• Published 13th Sep 2016
  • 1,523 Views, 38 Comments

Spiders and Magic: The Harmony Avengers - andrew7



This is my very own unique story spin-off and inspiration of Maximus Reborn "Spiders and Magic" series

  • ...
21
 38
 1,523

PreviousChapters Next
Some explaining to do

The lunch passed and went relatively well and without any much incident, from either the obnoxious crowd (Wolverine) or the peanut gallery (Peter), as well as Twilight along with Felicia managing to keep it both cool, without two mares provoking or getting on each other nerves too much. The meal as Aunt May depicted was consisting from a very well breaded cauliflower, breaded with perfection along with a mashed potatoes salad side dish with a home made dressing, as well as than also having a roman salad with roasted croutons and sardine dressing.

Everypony was present at large table within a dining room of a Golden Oak, including their guests of honour Felicia and Logan were enjoying a tasty well-deserved meal, well with the exception of a Little Ben who was though sitting on a high baby chair and Twilight was feeding a foal with a porridge. However, unfortunately yet not quite for a surprise, Logan, of course having hooves instead of hands found it difficult or rather annoying to handle the fork and spoon, struggling to hold it in his hooves with no fingers though failing miserably.

Unlike some of his new friends like Twilight, Rarity or Trixie that simply used their telekinesis or the rest of the ponies, handling the fork and spoon by holding it with their wrists or Parker with his natural ability to stick on any surface, Logan who was still adjusting to his equine body on the other hand looked like to foam out of frustration, even threatening to unleash his adamantium claws to eat his meal with them. And it also didn’t help the fact that somepony like Peter of course, along with somepony else like Spike and Rainbow Dash couldn’t help to conceal their chuckles over ponyfied mutants clumsiness with his hooves.

But eventually, despite Peters antics, with Twilights scolding frown as well as somepony else support and without Wolverine lashing out, after several times of praxis, the gruff stallion finally managed to take a proper hoof on the fork and spoon and being able to eat up quite well.

However and quite for someponys (Especially Rarity by the way) dismay, Wolverine of course with his uncouth manners and animal like qualities, instead of eating like a true English gentleman found himself eating in a very brutish or rather childish way, chomping away, clicking his tongue and burping occasionally during his meal, appearing to be really hungry. Which thought wasn’t much surprise since not actually eating quite anything from the last night despite a breakfast he and his friends had back in Canterlot, so it was a good thing that May and Trixie made plenty of meal, so Wolverine could take some extra portion.


After a lunch, Peter along with Twilight and their friends and family spent nearly entire afternoon by catching up with Logan, having so much to talk about as well as lots of explaining to do to their mutant gruff friend what all Peter experienced during his life in Equestria in the last seven years as well as explaining the unfortunate sets of events that transpired the last night to their friends.

Being all assembled in a first floor in a living room of a Golden Oak, Peter with Twilight and Mayday sitting on a coach, with Trixie and May who was holding a Little Ben in her hooves sitting in armchairs, while Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Felicia and Spike sat on the floor, well with an exceptions of Rarity, who of course brought along her very own elegant red sofa to rest on, not to be expected to sit or lie on the floor like others, surrounding Logan, who was comfortably sitting in one more armchair, having his legs nonchalantly crossed and drinking a can of bear, burping by occasions, once again earning a disgusted expressions from somepony sitting around.

Eventually and after listening up carefully, Logan found out everything: Peter chasing down and catching Felicia/Black Cat on Manehattan, Twilights pregnancy period, Glacius threatening Ponyville and Spider-Mane taking on and scaring the snow beast off, saving the entire Ponyvilles with his efforts, saving and adopting Ursa Minor cub as a pet, Twilight prematurely giving a birth of Mayday during a Winter Wrap Up, Peters and Twilights wedding as well as signing a peace treaty with Queen Chrysalis and the Changelings between ponies along with all species living in Equestria. Yet, however, the subject about Peters unfortunate time traveling accident into an alternate post-apocalyptic future three years ago, having a bad experience as well as brining a sad and depressing memories, everypony who shared Peters story better decided to keep it for themselves and keep it a secret.

“Oh, thanks a lot, Pete.” Rainbow Dash huffed in disappointment and folding her hooves. “An adventure like that and you leave us behind. Not to mention Spitfire actually being the part of the Avengers now.” A rainbow coloured pegasus huffed again though this time like her voice even bore a faint hint of jealousy, yet the mare managed to tune those disturbing feelings down out of respect for captain of Wonderbolts who by the way was also her lifetime idol.

“Um…How horrible that Grogar actually wanted to suck all of poor Princess Celestias power, using it for evil and turning you guys into his servants like that with that evil…brainwashing machine of his.” Fluttershy meekly pointed on while learning how Grogar wanted to brainwash the Avengers and suck all of Princess Celestias power and use it for his own dark purposes, yet the shy Pegasus didn’t even want to imagine a horrible torture her friends had to endure. But deep down, Fluttershy thanked the stars that everything ended well.

“Indeed.” Aunt May inhaled sharply and placing her hoof over her chest as it stung her near her heart by imagining what could have happen to Peter and the others yet surrendering Ben to Trixie, as an older mare hugged her nephew around his neck. “Thank Celestia that you are all alright, Peter.” Despite being already and long aware of her son figures double life, yet still it was difficult for an older mare to accept that, being worried for Peters life every time he went on and deep down wondering if this life was the one Peter chose, or it on the contrary chose him.

“Chm. He is such a mommys boy.” Felicia whispered for herself, feeling slightly embarrassed for older mares attitude toward Peter, still treating her now young adult nephew like a baby.

“It is actually not yet the bad part of it however, Hardy.” Trixie whispered back to Felicia with Ben in her hooves, keeping her voice down though also loaded with sarcasm. “But seriously, all this occasional snuggling, cuddling and packing a snack or piece of pie at times, this is getting really old. Even for Peter.”

Thinking nopony could hear their tuned down conversation, but unfortunately Twilight along with Aunt May did as a young princess shot a cat burglar and a magician a glare, yet Logan on the other hoof who couldn’t overhear it with his enhanced hearing however smirked deviously by Felicias remark about Aunt Mays approach to Parker and Trixie sympathizing. Yet, Little Ben also giggled in a baby like manner by response, finding this funny as well.

