• Published 30th Jul 2016
  • 2,539 Views, 30 Comments

Exterminatus - Ari Dufresne



Twilight builds an amplifier for her new radio, and discovers something that should have remained hidden.

  • ...
10
 30
 2,539

Revenge

Author's Note:

Sorry again for killing your brain cells.

I don't own anything.

It had been over three hundred years since the transmission was heard. In those three hundred years, almost all of the technological revolution had been dedicated to perfecting magic assisted space flight, and wartime technology. The petty feuds between the species of the world here put to an end when it was discovered why Equestria had declared war on aliens of all things.

Griffons and the hippogriffs had ended the petty feuds and began a long term peace in order to help with the efforts and eventually developed the technology to move at faster than light speeds utilizing the dark energy of the universe (or as the ponies called it “magic”).

The minotaurs had helped develop the weapons that could take out entire cities with one push of a button. It took a lot of convincing to get them to share the knowledge of the devices, but the minotaurs relented. Again, the bombs were just a rapid energy converter set to dark energy.

Even the changelings helped out, after making peace with Equestria. They designed and built the ships to house all of these technological marvels. Not only were they massive ships that had to be assembled piece by piece in space, but they were amazingly agile.

The zebras used their own brand of magic to shield the ships from any incoming attacks. It used an impervious spell that while darker in nature than most spells, did it’s job perfectly. Most things simply phased through the ship and its crew.

It was the ponies, however, that did perhaps the most marvelous thing of all.

Twilight had been listening in on an adjacent radio signal from that area and managed to pick up snippets of conversations by the inquisition. What she mainly focused on was something called ‘Warp Energy’. It was a weaker form of magic that could be used by almost anyone. It took training, but she had managed to train an entire contingent of pegasi and earth ponies how to use the stuff.

What was really impressive was that normal magic users and magically imbued objects negated the effect of Warp Energy.

In a mere three hundred years, Equuis had a massive army of ponies, griffons, hippogriffs, minotaurs, changelings, and a massive number of the finest golems created by Celestia and Luna.

It had taken over three hundred years to reach this point, but it had been worth it. Twilight looked away from the viewing screen in one of the smaller ships (they knew that being in the flag ship was too obvious) to the armored forms of Celestia and Luna, both in the sturdiest power armor ever created. Twilight was dressed much the same. Cadance was back on the planet, in case something happened.

“Shall we?” Twilight asked The Princesses.

“Let's do this.” Luna answered with an undertone of steel in her voice.
Twilight pressed the button that opened the wormholes used for FTL travel. Within seconds, they were a quarter of a galaxy away from home.

In front of them was the homeworld. The place where this evil originated. Terra. With a nod to the officer next to her, the ships began to get into formation.

Taking a shuddering breath, she advanced to the radio broadcaster that would send this message to every person on the planet. Twilight began the speech that had haunted her for years.

“We have arrived.”

Comments ( 27 )

Sequel. Make one. Now.

This a Warhammer 40K story? It seems like one.

Oh hopeless poor creatures of planet Equuis, they just don't know who are they dealing with. May the god Emperor crush their very soul.

7436682
I'm not planing a squeal to this. However, I am planing another story that will have the first chapter out either today or tomorrow.

Arn

7436736
Darkseid is having popcorn.

7436760 why can't we see just what happens after Twilight tells the imperium of man to surrender? And what happens when the imperium attempts to obliterate the Equis warships?

7438625
I had no intentions of continuing the story, but I might write a few chapters with different endings.

i wonder if they would get tempted by the power of chaos and discover the true horrors both mental and physical of that galaxy there some nasty things that won't stop for friendship... and technically the empire of man did trust once but it got one too many knives in the spine

“We have arrived.”

I'm guessing they don't about the Imperium Battlefleet Solar and the planetary defenses on Luna (The moon not the pony). Also after the attack is stopped (I'm guessing Terra would have a better defense force after the Horus Heresy and the army the ponies and their allies made would probably not be as powerful as Horus's traitor legions and certainly not as experienced as them) wouldn't the Imperium attempt to find and destroy the planet Equestria is on for revenge for attacking what is to the Imperium the holiest place in the galaxy.

I did enjoy reading this and I hope you plan on making a sequel or at least a few extra chapters in the future.

Good luck Twilight, because let's be honest, you're going to get fucking curb stomped. It doesn't help that we know why the Imperium declared exterminatus and how things are in 40k and as such they're inherently more sympathetic.

And then poor Twilight and all the ships with her got blown to bits because her armada is drawn from 1 world while the imperium has so many that they loose them and don't even notice. :pinkiesad2:

What happens next??? More Please.

and the didn't get corrupted by warp entities during the travel? the daemons are not exactly united and the unicorns would have a psytic footprint like an eldar, basicly atracting daemons without geller field tecnology also warp travel is not instantaneous and how did they get the coordinated from terra?

