• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 5,356 Views, 224 Comments

From Order to Chaos - Neoandermcd



My life was simple, but everything changed after the chess game attacked...wait wrong story. This is the story of a man who tries to hold onto his sanity while participating in a game created by the gods.

  • ...
24
 224
 5,356

Alpha Vs Draconequus pt 1

Warning this chapter and the next couple will go towards the darker side of things. This chapter implies minor rape and will be marked encase some people can not stomach it.


Rain

I always loved the sound of rain. With the mesmerizing yet soothing pitter patter of rain droplets. I remember most of the time I’d just sit at home and stare off into space while it rained. Lost in the recess of my mind daydreaming about the most randomness of things. My folks at first thought it was me bored since I couldn’t go out and play, but eventually they realized that I’d rather be alone with my thoughts then to be bothered though in their defense I was tenish or so, so not a lot of philosophical or deep meaningful thoughts ever really crossed my mind. The best time the rain could ever come would be in the Spring. Where the warm glaring sun would be cooled by the light spring showers yet warm enough that one would not have to wear heavy clothes to keep them dry.

The rain that fell down today was more akin to a hail storm as each droplets would smack hard against my already drenched coat. The dark ominous clouds covered the skies only letting the minimal amount of light to shine through. While thunder and lighting made itself known as it would arc across the sky briefly illuminating the day even more for a few precious moments.

Though Silver and I continued. Never stopping never resting to reach the warren.

It was about six or seven in the morning, though hard to tell without being able to see the sun, when we arrived at the entrance of Basanite warren’s home. It was a simple cave entrance holding a banner representing their clan with a crudely made outpost though the guards, instead of keeping watch, were talking to a panicked looking dog. The short yellow looking dog took notice of me and said something to the others as he then ran back inside. We were at the lip of the cave when the guards promptly stopped us though far enough inside that the rain couldn't hit us.

The lead guard was a black Labrador with yellow eyes and stood as tall as six foot seven. He glared down at us intimately though failed since I stood to most of my full height, since the cavern ceiling prevented me from reaching my full potential, thus having no real effect on me while Silver wore a ‘don’t give a buck’ expression towards him. We stood there eyeing one another for a few minutes neither side backing down.

“Pardon us” I said and tried to walk by him though he side stepped into my way. I tried again once more, almost succeeding, when the others guards blocked our path. This went on a few more times until I took a step back and glared at them “I’m here to see your leader and was told I was always welcomed regardless of when” I stated flatly towards them my tone remaining eerily calm.

“Alpha worked hard last night and needs rest” the Labrador growled. “Come back later” he said still matching my glare with his own.

A minute past by as we continued to stare down the other into submission. Seeing that this wasn't going to get us anywhere I turned and left, Silver following after me, while the dogs silently cheered for their victory.

A victory that’d be short lived.

Walking back into the rain we were a good lengths away from the entrance when we stopped. Turning back towards the entrance I closed my eyes and said “Buy me some time”. Wordlessly I heard the sound of her stepping in front of me ready to keep me out of harms way.

Gathering chaos magic towards me I soon felt the familiar warmth of its power course through my veins. After a few moments I then initiated the first phase of my plan. Focusing it took a few moments of concentration, but eventually it happened: an aura, though more akin to a small flame, appeared before my mind’s eye. I focused more and more of my chaos magic into what I was doing as more and more auras began to flicker to life.

“What you doing? Leave!” hollered out the guard though I ignored him. The sound of footsteps could barely be heard as they began to come towards us.

As I continued to focus my senses began to fade away. The sound of thunder, lightening and the rain were the first to go though the last thing I heard was the sound of loud splashing and metal striking against metal. Then my sense of touch faded away as I was unable to feel the rain pellet against my coat. Though blind to the world around me I had no reason to be scared as Silver would make sure to keep me safe. As I pumped more and more chaos magic into what I was doing deep below the ground more and more auras flickered to life.

