• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 5,355 Views, 224 Comments

From Order to Chaos - Neoandermcd



My life was simple, but everything changed after the chess game attacked...wait wrong story. This is the story of a man who tries to hold onto his sanity while participating in a game created by the gods.

  • ...
24
 224
 5,355

All good things must come to an end


Drake PoV:

I awoke to the sound of an empty home. My sleep was restless offering little to no rest, but the act itself was better than nothing. I laid there, listening to creaks and groans that the house admitted. Even though we’ve been here for only a day or two, I memorized the pattern: Creak from the front door, than the hallway, a groan from the kitchen, than the floor, and finally a mixture of both from the attic.

A loud yawn escaped my lips as I hoisted myself out of my make shift bed. The room was empty-accept for me and my sleeping bag-as the others had left early in the morning. Rolling my bag up, I shoved it into hammer space and pulled out a canteen of water. With a quick swig, I swallowed the contents greedily and placed it back where it belongs.

I sighed deeply wishing that my friends were here. It’s funny how the simple act of their presence brought inner peace where as now my mind was a swarming hive of activity. “You don’t know what you have until it’s gone, I suppose.” A low chuckle escaped my lips though was met with silence.

...I miss them. Hell I even miss Derange and I barely like the guy. Granted if I were to like him it could be consider narcissistic since he is me after all. Though at the other end of the spectrum I could then be seen as self-loathing.

...Okay time to go before I drive myself insane.

...Well insaner.

...Is that even a word?

...Whatever.

Eating some bread, I set out towards the center of town. My thoughts and prayers went out towards them in hopes of a safe journey. Though their destination wasn’t far, it was still going to be a dangerous one.

Dredgemane.

A place surrounded by semi-active volcanoes and dragons. I could not understand why Silver suggested such a thing. Yet for whatever reason I trusted not only her judgement, but her ability to keep them safe.

A sharp pain caused me to stop momentarily. Clutching my head, I gasped for air for a few moments. Just as quick as it came, it was gone. Leaving me in a kneeling position while regaining my breath. ‘Must have developed a migraine.’ I thought. Quickly composing myself I continued on my way towards the center of Solitude.

Reaching the heart of the town, I steeled myself for what I was about to do. Clearing my throat I yelled loud enough for all to hear, “Friends! Ponies! Lend me your ears! A catast-”

~Three Days Later~

Silver’s PoV:

It had been three days since we left Solitude behind along with Drake. I wanted to protest and stay with him-making sure to not only follow my orders-, but to make sure he was okay. However after much convincing, I decide to play along with his idea. Plus I understood why he wanted me to go.

Derpy was in no condition to really be moving around. What she needed was time alone surrounded by friends, family and loved ones. Dinky was to young to truly understand what had happened and the only thing she could do for her mother was be there for her. Minuette-though her closest and longest friend-knew that she needed time to recover. And given that the only one who could protect them was a psychotic little dumbass, it fell to me to keep them safe.

It was amazing how quick the journey took to get to Dredgemane. If it wasn’t for Derange ‘sneakily’ teleporting us a few distance every night we slept, it probably would have taken us longer. Though the question that plague my mind was, ‘Why?’

Whenever I tried to confront him about it, he would either ignore me or just answer cryptically. And by cryptically I mean he would say things like, ‘The all-seeing toilet bowl prophecizes divine anarchy at midnight’ or ‘The crows caws at midnight and the cat sours the basil.’

...I know I really shouldn’t expect much from him, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be serious for once in his damn life.

At any rate we now sat at the train station waiting for the next train to arrive. We didn’t do any sightseeing, but it was certainly different compared to other cities that I’ve been to. We also didn’t talk much as we kept to ourselves. Derpy, Minuette and Dinky huddle next to one another on one side, I sat by myself lost in deep thought and Derange was-surprisingly-waiting patiently for the train.

Hours passed by with nothing noteworthy happening, unless the patient Derange waiting for anything counts. Finally the train was in sight as it began to slow down. Gesturing to the soon arriving train we got up and got their things ready to be loaded. A few minutes passed as passengers made their way off and on the train allowing us a few minutes to say our goodbyes.

“Guess this is it.” I said. I might not have been the most social of ponies, but seeing them leave hurt more than it should have. I guess this is what it feels like saying goodbye to a friend that you may never see again.

“For now maybe, but who knows.” Minuette responded back with a sad smile.