“Hey, Aunt May. We are talking about my dad and mom here, remember? They got themselves from even worse situations than that. Grogar and his goons have nothing on Spider-Mane.” Mayday spoke of for Peters and Twilights defence and respect placing her hoof over her fathers shoulder, yet deep down even a young filly totally empathized with May and just couldn’t ignore an undercurrent of a hidden concern for her parents wellbeing, thanking stars that he and her mother were both alright.

“That’s okay.” Peter however cheered her mother figure down, patting her shoulder and gently rubbing her daughters mane on her head. “Actually. We might have been a vegetable, if it wasn’t up for Spike and Logan, saving our flanks here.” Peter prized Wolverine and Spike for their great and well-deserved effort though in quite a humorous way, as baby dragon chuckled embarrassed yet gruff stallion on the contrast grunted in response, showing it was nothing.

“You actually were about to turn into a vegetable? Really?” Pinkie Pie dully asked titling her head to the side, once again a pink party pony didn’t have quite a clue what was that all about, yet luckily Applejack gently bumped a party pony into her shoulder, prompting her not to push on the subject.

“If you guys have just seen how Logan kicked the Diamonds Dogs furs, slicing that Braindrainer sphere on pieces, destroying that draining machines obelisk like generator with Peters boost and then also taking on Grogar, slicing his magic bell with his claws and then punching him right into his muzzle…” Spike thrilled out in a very dramatic like way, indicating on and strongly prizing Wolverines actions at the last night.

“Chm.” Wolverine merely grunted again by response while taking a gulp of a bear and better turning on a way different subject before all that appreciation could go even further. “I kin see that ya haven’t waste any time and bein' pretty busy, Parker. Guess bein' both a prince and national treasure by th' way may actually grow over yer head someday.”

“Well, Logan…” Peter sheepishly scratched a back of his head, chuckling. “Being a prince and part of one big royal family like Twilight, Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadance and Shinning Armour isn’t actually that bad as it looks like.”

“It would sure ain't.” Logan though scoffed sarcastically yet tuning into a mocking and somewhat boastful tone. “The Great Prince Parker, descendin' from on high ta mingle with th' commoners, welcomin' ya by bowing in front of ya, Parker and your beautiful princess. All ya need is ta git yerself a fance shinin' armour.”

“Hey. You are ripping me off. Boasting is my thing.” Trixie snorted in an upset way that Logan stole her very own boastful like manner, yet somepony else like Mayday, Rainbow Dash, Spike or Felicia chuckled under their breaths, though Peter and Twilight on the other hoof felt a little embarrassed by Wolverines blunt and uncouth remark.

“Logan...” Twilight tough spoke of with a firm tone and shooting a gruff a scolding glare. “Peter is the most noble, deliberated and respectable pony there is and just like me remaining as honest as ever, acting like every simple pony here in Ponyville. Actually, the royal title means absolutely nothing to us.”

“My words exactly.” Rarity added, stepping for Peters defence as well. “Just too bad the same cant be said about everypony. Like that cocky brute Blueblood for an instance.” The fashionista added yet huffing in a very unladylike manner when an image of Prince Blueblood, Princess Celestias arrogant and snobbish cousin unicorn flashed within her mind. However, an elegant mare eventually recuperated her senses, regaining her dignified side and brushing a strand of her elegant purple mane over her ear. “Although, our darling Peter could at least act in a more professional like way. Being a Knight of Equestria is one of the greatest honours the pony can obtain for an exceptional and greatest deeds, not to mention having a reputation to uphold.”

“Ain't sweat it sweetheart. I am just pullin' Parkers hoof.” Logan smirked and winking at Parker reassuringly while drinking more of the bear from the bottle and once again making an uncouth burp, yet ignoring quite a flustered look a white unicorn bore, before an idea occurred in gruff stallions mind. “But, who th' heck is that…Blueblood guy yer talkin' about?”

“Ah. He is just one big fancy snobbish pretty boy back from Grand Galloping Gala, partner. And by the way…He also appears to be Princess Celestias cousin. Unfortunately.” Applejack explained and described Blueblood to Logan in a rather uneasy like manner and just like the rest of her friends a farm pony bore a certain disdain to Celestias unfortunate pompous and snobbish cousin. However, Spike though bore rather a venomous glare with an undeniable hint of jealousy of Blueblood, on which Rarity also and unfortunately had a crush over Spike.

“Uh! Would you also believe that Rarity actually had a crush on Blueblood and even imagining a wedding with him? As her dreamed prince charming.” Pinkie Pie offhandedly pointed on, unwillingly causing her white unicorn fashionista friends cheeks to burn, her face being nearly redder than tomato steaming by embarrassment as well as frustration associated with it, also making her friends feel very uneasy by the statement. “Oops! I am sorry.” Pinkie feeling sorry for her sorts of words tried to apologize, yet Rarity merely dismissively waved her hoof and managing a smile nonetheless, showing what she wasn’t that upset.

“Thanks for the dialogue Pinkie. But when we need any further offhanded mentions, we will let you know, okay?” Rainbow Dash recalled her hyperactive friend with a little warning like tone, evidently sympathizing with her fashionista friends, prompting pink mare to keep for herself, as Pinkie merely shrugged her shoulders and nodding in approval.

“Ya know…” Logan suddenly declared after quite a moment of silence with an utmost and uncommon curiosity present in his voice as a realization sparkled within his mind. “There is still one thing that is buggin' me. When ya Parker yer an unicorn and Sparkle is an…eghm…alicorn, how come that yer daughter is actually a pegasus and th' junior an unicorn anyway?”

Wolverines unexpected yet very good question quite stunned both Peter and Twilight. The couple looked at each other bewildered, yet the both chuckled somewhat offhandedly, considering what kind of rational answer to give so their gruff friend so he could understand this.

“I have been wondering if you soon or later bring this up, old chum.” Peter sheepishly murmured, scratching a back of his head. “Lets see….”

“It might be a little…complicated, but…..” Twilight went on, adding to her husband.