Satisfied that I was sure I got all of them I then began the slow process of picking out the D-dogs from the other life forms. Satisfied once more I raised my hands to the heavens and prepped my fingers to snap, an almighty roar of thunder accompanied me in my action, as I said in a low voice “Show time”.

Alpha's PoV:

“You WHAT!?” I screamed at the two dogs cowering before me.

“B-b-big pony got in way and little pony was too quick” the red one blurted out while still using his arms to shield himself from being hurt.

“Besides you told us to send message to lizard anyways so we thought it be smarter to let little pony tell him” cried out the dark blonde one.

“Yes under normal circumstances I’d be proud” I said calmly the two stopping their cowering for the moment and looked at me with proud expressions. “Though this isn’t one of those times!” I yelled and backhand both of them. “You.Damn.Moronic.Simpletons.” I said emphasizing each word with a swift kick to their guts. I kicked them for about a minute or so until all the anger I had towards them was gone. Even though I was done beating them they continued to make themselves as small as possible while I panted in exhaustion over them. Taking in steady and deep breaths I finally regain my ability to breath properly and said “You two are dismissed for the moment” I hissed at them.

Quickly taking the hint they bowed low to the ground and sprinted back to their chambers. “Dammit” I said in a low voice while pacing back and forth.

“Dammit.Dammit.Dammit to all hell” I said continuing my pacing though more erratic now. “Okay calm down” I said to myself and took a steady breath of air once more. Releasing it slowly I felt much better than I did a few moments ago. “There’s nothing to worry about, I can still get her to submit to me I’ll just have to be more...forceful than I was intending to”. The sound of a door being opened brought me back to the situation at hand. A short yellow dog that I dubbed Scaredy since he was always a ‘scaredy cat’ and would be frighten by the most stupidest things. He woke up the whole clan one night because he thought he saw a snake slither into his room, but soon found out it was his own tail.

“Well?” I asked him. Though the biggest chicken you’ll ever meet he knew his way around a knot.

“Y-y-yes Alpha I have finished the task you asked me to do” he said with a slight stuttered. He was also one of the few dogs here that could speak fluently enough to hold a real conversation with.

“Excellent” I said and walked back towards my room. As I entered the threshold I turned to him and said “Go tell the guards that if the Draconequus shows up that they must delay him for as long as possible”. He gave a short bow in response and left to complete his task. ‘Another reason why I kept him is that he also has a brain and can think’ I thought and soon entered my room closing the door behind me to make sure the others wouldn't interrupt.

Strolling over towards my bed not even halfway there I began to take note of my new captive. She was a Pegasus with a gray fur coat, blonde hair and a ‘cutie mark’ that represented bubbles. She was rather young for a mother. If I had to harbor a guess maybe around the age of twenty six to twenty eight, but her young features masked her true age quite well. Under normal pretenses she would have looked ridiculous the way she was tied up, which was spread eagle as her legs were bound to the bedpost; though her tail curled up instinctively hiding her private area;, but oddly enough it looked rather sexually appealing.

Reaching her side I lightly tapped her on the cheek to wake her up. A few moments of doing that and she began to stir. Her bright yellow eyes opened slowly taking in her surrounding before a sense of realization rose up as she began to struggle against her restraints. Though she struggled valiantly the rope held true and she eventually stopped while giving me a death glare though looked ridiculous as one eye was looking off towards the side.

I responded back with my best smile “I do hope that the ropes are not too uncomfortable. The last time I needed Scaredy to tie up someone they had ropes burns for weeks” I said with a friendly attitude.

She responded back with a puff of hot air and said “You’re not going to get away with this. Drake will stop you and come save me”.

“Ah yes your Draconques friend I presume” I said with little to no care while brushing her mane out of her eyes. She tried to snip at me, but I was much faster than her leaving her to bite the air. “I can assure you miss that by the end of the day he’ll be working for me just like the others” I said leaning my face towards her mane and taking a big whiff of her scent.