“Bye Derange, I’ll miss you.” Dinky said as she hugged Derange.

“See ya Dinky, its been a blast.” He said as he returned the favor. Breaking apart from each others embrace he added on, “Also make sure to stay out of trouble and listen to your mother.”

“You should take your own advice.” She playfully teased back while sticking out her tongue.

Derange didn’t responded back as he smirked towards her while lightly shaking his head.

“Bye Silver, I’ll miss you too.” Dinky said as she came over towards me and nuzzled me.

Returning the nuzzle I brought her into a hug and combed her mane. “I’ll miss you too. Behave yourself, okay?”

Breaking away from the hug she looked at me with bright eyes and nodded her head. “I will.”

Making her way over towards Minuette to help load up their bags, Derpy was the last to say goodbye. Looking towards Derange they didn’t exchange any words, but still acknowledge one another and their farewells with a simple nod to one another.

“Derpy I’m-” I tried to say, but was cut off.

“Don’t.” She said rather harshly and continued though in a softer voice. “This wasn’t your fault. So don’t blame yourself. That goes double for you.” She said while gesturing to Derange. “I just need some time thats all. I’ll be back in the game before you know it.” She finished with a forced smile.

Not knowing what to say I just nodded and forced a smile of my own. With a quick hug shared between us, Derpy entered the train and took her seat with her daughter and friend.

As the train got ready to depart I felt a pair of shades placed on my head. “Put these on.” Derange said though I didn’t really have a choice as they refused to come off. Knocking on the window, Minuette opened and gave him a questioning look. Reaching into his pockets he pulled out two items: a tape recorder and a weird silver object.

“What’s this?” Dinky asked as she turned the tape recorder over in her magic.

“A message from Drake.” He said while placing a pair of shades on. Holding the object in front of them he messed with a few dials on the back.

“And what’s that?” Minuette asked as she stared at the object in his hands oddly, with Dinky and Derpy staring at it as well.

“Your last memory of us.” He said solemnly followed by a bright flash of light.

With perfect timing the train began to take off though before it could fully leave he reached into the train and pushed play on the recorder.

With a snap of his fingers both shades and the silver item disappeared. Not waiting for the train to be out of sight he took off into the skies and began to make his way back to Solitude. I sat there for a few moments until I took off after him.

Easily catching up with him in a few seconds enough was enough as I prevented him from going any further. “I want answer.”

“Well what do you want answers to?” He asked jokingly. “The secrets of the universe? How ponies hold things without opposable appendages? Batman’s secret identity? The secret recipe to Bush’s baked beans? Oh! How about why mares look hot with socks-” He listed off until I grabbed his feathery chest.

“You damn know what I want to know. So spill it or-”

“Or else what?” He asked mockingly. “You’re going to slap me silly? Kick my ass? Torture me? Well go right the fuck ahead then because I’m not telling you shit.”

“I have a right to know! Not only as your ‘baby sitter’, but-” I screamed only to loosen my grip on him and whisper softly, “-as your friend.”

We stayed silent for quite some time as we floated up above Dredgemane. The sounds of the city going about it’s day being the sole reminder that we weren’t alone. With a dejected sigh Derange was the first to speak, “I can’t. I swore to him I wouldn’t say anything, but I can at least tell you two things.” Giving him my full attention I listened intently. “Shit is just spiralling out of control and Drake is trying to fix it as best as he can, but the more he tries the more damage he does.”

“And the second thing?”

He hesitated for a moment before he decided to answer. “We won’t be seeing those three again. I erased their memories of the past few weeks. That tape recorder is leaving them with a cover up story that will put false memories into their psych while letting them forget about the time they spent with us.”

It took me a few seconds to process what he told me, but when I did I had only one question to ask. “Why?”

“Do you mean why we didn’t do this earlier or why did we do it now?” He asked though didn’t wait for a response. “We all knew deep down that this wasn’t a good idea. It wasn’t until recently that Drake realized that this was in fact a really bad idea and that it was time to send them home. Who knows what else we’ll have to face and who knows if next time we’ll be able to save them or not.”

With a sigh followed by a nod, I agreed. “No this is the right decision. I only wish we could have done this earlier and allowed them to keep the better memories of the time we spent together rather than making them forget all of it.”

“Heh, for once we’re in agreement.” He said with a small smile. “But alas we cannot cry over spilled milk.”