“It is very possible.” Mayday however surprisingly spoke off, interrupting her parents interpretation catching Peter, Twilight and especially Logans attention. “My grandmothers Velvet Sparkle great-grandfather was a Pegasus. Their genes are recessive, but mommy still has them regardless, as the grandmother does. You see, the majority of our family tree consists of unicorns, but every now and then, a pegasus….like me came around.” Young filly paused a little, giggling and playfully glancing upon Aunt May. “Plus, Aunt Mays is a Pegasus. It may have come from daddys side of the genes.” Mayday then flipped her wings continuously like a bee and with enough effort though hardly hovering right to Aunt Mays position and playfully rubbing Little Bens head. “And the things with little brother here are not that unusual. Just a normal unicorn foal born to a unicorn couple. And that makes sense, right?”

A dead silence occurred within a living room for a several moments, yet there was no tension present, with Twilight and Peter grinning happily and nodding their head, confirming their daughters theory right, while Logan however found himself staring with a dumbfounded expression by hearing out little fillys professional and sensible explanation. For somepony so young, Mayday proved herself to be rather bright, intelligent and perspective for a foal of her age. Yet however, like something of this would actually be somehow familiar or connected.

“That….Might make sense. I guess.” Logan offhandedly replied shrugging his shoulder, yet still feeling a little confused about this.

“That’s my daughter, alright. She just takes after me and mommy, being bright, intelligent and observant.” Peter complimented to his daughter, being evidently very proud about a proper interpretation his daughter gave, while Twilights smile even widened yet Mayday chuckled a little sheepishly about her fathers flatter.

“And having her fathers trademark and at times very quirky sense of humour, unfortunately.” Trixie added sarcastically, murmuring for in an unfortunate and exasperated like manner.

It was true though. Mayday evidently possessed a combination of both of her parents trademark personality traits, like Peters smartness and sense of humour and Twilights ingenuity and passions for studying and learning new things.

“Hurm. Guess th' apple ain't fall far from tree after all. Everyone will just known that yer Parkers daughter alright kid.” Wolverine sarcastically pointed on Mayaday being exactly just like her parents, but especially taking after Parker. However, once again a somewhat brooding expression formed on gruff stallions face as well as quite a disturbing and unfortunate thoughts started plaguing and spiralling within his mind like hurricane. Yet luckily, the X-Men once again managed to push those strange feelings from his head.

“I am just wonderin'….” Logan once again thought as yet another idea sparkled in his head as Peter and Twilight perked themselves up with curiosity. “That ya guys didn’t got….a baby alicorn. Guess ya haven’t even thought about that on th' first place, have ya?”

“Gesundheit.” Felicia spoke in a very offhanded and deadpanned like manner.

Once again, gruff stallion unusual yet one million dollar remark quite stunned both Peter and Twilight as well as Mayday and otherpony present in the room. “You know….You got that one right, Logan. Having another alicorn in to family had never ever crossed my or Twilights mind at all.”

“You have to admit though, daddy…” Mayday declared with a wide interest and awe gleaming in her deep golden eyes. “Having an alicorn for an another sibling, that would really be something.”

“That’s not quite the case, Logan.” Twilight however, already recuperating from her awe calmly replied back, yet Logan didn’t seem to quite get young alicorns statement, titling his head to the side questioningly. “You see….When Cadance, who was originally a pegasus transformed into an alicorn and being deemed as a Princess of Love, Princess Celestia stated that she was merely magically altered, not genetically. Therefore she is still initially a Pegasus, while I am for the most part still an unicorn for instance.”

“And Parker for the most part is still the same halfwit as ever.” Logan bluntly remarked, replenishing Twilights logical explanation.

“Thanks bunches, Logan.” Peter replied back in an uneasy and annoyed manner.

“Yer welcome, bub.” Wolverine dully replied, taking yet another gulp of bear, ignoring glares that some mares in the room bore, evidently not appreciating gruff stallions uncouth manners as well as crude and biting sense of humour.

Sensing tempers flaring around as well as steadily rising tension and before the situation could go even worse, by which Logan definitely wasn’t helping in the slightest, Peter reacting quickly and knowing it would be the best, turned into a different subject.

“So Logan, I have also been wondering….How are things back home on Earth? What about the Cap, Stark, Thor, Strange, Banner, Fury and the Avengers? Sure, due to different time periods across dimensions, back on Earth it had been only been a short time with three years, however here in Equestria it had been a long time with seven years, instead. Actually, sometimes it may be way too long.” Young stallion stated humorously.

Logan got thoughtful for a while, considering Parkers question cautiously, thinking about the suitable answer to give. “Well….Th' things are quite same ol', same ol'. All things considered. Cap is still th' same idealistic boy scout as always, Stark is still th' same rich-boy technic geek with fancy armours, th' god guy blondie still resides on Earth among mortals, Strange keeps himself to his spells and magic stuff, Fury is still th' head of th' S.H.I.E.L.D. and Banner….Well….He is still doin' his best ta keep his big green friend outta trouble by stayin' as calm as possible as always.” The X-men paused a little, taking another gulp of bear before going on. “And whut about th' old pals like Ultron, Zemo, Mandarin, Masters of Evil or an occasional alien invasion like Skrulls or Kang, th' Avengers still kin keep those bozos in check, savin' th' world as always. Nothin' biggy.”

“Oh. It is….Great. Really. Knowing that the world is not lying in damnation yet.” Peter replied somewhat offhandedly, yet though being glad and feeling relieved that the Avengers, other superheroes as well as Nick Fury with S.H.I.E.L.D. still had everything under control and willing to step in a case of any crisis or global threat. “Hey, Logan. And what about the X-Men? How is Prof X, Storm, Jean, Hank or Gambit? Oh, and by the way…. Haven’t you and Scott already ripped each other throats yet?” Peter then asked a somewhat provocatively with quite a smug grin forming on his face.

The question however slightly provoked a Logan, as his ears cautiously bent backwards, like a fierce dog ready to bite the hand that is feeding him with yet the same provoking and disturbing thoughts whirlwinding within the X-Mens mind by hearing the name of his both a long time teammate and rival as well. Yet, Logan once again did his best to settle his mind down, before finally responding, though somewhat cautiously. ”Hurm. Yeah, Summers. Lets just say th' Bright Eye and I both kin keep it classy, without provokin' each other much and keeping our lines, wth X Mansion bein' big enough fer us ain't gittin' inta each other ways.” Logan paused when suddenly another disturbing idea sparkled in his head and declaring a little hesitantly. “Hurm. And by th' way….Summers and Jean git….erghm…married recently.”

