• Published 10th Aug 2016
  • 806 Views, 9 Comments

Silver's Arrow of Motherhood - MichelleTwistaloo



Silver Spoon is incredibly excited to meet with her mother, SilverSpeed, but the question stands, does she have to leave?

  • ...
0
 9
 806

The Only Chapter

The two ponies trotted down the streets of Ponyville in an organized manner. They were both earth ponies, one with a Silver coat and a braid, as well as glasses that made her look totally adorable, and one who trotted like she owned the world.

She didn’t, the reign was technically of Celestia, though she liked to pretend otherwise in her playtimes, when fending of changelings, and whatever beasts came roaming to her kingdom, when she pretended she was princess during recess. She was pink, not just in coat coloring, but also in pretty much every accessory, except in the Diamond and silver Tiara she wore.

“Silver” - The pinkest of the two ponies asked, in her whine, please play with me voice, the voice that her mother had taught her could get her everything, and that her dad always fell for. - “Want to come over to my house and play princess? You can be Luna!” - She said, refering to the other Sister who ruled the night skies of Equestria, the land in which both fillies were.

Silver Spoon however looked up to the sky, and to the ground, analysing the shadows and trying to calculate the time, Ponyville had a clock time, but several accidents with a ditzy mail mare assured it almost never was accurate. The rustic little town had plenty of shadows. One of Silver Spoons ears twitched as she heard the question, and she saw the time.

“Not today, Dia, maybe some other day, sorry” - She broke into a wide smile and lifted her two forelegs of the ground, she felt happy, content, wishful, after all…” - “She’s coming home today, I want to be there to see her!”

Diamond nodded, that did make sense, the few times she had been with Silver Spoon’s mother she had been….well she had certainly cooler than her own mother, that was for sure, unfortunately chances for them to be together weren’t common.

“I understand!” - Before the whole Cutie Mark Crusaders gaining their Cutie Marks, the mark that indicated their special talent, in helping others, Diamond Tiara would have been annoyed at her friend ditching her, even if for her own mother, but now she only nodded approvingly. Getting her voice to a high shrill, one that was embarrassingly similar to Sweetie Belle’s, one of their friends, she told her. - “Go on! And enjoy the day!”

And so Silver ran, the wind pushing her only braid of hair backwards, so it didn’t flow into her eyes. It had been her mother’s suggestion she started styling it that way, and she saw fit to keep it in tribute to her, and also to keep it nice and sorted, even if it made her look like a bit of a geek. She bit her lip, she wasn’t a geek, if anything Button was.

But her thoughts about the colt who liked video games were interrupted as she finally approached what she considered home. Now normally it was inhabited by two people, herself and the butler, that took care of her. Her family being one of those that had earned its money relatively recently, not of noble origins, she lived in a slightly bigger house. But someone had to take care of her while her mother, SilverSpeed, was off so much.

She quickly approached the fences and the forms and she ran as fast as she could, her saddlebags rattled behind her, as they brought upon the weight of her school books but she didn’t actually care for those, for she was about to see her mother.

With an explosion of energy she took the final steps up - no doors were locked in Ponyville, not when there was no crime. - and she opened the door, tripping over her own hooves and falling down. Much like a puppy with too much energy though she quickly got back up and made herself known.

“I’m home!” - She said, sweat covering her coat, her braid a mess, but she was finally home.

Then she saw her, SilverSpeed, not caring much for anything else she leapt at her.

“Hey kid! Look at how you’ve grown!” - The similar silver in their coats revealed their parentage, though SilverSpeed had wings on top of her coat, she gently put one around Silver Spoon.

“Kept the braid on I see, though I dare say you almost pushed it apart and ran out of breath today!” - She joked pushing her closer. To Silver Spoon the intimate contact just felt right, and despite being all clumpy and warm and bothered, being close to her mother wasn’t a problem.

“Mfmfmfmfmfm” - She said, her head pressed against her mother’s side, and her body covered with a wing.

“Say what now, Silvie?” - Only her mother called her Silvie, well Dia liked that nickname as well, but coming from her mother’s lips it just felt right, she started to blush at the affectionate nickname.

Her mother pushed a wing away and she spoke.

“I said, what have you been up to?”

Her mother shook herself, as if unsure. - “Oh ya know, won a couple medals here and there, trained, trained and trained, joined some of the best teams around” - she ticked Silver on the neck as she was standing there with her mouth opened listening to it. - “But I always missed my little Silver”

Silver’s heart felt heavy, pushed through all the laughter the wing tips were causing in her neck was the age old question of why her mother had to leave. She really didn’t want her to leave.

“I missed you too, mom” - The tone at which she said that, the disappointment could be heard through the voice, at that moment SilverSpeed understood just how much her daughter missed her,

“Hey, hey, hey!” - She tickled Silver all around, making her laugh, but the laughter wasn't’t real and they both knew it. - “Archery is hard work...and from how fast you ran...we may have another athlete in the family!”

“My friend scootaloo is totally faster than me, I’m no athlete.” - She countered.

“I have a tournament next week...but…”

Silver Spoon bit her lip, there it was always another tournament, always another competition.

“Do you have to leave?”

“I made a promise to my team” - SilverSpeed truly wished that this didn’t have to be this way, but it was the archery prizes that paid for many of Silver Spoon’s comforts. Even if she had come out with a defective view and would never follow in her mom’s footsteps, she could still try and enjoy the sport.

The stiff laugh from Silver Spoon came, but they both felt that this issue wasn’t truly resolved.

“Tell you what, for this week, I’ll teach you how to do archery!” - The bow and arrow had always been sacred to her, Silver had never been allowed near them as they were her professional tools of work, but now, she felt closer to her daughter. - “I was a little younger than you when I started, it’s about time. We’ll start simple and then rank up the difficulty”

The scream of excitement could be heard from a hill up above giving reason for the crusaders questioning looks.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Camopony for the headcanon that those two are related (and something more)
And, of course, thank you to Chibi Chabot for some help in one part or another.

Comments ( 9 )

Can someone pass me some salt?

That was a little too sweet for me and i would like to balance it out with something salty.

Quickly now, before i pass out from the sweetness overload.....:twilightsheepish:

Huh, so I wasn't the only one who thought these two might be related?:rainbowhuh: Anyways, great story!:twilightsmile:

You should do more with this two.:twilightsmile: You're story is getting very interesting to read keep up a good work update soon

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

*dead*

7469198
You and me both brother!

Sweet story, though I do wish the feelings and emotions of both characters had been a bit more felshed out.

It was nice but it feels incomplete.

To me. This story is incomplete. It should be finished cause technically you ended the story in the middle of a sentence with a verb. Which is a no no.

But either than that it was okay.

it is nice to see a story where that family is not complete bitches

Login or register to comment