly willingly taking over the entire steamed bun box to Spike without any signs of hesitation so he could eat enough, as Spike joyously squeaked as he took the entire box and started eating up all the remaining steamed buns, chomping and gobbling them viciously like a savage animal. “Ya need ta eat well so th' outer-world wouldn’t eat ya. Does th' outer-world cares fer those who keep stuffin' themselves?” Logan stated with a surprisingly and rather odd more humorous like attitude before bursting into quite an amused laughter, which was quite odd and rather extremely out of the character for someone so gloomy, gruff and no-nonsense like Wolverine, yet making Spike to laugh as well, nearly choking himself on his treat, although not quite getting the sense of Logans statement.

“Guess th' steamed buns might be a way better than eatin' up all of Rares gems collection, ain't it?” Logan sarcastically quipped over Spikes obvious yet also unfortunate appetite over gems and jewels, causing Spike to chuckle even more yet in the middle baby dragon quite stiffened himself over the comment, yet dully shrugging his shoulders like having no idea before he finished up his last steamed bun, yet also grabbing a bowl of a cooled down green tea and with a few gulps Spike poured the beverage into himself, burping once again in the process.

“Alright….” Logan spoke off while finishing up his own drink yet also yawning in the process, his voice once again shifting back into serious and matter-of-fact one. “It has been a long day. So wrap yer legs now, and turn in.” Logan pointed his hoof over a small sleeping bag nearby the campfire that conveniently bore an image of Twilights cutie mark.

“I thought you would never ask.” Spike muttered in somewhat very eager and relieved like way yet baby dragon somewhat hardly pulled himself from the ground and quite limply made his way to the sleeping back before literally falling right into it and in the instance falling into a very deep slumber, yet started snoring slightly.

Logan dully stared at Spike who was already nonchalantly slumbering for a moment before a blunt smirk formed over his face, being obviously quite amused about baby dragons soft snoring. Yet noticing that Spike was partly uncovered, the gruff stallion rose up and covered Spike with the top insulation in his sleeping bag so he couldn’t get cold before once again releasing a tired like yawn, closing his gap to the campfire and started stomping the flames with his hooves, putting it off.


The days were passing, as Logan and Spike were going on and resuming their training even further. And Logan had to give Spike a credit and as mentioning before as baby dragon showed himself to be a faithful and exemplary pupil, proving himself to learn indeed fast and steadily improving his progress and abilities in the process each day.

The rigorous and regular training routines were going on yet also significantly progressing, like Logan and Spike once again competing in a long-distance run across the Whitetail Woods. Logan was galloping in a full speed and remaining in lead so far, yet Spike was so far keeping up with the X-Men quite well, breathing regularly by making a steady intakes and exhales of air like Logan taught him, yet in the instance forcing his legs on the top of his abilities, young dragon kicked it into a high gear as he eventually managed to catch up with Logan and even surpass him, by taking a lead, quite for Logans simultaneous awe yet also impression.

Next, the two were once again resuming practice tai chi techniques, with though Spikes very own movements getting a way more aligned, graceful and natural this time by evidently making a progress by relaxing his body and calming down his mind and spirit and feeling more and more synchronized with nature and the universe. Next, by once again performing a series of push ups exercise, Spikes confidence grew even further by this time actually making push ups only on one arm, while having his left free arm crossed behind his back. During the target practice, Logan was once again hurling one wooden stick to another, yet Spikes easily shot all of the moving targets down without a single miss, as he was also working on hard on his accuracy.

Finally, during the combat practice, Logan and Spike were once again into it sparring each other with their bo staffs, yet this time they seemed to be going on the fullest with no one of the backing down and being very serious about the practice, judging from their movements, meaneouvers and strikes being a way more intense and swift as Logan was swirling his stick aggressively and throwing an array of strikes on Spike, yet baby dragon by also having a practice and experience so far managed to block as well as dodge most of his teachers furious strikes, also feeling his confidence and determination being boosted even further.

In the instance the two opponents charged against each other with both of their weapons spread out, as Logan swung his staff in a horizontal motion, yet reacting quickly, Spike thrust his staff forward stucking it right into ground yet tighting his weapon and shifting his momentum, young dragon literally sprung himself on his staff into the air like by a catapult, narrowly dodging Logans attack as the gruff stallion hit only the ground with own staff, yet using the opportunity, Spike managed to make a swift turn in the mid-air, swinging his staff and he stroke Logan hard right into the back of his cranium with enough force to cause the X-Men to grunt aloud in discomfort to the point that he actually fell right into his knees, dropping his weapon and cringing over his throbbing cranium.

