• Published 14th Aug 2016
  • 3,053 Views, 76 Comments

Sage of Harmony (Season 1) - Eon Seb



The Tree of Harmony has sat dormant for years it's power stolen by the well-meaning Princesses. So it has decided to choose some champions to help spread Harmony across the world, this is their story.

  • ...
6
 76
 3,053

Ch.10 Swarms & Memories

Why oh why did she not check her calendar? Midnight could not believe it. Not only did she miss diverting the migration path of those famine inducing insects, but now one of her friends had brought them into town, and she fed them. "Oh. Joy" Midnight was in the middle of planning how to evacuate the town when "Wait. What did Pinkie just say?" With a start, she turned to her pink friend "You know what those things are?"

"Well duh! Now I need to go instrument hunting" Pinkie jumped back when Midnight ran up to her

"You know how to get rid of them?!" after Pinkie nodded she continued "Please tell me! please, please, please!"
After a quick discussion, both mares left to gather instruments. Leaving a very confused friend behind.

"Why would anyone want to get rid of these little cuties?" Fluttershy continued on her way to show the new creatures to the rest of her friends.

Meanwhile, at the schoolhouse

The CMC were quite confused. Diamond Tiara had not insulted them all day. Not one scratching remark or rebuke. At one point she even complimented Spectrum (Scootaloo used an old feather to clean her ear afterwards)! They finally cornered her and Silver during lunch. The answer they got was, surprising. Diamond just stared before she turned to Spectrum "Didn't you tell them?".

"I was going to but they marched over here before I could get a word in." The girls were looking between them with confusion (suspicion in Scootaloo's case).

Diamond sighed "I promise not to intentionally bully you three again." She looked a Spectrum before saying the next part "sigh Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

By that point, the Girls jaws were on the floor. Apple Bloom spoke first " Who are you and what did ya do to Diamond Tiara?"

Silver giggled "This is how she acts when she's using her brain, instead of just acting like she owns the world" Diamond glared at her friend "What? Its true, DT. You do tend to not think things through."

Diamond hung her head "Yeah, but did you have to say that in front of my new boss?"

Scootaloo finally had enough "What are you talking about? What boss?" at this the girls turned to Diamond waiting for an answer

Spectrum decided to intervene "Officially, she is now my lady in waiting" The CMC just looked at her uncomprehendingly "It means she works for me. In old times, it was a position held by the daughters of lesser nobles who worked for higher ranking nobles to help raise their status, in modern terms, it means she's my friend, and will be joining me in lessons on politics with dad, she also has an open invite to join me at any social event I go to and vice versa" at that moment the bell rang 'We'll continue this at the club house. Okay, girls?" After everyone gave their okay, they rushed back inside to finish school.

In the dream world

Nightmare was walking down a familiar beach, but she had not been here for well over a thousand years. "Figures she would dream of here, after all this was the last place we met 'him' on good terms". She soon found her sister lounging by the water, on top of a giant sand castle. She snorted "Really Tia. Which of us is the older sister again?"

Celestia just laughed, It's a dream, Lulu. I can do whatever I want, and I felt like making a sandcastle" Tia seemed to deflate "I still can't believe I forgot to use the copy spell for so long" Probably would have cost less magic to maintain in the long run." she paused here before perking up with a mischievous grin "So how are things going with your mare-friend Lulu dear?"

Nightmare blushed strong enough for her coat to turn burgundy. "Tia, I haven't even asked her to dinner yet" At Celestia's raised eyebrow she continued "I found out what her favorite place to eat was and I'm trying to set up reservations for a 'thank you' dinner that I hope can lead to actual- dates, is it? Yes that's the modern term. Dates."

Celestia just chuckled "I wish you luck sister." She then became serious "Do you feel it as well?" Nightmare just nodded stone faced "We will need to plan Lulu. I let you down. I've let so many ponies I love down. It ends now as soon as he returns we will use the plan we had before we decide on the elements. I'm sure it will work."

"Agreed sister I will make sure everything is ready, one way or the other, we will get our professor back."

The Ponyville library.

The girls were all quite confused they were on the way to the clubhouse (Which Diamond and Silver agreed was more private, if not as comfortable as they would have liked) when Spectrum saw Rarity's new pet and freaked out. She dragged all of them to the library, closed the door, than proceeded to kick the same type creature (which spike had one of for some reason) out the window before closing it. "Those bugs may look cute girls but do not be fooled they can, and will, eat any plants they come across that we would use for food, and the more they eat the more their numbers grow."

One by one, the girls eyes widened in horror as they realized how bad this could get (to an extent). "The apples! I got a warn my family" Before Apple Bloom could rush off, Midnight forced open the door with Pinkie behind her with an assortment of (seemingly) random instruments.

After catching her breath Midnight noticed the group in front of her "Girls. How much do you know?" After they told her what Spectrum had explained she continued " Okay Apple Bloom. Make sure none of those things are near the orchard and let your family know what's up." She shot off back home to sound the alarm "The rest of you, follow us. If all goes well, we should be able to drive these things back into the forest and back on their way before the town's food stores go belly up."

It took a few hours to find all the Parasprites. Still, with Pinkie's one mare band and Midnight's horror stories about the damage the Parasprites could do, they managed to get all of them back into the forest before the town got too messed up. From there, they could all go home happy.

Author's Note:

Next time the CMC grow from 4 to 6. What is wrong with me!