Nodding our heads in agreement we began to make our way back to Solitude. “Derange?” I hollered out which he acknowledged with a nod of his head. “Just two more question: Did Drake leave them with some happy memories and...his he okay?”

“For you first one, yes he did. Just a simple spa memory of them having a good time.” He responded back.

“And the other?”

He stayed silent for the longest time before he answered in a very serious yet quiet voice. “I can only hope so.”

~Back in Solitude. Two days later.~

We made it back in record time thanks to our wings. Landing a few feet from the town we-and by that I mean me as Derange just floated on by-entered the town to see it bursting with activity. A few dozen construction projects were going on at the same time as tools and supplies were placed all over the area. Construction workers were working double time while a few citizens pitched in wherever they could. Only a few days passed and already more than a third of the town was back to its prestige self.

Those who weren’t working were cleaning up the town as best as they could. Ponies pushing wheelbarrows full of unusable materials strolled by as they went to the edge of the town and dumped it to be burned later. Others were cooking non-stop to provide for the whole town a hearty and fresh meal. Fillies and colt ran by as they playfully helped, until they were shooed off and sent to school.

“The big boss, said to meet up in about an hour.” Derange said, forcing me to look away from this peaceful scene. Pointing towards a direction he continued, “Said he’ll be waiting over there.”

His finger pointed towards a steep hills in the distance near the volcano. I remembered that was the hill we used to spy on the diamond dogs. Before I could ask why, Derange was already gone.

Looking towards the sky it was about midday though in the distance, I could see clouds building up. ‘Seems like a storm is coming. Which explains why they’re in such a hurry to finish these building.’ I mused. A low growl from my stomach reminded me how little I ate this morning. With time to kill, I strolled over towards the makeshift kitchen and asked for some food. They happily gave me a bowl and pointed me towards where I could sit down and eat.

It was a good stew, but it wasn’t the best either. Granted I’m not a fan of radishes, but the taste wasn’t that amazing either. Leaving my bowl, I took to the skies and made my way towards our rendezvous point. On my way there I noticed most of the ponies who were working on the buildings were missing. About half way there a massive crowd of ponies baring a variety of weapons and torches stood in front of the Diamond Dog den.

“Leave! Your kind is no longer welcomed here!” A group of ponies chanted.

“These are our mines now, you flea ridden varmints!” Another group shouted.

Only a few dozen dogs stood defiantly in front of their entrance as they barred their claws, whips and spears.

“Mines don’t belong to ponies! They belong to dogs!” A dog shouted, followed by barks of agreement.

A familiar yellow fur dog stepped forward and with a surprising strong voice shouted, “We will not be bullied out of our home. We were the ones to claim this land before your precious Goddesses even cared about the other nations. You and your damn ‘friendship and equality’ don’t mean a damn thing, so long as you profit! We may be selfish and use cruel methods, but at least we do not lie to ourselves, like you!” With his speech ended the dogs howled and growled in agreement.

The argument between both sides continued as such. With only words being thrown back to one another, but that wouldn’t last long. With each statement thrown both sides positioned themselves for battle.

Circling above the soon to be battlefield, I could see Drake waving me down. Complying, I landed next to him and anxiously waited for him to explain what was going on. A wave of his hand and he soon began to lead me towards the cliff. Following him I soon saw our destination as both Derange and Jyggalag worked in unison on something. Lines upon lines were drawn on the ground-each one more different than the last-, I wasn’t to familiar in the teaching/lesson of magic so it was beyond me on what they were making.

Stepping into the circle my patience finally grew thin. “What’s going on?” I demanded.

“All set?” He asked his clones, ignoring me completely. They both nodded and disappeared in a cloud of purple smoke. With a snap of his finger a shimmering shield of grey sprung up and surrounded us.

Before I could demand an answer once more he turned to me with a tired look in his eye. “They’re going to war. Even after everything we did...everything we offered them, they decided to spit in our face and kill one another.”

“What? Why? Don’t they see that there’s no point?”

“Apparently not.” Was his dull response.

“Then what’s the plan?” I asked, while getting all of the kinks out of my body. After stretching I flew towards the sky only for the barrier to prevent me from leaving. Turning my gaze towards him I asked in confusion, “You do have a plan, right? You’re not going to let them kill one another are you?”

“Of course not.” He said. The once sunny day was soon gone as a blanket of clouds covered the area. A flash of lightning was the only sign we got as rain fell from the heavens.