She shuddered in disgust and tried to smack my nose with her head, but once again failed to do any really harm towards me. “Oh yeah and how do you plan to do that?” she asked with malice.

“Why you’ll be telling him to...Well more like begging him to, but mere technicalities” I said dismissively.

“Fat chance!” she said snidely and continued “It’d be a cold day in Tartarus before I do anything for the likes of you!”

I just smirked at her “Then you better put a sweater on because your not going to have much of a choice” I said to her and continued “Unless of course you’d rather that I make your daughter be the one to ask him” my tone filled with evil intent.

“You're lying she got away” she said with a triumphant smirk.

“Oh and what proof do you have of that” I said lying through my teeth. “Because of what those buffoons said” I said followed by a slight chuckle and continued “Did you really think that I’d only send those two by themselves to capture you?” a look of doubt crossed her face for a moment before her confidence came back albeit very little.

“Let’s say you're telling the truth. How’d do you plan to get Drake to follow your every whim loyally? The moment he finds a chance to save us or to stop you he’d take that chance”.

“Ah that my dear is rather simple” I said while moving towards my desk. Opening the bottom drawer I removed a small red case. Bringing the case back towards her I opened and revealed a small silver bracelet with a fire red ruby that could hook around most limbs. “This my dear” I said while hooking it around her left fore hoof “Is an enchanted accessory that when a certain phrase is spoken will bind the one wearing it to me” I said while revealing a golden armband with a crystal clear diamond on my right arm. “Because the recipient would be bound to me that would mean his life is connected to my own” I said with an evil smirk.

“But he could just take it off or cut his own limb off”.

“Ah but the thing you’re forgetting is that he is connected to me as in my very own life force.” I chided while booping her nose. She growled in response as I continued “So instead of thinking him as a separate individual think of him as a part of my own body. So in essence if he were to remove, amputate or kill me he’d be basically killing himself”.

A sense of panic began to arise in her features until she took a glance at the bracelet once more. Studying its design carefully she said with little confidence “There no way such magic exist where it could do that let alone be accessible by the likes of you so easily out here in the middle of nowhere”.

“Oh you poor naive girl” I said while tutting in disappointment “Did someone already forget their lessons about magic and that everything has some sort of magical essence in it”.

“No I didn't” she growled at me. “But that doesn't mean you have the means to make it work” she continued while I unclasped the bracelet off her and placed it into my bag.

“Oh contraire” I said while fishing thru my pouch pocket. Feeling the object I was looking for I held a small blue sapphire before her and said “Lux”. The little blue gem then began to glow a bright white light illuminating the room even more. A few minutes past before the gem ran out of juice and then the light died out.

She just stared at me mouth agape trying to find the words to describe how that couldn’t be possible, but I didn’t let her as I turned and began to leave. “Wait! Where are you going?” she asked.

As I reached the door I turned to look back at her and said “Well with the explanation out of the way I decided to give you a choice on how this will end”.

“Option A: You convince him to put it on and let me do whatever I want with you” I said with a lecherous smile and continued “Or option B: I let your daughter convince him to put it on and I do whatever I want with her”.

“If you lay one hand on her I’ll-” she tried to say.

“You’ll what Miss? Break out of those bonds and fight a whole warren by yourself? Ha the probability of that happening is how you so lovely put it earlier ‘A cold day in Tartarus’”.

“But you won’t!” she cried out desperately. “Even you wouldn’t do something like that to an innocent child”.

“Normal circumstances yes I wouldn’t, but if it’s an option to achieve my goals than well” I said and finished my sentence with an evil smile “Some sacrifices will have to be made”. Panic/desperation spread across her face as she tried to find any lies so far in my statements, but came up empty. Deciding to push her into making a decision I said “You have ten seconds to decide Miss: Either you or your daughter”.

“Ten. Nine” I began the countdown.

“Don’t do this you can still-”

“Eight. Five. Four”.

“Hey you skipped three numbers!”

“Three. Tw-”

“Stop! Just stop! You win, Okay!” she cried out as tears began to stream down her face.

