• Published 9th Sep 2016
  • 3,192 Views, 26 Comments

Jaws - Equestria Girls - GunsRGreat



A shark is terrorizing the beach of Canterlot City and Sunset Shimmer wants to stop it. Will she get the shark? Or will the shark get her?

  • ...
21
 26
 3,192

Hunting For The Shark and Dr. Whooves

The morning after Lyra's and Bon-Bon's attempt to catch the shark was a busy one. During the night, Sunset made a phone call to an oceanography expert by the name of Dr. Whooves from Manehattan. She was informed that the two best friends attempted to catch the shark by her co-captain, Blue Tide.

"So after they tried to catch it, they were starting to think how to explain to Mrs. Heartstrings on what happened to her freezer full of meat." explained Blue Tide.

"That's not funny! That's not funny at all!" exclaimed Sunset as both of them were walking at the pier. They came across some fisherman, arguing about something, most likely the shark. However, a person across the pier was getting off a boat. This person had brown hair, stroked back into spikes, and had a brown trench coat and black pants. A man held out his hand for him, which he gladly accepted.

"Hello." said the man in the trench coat.

"Hello back, young feller. How are you?" asked the man who helped him up. The man in the trench coat heard a commotion coming from where Sunset was and decided to go see what was going on. Turns out there were people boarding a small boat that fits for 1, the only problem is that 3 people were trying to get on.

"I'm just saying you won't be able to float with that many people on board!" yelled Sunset over the commotion.

"Yeah well we need more people!" yelled the man.

"You don't need that many people!"

"Hey excuse me," said the man in the trench coat. "that boat only fits for 1, so I suggest that you other 2 either find a bigger boat, or you get yourselves one."

"Ah! Who asked you." said the man as he waved him off. Sunset looked to her side to see a similar problem and decided to go give them a piece of her mind. She walked over to the end of the dock, followed by the trench coat guy.

"Hey! How many people are you gonna board?!" asked Sunset.

"As much as we want!" answered a man.

"Yeah well that isn't safe!" A man then came walking through the two carrying dynamite, and the man in the trench coat noticed this.

"Hey hey, watch it, that's dynamite." said trench coat guy. Hearing this, Sunset turned to see the man boarding the boat with the dynamite.

"Hey. What are you doing with that?" asked Sunset.

"I'm going on the boat." answered the man.

"No you can't do that." Sunset turned to the trench coat man. "Listen, can you help me get those people out of there?" asked Sunset as she walked off. The trench coat man turned to the group of people boarding a boat.

"Gentlemen! Hey! The office is telling me that you're overloading that boat!" yelled the man in the trench coat. The other men waved him off, as one said 'Go to hell.' "Alright, well can you tell me if there's a restaurant or hotel in this city?"

"Ah, you walk straight ahead." said a man, causing him and his whole crew to laugh, while the trench coat guy laughed sarcastically as he walked away.

"Ha ha ha. They're all gonna die." he said.


"Listen Tidal Wave, we need more signs out there! Can you contact the police to make more signs?" asked Sunset over the phone with her boss. She turned to her side and saw her co-captain, Blue Tide, standing there, smoking. She grabbed a few pebbles and threw it at the window, catching Blue's attention. He turned to see Sunset inside and waved, while Sunset motioned him to get in there. Blue saw this and walked to the door.

"Yeah we need more signs out there. They're fishing for the fish, all in small boats for crying out loud. I understand that there's a bounty, but we still need more signs. Signs like: Can't Boat or Fish without Big Boat or something, I don't know. Listen I'll talk to you later, I'm sorry about your mother. Bye." Sunset hung up the phone.

"Yeah." started Blue. Sunset took the cigarette out of his mouth and gave him a concerned look.

"What are you doing out there? You need to help me, get those people out of the water. There's too many of them, they're our people right?"

"Our people? They're not our people. Have you seen the license plates. Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey. I'm all alone out there. What about the help from Manehattan?"

"That's not until the 4th of July." Just then, the man in the trench coat came in and stared at the two of them.

"Hey you know those people on the boats? Well none of them are gonna come back alive." he said. Sunset rolled her eyes and looked at Blue Tide.

"Blue this is what I'm talking about. You know tourists, go talk some sense into them, and call the police to get more signs." With that Blue left the building, leaving the man in the trench coat and Sunset Shimmer.

"Listen, I'd like to know where Sunset Shimmer is." said the man. Sunset looked at him confusingly.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Dr. Whooves, I'm from the Oceanographic Institute." said Dr. Whooves. Sunset smiled.

"Oh your the guy we called. I'm Sunset. I'm Sunset." Sunset said raising her hand out.

"Ohoho. Nice to meet you." said Dr. Whooves as he shook her hand. "Now I think the first thing to do first is to look at the first victim, the girl on the beach."