“FOR EQUESTRIA!” Shouted a pony, as he charged head first towards the dogs. In reaction both sides charged one another, each releasing their own war cry.

Drawing my sword I gathered the magic around me to help burst through the barrier, but I was unable to as the barrier drew in any and all magic towards it. I fixed my gaze towards him in rage, yet he never made eye contact with me. Instead he was solely focused on the town and the battlefield.

Turning my gaze back towards the field, I was able to witness something that I thought was not possible. Just before both sides could clash against one another a loud thunderous boom echoed out followed by a streak of lightning. The bolt of electricity struck at the very heart of where the armies met and completely evaporated any caught in the blast. It caused both sides to pause momentarily, but they soon charged one another once more. As they fought-both sides suffering casualties-the storm persisted in attacking the field. Frying any unlucky souls to get caught in the blast.

Any Pegasi attempt to bring the storm under control was met with a quick electrifying death. Both sides stopped as the very area began to shake. The effect even reached Solitude as ponies of all kinds walked outside to see what was going on.

“I’m going to let nature take it’s course.” Was Drake’s answer.

I didn’t have time to responded as the Lonely Mountain erupted with molten hot fire. The screams of both ponies and dogs cried out as pockets of lava began to erupt all over the battlefield. Chaos broke loose as everyone fought to escape the pools of flesh burning fire. Creature bound to the earth pushed, shoved, stomped, clawed, sacrificed and many other horrendous actions as both sides did whatever it took to survive. Creatures of the skies attempted to fly away only to either be blasted by bolts of lightening or blown down into the pools of burning flesh by gale force winds.

A high pitched scream brought me out of my gaze as I turned towards the village. Rocks of molten lava rained down upon the village. The entire village was set ablaze a brilliant crimson orange as ponies ran around attempting to subdue the fire. Those that weren’t fighting the fire were directing others to safety towards the edge of town.

Mothers, fathers, children and elderly all ran towards the outskirts until the earth shooked once more. A giant chasm opened up around the outskirts preventing any from leaving. Those in the front and those unable to slow down all plunged into the bottomless pit. Their screams echoing out in unison, causing everyone in the vicinity to cover their ears.

Once their screams died down pandemonium broke loose.

Those that were desperate attempted to jump the chasm only to fall to their demise. Adolescents that wanted to enjoy one of the few pleasures of life either consented or were forced into sex. Adults that tried to bring back any order were simply ignored while small group would form and pray to any god for help. Finally families huddled together as they spent their last moments with one another.

This…

This isn’t right!

Bringing my sword to bare, I lashed out at the barrier once more. Ripples formed with each strike of my blade, but no matter how fast or how strong my strikes were the barrier held strong. Realizing this was getting me no where, I turned my blade towards Drake.

No, that’s not right. The thing before me was not the same person I thought I knew. He neither acknowledge me nor my blade as he continued to watch the scene before us. He held no emotion as the light of the fires reflected off of his eyes and the screams of the damned fell on deaf ears.

I didn’t hesitate. Lives were counting on me. For every seconded I wasted a life could be saved.

My blade moved to pierce through his head. Everything around me was gone. Sight, smell, sound, and feeling were nothing more than an afterthought.

I was an empty husk.

An emotionless void.

Yet no matter what I did, thought or willed my blade refused to pierce him. It just merely rested against his lower chin.

Why?

WHY? WHY? WHY?

There were innocent ponies dieing down there! For what reason would we need to do this?

A part of me wanted to believe in him. That there had to be a good reason to do this, yet I couldn’t fathom why. The doubt. The uncertainty. The rationale. I just couldn’t understand what he was thinking.

The screams of the damned soon returned in full force, causing me to let my blade fall to the floor. My eyes no matter where I looked could only see the sight of burning flesh.

“Make it stop.” I whispered, as tear drops threatened to fall. “Please make it stop!” I pleaded, as tears flowed freely down my cheeks.

My eyes turned to look at his as I fell to my haunches. “I can’t.” Was Drake’s solemn response. “As much as I hate these words: this is their fate.”

The morally good image of Drake that I held shattered into pieces. My brain refused to think or responded anymore as I wept like a foal. At one point the screams and the images were too much as I hid underneath my hooves and closed my eyes. At one point or another I blacked out.

~Later, Drake’s PoV~

Grey.

