• Published 20th Aug 2016
  • 231 Views, 5 Comments

Visions - CloverStarshine



What happens when you can sense the future? Most ponies would love that kind of powers, but does who have it, know and feel different.

  • ...
 5
 231

Chapter 2: If A Pony Who Read Your Thoughts and Says She Has the Same Powers as You You Should Believe Her for She Could Help You.

I don't know what had happened next. All I remembered was the sensation of someone pulling me away. Then lights out. I woke up with a start. Wherever I was it was dark. I desperately looked for my iPony, wanting to call Discord or someone to get me out of here. But the room, being pitch black, I couldn't see anything.

"Okay whoever you are," I said trying to sound certain. "You're going to have to let me go or else-."

"Discord is going to come and get me and things won't end so well," said a female voice.

"How did you-," I started, but the voice once again interrupted me.

"Guess what you were thinking," said the voice. "I'll tell you if you do what I ask." The lights went on and a mare with a shawl approached me. "Read my mind," she said.

"What?," I asked. "Why would you want me to read your mind? I mean, I can't read your mind. That's impossible."

"Don't play dumb with me Fluttershy," said the mare. "Read my mind or you will never see the light of day again." Her voice sounded menacing, as if there was no way around. If I didn't do it, I would never walk out of here again, Discord would never figure out what happened to me, and my friends will go out on a wild goose chase. So I took a deep breath, concentrated, then read her mind.

"You're thinking about the time you saw me at Filly Ave. 71str," I said. "You remember seeing an orange mare being whirled in the air when I screamed at her. You think I have the same abilities as you so you brought me here to test your hypothesis." Silence followed as I finished. After what appeared to be five minutes, the mare finally spoke.

"Guess I was wrong," she said. "After all these years, I thought I was the only one. Now I'm standing in front of another pony like me."

"Could i just ask," I started. "Who might you be?"

At this, the mare threw off her shawl. She was a purple earth pony with magenta eyes. She had a short mane that was a darker shade of magenta and blue. Her cutie mark appeared to be a bright purple spear that shine with a blue ribbon surrounding it. "Name's Sensila," she said, holding out her hoof.

"Oh, I'm Fluttershy," I said, taking her hoof and feeling stupid about the statement. "Can I ask, why did you bring me here? Besides what I read from your mind if you have another explanation."

"Well," started Sensila. "You see after I saw you earlier today, I thought that you might need help controlling your powers. Learning more about them."

"Well you're right about that," I said.

"Tell me," started Sensila. "When you get a vision do you tell someone? And do they believe you?"

"Well I tell most of my visions to my roommate Discord," I said. "He's the only one who truly believes me. Back at school, ponies always bullied me for being, different. They called me crazy and a freak. Not Discord. He stood up for me at times."

"What made him believe you?," asked Sensila. "I mean, what made him see the truth that other ponies couldn't see?"

"Well a bunch of times when I told him of my visions," I started. "It sometimes saved him from harm or he actually saw it happen. Ever since then he sometimes helped me to avoid some visions I get."

"Oh," said Sensila, as an apple levitated towards her. "I used to have someone who believed in me. But he used my powers to make himself rich with the lottery. He goes by Filthy Rich now. Though his real name, was Brown Leaf. He used to be such a great guy. The only one who truly believed in me. We once, I remembered, had a thing going on. I remember, falling in love with him. He told me he loved me back when I told him I loved him." She munched a piece of the apple gulped it then continued. "It was, one day, after winning the lottery for the fiftyth time, I saw him with a mare, a rich one. She was one ugly prune if you asked me, but the fact that she was rich drove him. Her name was Spoiled Rich and believe me her name was no coincidence. My heart ached when I saw and knew he had used me. I couldn't believe he had used me for money. The laughs we shared, the memories we made, was all just a pile of garbage. Nothing but a bunch of lies. That's why I shut myself from everyone. That's why I now lurk in the shadows."

"But Discord is nothing like that," I said. "He would never use me for my powers. I mean, why would he when he could bend reality with a snap of his fingers. The point is he has helped me and, saved my life here and then just like I did."

"Let's just hope he's not like every bastard here," said Sensila.

"Listen I'm sorry for what that stallion did to you," I said. "That was so cruel, so evil."

"Don't feel sorry," said Sensila. "It's my fault. I should've known better than to trust someone. Especially a stallion."

My thoughts lingered back to what she had said earlier. "You told me you could help me control my powers? Well, can you do that."