“Sorry Love didn’t quite catch that” I said while placing my hand towards my ear giving off the impression that I’d hear her better now.

“I’ll...I’ll do whatever you want just don’t touch my muffin” she said occasionally letting out a low sniffle.

“Of course you have my word that me nor my clan shall bring harm to her” I said making my way back towards her. As I reached her side again I said “Come now how about a smile hmm” while brushing her mane once more.

[This is where it starts]

It took her a moment to compose herself, but when she did her eyes instead of full of life were dull and voidless while her smile was rather fetching was noticeably forced. ‘It appears someone had already began the foundation and the structure’ I thought while my paw began to brush against her side making its way towards her perfectly shaped flank. Giving it a tight squeeze she let out a low moan of pleasure, but more importantly showed no sign of resisting.

‘Excellent now all I have to do is put on the finishing touches’ I thought as I started to kiss her along her neck. Starting from there I worked my way down towards her stomach while one hand caressed her rump and the other was used to rub her inner thigh. Another moan escaped her lips as her breathing picked up. The beats of her heart could be heard, though that may have been my new hearing doings it’s job, as it began to pick up the pace.

An animal instinct took hold of me for a moment as I jumped on the bed and spread her rear hooves apart to see her mare hood, but was able to stop myself before I could preceded any further. ‘Now now, boy settle down’ I thought with a slight chuckle. Back under control I licked my lips hungry and slowly made my way towards her lovely bits.

[This is the safe area]

The next few parts were a blur. At first I was mere moments away from going down on her, but then found my lips smacking against the cold wet earth. In between I could hear the sound of my door being slammed open and someone shouting something, but again it happened too fast for me to make sense out of it. Finally I tried to get up and get a look as to where I was, but soon found that I couldn’t as a massive weight forced me to stay down. My entire vision was surrounded by a multitude of different fur coats followed by the wet sensation of water and finished off with the overbearing stench of wet/sweaty dog fur.

It took the dogs on top of me a few moments to regain their wits, but soon began to get up lessening the weight that threatened to crush me. Finally the last of them got up and helped me up while they brushed the mud that coated my fur. Getting most of it off I shooed them away to allow the rain to get the rest off while also taking in my surroundings. I was outside that much easy to note, but soon recognized the area to be the entrance to our warren. Noticing that my pack was staring at something I forced my way towards the front, since most of them were far taller than I, and was astonished at the sight before me.

The Draconequus before me was described quite accurately in the book in that it had the head of a pony while the rest was a mix match of different creatures. Though what made him more astonishing was the gray aura that surrounded his very body. The aura that not only covered his body but a few feet away from him glowed with radiance that brighten the area much better than the sun could on this cloudy day. Standing in front of him was a dark coated Pegasus with a white mane and piercing crimson eyes. Clutched between her muzzle was a slightly bloodied katana, the rain long since wiping most of the blood off, and surrounding her on all four sides were the dead bodies of the five guards I posted.

Both sides just stood there: the mare holding a glare that dared anyone to challenge/approach her while the dogs spanned out to not only protect me, but to show that they were not afraid to attack. For what felt like a few minutes the glow from the Draconequus began to dim down casting the area into a low darkness. Eventually the glow was gone and he opened his eyes to see a small army against his two man team. Though he showed little to no care as he now looked amongst us with an even expression. As if searching for a needle in a haystack he soon found it as he stared right at me.

I didn’t let it get to me as I strolled over towards him. My pack tried to stop me, but with one glance they stopped and instead surrounded the two. The Draconequus matched me as he strolled over towards me while on the way lightly tapping the pegasus’s shoulder to ease up though she didn’t she still acknowledge him with a curt nod. Meeting each other halfway we stood in silence as we sized each other up.

I broke the silence first since I couldn’t get anything from his stoic like features “Drake I presume?” I asked while holding my hand out to be shook.