That was the first thought that came to me as I walked the empty streets of Solitude. The town was nothing more than a pile of ash with only a scarce few burnt out support beams standing tall and strong. The skies were now a plain grey overcast with only a very light breeze blowing through, causing the remaining beams to groan in protest or fall and scatter ash every which way.

A flash of light caught my attention as Silver flew by once more. She quickly dug through the ash pile for any signs of life. When nothing showed up, she quickly abandoned the pile and moved onto the next. I did the same though at a much slower and less hopeful pace.

Moving to the next pile my foot stepped onto something soft. Removing my foot, I caught sight of a stuff toy. Kneeling down, I picked the object up and turned it around to get a better look at the object. Before I could turn it fully, the toy turned to ash and slipped through my fingers as the wind carried it off.

I don’t remember how long I kneeled there as I contently stared at the my hand. Though I do remember the sound of a low thunder bringing me back to the world of reality.

Getting up I made my way towards Silver, who was still searching for any signs of life. Her hooves pushed ash away only for more to fill its place. She sat there for minutes-continuously moving the same pile away-while I stood behind her.

“We need to find shelter. We can come back tomorrow.” I said in a low voice. Even though I knew it would be pointless to come back, I at least owed her that much if not more.

She ignored me as she continued her digging. My hand reached out to her shoulder to comfort her only for her to lash out at me. Her attack caught me off guard as her hooves met my chin. I stumbled back and tried to get my bearings only for another blow to hit the side of my head. However this time I was able to catch myself before I fell to the ground. Using the momentum I rolled out of harms way and got into a low stance.

She flew off and came at me towards the right. Ready this time, I prepared to block the blow only to see tears streaming down her face. I was able to block the blow, but her features distracted me as I lost my footing. She capitalized on this as she sweeped my feet from under me and followed up with a kick to the stomach. The combo sent me to the ground disoriented and out of breath.

Regaining my sense of breathing and orientation, I attempted to get up only for a pair of crimson orbs to glare down at me. “WHY?” Silver cried out, as her tears flowed freely. Gesturing all around us she continued, “IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?”

“Of course not, but what else could I have done.” I mumbled.

“What else could you-WHAT ELSE COULD YOU HAVE DONE?” She cried once more. “You could have jumped in there and stopped them, for starters! You could have used your magic and send them somewhere else! You could hav-”

“NO, I COULDN’T HAVE!” I roared causing her to stumble away from me. Getting up she shot me an angry glare which I returned.

“You’re right in that I had a lot of options, but they would have always required ME to be there. If I intervened it would only be temporary. The second that I’d look away they would be back at each others throats. If I teleported them else where, they would eventually come back and fight over the land once more. It would be an endless cycle that would constantly require MY presence which I do not have the time for. This place was unproportionally Orderly and it NEEDED to be fixed. It is unfortunate that they all had to die, but it was unavoidable.”

“UNAVOIDABLE? YOU could have fixed it with YOUR own power instead of letting them all die!” She cried out while pointing a hoof at me. “You’re always spouting about ‘bringing balance to the world’ that you could have easily done it.”

“You don’t think I thought that already?” I asked her.

“I think my answer is right in front of me.” She responded back coldly.

The air around us was heavy as we glared at one another. One wrong move, one wrong word and another fight would occur. The sound of thunder caused our ears to swerve in its direction. A single drop of water was our only sign as a low drizzle began to fall from the sky.

“And would you have me condemned another town?” I asked as I broke our gaze and looked towards the sky.

“What? What do you mean?” She asked bitterly.

My eyes no longer held anger towards Silver as I stared at her. “If I were to have redirected that energy elsewhere, it would have caused this level of destruction elsewhere.” I explained. It took her a few moments to grasp the implication, but soon the anger she originally had was gone and replaced with a conflicted one.

“Tell me, Silver. Where should have I directed it? To Stalingrad? To Wethoof? To Canterlot? To the Zebrican islands? To the Dragon Badlands? To Gem Fido? No matter where I choose anypon-NO! Thousand upon thousands of innocents would have lost their lives this day. So please do tell, Silver. WHERE SHOULD HAVE IT GONE TO?”

She didn’t answer. For the longest time she tried to give back a retort, but never did. Like an angry child who didn’t get there way she stomped the ground in frustration. “You could have saved those that were innocent here-.”