Spike meanwhile managed to safely and gracefully land on the ground several meters away from Logan as he swirled and hurled with his staff in a very swift yet graceful like motions, like he would be ever growing up with it, much for Logans utter awe as though rubbing his neck, the gruff stallion couldn’t conceal a very honest and somewhat rare bright smile, being evidently more than proud over his students efforts.

“Want some more?” Spike playfully yet also a little challengingly declared while holding his staff in defensive like stance.


Finally, one late night, Logan and Spike were once again sitting against each other comfortably in meditative like sits at the edge of the pool as they were once again practicing pranayama breathing exercise as Spike was evidently making a great deal of progress by doing so. By fixing himself in his meditative like sit, baby dragon stretched on his muscles and relaxing his body before taking a couple of deep intakes of air via his nostrils, by once again using his abdomen in order to breathe, exhaling and contracting it several time in a regular and rhythmic like motions, breathing in and out tranquilly, before closing his eyes in order to meditate, trying to quiet his mind and separate himself from his thoughts so he could go in sync with nature around him, slowly falling into some sort of self-induced trance of meditation.

“Fight from th' inside kid.” Spike, while in his trance however could still hear Logans voice getting to his ears, as the X-Men who watched Spikes proper actions carefully, instructed in a firm yet also soft tone by trying to encourage his young apprentice even further. “Within yer core is blazin' a flame, yer very own indomitable will in yerself. It will never be defeated nor come undone. Use that power in yer avail. Life vitality. Fight and surpass yer insecurities. Surpass th' might and assume th' control of that inner dragon within yerself. Have a faith in yerself as well as yer friends and the others. They will help ya and willin' ta stand by yer side.”

By listening and taking in Logans words, Spike dug himself deeper into his inner self, concentrating his thoughts and somehow slowly separating himself from the reality. There was lots of on young dragons mind. Peter, Twilight, Luna and the Avengers leaving their little scaly friend behind, for his own safety regardless, fighting off Squirk the Elemental of Water, than using the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak in order to help and save his friends, yet its great yet corruptive power turning Spike into a giant, fierce and rampaging dragon version of himself with power so great and destructive, being able to match and defeat a mighty sea serpent yet also savagely and mindlessly attacking his allies, unwillingly and against his will though. The dark thoughts like those accumulated, flashed in front of Spikes eyes like in a whirlwind and filled the confines of his mind and heart with fear, trepidation and doubts about himself, as well as a slight hint of anxiety associated with it.

Spike, being lost in the depths of his mind as the entire surrounding around him changed, morphing into an enormous yet darkened, humid and rather spooky cavern. Spike proceed rather very hesitantly walking throughout the nearly gravely silent cavern vicinity, yet cautiously keeping his eyes and ears peeled as there was quiet….Too quiet around, which soon proved to be quite disturbing, like there would be something very unfortunate to happen every moment, which actually wasn’t quite far from truth to happen.

Out of the sudden, the entire silence was sliced through by thunderous roar that echoed throughout and literally shake the entire cavern in its vicinity, also trembling yet wonder that the stalagmites on the ceiling didn’t fall, causing Spike to literally jump up and scream aloud out of fright. Yet in the instance, a very loud quakes started echoing, shaking the entire cavern system like by an earthquake or fissure of sorts which quite startled Spike even further as the tremors rattled throughout his body. However, those quakes actually more likely sounded, indicating that something big, really big was coming.

before bursting out a tremendous thunderous roar right out of his throat that shook every foundation and confines of Spikes mind, forcing a considerably smaller, well if not rather puny dragon in comparison to yelp out of fright and recoil back in fear.

Yet in the instance, an enormous horrifying shadow fell over and literally dwarfed Spikes puny frame, aiding more on baby dragons nervousness that was slowly turning into fear. So, Spike cautiously and rather against his will reluctantly turned around, yet much for his dismay and rather a pure horror seeing a gigantic dragon right towering behind him. The beast was horrifying, yet strangely bearing a very odd resemblance of Spike himself, as it actually wasn’t anything else than actual Spikes evil giant dragon alter ego itself, the same one in which Spike actually turned into when eating Crimson Gem of Cyttorak. Its evil eyes glowing fiercely with its terrifying colour of crimson red, bearing a ferocious expression by exposing its razor-sharp teeth.

“Some dragon you are……” The giant dragon spoke off, scoffing in a very deep gravel voice that echoed through the vicinity accompanied by a vicious growl yet also sounding somewhat mockingly, sending chills into Spikes spine “So called number one assistant….Being a pesky pet of a princess….Growing soft and neat……Wearing a scarf…..And even having a crush on a female unicorn….”.