7490987 also the ordo malleous on Titan (saturn)

The ponies are being ass holes in this story, they never stopped to think of the most likely good reasons for the planet to have been annihilated.
:flutterrage:

it was none of their business either.

Meh, there aren't enough stories with ponies in the wrong.

Though I can sort of understand. I mean, if you're a creature that tries to get out of killing even when it's perfectly justified, imagine how you'd feel about someone destroying an entire world, just like that.

Besides, isn't this basically America, bringing Freedom and Democracy in convenient cartridges? ;-]

Tearing nose. There are no good reasons. The Imperium is literally the embodiment of everything any decent human being should loath. A group of xenophobic psychopaths that justify killing billions of beings for a very few being corrupted and use their godemporer (who is not a god, nor anything resembling a good person or ruler) as an excuse to do so. Ponies on the other hand have a literal goddess (or 3) to guide them, have no major conflict in the last 1000 years and try everything they can to solve problems without fighting. Thats not to say each side os one dimensional. Obviously humans in warhammer have to deal with daemons and ponies have their own less than desirables (blueblood cough cough) but on the whole the Imperium itself makes zero sense in the way they fight the daemons, the human civilization shown in the series has major plot and moral holes and ponies are by far a superiour moral species when comparing the two. As to them staying in their own business, ill draw everyone to an important quote, all that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Or as i can rephrase, when good people get told to "mind your own business" its a convenient way to shame people for trying to stop bad people. Case in point, we should all mind our own business and leave wife beaters alone, or child abusers, or people that kill others....or a civilization that commits genocide at the drop of a pin and slaughters millions of its own (psykers) just for being born different, hitler would be so proud.

9686437
Not a single person even implied that the Imperium is morally superior to Equestria, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to bring it up. I did get a chuckle at the comparison between daemons and Blueblood. Extradimensional entities that simply cannot be killed by traditional means, and exist to spread their unique brand of literally soul-rending agony in order to empower themselves, just so they can do it all over again, or a snobby, uptight noble.

On a more serious note, the Emperor is a god. Whether he wants to be one or not, in a setting where having enough beings believe in something makes it real, with countless trillions of people believing the Emperor is a god, he's almost certainly become one. He's definitely far more powerful than the princesses. The thing is that unlike ponies, who get to live in a utopian land where even the most hostile civilizations are at worst described standoffish and whose country is more powerful than pretty much any that might try to fight them, in 40k everything wants to exterminate humanity (and everything else) and is perfectly capable of doing so if given the right chance.

Seriously comparing the two as you've done is nothing short of absurd, and the fact you say "there are no good reasons" shows you have a poor understanding of both 40k and actual morality. What's the greater evil ending the suffering of millions, or letting them continue to suffer while sending millions more to their deaths in a fruitless attempt to reclaim the planet?

9686437
You must be extremely new to Warhammer 40K or that you know virtually nothing about it here's a little thing for you every action commit by the Imperium is completely and utterly justifiable and really don't bring more modern standards of morality into 40K they have virtually no place

9818663
I wasn't talking about Shining Armour specifically, just the fact that Celestia wants to declare war on the Imperium. It's so mind bogglingly ooc, as well as being completely suicidal, that I had to comment. The disparity in power between the Imperium and Equestria is far too great for the latter to even register on the former's radar. Celestia and Luna aren't even particularly powerful, since they clearly move sun and moon through hax rather than pure magical might.

and now equestria is fucked if thay attack

What the navie and innocent equestrians are about to do will be the dumbest mistake they will ever make in their small, pathetic, miserable existence in the universe. Honestly, it's none of their god forsaken business of what the Imperium does in their part of the universe.

Because one does not simply declare war on the Imperium of Man and expect to come out of it victorious or even in one piece, for that matter. If anything, the equestrians are in for a rude awakening, and they will soon learn that the vast and deep universe is a very dark, cold, and harsh place to live in, which contains all sorts of horrors beyond their comprehension.

The Imperium of Man will be the least of their worries. Let's not forget about the Eldar or the Tau. And may the gods help them if they come across the Orks on their path of galactic-scale carnage known as the WAAAGH!, or encounter the eldritch hordes of the Tyranids, or the relentless mess-armies of death machines known as the Necrons. Pray for their pathetic souls if they encounter the four Chaos Gods, each one makes Discord himself look like an absolute saint by comparison.

Because in the grimdark of the far future, there is only war...

7438019

Yeah, they just signed their own death warrants along with every single creature on their home planet.

Login or register to comment