• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 5,360 Views, 224 Comments

From Order to Chaos - Neoandermcd



My life was simple, but everything changed after the chess game attacked...wait wrong story. This is the story of a man who tries to hold onto his sanity while participating in a game created by the gods.

  • ...
24
 224
 5,360

Meeting with the Princesses

Well enjoy, oh and also problem JJ Malcolm P.S. you'll know what i mean

I awoke in a dimly lit room. The sound of a steady drip could be heard in the distance. As my eyes adjusted to the light of the room I could see that it was small. The room was about the size of a bedroom with an old worn out looking bed in one corner and a bucket in the opposite…I don’t even want to know why the bucket is over there.

I could see a royal guard standing there with his polished gold armor in the distance with a blank expression as if waiting for the slightest movement or like one of those guards in Britain who are just paid to stand around. Or I think that’s what they do, I have no frickin idea. Oh, I would also like to point out that I was behind bars and completely chained, tied up, and other means of being constrained.

Because I could barely move my hand without it rubbing up against my restraints. The guard must’ve noticed that I was slightly moving, because we locked eyes with one another for a few seconds before he walked off. I could hear him discussing something with another guard though it didn’t last long as he came back and stood in his original position.

‘Jail. I’m in jail. My first day--or maybe second day-- in Equestria and I’m in jail. Just fan frickin tastic…Well it could have been worse I guess. I could have been turned into stone like Discord.’ I mused while I waited for the princess, since I was pretty sure they’re the ones who were going to decided what to do with me.

“*Whistles* Didn’t know you were into bondage or maybe the princess are.” Said an all too familiar voice. Turning my head I noticed Derange just floating by on a light brown cloud. Set individual lying down on the cloud with no care in the world.

I tried to talk, but all that came was basically how the Pyro talks. Which is a shit load of muffled sounds.

“Sorry, I don’t speak Pyro right now.” Derange said and added lazily. “Speak in your head.”

“You mean like use my mind?” I question, but got a look of ‘no shit, Sherlock’ from Derange. “So then you can just show up outside of my head as well?” I asked hoping the answer would be no.

“What did you expect me to do just stay in our head for this whole journey? Pfft ta hell with that. I want out. I want to see the world through my/our eyes and not just your/our eyes.” He said, though the look on his face was almost pleading.

I was going to say he couldn’t, but I stopped myself and really thought about it from his point of view. He’s been forced to stay behind the walls of my inner mind, coming out maybe once in a full blown moon only to be forced back into his ‘cage’ right afterwards. Eventually the question change from should I let him too should I trust him. From what I understand--which is not a lot right now--, he’s everything I’m not and being a Draconequus means that he’ll have more of an effect on what I do/think from now on.

But he’s also an extension of who I am and who I always wanted to be. A person who wants to go out and have fun. Too not care about what others think or the repercussions of one’s action. Could I…no should I trust such an individual with the freedom to roam around like that? I thought about this for the next couple of minutes the only sound was the occasion shuffling of the guards and the dripping of water.

“Fine, you can stay.” His face had the biggest grin I’ve ever seen. It could have easily match Pinkie Pie. “But if you cause too many problem it's right back into the head with you.” I said sternly.

“Sir. Yes, sir.” He saluted mockingly.

“Now with that solved, can you unshackle my hand? They’re starting to chafe.”

“No can do boss.” He said and plopped onto the bridge of my snout. “See those little runes on the wall. Those are cancelling out our chaos magic. So even though I’m here, I’m technically not at the same time”.

“So basically outside of these ruin you’d be able to help me, but here you can’t.” I summarized.

“Basically, though I’m surprised you haven’t tried locking picking your way out.” He said while tilting his head in confusion.

“Why would I have knowledge of-” I was about to retort when the knowledge of lock picking just showed up. It was weird. It felt like trying to remember a distant memory. Sure it’s there, but trying to remember what happened in great detail is very, very difficult. So there it was the random knowledge of lockpicking.