“What do you say?!” Peter exhaled in are with nearly all air leaving his lungs out of surprise by hearing Logans statement. “Scott and Jean get married? Really?” Young stallion exhaled one more yet this time a happiness associated with his awe, as Wolverine merely nod his head.

“Scott Summers?” Spike declared by actually membering a field leader of the X-Men in a black uniform and wearing his trademark red visor. “Isn’t that the guy mutant, wearing those funny glasses…”

“It is called visor, Spike.” Peter interjected and interrupting Spike sentence, indicating on Cyclops visor.

“Alright then…Visor.” Spike chuckled by mentioning the thing right by Peters correction. “The one able to shoot those red energy beams right from that thing?”

“Yup, that’s Cyc alright.” Logan agreed yet strangely his gruff voice sounded somewhat apprehensive, bearing a slight hint of venom.

“And….Jean Grey.” Felicia spoke off thoughtfully by recalling a red headed woman X-Men, who was along with Scot one of Xaviers top students, as well as a love interest of both Cyclops and Wolverine, unfortunately. “That girl mutant with an ability to read minds, able to move things via telekinesis as well as being an unfortunate host of a powerful cosmic entity force?” Snow-white maned mare though felt jealousy colour on her face.

“Well, it is great.” Twilight exhaled yet clapping her hooves cheerfully, being evidently very happy for both Scott and Jean, despite never having a chance to meet and know them properly.

“Indeed.” Rarity exhaled also with her eyes literally gleaming with enthusiasm. “It is nice that somepony…urgh…I mean someone managed to find her very own Prince Charming after all as well.” Despite her awe, Raritys last words however sounded a little her voice sounding somehow disappointed.

“Oh its very nice. Just like Canterlot Wedding of Shinning Armour and Cadance or Peter with Twilight.” Fluttershy meekly yet cheerfully exhaled with her low shy voice.

“Uh! It is so bad that I wasn’t present on that wedding. I know lots of great song to sing for those two as well as throwing some big party for them.” Pinkie started joyfully and cheerfully hopping on the place.

“Meh.” Trixie, Rainbow Dash and Mayday however on the other hoof all huffed in a very disinterested like way.

“Yup. Great. Really great.” An irritated and disappointed like growl escaped from Wolverines throat, empathizing with some of his friends. “Summers as a Prince Charmin'. Pchm. He wishes.”

“Logan?” Twilight, sensing her mutant friends rather negative behaviour asked with a concern present in her voice.

“Whut…eghm…nothin' .” Being awaken from self-induced trance, Logan spoke off and waved his hoof dismissively yet a hint of hostility remained in his gruff tone. “The pretty boy better ain't screw this up with Jeanne.”

“Ah dunno, partner.” Applejack with her natural common sense and observing intuition definitely sensed something more about it as well as Logans obvious disgust. “If ah dunno any better, I would say that ya ain't too much enthusiastic about Summers and Jeans marriage at all.”

“Eghm, AJ…” Peter suddenly intervened and halting the farm pony somewhat cautiously before she could go any further with the unfortunate subject. “For Logan this kind of matter is rather personal. Very personal. So, I think you should better let this one go.”

Despite Applejack along with otherpony seemed to be quite amazed about Peters unorthodox yet honest suggestion, yet knowing young stallion actually had a point about not intervening into personal matters of others, they eventually let it go, with Logan seemingly being quite relieved for Parkers timely reaction.

Yet Peter knew very well what was that all about. Back on Earth and with the X-Men, Logan along with his long-time teammate Scott Summer aka Cyclops who was also the field leader of the mutant superhero team had never been much on the good terms as those two usually had a hard times getting along and fighting with each other every time when someone crossed the lines, which was not only due to fact that Scott was serious, responsible and no-nonsense leader while Logan on the other hand tended to be rather impulsive, rebellious, reluctant to take orders and usually doing things by his way.

However, there was way more about their constant bickering then just a clashing and way different approaches to deal with problems: It was Jean Grey herself. A beautiful fire haired woman with great telepathic and telekinetic abilities as well as being an involuntarily a host of a Phoenix Force and….Scotts fortunate love interest and eventually a finance. But unfortunately, everything hanged when Logan firstly became a member of the X-Men and the gruff man developed a crush on Jean also, therefore both men becoming a love rivals.

“Hey, Logan.” Peter once again spoke off first when a sudden realization struck his mind. “I have almost forgot to ask being and curious…..How are things with Daily Bugle and Jonah. How is the old flattop still doing?” A young stallion asked with a wide interest sparkling in his chocolate brown irises.

“What? J Jonah Jameson?” Rainbow Dash blurted out harshly by hearing the name of unfortunate infamous Peters former boss back at Daily Bugle, who also unfortunately appeared to be Spidermans nemesis for years.

“You mean that former rude, dishonest and loudmouth boss of yours and publisher of Daily Bugle, darling?” Rarity added venomously with her temper steaming by mention of Jamesons harsh and irascible attitude.

“You know…” Twilight however and unlike her friends spoke off cautiously and with a more moderated tone, yet though also with quite an interest. “I would like to know as well.”

However and strangely, Logans expression suddenly darkened, turned into rather an unfortunate and uncertain one, like not quite knowing or being rather hesitant what kind of answer give about surprising and unexpected topic that Parker brought up.

“Logan?” Peter, sensing his gruff friends sudden change of look on his face asked cautiously. “What is the matter?”

“Hurm.....” Logan murmured incoherently, being quite a reluctant and hesitating to answer Parkers question. “How shall I put it? Lets just say….that th' old flattop as ya put it….hurm….pulled his plug.”

“What are you saying?” Twilight exhaled yet still failing to understand Wolverines rather offhanded reply.

“Eghm…What is going on?” Mayday by seeing her parents confused gazes and hearing Logans barely understanding testimony asked with an unnerving curiosity.

“Logan!” Peter however spoke with a more firm and quite serious tone, lacking any humour and light-heartedness, yet there was also rising undercurrent of concern, also feeling his stomach steadily straining, like deep down a young stallion had unpleasant feelings about this. “What…is…with…Jonah?”