He didn’t even acknowledge my hand and said “Yes and I can presume you’re the Alpha of this clan”

Bringing my hand back towards my side “Yes, but you do not need to refer to me as such” I said with a cheery smile and continued “Now my name is Clayton and what is your other name?”.

His eyes glinted with interest, but was able to keep himself in check “Rob” he responded back “Short for Robert”.

I could tell he was lying “You are a fairly below average lair”.

“True, but I see no reason to give you any other name that may or may not be my own”.

“Unless in the event that we may know one another”.

“I know who my friends are and sadly you’re not one of them”. I tsked mentally in annoyance, but decided to back off for the moment. “So how’s the game treating you so far?” he asked casually.

“Oh a pain at first, but I’m quite the...convincing sort of individual that also knows how to make do with what resources one gets” I said casually as well. “And you?”

“Wouldn't know. Technically I’m not apart of the game, but yet at the same time I am”.

“That hardly makes much sense, but no point brooding over things that don’t add up”

“For the time being anyways, but you and I both know I didn’t come here for small talk” he said with slight anger in his voice.

“Ah yes about your friend” I said with a nod and continued “I’m afraid all it is, is a slight misunderstanding”. He raised a brow in skepticism but elected to say nothing. Taking the opportunity I explained “You see at night we forbid the townsfolk from entering the mines and your friend was just close enough to the perimeter that the dogs thought she was trying to sneak in. So naturally they did what was instructed and captured her. But I can assure you that no harm was brought onto her”.

“That’s good to know” he stated simply.

‘I’ll give him one thing he does know how to keep his emotions in check’ I thought with a slight grimace at his response. Forcing a pleased smile I said “Yes and with that business out of the way I shall personally go fetch your companion and bring her here”. Turning towards the entrance I began a steady pace, the dogs parting ways to let me through, though stopped in surprise as I noticed the dark coated mare standing in front of the entrance. Shifting my gaze back towards where she was suppose to be I soon realized that she no longer stood there.

My pack realizing my sudden movements put two and two together as it dawned upon them that the mare switched positions faster than the eye could see. Making sure to show no sign of fear or worry I took a steady breath of air and turned to look at the Draconequus once more. “Is something the matter? Or is there more you wish to discuss?”

“Not really” he said lazily though still kept that angry tone. “It’s just a policy of mine to be wary around those who lie to me”.

Not flinching in the slightest I tried to say “Lying? Me? Why I’d never-”

“‘You see at night we forbid the townsfolk from entering the mines and your friend was just close enough to the perimeter that the dogs thought she was trying to sneak in. So naturally they did what was instructed and captured her’ were your exact words correct?” he said.

I nodded and he continued “Yet I too was at both of the fields the previous night, accompanied by a pony from the Solitude, yet was not bothered or disturbed”.

“Ah well I ordered the dogs to give you permission to walk about freely including those that accompanied you”.

He nodded in understanding to that part though continued “That could be true, but then why only me and not the rest of my friends? You obviously know what we look like”.

“Yes but most of the dogs here are poorly educated. To give them such complex order as such would be to difficult or could have the risk of them screwing it up. Where as since it is you, a different species altogether, it is rather simple than say your Pegasus friend over there”.

“Smell and sight” he stated. Noticing my confusion he continued “Canine have a great sense of smell allowing them to be able to know if the scent is familiar or not while also having great sight in low-lighting/nighttime vision allowing them to make out who or what is out there.” I mentally tsked in silence though showed no signs of backing down from my statement. “Yet you wish for me to believe that the dogs just happened to mistaken my companion as one of your slaves?” he asked mockingly.

“It matter not how or why it happened since in the end what happened happened” I said completely blowing him off. “What matter now is that we return your friend for you safe and sound, but unless you let us go get her for you then we seem to be at an impasse”.

“No since there’s a third option” he said while casually strolling past me. “You wait up here and I’ll go get her.