Do I dare want to question/argue about this right now? No, not really. But instead I’m going to use this as a…bargaining chip. Using my Eagle hand I got to work on freeing myself. After about two failed attempts, I was finally able to get my other hand free and quickly got to work on the other. About ten minutes later both my hands were free and I was able to move both of them. Although I made sure to hide that fact unless I wanted a whole squad of guards on me.

That’s when I heard the sound of a door opening/closing, followed by the sound of hoof steps. I could hear two females talking, but of what I couldn’t tell. Celestia was the first to enter, her face was flushed with hope--if that makes sense--,while Luna trailed right behind her. Though she had a more concerned look than her sister.

“Disarray, is it you?” Celestia asked, her eyes were red probably from crying and her voice was barely audible.

“Tia it’s not-” Luna tried to say, but her sister ignored her as she got up close. She was merely a foot away from me and surprised me as she started to cry softly begging to no one in particular.

I hesitated on answering. My mind was still too dumb founded at the scene playing before me. Here was Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria crying in front of a complete stranger in the hopes I was someone she knew. I look at Luna who was comforting her sister and she gave me a look, one that said-no. One that asked not to lie and play with her heart. Even Derange grew quite at the scene choosing to not make any smart remarks. He just gave me a look that said ‘your choice’ and disappeared to the recess of our mind.

Choosing my answer I was about to voice it out, but remembered that my mouth was still tied up. Grunting to get their attention, Celestia stared at me for the longest time. Her eyes pleaded for me to say yes, but with a heavy heart I shook my head no. She silently sobbed into her sister mane while, Luna gently rubbed her hoof through Celestia’s mane.

After what felt like an hour, Celestia finally calmed down enough to talk “*sniffs* Sorry about that.” Her voice returning back to normal, but her eyes still retaining that sad look. “I thought you were somepony else”.

“Mmmph mphrhmmr.” I said, my voice still muffled up by the thing around my mouth.

“I’m sorry, I haven’t spoken Pyrospenekian (Pyro-spen-eh-key-an) for a few thousand years could you repeat that.” Celestia asked nicely. I just stared at her flatly, if I could’ve facepalm I would have. I mean really Pyrospenekian that just sounds…so…I don’t even know anymore.

“Was it something I said?” She asked her sister, while Luna just shrugged and continued to watch with an amused grin. With a shake of my head I tried to motion with my head to tell them to take it off.

“Mmpmph mpphm mmhpfrpmfr.” Translation: ‘Take the stupid belt thing off so that I may talk.’

“Uhhhhh.” Celestia said looking completely lost at what I said.

“He said, ‘Hey Tia looks like you put on some weight’.” Luna said holding back a fit of giggles while Celestia glared at me.

“I’m not fat.” She said with a scowl.

“Mpmpmp mpmpm mmprf!”

“He said, ‘Sure you’re not’.” Luna ‘translated’ while still holding back her laughter, but failing miserably.

“I see.” She said as she continued to scowl at me. “Well than, let’s see how you like a thousand years as a statue.”

“Mphrf mphrfmpfhr! Pmrhfp!”

“Oh, oh, Tia. How about you banish him to the sun as a statue.” Luna piped in much to my dismay.

“That’s a terrific idea, Luna.” Celestia said as she smiled towards her sister who responded with a smile back.

“Welp, it was nice knowing you, but in the words of Bender, ‘We're boned’.” Derange said, his voice echoing in my mind.

Then from out of nowhere they both broke down laughing hysterically. I watched for five minutes as they laughed, occasionally saying how, ‘I should see the look on my face’ or ‘priceless’. Now to say the least I wasn’t confused at all. Ok, I was beyond confused as to what the fuck was going on. I looked at them in completely and utter confusion as they finally settled down. Celestia’s horn glowed and I felt the mouthpiece removed now allowing me to speak once more.

I choose my words very carefully to not only show my confusion, but to ask what was happening “What ta fuck?”

“I…I… ahem, I’m sorry. I believe this is what you aliens called being trolled.” Celestia said with a smirk, all sadness from before gone.

“And for kissing me.” Luna piped in, but was barely audible.

My mouth was a gap as I looked at them confused, after a couple of minutes, I regained my wits and responded back, “What ta fuck?”