“Erghm….” Logan once again grunted still a bit hesitantly before eventually giving himself in. “If ya insist….hurm….I though dunno much about th' details, but…Let me tell ya this:”

“Ya see, right after Parkers permanent departure and NC once again bein' without its favourite Web-Head, yet despite Sparkle gave those ninety-eight million bucks ta improve its management, Daily Bugle though once again started goin' downhill from then. As time passed, despite JJ tryin' ta keep it together fer a while, his editorials and articles however had been continuously becomin' more and more cheap and worthless, with nothin' biggy worth it ta give on a front page lately. Spiderman always was a reason of Bugles and Jamesons financial boom. But….without his favourite “menace”, everythin' had just….fallen apart. It even looked like that his humongous ego was reduced ta th' size of a macaron."

“But his real trouble were just about ta begin. When finally realizin' how unfair and judgemental th' old flattop had been ta ya Parker over years with his editorials despite no matter how much good he had done fer the city, the citizens of NC had it and came back with revenge. They had started demonstratin' against and criticizin' Jameson fer his previous actions towards Spiderman as well as facin' several sues in th' past few years . Th' old flattop was tastin' his own medicine."

“Eventually, the Bugle literally hit the rock bottom, with Parker aka Spiderman gone and ain't makin' and sellin' any pictures of himself as usual and their star reporter….eghm, whut th' heck was his name now….Ah…Urich, Ben Urich gone. Endurin' such circumstances, Daily Bugle once again found itself on th' verge of bakrupt and th' old man was forced ta stop his employees checks ta build th' capital needed ta th' paper, with everyone at th' Bugle workin' temporarily free as a sign of solidarity.”

“But it was all fer nothin' and eventually, with th' adversity, public criticism, his reputation ruined and bein' all washed-up, not ta mention endurin' a large amount of stress along with a high blood pressure lately over th' years, it all hit Jameson hard like a full speed express on the fullest…..Sufferin' and havin' a near fatal heart attack.”

“WHAT?!” Peter and Twilight both literally shrieked on top of their lungs simultaneously with nearly all blood in their veins freezing and their hearts nearly stopping beating by hearing an unfortunate and terrible news, yet refusing to believe their ears.

“Oh dear!” Both Fluttershy and Rarity gasped and placing their hooves over their mouths while the rest of the group along with Aunt May were stunned by the news so much that they didn’t manage a word for a while, merely just staring bewildered, with the only exceptions of Trixie and Felicia who rather yet hardly tried to hold their emotions at bay while Little Ben chuckled.

“I knew it would surprise ya.” Logan spoke off offhandedly before though hesitantly going on in his narration. “Jamesons employees had spent unknow period of time givin' their boss CPR ta try and save him until paramedics arrived, rushing th' old man inta hospital.”

“What is CPR as you put it?” Pinkie interrupted, carefully daring to ask, only to be gently yet energetically bumped by Applejack, as farm pony shot her pink friend a glare not to interrupt even further and strangely for Jamesons own sake.

“Unfortunately….” Wolverine continued, though his gruff voice sounding somewhat apprehensive like there was something more unfortunate to come. “Despite th' docs managed ta stabilize Jameson fer a while, th' old mans condition didn’t improve in th' slightest, even while restin' before surgery. He had been feverish, mumbling incoherently with his health drastically deterioratin' fer several days. They thought that was it. Ain't givin' him big chances ta survive. It almost looked like he lost a will ta live fer a while.”

“However…Everythin' though changed when Stark payed Jameson a visit in a hospital. I dunno whut exactly happened, but somehow th' old falttop recovered, with his condition steadily stabilizin' so he could undergo th' surgery. After then, his condition later improved even further, ta th' point of takin' physiotherapy sessions and t'ai chi classes.”

“Thank goodness.” Aunt May along with Fluttershy sighed for themselves in relief and placing her hoof over her chest to regulate her increased heartbeat while the others did exactly the same, feeling relieved that it eventually ended well, yet however Peter on the other hoof seemed oblivious and quite a numb with the outside world, being lost and brooding within his thoughts as Logans words about terrible that happened to Jameson echoed within young stallions ears and penetrating his heart.

Despite all those years as Jameson gave Spiderman a hard time, making his life difficult and showing and trying to convince the public that he was a menace and criminal, not to mention treating Peter poorly as his employee and photographer at Bugle and giving him cheap payments, Peter had never felt or thinking about any hostility or even wishing Jameson something bad or horrible to happen. On the other hand, he had always considered Jameson to be rather a very decent man deep down and sympathizing with the old mans undergoing hard times, not to mention actually leaving Jonah behind to his fate, while pernamently moving into Equestria.

Yet eventually, a sudden realization struck Peters mind like a brick, taking him back seven years back and a few days after Norman Osborns defeat and till the portal between Earth and Equestria closing. Yet Peter recalled that before he left for good, he left behind something, which by the way was connected to Stark and an obvious reason for Jamesons sudden recovery. Yet whatever it was, Peter kept that one for himself, knowing it would be better that way. Young stallion eventually managed to take a grip on himself, getting his emotions under control and by shaking his head several times snapped from his self-induced trance back into reality and managing a faint yet happy smile for himself.

“Back in th' real world, bub? Got th' feelin' ya left fer a minute?” Wolverine addressed Parker somewhat cautiously, noticing and being well aware of kids odd behaviour and unfortunate reaction ever since he started singing, yet strangely, despite trying to mask it with his gruffness, there was also an undercurrent of concern present in gruff stallions voice and somehow even sympathizing with kid.

“Yeah….I am okay.” Peter once again shake his head to fully regain his senses though declaring somewhat relieved yet concerned nonetheless.

“But anyway….What happened next, Logan. What about Jameson?” Twilight urged and seeking to know the rest of Wolverines story curiously, yet despite her previous disgust towards the irascible publisher, young princess couldn’t deny a hint of concern in her eyes.

“Well….” Logan went on. “Th' good thing is that Jameson managed ta fully recover, but unfortunately th' things had never been th' same. With th' situation back in the Bugle ain't improvin' and stuff morality fadin', th' old flattop had just had it and as I mentioned before, he thought it was just th' time ta pull his plug.”