"Alright, well bare with me, it's not a sight for kind hearts, and I know someone who has a pure kind heart."

"I probably seen worse."


"Wait'll we get them silly bastards down in that rock pile." said the same man that helped Dr. Whooves off his boat, who's name was Fishing Trap. "They'll wish their fathers had never met their mothers when they start taking their bottoms out and slamming into them rocks, boy."

"What are you saying?!" yelled his friend over the loud motor.

"Get away from there you goddamn fool, you! What's the matter with you? You want to swamp us, you crazy son of a bitch?" yelled Fishing Trap.

Over at another boat, some people were chumming in order to lure the shark.

"What're you guys doing?" asked a fisherman.

"They're chumming." answered the driver.

"Chumming, what the hell is that?"

"They're tracking the shark."

At another boat, a man was lighting dynamite and was ready to throw it out into the ocean.

"$300,000 dived by four ways is what?" asked a man as the dynamite exploded in the water.

"Watch your starboard! Jesus!" yelled a fisherman as he started throwing chum into the water.


Sunset Shimmer and Dr. Whooves entered the autopsy room where the remains of Daisy laid below a blanket.

"Let's show Dr. Whooves what happened." said Sunset Shimmer to another man as Dr. Whooves grabbed a clipboard from Sunset.

"Victim identified as Daisy "Flower Wishes" Tulip, female Caucasian. Uh, probably boating accident." stated Dr. Whooves as he read the autopsy report. The third man grabbed the remains of Daisy, which were hidden in a bucket with a blanket on top. The man turned on the light as Dr. Whooves gave him the clipboard.

"The height and weight of the victim can only be estimated from the partial remains..." started Dr. Whooves as he uncovered the remains. Upon laying eyes on it, he gagged, turning away and looked like he was going to throw up.

"Yeah I got the same reaction from my ex-boyfriend." said Sunset.

"Fascinating." he said before going back to look at the remains, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"The torso has be severed in mid-thorax. There are no major organs remaining." stated Dr. Whooves before turning to the third man. "May I have a glass of water, please?"

"Sure." said the man as he went over to the sink and grabbed a glass.

"Right arm has been severed above the elbow with massive tissue loss in the upper musculature." said Dr. Whooves as he grabbed the glass of water from the man, thanking him. He chugged it down in one sip before going back to the report. "Partially denuded bone remaining. This was no boat accident. Did you notify the Coast Guard about this?"

"No, we don't have that authority, the police does." answered Sunset.

"You're not part of the police?"

"I'm a 17 year old girl, I can't join the force, I'm only an advanced lifeguard!" argued Sunset. Realizing his mistake, Dr. Whooves went back to the remains.

"The left arm, head, the shoulders, sternum and portions of the rib cage are intact." he said before grabbing the arm that had a big chunk of it missing. "This is what happens. Indicates the non-frenzied feeding of a large squalus, possibly a longimanus or isurus glaucus." He then covered up the remains with the blanket before turning to Sunset. "Now the enormous amount of tissue loss prevents any detailed analysis, however the attacking squalus muse be considerably larger than any normal squalus found in these waters."

The third man looked like he was so confused that he didn't even know why he was hear, upon hearing many scientifically names when he could've said, 'shark' or 'bigger shark'.

"Didn't you get on a boat and check out these waters?" asked Dr. Whooves to Sunset.

"No." she said sounding like she realized a mistake.

"Well, this was not a boat accident. It wasn't any propeller. It wasn't any coral reef and it wasn't the Zodiac Killer." said Dr. Whooves.

"Ted Cruz?" asked the third man.

Dr. Whooves splashed water on his face before taking a deep breath and looking at Sunset.

"It was a shark." he said.

"So it wasn't Ted Cruz?"


Shark indeed. Out in the docks, the local fishermen caught what appeared to be a huge shark, although they didn't know what kind it was because all they cared about was the reward money. There was a bunch of cheering going on as well as a hook was stabbed through the nose of the shark to lift it's mouth open, revealing a bloody discord of insides.

Sunset Shimmer and Dr. Whooves walked towards the commotion to see the shark for themselves, as Photo Finish and another girl were getting ready to take a picture. Sunset Shimmer stood there in awe at the sight at the beast being caught, whilst Dr. Whooves went over to the shark to do some research on it, bringing measuring tape.

"Fishing Trap catch this?" asked Sunset.

"Naw we did yah see." said a fisherman. Sunset gained a huge smile on her face as she approached the fisherman to congratulate them, while Dr. Whooves wasn't ready to congratulate just yet.

Out by the docks, a boat was being driving by the person who said he'll catch the shark for a million dollars, Nicklesworth or as he likes to be called, Roger.