“HEY!” Spike though managed to collect enough courage to shot back out of defence, by an awkward mention of his hidden yet ever-lasting crush on Rarity, though finding himself to soon regret his response with a both awkward and nervous squeak. “What is wrong about that?”

“And you call yourself a dragon?” The giant dragon went on, an indifference and disappointment being vocally present in his gruff voice. “Just look what has become out of you…..A dropout of your own kind. Living among ponies, like actually foolishly thinking yourself to be their equal and like them…..How pathetic! The one like you is a shame for all dragons.”

“This cannot be happening…..” Spike mumbled incoherently while trying to recollect his thoughts by to find out what was going on. “You cannot be you! I am you!”

“I have never been you!” The giant dragon replied and swatting his enormous front arm aside in protest. “When you ate and ingested the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, you had released that great tremendous power that was sealed within it. And as an outcome of that immense power surge, your own persona was split apart on a two different part. Yet, therefore, it also enabled me to born and arise from that separated part.”

“You mean….?” Spike muttered incoherently nervously by actually starting to understand.

“Exactly, Spike…..” The giant dragon nod his head in agreement. “I am the sire of that great power boom, as your supposed alter ego side persona. A way better, greater and more powerful than any known living dragon in Equestria.” The dragon nonchalantly proclaimed in a more boasting if not even a melodramatic like manner before going on. “So far, I was trapped and buried within you, powerless, discarded, meaningless…..But now…...I can reveal my true self and colour. So as can you…As soon as we combine and be one again together, with ME in charge! We shall be unbeatable and swap away anyone who would dare to opposed us! You don’t want this great power like that?”

“No!” Spike shot back outrageously and stomping his foot into ground in the protest. “I will never be you again! I am a way more better than that! Besides and I shall quote a close friend of mine……With great power also must come a great responsibility!”

“You have no choice.” The giant dragon however huffed back in mockery and indifference about Spikes apparent protests. “The power of Cyttorak is absolute and it just had to be taken all. You cant deny your destiny, little one.” A snide fanged smirk however formed over dragons scaly snout. “You couldn’t resist your very own temptation and greed once just because of yours little pony pals generosity and turning into a giant version of yourself, terrorising Ponyville, even not trying to fight back or oppose. Just like you couldn’t stand against me when I first took over while you ate the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, what makes you think you can have a chance against me than?” The dragon mockingly mentioned as he reminded Spike his past of indeed being consumed by his greed just because of his friends generosity and turning into a giant adult dragon version of himself and causing a havoc throughout the Ponyville, which completely startled and filled Spikes heart with more trepidation, anxiety and pain.

“Petulant child! If you don’t accept that power, then I will make you take it!” The dragon huffed in an arrogant and indifferent manner by also vocally loosing all his patience, the giant winged reptile took a very deep breath by taking in a large amount of air as a smoke of brimstone was getting though his mouth and nostrils, as he released a massive stream of sparkling emerald green flames out of his mouth that flashed the entire caver right into Spike, threatening to scorch baby dragon on ashes. Spike in response recoiled sharply, crouching to shield himself from flames, like he wold nearly give himself in to his dark giant alter ego, crouching out of a pure terror.

Spies giant evil alter laughed maniacally aloud as his laughter echoed throughout the entire cavern system triumphantly as his deadly superhot flames engulfed and seemingly turned Spike on ashes. The flames were burning and burning fiercely, yet however, out of the sudden, the flames slowly and somehow started to fade away and much for giant dragons utter shock and awe, Spike emerged out the flames strangely unharmed and unwavered in the slightest, due to an odd bright yellow light that was radiating and flashing right out of young dragons body, casting something like a protective force field bubble that was shielding Spike from the flames.

Yet in the same instance, a hidden inner and somewhat synchronized voice out of the sudden echoed within Spikes head attracting both baby dragons and giant dragon heads simultaneous attention, sounding very soothing, calm and motivating that like somehow encouraged and motivated Spike to remain strong, determined by not letting himself give in and trying to conquer his giant dragon alter ego, not for himself, but for the sake of his friends and loved ones he cared the most on this world.

Suddenly, the images of Twilight and Peter along with Rarity, Chrysalis, Luna, Logan, Mane Six as wells as the others materialized in front of Spike, like they all would be shielding their little scaly friend and completely cutting the alter ego dragons face out of view, blocking and overwhelming it.