I didn’t let her finish as I laughed hollowly at her remark. She bared her teeth and glared at me once more. Composing myself I gave her a solemn look. “Did you know for the past five days straight. Day and night. Morning to noon to evening. I stood in the center of town and warned them about what was coming.” Silver gave me a puzzled look for only a moment, but soon returned to glaring at me.

“I told them what was coming. I pleaded to them to pack up their things and leave. Do you know what they did? At first they ignored me. Claiming that the heat was messing with my head, but soon enough they turned on me. Throwing snarky remarks was the least of my worries until they began to ridicule me and eventually lash out at me. The one who ‘saved’ them. The one they ‘owed’ their lives to. Unable to reach the adults I tried the children. At first they listened, but eventually they turned on me as well. As they threw rocks, stones, and bricks at their supposed ‘hero’. And do you know why they did that? Because their parents, teachers and adults told them to. They told them that I was a menace to their livelihood and that I needed to leave. That I was ‘secretly’ behind ALL of this. So even if I did save those that were ‘innocent’ they would have eventually come back to repeat history.”

With my rant done we stood there in silence as the rain continued to fall.

Minutes passed by until she finally asked, “Than you admit to the genocide in Solitude?” She didn’t meet my gaze as she stared at the ground. Her voice no longer held anger, but of duty.

“...Yes.” I answered. My eyes focused solely on the mare before me.

“By per agreement, the Princesses shall be informed.” She monotoned while taking off into the air. “If you are not back within Canterlot in the next few days, you’ll be seen as a wanted criminal: dead or alive. Do you understand?”

There was nothing left to say. I just simply nodded my head. With that sufficing as a confirmation she took off though in a low voice I heard, “And to believe I thought better of you.”

I stared up into the sky for a few minutes as she disappeared over the horizon. The sky around me turned a darker shade of grey as lightning dance around the sky and thunder boomed above me.

“Heh…” I laughed. Falling to my knees while holding my sides, I could no longer hold it in anymore. “Heh. Heh. Heh.”

Within the contents of my mind stood a beautiful glass image of Equestria. The image was generic really. It showed a glorious sun accompanied at the other spectrum with an equally glorious moon. A luscious field of flowers, trees and random critters like squirrels and bunnies were near the inner part of the image. In the very heart were a multitude of different creature all wearing big happy smiles as they appeared to be celebrating a special occasion. Sure there were cracks here and there, but the image still held together.

*Crack*

A large crack formed down the center causing a gradually steady chain of cracks to branch out. More and more cracks began to form, threatening to completely shatter the image all together. I tried to stop the image from breaking. I tried to find examples to prove that this image existed out here. But the cracks just continued to keep growing more and more and more in strength and numbers.

*Crack*

The image was completely and utterly cracked beyond recognition. It was honestly a miracle that it held together at all. It held on by a single measly shard that refused to crack. It was my last line of defense and I tried effortlessly to save it from its fate. But then like a hammer, Silver’s words echoed within my mind.

“And to believe I thought better of you.”

*Crack*

*Shatter*

The image shattered into dozen upon dozen of millions of pieces.

HA! HA! HA! HA !HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!” I laughed madly. The roar of thunder boomed to match my laugh while lightning soared across the sky, briefly illuminating the area.

For once I was happy to be standing out in the rain instead of inside. For the rain helped covered the tears that streamed down my face.

~Later~

I sat there for who knows how long while staring off into space. Both my throat and eyes were dry which was ironic given that the rain hadn’t let up yet.

That attempt of humor was bad and I feel bad. Well worse, but now I’m just pulling hairs.

Mustering what strength I had left, I got up and made my way out of Solitude. My pace was slow and difficult as each step sent a pain of burning agony through my limbs. Images of the townsfolk shifting from the regular daily lives to their final moments caused me to briefly pause, but only to then solemnly continue. Bringing my Pip-Boy to bare, I flicked it towards the map section and reoriented myself towards Equestria.

Existing out of the town and making it a few miles away, I paused on top of a hill. Every part of me wanted to look back. To just...To just see that I was merely dreaming and that the town was still there. Though now it was better as both parties saw the error in their ways and were now working in harmony with one another.

With one last tear being shed, I continued to move forward. Because I knew that if I didn’t, I’d fall into despair.



All companion perks lost.

Quest Perk add:

Solitude: The disaster of Solitude has affected your very understanding of the world and how to interact with others. Minus 3 to Charisma and Intelligence.

Welcome to Equestria Arc: Complete.