~Hour and a half later~

“…and this is where you can stay for as long as you like.” Celestia said as she lead me to a bedroom chamber. Now I’m pretty sure none of you remember, but this place is fucking huge and apparently so are the rooms. The room I was going to stay in was easily twice the size of my small apartment that I rented back in New York. The room came with a bedroom the size of two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a living room/kitchen. So having a room to myself this big was just, wow.

Oh yeah, I feel like I should mention what happened exactly. Well apparently when I kissed Luna my chaos magic activate on its own and showed her some of my memoirs. Nothing specific, but just enough for her to know that I was not originally a Draconequus and meant no harm. So originally, Celestia did think I was this Disarray guy--who I found out later was Celestia and Discord’s son (P.S. my mind was blown upon hearing that)--, and so the whole crying scene was real, but apparently Luna was still peeved that I kissed her so she wanted to troll me.

I don’t know who this ‘Griffin’ guy is, but why? Why tell them what trolling is? We don’t need a troll princess here. Anywho after a couple minutes of explaining this and talking about stuff in general they trusted me enough to let me go and to be an honored guest.

“Wow, this is one swingin’ pad.” Derange said as he flew around the room at speeds that could make Dash envy. Oh yeah, he also popped in on our conversation. At first they didn’t understand/like him, but after a couple minutes of talking to my crazy side they…still didn’t like him. Something about reminding them of Discord.

The room like I said was spacious, with red and gold as it main theme. There was a king size bed, a desk made out of--much to my laughing fit I got from Derange-- mahogany, and another room that lead to a very luxurious bathroom.

“It’s a…very nice.” I said lamely.

“I’m sorry. I know it’s one of the smaller guest room, but it was the only one available that comes to mind.” Celestia apologized.

‘This constitutes as small.’ I thought.

‘Well considering she’s Celestia and has been around the block we can only assume-’ Derange thought back, but he didn’t finish his thought as I ran over towards him and smacked him. His body soared through the air and smacked against the wall comically.

“Is something the matter?” Celestia asked. Luna suppressed her giggling fit while I now strangled the living hell out of him for making have those…adult-rated thoughts.

Sheepishly smiling, I quickly threw Derange like a rag doll. “Nothing at all. Everything’s A-ok”.

“If you say so-Oh look at the time. I must go now Drake, but we must continue our talk from earlier.” She said and disappeared in a flash of light. A couple of more things I forgot to add. P.s. don’t blame me. I’m a frickin Draconequus! I’m surprised my sentences are still coherent enough for others to understand.

One: Yeah, Drake the Draconequus. I know lame, but hey I couldn’t think straight at the time and I need a name so there. Two: I might have told them my ‘intentions’ about traveling around the world and spreading/fixing chaotic places in order to restore the balance. That got me mixed feeling, but ultimately they were fine with it. So long as I didn’t go crazy or over the top like Discord did.

So, here we are so far folks. I’m in Canterlot castle, with my own room, a crazy unconscious little me on the ground, and the lunar princess. There was only one reasonable course of action to take. “Want to get some breakfast?” I asked the lunar princess, just as the first rays of the sun illuminated the horizon.

“Hmmmm, sure.” She said. Leading the way she headed off towards the dining room, with me right behind her.

Couple of minutes later--which I still can’t understand how anyone doesn’t get lost here--,we arrived at the dining hall…is what I would like to say, but Luna had to file some documents or something and promised to be right back. So here I was all by myself in the dining hall waiting for my food/company. I’m so lonely.

‘You still have me.’ I heard Derange say, but I ignored him.

I was brought out of my inner monologue by the sound of a plate being set down. “Your breakfast, sir.” A strangely familiar female unicorn hissed and quickly walked off.

“Huh.” I said as I watched her leave, but then shrugged it off. Looking down at my plate I witness the most horrendous looking food ever to be seen in front of me. It was a simple order: chocolate chips pancakes with toast and scramble eggs, but what I got was a mold on a plate. The fluffy light brown pancakes were a sickening greenish blue with white fuzz all over it. The toast was just a giant white fuzz ball of bread and the eggs were…purple? Now you would think that this would smell just plain awful, but surprisingly I couldn’t smell anything wrong with it. To me it smelt…delicious? So either I’m starving to the point that moldy food smells good or Draconequus are fucking confusing creatures.