“Are you saying….?” Twilight exhaled with her voice slightly strained, like she would already starting to have an idea what Logan meant by that on the first place.

“Yup.” Logan merely bluntly stated and nodding his head. “JJ talked with several lawyers about power of attorney and eventually sellin' th' final shares of Bugle and resignin' from his post as th' editor in chief, passin' it all ta his closest associate Robertson guy. He then packed up his stuff in his old office and just left th' scene.” Gruff stallion declared, once again earning a couple of bewildered gazes from otherpony around.

"Yet, before he left, he sent all of his employees a check fer ten thousand bucks as well as even supportin' Bugles management from his own account. And….Despite no one knows fer sure, it is quite possible that he became a recluse, shuttin' himself off and isolated in his penthouse and from that while never bein' seen again. Hurm….So I think that this is it.”

By the time when Logan finished up his narration, the entire room was silent, the atmosphere filled with a slight tension as everypony present still didn’t know what to think about Jonah unfortunate bittersweet fate, yet steadily trying to recuperate from their awe.

“Chm. A little bittersweet ending. But I suppose nothing more could have been expected nor done about it.” Trixie murmured with a somewhat unreadable voice, yet a boasting magician also couldn’t help but filled with remorse as well.

“Wow….” Peter gasped, his voice sounding both strained and solemn in the same time, yet being obviously the most distraught about and feeling sorry for Jamesons. “I am so sorry. I mean…Poor Jonah.”

“I know that he maybe was arrogant, greedy and bitter old man, but…..He definitely didn’t deserve this kind of fate. I would….Never wish him something like that nor to anypony or anyone.” Twilight declared melancholically, looking stricken with a slight trepidation, sympathizing with her husbands own solemn demeanour, yet Peter placed his hoof over his wifes shoulder, nuzzling her cheek affectionatelly.

“I can sympathize.” Aunt May weakly yet honestly declared with a solemn like way. “It is shocking how the life can change within a moment as well as someones world falling apart. The fate may be cruel at times. But there is nothing we can do against it.”

“Oh well…” Peter however trailed off after an awkward time of silence and despite his still aching heart managing a small smile nonetheless. “At least JJ may finally have some peace and quiet. I really think he deserved this.”

“Listen, kid.” Logan however addressed Parker, his voice though still rough sounded surprisingly soft and deliberated. “We all make decisions, that thought may have consequences and that may affect us all fer ever and we are forced ta live up with them. And Jameson had chosen his own way. Everyone is responsible fer his own deeds." Logan paused a bit before going on. "Just try ta look at it this way…..People come. People go. That is th' way of life itself. It is pointless ta beatin' yerself up about Jameson.”

Logans statement once again earned him a couple of collective gazes of others. Despite the X-Mens words sounded somewhat blunt and cynical, they actually bore lots of sense and understanding making the X-Men quite right about the matters and Jamesons situation. However, there also were somepony that found Wovlerines statement rude or even cold.

“However…There are also some positive news, though.” Logan however declared in a somewhat more positive like way, quite gaining everyponys and Parkers attention. “Back then, as Sparkle bought off th' Bugle and cleanin' up Spideys name as a hero, yet despite long gone, th' citizens of NC had never forgot whut all Parker did fer th' city. So…They started celebratin' their very own official holiday…A Spiderman Holiday.”

“A Spiderman Holiday?” Peter along with Mayday and Spike as well as most of the mares in the room exhaled aloud in awe by hearing Logans words that there was actually a holiday by celebrating on Spidermans honour and heroic deeds. Yet Peter was quite confused and bewildered by the news, never even considering and hoping there would ever be an official holiday celebrating on his and Spidermans honour.

“Yup.” Logan simply replied nodding his head. “Th' people now celebrate it by recallin' all th' heroic deeds and good ya did fer th' city over th' years, wearin' yer trademark mask, sellin' souvenirs along with Spiderman dolls and having billboards with your logo over it. They have even built a monument of yers on Times Square.”

“Are you kidding me?” Peter blurted out again in disbelief, unable to supress his awe as some of his friends and family also shared young stallions wonder. “Do I actually have my very own monument? Really...?”

“Chm…Lucky Spiderman…” Trixie on the other hoof whispered for herself in quite a disappointed like manner, with a tiny hint of jealousy about the fame Parker aka Spiderman got back on Earth as Wolverine described it as one part of the mare wished to be on Peters place, yet though that second one on the other hoof felt happy and being very proud of her best friend.

“Then ya should be pleased, bub.” Logan thought addressed Parker with a rather unreadable tone yet his expression revealing that he had something interesting to say. “It was actually th' old flattop who gave his money ta build that statue of yours and even signin' by his own "The true hero and friend of the city" on it.”

“You are kidding, right, dude?” Rainbow Dash huffed sceptically, refusing to believe Logans words while Peters and Twilights eyes got wide as big as saucers by hearing out that the old flattop was actually willing to pay and building the monument as a memento for Spiderman as a hero.

Despite it was still unbelievable and hard to hear, the couple could recognize from Logans firm and serious face that the X-Men didn’t made it up and telling the truth.

“How quite generous from him. Yet the way how he also was willing to pay so much money to his former employees, that was very generous of him. Maybe he has finally started to realize that money isn’t everything.” Rarity declared compassionately yet also empathizing with both Peter and Twilight.

“Oh well… Goodspeed with Jonah then” Peter sighed in relief, feeling that the intense weight that was restraining his heart was lifted away, not feeling bad about and instead solemnly blessing on Jamesons respect and honour as everypony in the room, including Twilight could do nothing but agree and sympathize with their knight, while Logan however grunted.

Yet Peter along with Twilight already felt a little better and recuperated about Jamesons unfortunate end up, yet his noble contribution as well as feeling somewhat encouraged by Wolverines blunt yet honest statement, yet also knowing it would be the best, the young stallion managed though a rather sheepish smile and trying to turn on a different subject, moving away from Jameson. “And what about you, old chum? How are things? Are the guys like Magneto, Brotherhood or Mr Sinister still giving you and the X-Men a hard time?”

