• Published 14th Dec 2016
  • 690 Views, 10 Comments

Shady Days and Burning Ways - Mlp Kitty



Everyone has someone they’ve left behind, and in Sunset Shimmer's case it’s her little sister, Shady. What Sunset doesn’t know is that Shady blames her own mistakes for Sunset’s disappearance. In her quest to reunite her family, Shady just mi

  • ...
1
 10
 690

Dresses and Disasters

Sunset pulled out of the embrace. “Oh! I brought you something!” She hurried over to her saddlebags and levitated a cardboard box out. Walking back over to Shady she placed the box in front of her. “Here.”

Shady slowly lifted the lid off the box, squinting with the effort. Once the lid was off she stared, puzzled at the box’s contents. “A dress?”

“It’s the latest design.” Sunset assured her holding up the dress. “I was hoping you’d wear it at the student showcase.”

Shady backed away, “You want me to go to the student showcase?”

Sunset smiled,”Come on Shady, it’s just one day. What could go wrong?”

Shady bit her lip, considering her options. “Well I wouldn’t want to let you down, and it is only one day…” Sunset stared at her, silently begging her to come. “Alright.” Shady sighed, “I’ll go.”

* * *

Shady stood outside Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns in the dress Sunset bought her. It really was the latest, short and black with turquoise stripes that exactly matched her eyes and more sequins than any other garment Shady had ever worn.

“I feel so overdressed.” Shady said to Sunset, looking around at all the unicorns who weren’t wearing anything. A mare passing the sisters glared angrily at Shady.

“Nonsense! Everypony else is just underdressed and jealous!” Sunset declared loudly. Shady ducked as the number of glares multiplied.

“So… where am I supposed to go again?” Shady asked.

Sunset gestured around at the school as she named certain landmarks, “You’re in the auditorium over there, I’ll be in the presentation hallway back there, and that door on your left leads to the palace.”

Shady turned towards the auditorium, “I guess I’ll be going then.” As she walked away from Sunset she passed a couple with their little filly. Shady smiled at the lavender unicorn before continuing on. Suddenly the world became engulfed in gold. “Great.” Shady grumbled. “Five minutes and I’m already seeing the future.”

Sunset sat in the bottom of a crater. Her hair was singed and her eyes filled with tears. Her formerly equine body was bent out of shape until it was almost impossible to recognise her. Standing above the crater was a lavender girl with straight indigo hair and violet eyes. Slowly the lavender girl bent down and offered a strange appendage to Sunset.

Shady blinked, trying to make sense of the vision. However a jab from behind made her keenly aware of the fact that, while she’d been visiting the future, she’d also blocked the entrance to the auditorium. “Sorry!” She shouted to the ponies behind her as she hurried into the large room. Looking around she finally found the seat marked with her name.

“Shady?” The stallion next to her asked.

“Yes?” She replied automatically before realizing exactly who was sitting next to her. Turning to him, she gasped, “Sunburst? Is that you?”

Sunburst smiled, “You better believe it little sister!”

“Wow! You look different!”

“Is that a compliment or an insult?”

“A compliment silly.” Shady laughed. Looking closer, she laughed, “Is that a beard?”

Sunburst turned his chin up, proudly displaying the tiny hairs sprouting from his chin. “It is indeed!”

As the two of them continued to laugh and talk, the showcase began. Shady didn’t really pay attention until the announcer stated, “And up next, Princess Celestia’s very own personal student, Sunset Shimmer!” However when he stepped aside, there was nopony there.

“Huh, that’s odd,” Sunburst said looking at the stage.

Shady felt dread pool in the pitt of her stomach. “I need to go.” She said to Sunburst before running out of the auditorium. Once out in the corridor she looked for the door leading to the palace. “Sunset said it was the one on the…” Turning to face the door Shady exclaimed, “Left!”

Using her hoof to open the door, Shady dashed into the palace looking in every door as she went. Finally she arrived in front of a wooden door. Shady started to head back the way she’d come, maybe she’d taken a wrong turn. But the sound of weeping drew her back to the door. Peeking inside she saw not only the mirror from her vision , but the collapsed form of the Princess as well.

“Oh Sunset,” Celestia sobbed, “Why do I always lose the ones I love.”

Shady stepped into the room, “You don’t love her even half as much as I do. But… she’s gone now isn’t she?”

“Shady,” Celestia whispered, “Please understand that I never intended for this to happen.”

Shady didn’t respond, she couldn’t, the tears she held inside blocked all sound from escaping her. As she ran, out of the palace, out of the school, out of the horrible truth that threaten to consume her she held one hope. That lavender unicorn would find Sunset someday, and she’d bring her home. She had to.

Author's Note:

Sorry that this is so short. Me and my friend who's been helping me with this story have been busy. Anyway, enjoy!

Comments ( 3 )

Please let me know what you think of this chapter.:raritywink:

Oh! Glad to see you back.

7941614 It's good to be back.

Login or register to comment