"Enough! I need a photo for the paper!" yelled Photo Finish as everyone got ready to take the picture, with Dr. Whooves still examining the mouth. A fisherman held up the Beach Closed sign so it could be seen, as Sunset got in the crowd. "You there! I need you out of the shot!" Dr. Whooves looked at her as he grabbed his equipment and walked away. Photo Finish then took a stance and looked into the camera and took the photo. "Enough! I'm gone!" she yelled as she and a few others zoomed out of there.

Everyone stood up and went about their business while Sunset noticed the Mayor walking towards the crowd.

"Mayor!" she yelled. "Mayor, you won't believe it!" she yelled as he walked to the Mayor.

Back at the shark, the fisherman wanted to know what kind of shark did they catch, but didn't care if it was the same shark.

"What kind of shark is it?" asked a fisherman.

"Gee I don't know. I think it's a ma-coe." said another.

"It's got a deep throat Frank!" yelled another as he stuck his head inside the shark, making his voice echo.

"Yah, I know I know, but what kind?" asked the first fisherman.

"Tiger Shark." answered Dr. Whooves.

The fishermen looked at Dr. Whooves in a wierd way, as if they never even heard that name before.

"A whaaat?" asked the first fisherman.

Back with Sunset and the Mayor, they were extremely excited that they finally caught their problem, especially the Mayor.

"We can start making money again!" yelled the Mayor.

"You bet we are." said Sunset as they walked on the sidewalk.

Back at the shark, the fishermen were mad at these scientific words that Dr. Whooves kept speaking of and just wanted to know what the hell he was saying.

"What is this bite radius crap? That is a big mouth! You know, I'm gonna stuff your friggin' head in there, man, and find out if it's a man eater, all right?" exclaimed the first fisherman.

Dr. Whooves however was trying to explain what he was saying but kept getting cut off by the fishermen, eventually leading him to walk away from the group.

"I'm not saying this isn't the shark. What I am saying is that it may not be the shark." explained Dr. Whooves. Sunset approached him, along with the Mayor, and grabbed his arm.

"Dr. Whooves, this is our Mayor... Mayor." she said with a smile. Dr. Whooves could care less about the Mayor but decided to be polite and shook her hand, but kept his gaze on the shark.

"Nice to meet you. Listen Sunset can I talk to you for a sec?" asked Dr. Whooves as he and Sunset walked away from the Mayor. "Sunset, there are all kinds of sharks in the waters, you know? Hammerheads, white tips, blues, makos, and the chances that these bozos got the exact shark-"

"Oh there are no other sharks like this Dr. Whooves. We got it, we got the shark. The beach can now open." said Sunset excitingly.

"Sunset, Sunset. It's 100 to 1. 100 to 1. Now, I'm not saying that this isn't the shark. It probably is, Sunset. It probably is. But the fact is, the bite radius on the shark is different than the wounds of the victim." Realizing what he said and meant made her smile go down into a concerned look, this also caught the attention of the Mayor. "Now what I want to do is very simple. The digestive system of this animal is very, very slow. Let's cut it open. Whatever it's eaten in the last 24 hours is bound to still be in there, and then we'll be sure. I just... I want to be sure. You want to be sure, we all want to be sure."

Sunset looked at the Mayor with a look then back at Dr. Whooves, then back to the Mayor.

"May be our only choice Mayor." said Sunset.

"Look Sunset, Mr. Whooves. I'm not gonna have some sort of shark-topsy right now and see that little Tiara girl spill out all over the dock and scare away the folks." said the Mayor. She looked away from the two people standing next to her and saw someone coming for them. This caught the attention of both Sunset and Dr. Whooves.

They saw Spoiled Rich and Filthy Rich come walking towards them in funeral outfits, with Spoiled Rich having an extremely mad look on her face. She approached Sunset and stared her cold dead in the eyes.

"Sunset Shimmer." she started.

"Yeah." said Sunset.

Spoiled Rich then smacked her face so hard, that it caught the attention of everyone on the docks, leaving a pink mark on her left cheek. Spoiled Rich then started sobbing as she kept looking her in her eyes. The whole dock had eyes on the two and went completely silent.

"I just found out that a girl got killed here last week... and you knew it... you knew there was a shark out there... you knew it was dangerous... but you let people go swimming anyways... you knew all those things... but still my girl is dead now... and there's nothing you can do about it...my girl is dead... I wanted you to know that."

With that said, she began sobbing and sobbing some more, eventually leading to Filthy Rich to come and conformt her and walked her away. Filthy then looked behind him and gave Sunset a disgusted look before getting in his limousine.

"I'm sorry Sunset. She's wrong." said the Mayor in an attempt to conformt her.

"No she's not." was all Sunset could say.

Sunset then walked away from the Mayor and Dr. Whooves to go to Rainbow's house for some conformting with her friends... that and they were having another slumber party there.

"Alright... if anyone needs me, I'll be in my office." said the Mayor.

Dr. Whooves looked at Sunset as she walked away with a somber but sympathetic look.