Logan however was quite surprised and taken aback that Parker had just brought the topic right about him. Though hesitating a little bit and strangely Wolverines cynical and cautious part of him wanted to keep it for himself, the gruff stallion sighed in a defeated like manner before eventually giving himself in. “Hurm…Whut shall I say? About th' clowns like Magneto, Brotherhood or Sinister, its th' same ol', same ol'. They make th' mess, we step in and clean this up, as always. And about me, it ain't any different. Another day, another thug.”

“That it?” Peter asked somewhat bewildered about his gruff partners reply.

“I am a simple vigilante, kid. Ain't hoppin' across dimensions. Ain't fraternize with royalty. Ain't sleep with demigods. And…Especially ain't savin' reality on daily basis….Unlike some.” Wolverine simply replied, yet though his last words sounded somewhat cold and cynically, like he would be even doubting about himself.

“Fame isn’t all it made out to be…” Peter chuckled humorously and scratching the back on his neck. “Consider myself lucky if I were you.”

“Yer right. Takes a lotta champagne ta wash down all that caviar. That’s tough goin'. Stak might relate ta ya.” Logan provocatively mocked Parker, still making a little fun about his royal status, once again making young stallion to feel somewhat uneasy.

“Pchm. You wish.” Felicia sarcastically scoffed, a former cat burglar having her very own experiences with nobles and rich people herself, managing to sneak her way in and taking her part on numerous noble parties and gatherings.

“You know Logan….” Twilight addressed her ponyfied mutant friend by realizing something with a strange hint of interest. “From what you told us from the part of your story, that you were teleported from some bar in a far Canada region. I know that Peter said that it was your supposed home country, but….you were quite far away from your turf.”

“Yeah.” Now Rainbow Dash added curiously. “And…How come that you are not with those fellow X-Mens of yours or the Avengers anyway?”

“Look…” Logan spoke off somewhat hesitantly, yet it started happening all over again as a strange and disturbing thoughts started rumbling in his head like a storm on a sea. “Lotta things had changed lately and I needed some time ta clear my head out. I have been on my path over a nearly half of year now.”

“Things changed? How exactly?” Peter asked quite in odd mixture of disbelief and curiosity, being a little familiar with Wolverines background while still being an X-Men back on Earth, yet still failing to get where Logan was heading to with that.

“You have actually mentioned that you had some sort of problems, wasn’t it Logan?” Twilight pointed on and much for Logans dismay unfortunately pulling out the topic about Wolverines personal matters, yet a concern started showing itself in mares deep violet eyes and a warm smile forming on her face. “Please, just don’t be shy and tell us. I believe that together we may find some solution. You are by the way our friend.”

Listening Twilight kinds and honest words, her deep violet eyes filled with sensitiveness and willingness to help, not to mention actually calling Logan a friend and despite having a soft spot for young ones, Wolverines cynical side and rather complicated pride however took its place, prompting gruff stallion not going soft. “I rather wouldn’t kid.” Logan cautiously declared and hawing his hoof dismissively.

“Why not?” Fluttershy meekly asked in disbelief as the others were also quite stunned by Logans reaction, refusing to confess or accept any help from his pony friends.

“Lets just say I have a personal rule ta deal with my problems on my own then dragging th' others along.” Wolverine thought spoke off in quite a more cautious and colder tone then, prompting others not to push the subject any further, with a sudden frustration building inside the gruff stallion.

“How in tarnation do ya mean it, partner?” Applejack blurted out, also failing to understand this whole rather bad tragedy.

“Men ain't talk about their problems. It just ain't suits us.” A low growl escaped from Logans throat, his voice steadily gaining of force, yet the X-Men did his best to hold his temper at bay. “And besides….That one is personal.”

“But Logan….” Twilight unfortunately urged further, trying to make a reason with Logan, which though showed to be a mistake. So far the ponies were provoking the cobra only with a little stick, but with Twilight they pulled a really molten and thick log on it. And that wasn’t good.

“JUST LEAVE IT! WILL YA?!” Logan menacingly lashed out on the fullest, his usually blue eyes once again morphing into shades of a jet black, crushing his already empty can of bear with his hoof and his tough gruff voice echoing throughout the room, sending the chills into everyponys spines. The X-Men lost his temper, well literally losing it bad. However, involuntarily scaring Little Ben in the process that a tiny unicorn started crying.

“Logan!” Twilight exhaled in quite a shock, nearly cringing herself from Logans outburst

Fortunately, taking a couple of deep regulate breaths, Logan managed to get a grip on his raging emotions with his eyes as fast as it came the same way they once again morphed back into shades of blue, only to realize what had just transpired. He just lashed out on his friends for no fair reason, not to mention scaring a little kid just because he got pissed off about a little thing and for quite no reason.

Seeing everypony around him taken aback and slightly frightened by his sudden outburst and Aunt May trying to shush a foal down in her hooves and Mayday cringing herself close to Parker and Sparkle, Logan was uncharacteristically ashamed hard of himself that he lashed out on his friends just like that. “Hurm…Sorry…I am sorry…” Logan weakly and incoherently murmured apology before quite frantically rushing from the living room downstairs.

“Okay…That has just happened.” Spike both weakly and dully dared to speak off after an awkward while of silence and with Logans hoofsteps not being heard.

“What in tarnation was that all about?” Applejack dared to ask as Aunt May finally managed to calm a Little Ben down, yet having not a slightest clue what had just happened with Logan lashing out just like that.

“What a rude and uncouth boor. Just what does he thinks to behave just like that?” Rarity spat, being rightfully upset about Logans sudden and weird outburst yet the fashionista tried to recuperate herself to comfort Fluttershy, as a shy Pegasus was also quite freaked out, cringing.

“More like a total jerk to be more specific. Almost like Jameson himself…Almost.” Trixie bluntly declared her own opinion, yet despite her own at times sarcastic and slight uncouth manners, the magician was evidently upset about Logans as well for behaving like that to her friends and family.

“Yeah.” Rainbow Dash huffed, rising herself from the floor flapping her wings angrily and shifting her violet glare to downstairs where Logan fled. “What is his problem anyway?”

“Guys…” Peter however declared after a while as he also managed to comfort Mayday, yet his tone sounding somewhat hesitant yet bearing a hint of discretion. “Listen. You are all upset about Logans rather eccentric behaviour, and so am I. But I think that it is also partly our fault.” Young stallions statement though earned him a couple of mixed gazes of others. “You see….Logan is quite a type that doesn’t talk too much about himself or anything else and rather tending to keep his own personal matters, like that one with Scott and Jean to himself.”

“I believe that Peter might be right.” Twilight declared, agreeing with her husbands statement. “Although I don’t appreciate Logans attitude, I quite understand that. I guess we had no right to push him so hard on the subject if he didn’t felt comfortable about or feeling too hard talking about it nor invading his personal space.”

“It is true that we all keep some things only to ourselves as personal matters. And Logan does as well. We just have to accept it. It is also maybe better that way.” Aunt May added in her own way as she gently cradling Ben in her hooves, sympathizing with her nephew as everypony present in the room eventually had to admit and knowing that the older mare along with Peter and Twilight had a point.

It was just like with Ponyville Confidential several years ago when Applebloom, Sweetibelle and Scootaloo were working as reporters for Ponyvilel Confidential newspaper, with Diamond Tiara as an editor in chief and unfortunately spying on, invading the personal spaces and printing on all sorts of libels and gossips about their friends personal matters, unfortunately deeply upsetting them and the entire village. Yet luckily everything ended up well, by Crusaders officially apologizing themselves and Diamond Tiara being deprived from her post.

“Actually…I can relate to that.” Spike gave his support, knowing exactly what his pony friends meant. It was more likely about Spikes obvious crush on Rarity as baby dragon actually shared his secret with both Twilight and Pinkie, yet Twilight much for his dismay couldn’t hold the secret, despite Pinkies constant warnings and acting like her conscience.

“I also guess that he still might be a little worn out from yesterday. Being teleported from Earth to Equestria between dimensions just like that, with so much things happening overnight and his entire life changing within a few hours. It….must be hard for him to deal with it, yet he cannot do it alone. Logan needs a time to get used and adjust to this new life. Therefore, he is also with us and it is up to us to help him, just like Peter when he first came into Equestria.” Twilight stated in a justifying and sympathetic like way and managing a warm serene smile as everypony in the room could do nothing but agree with young princess wise and sensible declaration.

“Well….At least he apologized and indeed felling sorry about this.” Flutershy who already recuperated from her fright meekly yet honestly stated for Logan defence.

“I also don’t thing he meant it bad.” Pinkie said solemnly, not taking Logan bad for his outburst in the slightest.

“Daddy?” Mayday asked with concern, patting her hoof over her fathers own. “Is…Logan going to be alright?”

“It is okay, sweetie. Logan has a solid root. I mean….A way solid.” Peter smiled warmly and patting his daughter on her head reassuringly. “I will have a word with him.”

Young stallion shared glances with others before exited the room and trotting downstairs with Twilight following her knight in pursuit. Peter and Twilight reached the ground floor and quite for their relief finding Logan trotting around in the library, taking a couple of deep intakes of air to steadily regulate his breathing.

“Hey. You alright, bub?” Peter carefully asked addressing his gruff partner, concern present in his voice, yet young stallion keept his distance in a case that Logans temper would like to flare out again.

“Yeah….I am fine. Thanks fer askin'.” Logan luckily replied with his gruff voice though already sounding more calmer and deliberate with no more traces of anger nor frustration, yet a realization sparkled within gruff stallion mind that though also impaled his heart with a strange hint of remorse. “Is…Is squirt okay?”

“Yeah. Ben is just doing fine, old chum. Aunt May really has golden hooves when it comes to babies” Peter replied reassuringly with a smile not forgiving himself a cute remark.

“Well….Thats good ta hear.” Logan declared in a somewhat solemn and relieved like manner before going on hesitantly. “Hurm….Sorry about that early. Sometimes I kin git….carry away.”

“That is okay, buddy.” Peter stated sympathetically in understatement. “Actually, I could quite relate on that. Sometimes….You just have enough of all, as it will eventually break in you and need to release some steam.”

“Actually….” Now Twilight declared solemnly also with a hint remorse present in her deep violet eyes as slowly closing her gap between herself and the X-Men. “We are sorry as well, Logan.”

“Huh?” Wolverine dully grunted bewildered, quite no getting Twilights response. “Fer whut?”

“We didn’t have any rights to invade your personal matters nor to push you on the subject when you didn’t feel comfortable to talk about it.” Young princess nearly whispered in a guilty like manner. “Whatever it is, it must have really irritated you, haven’t it.” Twilight asked carefully, yet Logan remained silent and merely nodding his head. “It is okay, Logan. Nopony is forcing and you don’t have to talk about it if it is too hard for you and we do respect it.” Twilight smiled warmly and gently squeezing Logans shoulder with her hoof.

Feeling young mares warm touch even through his leather jacket, Logan despite his no-nonsense attitude and stoic demeanour found himself straying. Twilight along with her other pony friends weren’t just any ordinary individuals he had ever known or met in his way long life, her deep violet eyes filled with sensitiveness, kindness and strangely understanding. Someone…Somepony he knew he could trust.

A strange and surprisingly a warm sensation started tingling inside Wolverines chest, underneath his adamantium lacked skeleton ribcage right in his heart. Though not having quite a clue why has this happening and despite his usually reserved nature and somehow, Logan couldn’t help but being prompted to cherish on this sensation, taking a grip on Twilight hoof of his own along with a ghost of yet honest smile forming on gruff stallions face.

“And besides…” Peter though stated in a more positive and cheerful like tone. “Why in the bucks are we going to talk about some personal matters when we have so much to catch up to do. The day is still young.” Young stallion stated in a very promising tone and playfully punching Logans shoulder. “And I may have just a perfect way how to really release some steam. What do you think old chum.”

Despite still feeling somewhat uncertain and not quite appreciating this mushy stuff, yet also judging it would be good to have some excitement as well as taking a better closer look around the Ponyville, Logan shared a brief glance with Twilight, who merely winked on him reassuringly with smile, encouraging the gruff stallion to do so.

Wolverine eventually sighed in quite a defeated like manner, yet his tough voice bearing a faint hint of interest and averting his gaze to Parker, yet his lips curling into a smirk. “Alright bub. Enlighten me.”



To be continued…..

PreviousChapters Next