Folding his arms over his chest, Peter nodded his head with a bright honest smile. "You will grow up eventually, but it's only up to you to decide what kind of person you'll become. If you become a monster, it'll be because you want to be, but I know that's not the case with you. To me and Twilight, you may be larger than us, but you'll always be our little brother."

Twilight smiled. "Of course. You've always been noble, Spike. There's no shame in growing up. You will, eventually, but when you do, you'll be the same gentle dragon that I know and love."

Peter's smile remained intact as he patted the dragon over the top of his head. "She's right. Nobody's perfect, little bro. Everybody makes mistakes. You resist temptation every day, and you're stronger than you realize." He grinned, prompting Twilight to do the same."We couldn't be prouder of you, little bro."

“I definitely do, Spike.” Twilight interjected and giving her little brother like figure a warmest smile she could muster. “You were very brave and selfless as you saved Ruby Pitch back there. And besides, it does not matter how…big or strong anypony is. What matters the most, is how brave heart they have.” She spoke in a polite and warm manner.

In the instance, Chrysalis image materialized as a fanged yet warm and honest smile formed over Changeling queens face. “You might be little, young and still having a long way to go, but…..You have proven yourself that your heart is big as a mountain and your intentions are as pure as driven snow. If you truly want to do a right thing, then go straight for it and don’t let anyone to talk you out of it or telling otherwise.”

“It is not about luck, Spike.” Now Lunas image came into view as the Guardian of the Night gave Spike a warm smile of her own. “It is only what you do and your very own deeds, that makes you a hero.”

“Just be yerself, Spike. Ain't overdo yerself and ain't try ta prove somethin' ta yerself ta fit in and better help yer friends and th' others out th' way ya kin th' best.” Now Logan spoke off, his voice though gruff as ever, yet sounding surprisingly gentle and soft, as the gruff stallion denied a baby dragon a rare and despite a ghost of yet a warm honest smile of his own.

Finally, the image of Rarity materialized as a white elegant fashionista unicorn and giving Spike the warmest smile she could muster. “Ever since I met you, I have always known on the fist sight you were very noble, dependable, generous and heroic like any noble knights on Canterlot with a heart on the right side, Spike, just like Peter is for instance. Not like that bumptious common brute Blueblood o the contrary.” Rarity confessed by fully encouraging Spike on the fullest for whom she had always had a soft spot and affection. “Don’t let that scaly monstrous brute alter ego of yours to take over. You are a way more better than that and he would ever hope to be.”

Listening and taking in all of his friends positive and encouraging words and furthermore, like all those positive feelings combined simultaneously encouraged and giving Spike a new great deal of motivation and purpose, as both their friend as well as a valuable member of the team, filling Spikes heart with strength, determination and compassion in the process.

Feeling himself a way more stronger by that little confidence boost, with a newly regained faith in himself and courage, Spike stood still face to face against his giant dragon alter ego with a determined expression, this time seemingly not intimidated by the significantly larger dragons intimidating monstrous glare anymore and in the slightest, as his own emerald green eyes were literally gleaming with determination.

“You cant surpass me!” “My scaly armour is like tenfold shields. My teeth are swords. My claws are spears! The shock of my tail a thunderbolt! My wings a hurricane. And my breath death!” “I am everything you are not!”

“No you are not.” “You are not real. And you will never take over again!”

Spike took a very deep breath before bursting out an extremely hot blaze of his magic emerald green flames out of his mouth, that flashed the entire area, glowing literally like a beacon of a dazzling green light, as its nearly blinding flash dazzled even surprisingly and somehow managed to dazzle and even force a giant terrifying dragons face back, it roared aloud like being in agony before eventually diminishing out of existence like a smoke.


Back in the real world, Spike kept meditating for which obviously seemed like several eons passing, quite for Logans, who kept watching baby dragon this whole time slight concern brewing. Yet right then, the gruff stallion opened out of the sudden, by taking a deep breath and then again exhaling via his belly, Spikes eyes eventually shut themselves open, yet though his eyes looked like a bit different now, as their colour now bore a very unnaturally vivid shade of green, like the purest of emerald as it even looked like they would be actually gleaming. Even their slitted lizard like look seemed to be sharper, his expression more like a predator of sorts. There was a power, respect with a mixture of the cold of the stone yet also surprisingly compassion radiating out of them, as a somewhat coy smirk formed over Spikes scaly features.

Yet, like out of empathy and being able to read baby dragon facial features, a triumphant smirk formed over Logans gruff facial features. “I believe, now yer ready kid….”


To be continued…….

PreviousChapters Next