"Sure why not," said Sensila eating the last bit of the apple before levitating it to a garbage can dropping it there. "You see, our powers are based on what we feel. What are emotions are. Control your emotions, and that's the first step towards controlling your powers."

That must be how I had flung Applejack to a wall and the tree nearby me exploded. That's when I heard my iPony ring. And I knew it could only be one certain draconequus.

"Um Sensila?," I began. "Could I just, I think Discord is calling me. I think if I don't answer he'll be worried about me. I won't tell about you to him. I'll just say I'm at a friend's house." I hated the idea of lying to him, but considering Discord, I knew he wouldn't quite approve the idea of staying at a stranger's house, especially if I'd been forced to come here.

"Sure, I don't see why not," said Sensila as she levitated my cell phone to me. Just as I suspected, the caller marked Discord.

"Hey Discord," I answered.

"Fluttershy where in Equestria are you?," he asked a bit worried. "Are you trying to stop another one of your visions? Are you okay?"

See what I mean, worried sick. "No I'm alright," I said. "I'm at my friend Applejack's hotel room. I met her at work and she was staying with her little sister Apple Bloom for some time here."

I could hear Discord taking a breath in relief. "Phew. I thought something bad had happened to you. Next time, call me okay?"

"Okay," I said smiling. At least someone truly cared for me.

"Okay then," Discord said. "I'll just leave you to it. Catch ya later."

"Bye then," I said. I then ended the call and placed my iPony on a nearby table.

"Guess he really does care for you," said Sensila. "I mean, over from what I heard he sounds really protective about you."

"Wait you were listening to our conversation?," I asked my head going red.

"Well sometimes I just can't handle it," she said with a wink. "Now we should probably 'get to it' you know."

I nodded, as my red faded away. Hearing her say how Discord truly cared about me, not mentioning how he looked or other negative thoughts, made me feel a bit more secured about her. Well considering the fact that she never met him could change after she did. But who knows?

"I want you to break this glass," said Sensila holding a tall glass cup in front of me. "Channel your emotions using anger. Channel your anger here."

"But how can I do that," I asked. "I mean, how can I be mad for no apparent reason?"

"Think of a time you were mad," said Sensila. "How about when someone ruined you science fair project? Or destroyed your scrapbook with the best moments of your life stored inside? How about when someone bullies your friend Discord?"

She needed not to say anymore as I immediately closed my eyes and did what she told me. I thought of the anger I felt back at school when they bullied Discord. How he hid his pain in front of everyone but then when they were gone and we two were alone he would cry, letting all the hurt out. I remembered how angry I was at Applejack, how she said he was nothing but trouble and just, nothing. I thought on how much I wanted to slam her to that wall, only harder. How much I meant to do that for what she said. I felt the anger. It was like a steaming batch of vegetables burning against me, making me hot. The anger fueled and the glass shattered. I opened my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Not bad for a rookie," said Sensila. "Now use the emotion of happiness to bring the glass together again. Think happy thoughts. Happy memories at best."

Once again I closed my eyes and concentrated hard but not too hard. I thought of the birthday parties Pinkie Pie always threw for me, how she would make them super extra fun and how she was always super active and always trying to make me smile. I thought on how generous Rarity was with me, how she always lends a hoof whenever I need it. I thought about Discord, how he's always there for me through thick and thin. Always there to make me smile and make sure I'm safe. I smiled and felt the glass come together. I opened my eyes and saw the glass in its perfect state. No cracks, looking good as new. I had to say I was kind of impressed.

"Good for a start," said Sensila. "For that all I can do right now is teach you how to control and channel your emotions. But meet me in Ponyville at the Everfree Forest, there I could teach you more."

I nodded, but felt a twinge of doubt hit me. Ponyville was near Applejack's home Sweet Apple Acres. The last thing I wanted now was to be anywhere near her. But I simply nodded because, I really wanted to get to know more about these powers.

"Well that's that," said Sensila. "You really should get going. If you want I'll walk with you home."

"No thanks, I'll be just fine," I said. I didn't want Discord to get all worried of seeing me with another unknown pony. Sensila showed me the way out and out I went, out of the abandoned run down house.

Author's Note:

Finally it came out! Special thanks to LiterarySerenity for editing and helping me with my writing.:twilightsmile:

Comments ( 3 )

By this point, Fluttershy almost feels like a benevolent Carrie (from the Stephen King novel)--if someone took the time to help her manage her powers or emotions. I'm also interested in finding out more about Sensila. You do well in setting up her character here, and getting me as a reader invested in her as a mentor of sorts for Fluttershy. Awesome!

Login or register to comment