• Published 15th Aug 2016
  • 246 Views, 0 Comments

Temptation Draws Near - Mexican Brony 101



A new darkness shrouds over the minds of those eager to move onto greater feats of wickedness. The Lil Tempter is in Canterlot and is eager to gain back the power he lost in a confusing battle. [i]Based on The Living Tombstone's music video Jumping D

  • ...
 0
 246

Thirst

At one of the best restaurants in Canterlot sat a brown colored pony with a saddened look. He stood out from the rest of the customers in that he was wearing blue jeans and a simple white shirt. Many stared confused as to how he was able to afford the private booth, others were disgusted.

“How are the kids doing, ol’ chap?” a rather elegant looking pony said to a brown pony sitting at a restaurant corner.

“They’re fine, Fleurburger. It’s just…” he hesitated.

“What is it?” He sat on the red cushioned booth and side-hugged his friend.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to have you pay for all of our expenses,” he said, looking down shamefully.

“Rustler,” he said with concern, “if this is about my charity toward you, I assure you I don’t do it to hurt or demean you.”

“I know, but it’s embarrassing to tell my boys about my friend, the restaurant owner, who has a job…and…daddy doesn’t...” He had a hint of tears in his eyes, which he wiped away as he brought his head up.

A long pause occurred between them in which both reflected on what to say now. Fleurburger wanted to cheer up his friend.

“Say chap, what if I were to tell you that my store manager at the other side of Canterlot is seeking an employee. Hmm?” he said with his eyebrows hinting towards Rustler.

“Really?” Rustler’s ears perked up. “But…when he finds out what I’ve done, he’ll probably fire me.

“Rustler, when I first met you, you were a tough working stallion who cared a lot about his wife and kids.” He leaned in closer to him and spoke quieter, “Simply because you were caught stealing doesn’t automatically mean you will never have a job.”
He leaned back into his seat and said casually, “now what would you like to eat?”
But Rustler was trap in the horrible memory of being arrested by the Manehattan police. He had a great job working for a small bank and he was providing for his family well. His wife however still dreamed that one day they would go to Saddle Arabia for a vacation. Saving money was out of the question because his accident prone kids would cost him his savings.
His closest co-worker asked Rustler if he wanted some money. He of course say yes, though he wasn’t expecting what came next. His co-worker reminded him of a shipment of money that would leave the bank soon.
“It happens all the time Rustler doesn’t it?” he said confused and frustrated.
“Yeah, but”
“They always miscalculate the money and have to go to the vault to get more right?”
“I guess…”
“So what do you say that we get some of that money ourselves, they won’t even care because they stink at counting!”
Rustler got back to his senses, “I think I’m gonna pass on that dinner. I’m…going home instead.”
Fleurburger looked at his friend with sadness. He regrets having reminded Rustler of the thievery. He called in the waiter as his friend left.
“A glass of Apple Family cider please.”

----------

“And don’t you fret bout no ghost Rarity. Now, I’m sure that it was just a normal pony goin’ ‘bout their day, in the side road.” Apple Jack was saying this while tending to the chickens. She had gotten a letter from Rarity describing a scary shadow figure she saw a glimpse of two days ago.
Apple Bloom sat on the outskirts of the chicken coup holding a pen in her mouth and parchment on her clipboard.
“And end it with small letters at the bottom sayin, ‘If your problem becomes more serious than please call us and Celestia. From, Apple Jack’ ”
“Alright!” Apple Bloom said enthusiastically. “I’m sending it now” she gestured at the gray mail Pegasus that was flying by. When the she the mail pony got the letter her eyes lit up, then she saluted to the two militarily, and flew off.

----------

“These-” he didn’t even want to think ponies, “-beings, are like those prissy rich from earth.
He had come to accept, at least, that he was stuck here. He felt weak, puny, and vulnerable. He was just the size of human boy being about 4’10’’. He had done his best to possess somepony while they were sleeping but all he managed to do was drain a bit of his own energy.
“But this time I will gain power!” He said to himself as he snuck in the shadow of a nearby gutter in the side street.
It was noon and it was perfect for the Tempter as he turned to shadow and tailed a nearby dark blue pony.
“Can you believe that waiter! Hump!” He held his head up higher when he turned to speak to the pony accompanying him.
“Indeed how could he serve somepony who favors something as ridiculous as-“the thought gave his shivers “cha-re-tee. Disgusting!”
“Quite!”
The disrespect and rudeness of the ponies was leaving his thirsty for more. Though this was disrespectful it did little but to make his want more. Because the two looked up they failed to notice the Tempter move toward a shadow ahead cast by a lamp post. As the two went past him he waved a dark hand at the two summoning the power he gained recently.
“You know what?” one of them said. As he felt an aggravating chill down his spine.
“Yes?”
“Wasn’t that stallion friends with a thief” he smiled with wickedness as his company smiled as well.
“He was a thief in Manehatten yes, though very little here at Canterlot know about it.”
“Well” he stopped walking and looked at his companion do the same. “What if he was to show everyone again what he is really capable of?”

----------

Two days earlier
“What is it now Discord?” Celestia said speaking to a lamp.
“Oh come on Celestia can’t you just pretend to be happy for once?”
Celestia sat down and simply waited for Discord to appear in front of her face…as he always did.
“Boo” he crackled and summoned a bed to lay on as he laughed.
“Tell me what you wanted to tell me Discord, you know I don’t like your games.” She looked a bit impatient.
“Well,” he said, “I’m sure you noticed the change in power Equestrian has been though.”
“Discord we both know-”
“Darkness” he smiled casually.

Author's Note:

Yay!:yay: second chapter. I was able complete what i said I'll do and post every week. It will remain this way till further notice! :rainbowdetermined2:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment