• Published 9th Sep 2016
  • 3,192 Views, 26 Comments

Jaws - Equestria Girls - GunsRGreat



A shark is terrorizing the beach of Canterlot City and Sunset Shimmer wants to stop it. Will she get the shark? Or will the shark get her?

  • ...
21
 26
 3,192

Fourth of July

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I give you this chapter of this story, of this site, of this computer, of this state, of this country, of this world, of this solar system, of this galaxy, of this universe... and so on...

America's Birthday, Independence Day, 4th of July!

All of those things are the same thing, in which today was the 4th of July for the citizens of Canterlot. Tourist boats came into the docks of Canterlot Beach as tourists all around the globe swarmed the docks. Families, kids, senor citizens, you name it, they all wanted to go into the nice water of Canterlot Beach.

Soon the edge of Canterlot, mostly the beach, was flooded with tourists, wanting to get some Canterlot sea action inside them, which sounds wrong when you put it like that. They did hear about the "shark incident" but chose to ignore it because it wasn't clearly stated whether it was false or true.

However, that didn't stop them for wanting some sun, sea, and relaxation at possibly one of the best beaches in America. There they were, flooding the area, in their beach chairs, eating, having fun, making sand castles. However, it appears that none of the tourists aren't in the water. The water was empty, but the beach was full, crowded one might say.

Everyone was either standing still, talking to their friends and/or family, or sitting down playing or eating. However, one person who looked like she wasn't wearing swimming gear at all was in motion. That person was Sunset Shimmer. She and Dr. Whooves had a team out in sea to check the waters for that terrifying beast.

"Life guard says he can't see anything. How is it out there?" asked Sunset as she raised the walkie talkie to her mouth.

"Nothing here Sunset. And nothing on sonar." Dr. Whooves quickly replied and added.

"You didn't have to add 'sonar', I knew what you were saying."

"Just wanted to be clear, Sunset. Over and out."

Sunset looked at her walkie talkie in a confused manner, before shrugging. "Okay." she said to herself.

She and one other person was in motion, the announcer who was in front of the humongous crowd, wearing his black suit, holding a microphone in his hand.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the Fourth of July!" the announcer begin. "So what better way to celebrate it, by swimming in one of the most popular beaches in America, Canterlot Beach?"

The crowd went wild as they all started cheering as they all wanted to go into the beach.

As the announcer kept talking, Sunset was approached by Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash, all wearing swimsuit materials.

"Sunset." Rarity said behind her, as Sunset turned around. "I just wanted to tell you, to keep our sisters away from the ocean."

"Ahem." said Rainbow.

"I'm sorry, our sisters and friend, away from the ocean."

"We'd like 'em kept in one piece, you hear?" asked Applejack.

"Now listen, girls, I can't promise anything. I can't just take that away from them, you girls know they love swimming, and Sweetie Belle just got her boat, and I heard her saying how she can't wait to ride in it. It's not fair to take that away from just those girls while everyone else is having fun in the water." defended Sunset.

"They aren't gonna have fun when the shark appears." said Rainbow, sternly.

Sunset sighed, not knowing what to do in this predicament. "Fine, how about they go to the pond. There's no sharks out there and people can still see them."

The three teenaged girls thought about it for a while before looking back at Sunset.

"Fine." said Rainbow Dash.

By now, the announcer finished speaking and yet still no one went into the water. Again, they heard that there was a killer shark, but didn't believe it. That doesn't mean they're cautious about the water either. Most of the time, the children wanted to go in the water, but they're parents simply said, 'What a minute.'

A couple were enjoying the beach, like the rest of the people, until a familiar person came towards them. It was the Mayor, who else?

"Hey, Sweet Family." said the Mayor.

The male turned to him, as did his wife.

"Oh hey, Mayor." he said.

"Enjoying the beach?"

"Well of course, the kids are playing in the sand, making sand castles. I just put on some sun screen-"

"Sweet, no one is going in the water."

Sweet Family looked at her with confusion.

"Because there's a shark in there." he said.

"Trust me, Sweet, there's not. It's just a myth. Once you go in, everyone else will, and we need people in the water. So go on in."

Sweet Family looked at his... well family, before getting up, grabbing a tire. He grabbed his wife's hand, who grabbed their son's hand. There they started walking towards the water, cautiously. Sweet paddled his tire in, all while watching out for some fins.

A few kids saw the family go in, and screamed in happiness as they all got up. Soon, another family got up to go in there, then another, then another. Soon a chain reaction started as almost everyone ran towards the water. Now the beach was packed full of tourists in water now.

Families started talking to each other, having a great time, as the kids splished and splashed around, while another kid got on a boogie board and started paddling his way.

Back on the beach, Sweetie Belle, Applebloom, and Scootaloo, with the help of other kids, were carrying their boat towards the pond, where it would be a safe distance from the shark.

However, unbeknownst to the tourists, something was lurking right below their feet, something great.

"I'm pleased to say that we have caught a shark that supposedly injured some people on this beach. Now it's a beautiful day, let's have some fun, and lets all make friends. If only this place was called Amity Beach, because Amity as he know means 'friendship'." The Mayor said to the news reporter as some tourists in the background started waving their hands in the air, trying to get on live television.

The patrols on the water tried their best, making sure no sharks intruded their area. However, a fin snuck past them, a fin going towards the tourists. What were these patrols doing, looking at their toes?

One man was having fun with his family until he turned around to see the fin coming right towards the crowd. He went from happy to frightened in a flick of a switch, as he frantically started swimming away. Same thing towards a woman, as she started swimming away as well.

"Shark!" yelled the woman. "Shark! Shark in the water!"