I sat there contemplating on if I should eat this when a silent poof was heard followed by the voice of the least favorite being I know so far. “No, it’s cool. I didn’t want breakfast. I’m not hungry or anything.” Derange whined as he sat across from me.

“One: You’re just an apparition. So you don’t need to eat. Two: We’re the same person. So when I eat you eat.” I said flatly.

“It’s the thought that counts.” He retorted.

I rolled my eyes and pushed my plate towards him. “Here have some.” I said sarcastically.

“Nah, I’m good.” He replied back with a cheeky grin.

If looks could kill Derange would’ve been dead. Which is a shame that I can’t since, I figured chaos magic would’ve been able to do something like that. I mean at least drop something on him for Pete’s sake. With a reluctant sigh I brought the plate back towards me and prepared myself to eat. As I drove my fork into the pancakes--set pancake making a disturbing squishing sound--, I brought it up to my lips and slowly ate my food. It…it was…surprisingly delicious. Now hear me out, yes the food was all moldy and gross looking. Even a bum wouldn’t be desperate enough to eat this abomination that sat in front of me, yet it was the most delicious thing I’ve ever had.

Derange began to chuckle. “How can you still be surprised about this sort of stuff dude? It’s chaos magic just accept it.”
With a nervous nod I ate my whole meal, but I was still feeling hungry. So I did the only thing I could think at the time. I brought the plate up to my mouth and chomped down on it. The sound of crushing ceramic could be heard. Good news: I didn’t start bleeding in the mouth and it filled me up. Bad news: It didn’t taste like anything. Derange was just laughing his ass off probably by the random eating habit I just displayed.

I just shrugged it off and took another bite of the plate somewhat enjoying the meal I had. “Did…did you just eat a plate?” Luna asked as I upchucked bits and pieces of the plate, surprised by her sudden appearance.

I looked at her, then to the plate and then back to her. With a sheepish smile I asked, “Want some?”

“N-no. I’m think I’ll stick to my normal routine thank you.” She said as she joined me and Derange at the dining table, but as soon as she sat down her eyes went wide in surprise moments later Derange did the same.

“Something wrong?” I asked, but immediately tensed up as I felt an unfamiliar presence on my back. “Derange, please tell me that’s you…and you are now sporting eight legs.” I asked calmly while the creature slowly made its way towards my shoulder.

“Don’t move.” Derange whispered as he slowly started to back away.

“Derange, don’t you dare leave me here by myself with it!” I hissed back, but remain perfectly still.

“I’ll be right back. Just. Don’t. Move.” He order and poofed away.

“Lunaaaa~.” I pleaded, but was thrown off guard at her reaction.

“Awwww, aren’t you just adorable.” She cooed at the creature to come further up. Set creature following her order as I felt it making its way towards my head.

“Luna, stop encouraging it.” I hissed/pleaded to her.

“But it's so cute, aren’t you? Yes you are. Who’s a cute little sp-” She said making--well even though this situation sucks--a cute little wub face.

“Don’t say that word.” I pleaded, as I barely held myself together.

“What? Spider?” She asked confused. The moment she said that two thing happened: one a spider as big as my palm hopped down on the bridge of my snout and second the girliest scream you’ve never heard escaped my lips as I flipped the table over and ran right through the wall. Then everything kind blurred out.

~Scene change throne room~

“Yes Lord Caesar, I will immediately look into your predicament-” Celestia said to the male Earth pony when suddenly a girly scream could be heard which was followed by the sound of a lot of breaking sounds.

“Your highness?” The grey stallion asked with concern. The sound of mayhem went on for a few minutes until it then suddenly just stopped.

“I’m sure it was nothing. Now where were we?” She asked, but as soon as she did the sound of screaming came back in full force followed by the sound of one of the window breaking.

“DISCORD!” Caesar said and promptly fainted.

“Your highness is everything…alright.” The guards shouted, but stopped to watch the crazed Draconequus run around the room with a giant black spider. The spider had a red intricate splotch on its back though more importantly--at the time--was the amazing gripping ability it had, has it held onto the crazed Draconequus for dear life.

“GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!” I shouted as I ran towards the guards.

“Wah~! Get away from us!” The guards shouted as they ran away from me while I chased after them, in a cartoonish like fashion. ‘Bloody cowards!’

‘I’m going to die! I’m going to die! But, I’m too young to die!’ I roared in my head as I looked for another solution. Then like a beacon of hope I saw my sanctum. Princess Celestia. She was sitting in her throne while rays of light dancing around her form. Surely she would help me in my time of need. Changing course I headed towards her and frantically screamed help. Then the most unthinkable thing happened. She abandoned me. Doomed me to my fate. No, forsaken me to this creature of pure and utter terror. She took to the skies and flew out of reach from me, but thanks to my knowledge of random things--plus fear is a good motivator--, I took to the skies after her.

“Keep it away! Keep it away!” She yelled as we both flew around the ceiling of the throne room, but thanks to my skinnier frame I was slowly catching up to her.

We twist, turned, and swerved all over the throne room, but then suddenly she went up high straight towards the ceiling with me ever so slowly catching up to her. “YOU'RE GOING TO HELP ME!” I yelled only a few feet away. Until she suddenly turned around--horn glowing with magic--and released a torrent of blazing red hot fire. Being burned to death is a terrible way to go. It feels like every single part of you is slowly being peeled off layer by layer and mixed with the smell of burnt flesh. *shudders* It’s just a bad way to go.

Lucky for me that’s not what was happening. Just like out of a cartoon--which has been happening a lot lately--,I was just laying down on the ground in a small crater covered in black suet. Celestia tentatively walked towards me, flanked near her were her guards sharing a look of fear. “*coughs up a small black cloud* D-did you get it?” I asked my body cover in suet as I slowly got up.

“I think so-” She said, but her eyes widen in surprise and took a step back her guards taking a step back as well.
Ever so slowly I turned around and look into the fiery beast of hell itself. No, seriously. It was on fucking fire and still alive. So let’s do some math kiddies: Spider + anywhere = bad, fire +anywhere = bad and so we can assume that spider + fire = end of the world. I screamed the grisliest scream you’ve never heard of once more and ran around the room. The spider now holding onto my tail for dear life.

I ran and ran as fast as my legs could go while my arms flailed in the air. In hind sight I looked like a total idiot, but hey there was a freakin hell spider the size of my palm on my tail. So yeah, let’s see how calm you’re when that happens. That was until I hit a barrier powered by our very own Princess. We locked eyes for a minute and I knew by the way she was looking at me that I was a goner. I pleaded to her to let me in. To save me in any form possible, but she didn’t and only mouthed out an apology. So here I was, second day in Equestria and I was going to die. Forsaken by the kindest ruler in all the lands to the child of Satan himself.

...Life is a really ass clown.

The sound of a door being slammed open was heard. Standing in the doorway was the messiah himself. The one being in the world that would save me from my blight, Derange. “Don’t worry Drake I’m a comin’.” He said while carrying what looked like a simple iron bucket.

“It’s…it’s too late. Save yourself.” I replied back all my hope lost in a blink of an eye. *insert cheesy sad music*

“NO!” he roared and continued to make his way over towards me. “I have that foul creature one true weakness!” he proclaimed.

“Can’t you see it’s immuned to fire. What else could it be weak too?” I yelled back.

“Lava.” Derange said with a mad smile as he now held up the bucket of lava to be thrown.

“What the hell are you waiting for then!? *end cheesy music* THROW THE DAMN LAVA AT ME!” I yelled as I ran towards my savior. Again this is probably the most stupid or uncharacteristic thing I’ve done since I came to Equestria, but you know what they say ‘When life gives you lemons, you make combustible lemons and burn their house down’ or something along those lines.

Time slow to a crawl as we both made our way towards one another. Me with the deadly arachnid and him with a bucket of lava, thank you minecraft logic. Then the unthinkable happened, it disappeared in a flash of light just as Derange threw the gallon of liquid hot lava on me. I was surprised--which there really shouldn’t be a reason anymore--to find that I wasn’t melting/burning into a pile of complete nothingness, but instead felt like I was splashed with boiling hot water…but it wasn’t water…and I was on fire.