Timed slowed down to a crawl as I planned out my next move. Considering he wasn’t going to listen to me anymore let alone trust me I’d have to resort to plan B. Ever so quietly reaching into my pouch I felt the familiar cold touch of the bracelet. Turning on the spot to face him I then dashed over towards him aiming for his green colored lizard leg’s ankle. He was too slow to react as the bracelet clamped shut around it. “Vincio!” I cried out the two bracelets glowing to life as the magical links connect to one another. “Sit!” I command just as his fist was about to connect with my face. Merely a centimeter away his hand shaked ever so lightly as he tried to resist my command though it slowly went back to his side as he sat on the cold muddy ground.

He was shocked to say the least as he tried to get up, but found that he couldn’t. He eventually put two and two together as he examined the bracelet trying to find a way to remove it himself. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you” I said while wagging my finger side to side.

“Why’s that?” he asked skeptically with anger all to present in his voice as his hands felt around the bracelet for a means to unclasp it.

“Quite simple really, I used magic to bind your life to mine. My life is your life, my will is your will. Disobey me and I’ll let you die. Betray me and you die. Remove that bracelet with out my command and you die. Remove my bracelet and you die.”

He gave me a death glare that last for a full minute until “Pfft” he slipped as his facial features began to turn into sly smile. A low yet audible laugh filled the area for all to hear.

Annoyed I gripped his throat causing him to choke rather than to continue his laughing fit. “Oh do pray tell what’s so funny? Is it that you finally realized your place and have cracked or is it the insanity within you finally coming out?” I snarled at him showing him who ran the show is the first step into making people submit.

As if unhindered by my grip he asked “When did it occur to you that I ever left my spot to begin with?”

I blinked. I blinked a second time. Then blinked again once more. Again and again I continued to blink as if hoping I would wake up from this dream. Grasped in my hands was not the Draconequus, but in his place sat Scaredy. As if waking from the same dream he began to struggle against my grip. Releasing him and turning around there I saw the Draconequus standing there arms crossed with an angry yet smug look on his face.

“That’s not possible” I simply stated as fear and dread began to creep into my forethoughts.

“Yet it still happened” he responded back.

I tried to think of something, anything to say to him that would justify my previous action yet I drew a blank. The detail of the illusion still haunted my thoughts as I tried to push them away and say something rather than to continue standing there like an idiot.

A low splash sound brought me out of my thoughts as my ears located where the source of the sound came from. Though it was rather unnecessary as I saw who made the noise as the Draconequus slowly made his way towards me. An instinctual fear began to rise in me clouding all my thoughts with one simple idea: Flee. Another step he took towards me which I mimicked with a step back. We soon fell into a dance of sorts: me taking a step back while he pressed forwards towards me.

“S-s-s-someone s-s-stop him!” I cried out one paw shaking in fear as I pointed towards him. There was no response. I turned to see what could be stopping them from listening to me only to gasp in surprise.

Nothing. Nothing as far as the eye could see. An endless black void surrounded the area except the small arena like landscape we were originally in except the ground was hard instead of muddy and no rain fell down from the heavens.

My heart began to beat loud enough for my ears to hear perfectly. My breathing began to pick up at a fast steady rate. ‘Can’t think need to calm down’ a single yet sensible thought burst through the haze that surrounded my mind. A deep breath later and my thoughts were manageable once more. “This is just another one of his illusions” I muttered to myself as a plan began to formulate in my mind albeit a poor one. Grasping my left pinkie finger while clenching my teeth I mentally prepared myself for the task I was about to do. Ready as I’d ever be with a power yet swift motion a loud audible snap echoed out as my pinky bent at an odd angle. A hiss of pain escaped my lips followed by a list of curses were garbled out.

A smug smile formed as I panted from exhaustion ‘There that should have done it’ I thought, but soon lost my smile as the landscape remained the same. Flabbergasted I tried to think of another plan until I realized that the Draconequus was standing right in front of me. He was much taller than I thought he was as he seemed to tower over me like a giant. His blue and purple ires eyes stared down at me with displeasure. Like a person stepping on an ant I too felt so insignificantly small compared to the being before me.