Fortunately, the life guard heard this and on his station, he saw a black fin coming towards the tourists. Not wasting time, he grabbed his whistle and blew as hard as he could. The loud deafening sound was heard amongst all tourists as they all saw the fin coming towards them. The patrols ready their weapons and waited for a clear shot, until everyone was out of the water.

By now, all tourists were swimming away from the water, pushing and shoving each other, as a man took a kid's boogie board and started swimming away. Every second was like a nightmare for these people as they swam for their lives towards the beach.

People all gathered by the beach, helping their friends and families to their safety, as one man was unfortunately trampled by a dozen of bare feet, barely breathing as his head was stomped in the water and wet sand. He coughed and spat out water and gasped for air, before someone managed to drag him away, still spitting out sand and water.

The fin, however, stopped near the patrol boats as it sunk into the water, revealing it to be two teenaged boys, Snips and Snails. They were in scuba gear as they both gave high fives, before hearing a clicking noise. They turned to see the patrol people aiming their guns at them, slowly putting them away as they saw Snips and Snails.

"Oops." said Snails.

"It was just a prank?" said Snips, nervously.

Back on the beach, Sunset was making people back up, and helping the people who were injured during the frenzy.

"Sunset, come in Sunset." said Dr. Whooves to his walkie talkie.

Hearing this, Sunset grabbed her walkie talkie. "Go ahead, Dr. Whooves."

"It was a false alarm. Two teenaged boys had a cardboard cut out fin and used it to scare the tourists."

"We're sorry!" yelled Snips.

Hearing that familiar voice, she sighed. "Snips and Snails, who else. Okay, tell their parents they're alright. Let them off easy, just say they were trying to have fun at a bad time."

"Copy that Sunset."


During all the chaos on the beach, a fin was spotted near the pond, swimming right where the Cutie Mark Crusaders were. This time, the fin was real.

Luckily, a woman who was walking on shore, spotted the fin, and grew a frantic look on her face.

"Shark! Sh-shark!" she yelled. "Shark in the pond! Shark, in the estuary! It's going in the pond! It's going in the pond!"

Beside her, was the same kid during Diamond Tiara's attack, Hunter Blood. He was wearing swim trunks as he laid in his beach chair, wearing sun glasses. His tattoos on his body visible. He lifted the sunglasses to look at the woman, with an annoyed look.

"Listen, lady, shut up! I'm trying to relax here, but I can't when you keep crying wolf." Hunter then put his sunglasses back on as he leaned in on his chair. "Besides, the shark's dead, it was caught yesterday."

"Shark! Shark! There's a shark!" the lady kept yelling.


The cries of shark was heard by Sunset, who looked at her general direction.

"Not another hoax." she said.

Before she could go check, Applejack grabbed her arm, having a concern look on her face. "Applebloom an' her friends are in the pond." she said.

Hearing this, she started running towards the pond, hoping she'll get there on time.


Out in the pond, The Cutie Mark Crusaders were on the boat that Sweetie Belle got on her birthday. Applebloom was working on a white rope so they could make sure they don't drift too far.

"Maybe you have to tie it the other way around." suggested Sweetie Belle.

"Ah know how to tie a knot." stated Applebloom.

"Sure looks like you don't." commented Scootaloo.

A man in a red rowing boat came rowing in towards them. "Hey girls! Girls! Do you think you can reel it in?" he yelled.

Sunset came running and running, closer each second, hoping she'll get there before anything happens.

Unbeknownst to the man, the shark came closer and closer to him. "Hey, are you girls alright?" he asked.

Then all of a sudden, the shark collided with the boat, causing the man to fall in the water. The man's boat also collided with The Cutie Mark Crusader's boat, making them fall in the water. Both the man and the girls came out of the water, gasping for air.

The man started swimming towards his boat until the beast from below grabbed onto his leg. He felt the pull and started panicking as he frantically tried to grab his boat, but to no avail. He started screaming, and screaming, catching the attention of several people, including Hunter himself.

He took off his sun glasses and squinted towards the man's direction. He could see the man waving his arms as he screamed bloody murder.

Finally, after one final scream, he was taken under water, the area where he was turning red. In the bottom of the pond, the man's dismembered leg fell to the bottom, loose skin falling as the tip of his tibia bone was shown.

Hunter looked at this ghastly sight, before putting his sunglasses back on.

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that." he said.

"The shark ate that man!" yelled a woman.

"Gonna pretend I didn't hear that either."

"There's a shark in the water, and there's kids, too!" yelled a man.

"... I'm just gonna leave." said Hunter, nonchalantly, before getting off his chair.

Applebloom looked at this site and become traumatized, fainting in the water. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo emerged from the water and immediately saw Applebloom, lying in the middle of the water. Swimming towards her, they quickly grabbed her and started swimming towards the shore.

By now, Sunset witnessed the man's death and looked over the bridge to see the shark leaving the pond to go into the open sea. A whole crowd of people passed her as she looked to see Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo dragging Applebloom on shore. Seeing Applebloom not moving, she started running at full speed to go to her.

She approached Applebloom as Applejack came running behind her.

"Is she dead?" asked Applejack.

"No, she's in shock." replied Sunset as she grabbed Applebloom after taking a towel from a man.

She wrapped it around the poor girl and gave her to Applejack. Applejack walked away with Applebloom in her hands, followed by Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Sunset however looked at the bridge and looked out to the sea. This time, she really needed to talk to the Mayor.

Will this beast ever stop terrorizing Canterlot Beach?

Comments ( 4 )

very good loved it

7797252 When is the next chapter coming out?

8159570 Unfortunately this is going on hiatus until further notice. I have an even bigger project that I am currently working on.... plus Jaws is no longer on Netflix and I don't have the DVD.

8160461
Well, look for the movie on the internet.

Login or register to comment