“FIRE! FIRE! OH SWEET MOTHER OF NINJA RAPTURE JESUS! I’M ON FIRE!” I screamed as I resumed my running around the room once more.

“Oh, shit! My brown.” Derange said and started to dig into his feathered coat. “No. Not there. Definitely not that. AH, HA! Found it.” He said now holding up a clear jar with a light gold colored liquid in it...Oh no.

“DON’T YOU FUC-” I didn’t get to finish my sentence.

“JARATE!” He yelled and threw the gold liquid at me. Well it did what it was suppose to do as I now felt the--disgustingly--cool liquid all over my body, but it also reached somewhere it wasn’t suppose to.

“AW, EWWWW! *starts to spit and scratch my tongue* IT GOT IN MY MOUTH SOMEONE GET ME A TIC TAC!” I yelled trying not to remember the tast-NOPE! Not going to think about it.

Derange just sheepishly smiled while scratching the back of his head. “Well, at least I got rid of the spider and put you out, Right?” He said while I glared holes through his head.

“No, you didn’t.” Celestia said as she was now hiding behind her throne while the guards hid behind some curtains.

“What? *feels something on my chest* You gotta be freaking kidding me?” I questioned. Looking down I saw the invincible hell spider still alive. “Fuck it. I’m done. Game over.” I said and flopped to the ground awaiting my inevitable death.

“There- *deep breathing* -you are. I’ve been looking for-” Luna said and stopped and made the most adorable face you’ve never seen. “Awwww, she likes you.” Making her way over towards me she lifted the abomination off of me, brought it over towards her, and held it like a newborn child. “I think I’ll call you Mitzy.” she cooed, the creature purring like a cat in approval. “I didn’t know you were so good with animals.” Luna said.

“Yeah, me neither.” I sarcastically replied back, but was met with deaf ears as she continued to love the living hell out of it. Granted you can’t do that with a spider since they are hell themselves, but you get what I mean.

“Say Tia can I keep her pleassssse.” Luna said as she put on a pouty face, which was a full blown Dawwwwww for my reaction.

“Uh, yes just keep…Mitzy away from the area where we have guest. We wouldn’t want what happen to Chuck happening again.” Celestia said as she carefully came out from her hiding spot.

“You're right. I still don’t know how the Dragon leader felt the need to use a piano and to set it on fire over an itty bitty spider.” Luna said, but shrugged it off. “Oh well come on Mitzy let me show you your new home.” She said and placed…Mitzy on her back. Just as she walked out of view I could’ve sworn the spider gave me the best ‘Problem’ face. Then again I wasn’t really paying attention to the spider on her back, but instead I was attentively looking at her fl…cutie mark.

“As her older sister,” Celestia said as I felt a magic aura surround me and pulled me in front of her. “I feel that I should warn you that if you make her cry, you’ll will get a most deserving of punishments.” She said as she released me from her magic grip and flashed me an evil grin. “Also Luna has a lot of…interesting hobbies so do be ready for that.” Celestia add and started to head off.

“Like bondage cause from what I heard/felt it wasn’t too comfortable.” Derange teased.

“Well, it was her idea to put on those extra straps.” Celestia winked while flashing us a trollish grin. Getting the last remark she left with the guards tailing after her.

Derange and I were both silent, mouth a gap as we processed this information. “Damn~ Kinky Luna is kinky.” Derange said with a low whistle and continued. “So we still gonna tap that or-” he didn’t get to finish as I bitched slapped him.

“Were not going to tap that.” I said with a scowl and continued. “Until the third date…hopefully.” Yeah call me ambitious--hell call me crazy or insane--, but there was something about Luna that attracted me towards her. I wasn’t sure of what yet, but I did know one thing. I’ve been given a new chance at life. Free from the boring/orderly routine that I was so comfortable with and like hell I wasn’t going to give this new way of living a chance. But first things first.

“It time to assemble ‘The Team’.” I said as I looked towards Derange, while he gave me a knowing smile.