My body trembled in fear while my feet planted themselves firmly to the ground. I tried to think of something to get me out of this situation, but any plan or idea that popped into my head seemed to just as quickly disperse back into the recess of my mind. Without even realizing it my hand made its way towards the hidden dagger that was strapped to my back. He raised one brow at what I was doing, but soon put two and two together and...smiled.He...he was daring me to. Anger and desperation took hold of me as I quickly unsheathed my blade and made to stab him in the shoulder.

The blade was a stiletto made of something akin to steel though proved to be more durable with a sharp point able to pierce through iron and steel quite easily. The handle was made of silver in the image of a snake that seemed to always looked polished and clean. It was a gift from my patron which had the ability to paralyze my foes with nothing more than a simple scratch so that I may either tie them up and make them my own or to give them a quick painless death.

Without batting an eyelash he simply grasped the blade between his index fingers while using little to no force in stopping the blade from continuing its path. Baffled I tried to release the blade from his grasp, or at the very least give him a light cut, but soon found that I couldn’t make it even budge. A simple flick of his wrist was all it took for the blade to shatter into pieces.

I fell back to the ground staring at the once proud weapon that was now reduced to a can opener. I looked at him my mind unable to comprehend what was going on anymore. ‘No this can’t be real! This is nothing more than an illusion!’ I screamed hoping that if I believe in those words it would be true.

As if hearing my thoughts he said “Is this an illusion or is this reality?” followed by a flick of his tail that lightly tapped against my broken pinkie.

An explosion of pain engulfed my entire left hand forcing me into the fetal position for a brief moment. Once the pain died down I chucked my broken weapon towards him in the hopes of it still being able to work. He responded back by simple leaning to the right which was exactly what I wanted him to do as I sprung from my spot, my right claw aimed at his neck. My claws able to penetrate the earth with little resistance could easily tear through flesh as well. Nearly a few seconds away he showed no sign of concern, which was unnerving, but it was a chance I needed to take.

By now I should have felt the warm trickle of blood running down my claws. I should have felt the spray of blood covering my body from head to toe. I should have at least felt his flesh being ripped. I should have felt many of things, but alas I did not as my claws ripped through nothing. No not nothing it was more akin to slicing at a cloud of mist as his body momentarily was distorted but soon regain his mist like form.

Without a moments notice he simply vanished an erie chuckle escaping his lips as he disappeared. All presence of his existence was gone leaving me in this area alone. Searching the area to be sure I was able to confirm my suspicion of him being gone though that now posed a new problem. How the hell was I suppose to get out of here!?

Though before that I had to worry about my injury first. Reaching into my pack I pulled out a roll of gauze and set it to the top for a moment. Clenching my teeth I snapped my finger back into place and wrapped it up to another finger to keep it stable. With that task out of the way I returned the gauze back into my sack and looked around the area once more.

Nothing noticeable popped out so with no better idea I picked a random direction and began to walk. Time seemed to stretch out much like the area as it kept going on and on for ever. After what felt like hours I decided to rest while chewing on a small emerald. While I was resting I scratched into the dirt of an idea of what the area looked like, but soon found it pointless. Feeling rejuvenated I began my journey once more.

A few minutes passed, with nothing changing whatsoever, until I saw something out of the corner of my eyes. Curious I walked over towards it only to stumble back in surprise. Rubbing my eyes and relooking at the spot once more it finally occurred to me why this place seemed to go on endlessly.

A poor excuse for a map laid sketched there in the dirt...the very same one I made not even ten minutes ago. Reaching into my pack once more I grabbed a well size gem and chucked it at high/far as I could muster. A few seconds passed and I began to think I was just being paranoid as well as somehow retraced my steps until something smacked into the ground a few feet behind me. Turning towards the noise I was not only taken back at the gem laying there on the ground but also at the figure that appeared before me.

There standing before me was a man I thought I’d never see again in my lifetime...it was my father.