• Published 12th Jul 2016
  • 1,418 Views, 62 Comments

My Big Sister Lightning Dust - BronySis



With a little filly like Scootaloo, she needs some pony to take care of her, a big sister, a big sister like Lightning Dust.

  • ...
2
 62
 1,418

Side Story:Lightning Flashes

"Hey mom!" A excited filly burst through the door yelling at the top of her lungs. She was out of breath, due to the excitement of getting her cutie mark. The cutie mark is a lightning bolt and three stars, the stars are yellow, except the middle one which is a lighter yellow. The filly's wings buzzed with excitement, She looked around for her mother but only heard crying of her baby sister. Lighting ran quickly up the stairs, halfway up the stairs fell out below her. She started, screaming in fear, she flails like a fish out of water. She gives a large thud as she finally lands. She is in a odd place, the sky is a inking crimson red, while the clouds were jet black. This place was all to familiar. Lightning looked around pure panic in her face. Not again, not today, not this. She thought to herself, but at this point it is basically scripted. She looked over to her mother, and there she was same place as always.

"I'm sorry," Her mother, Firefly said just on cue. Lightning bolted to her mother as she slowly gets engulfed into a white blob of what looks like slime. She is almost there she can save her mom this time. With a large smack Lightning grabbed her mothers hoofs, mostly because that is all left to grab. Yet the slime kept pulling Firefly and now Lightning Dust into it. Lightning started to sob. At this point the mutated slime started to grab onto Lightning she only then noticed she was older, about twenty or give or take a year. She started to speak.

"I, I'm sorry." She mumbled. "Mom, I was there I couldn't save you. I'm sorry." Tears kept streaming down the mares face. The blob was engulfing her arms that held her mothers so dear. "The worst part is I want to let go." Lightning chuckled a little. "I want to let you go and move on, I really do but I can't. I want to fight for you, a unwinnable battle, sure. But I won't be a quitter, I will fight for you. So at the least you can be proud of me." The slime started to consume the rest of her, at this point she couldn't get out. "I tried, I tried to help. I tried to do it alone but I can't . I will do everything I can to carry your legacy." What was that legacy, you may ask? Firefly was great, great grand daughter of the original Firefly. This Firefly was a Wonderbolts coach. "Please, let me let go of you."

A scream comes from a hotel room in Canterlot. It comes from Lightning Dust. She quickly looks around. Its just her hotel room, no nightmares here. Lightning laid back down and started to cry a little bit.

"I can't let go," Lightning Dust mumbled to herself as she went back to sleep.

Comments ( 19 )

Sometimes you have to forge your own path in life.

MJP

you do realize that lightning dust is nothign more than a conflict character

7682193 can you please clarify?

MJP

7682352 well, all she does is destry property with no real reason, all she does is make RD look like a hipocrate

7682354 Thanks for the critique, I will try to fix it for the future.

MJP

7682367 hey, i just don't like lighnening dust

gilda was one thing, she must be something of importance to be friends with the element of loyalty for much of their childhood, but lighning dust was just a conflict character, all she did was made the wonderbolts look like oblivious idiots,

and making her buddies with scotaloo makes no sense, as if RD wasn't a bad enough of an influence on Scoots

7682376 I see your point, however I would like to point out that yes she did make the Wonderbolts look less than respectable, but the point of a fiction is to expand a character to be more than a conflict character. And to be fair there are some moments when Rainbow is a good role model such as Flight to The Finish. And the point of Scootaloo being a sister of Lightning is to make a good story.

MJP

7683266 well I admit

I do the same thing with makings unhurt and Gilda a couple in EG, I like to make an interesting story,

7683323 As do I, a interesting story is always fun to write. Which is why I chose this character, Lightning Dust. She is such a unknown character. We don't know a single thing about her so she is a good character to write about.

MJP

7683432 yeah, a lot of my shipping goes against fannon, but let's be honest SunLight has been done to death, Sweetie pMash stemmed from 20secomds in a fan animation, and RariJack is an abusive relationship waiting to happen

7683453 I dont mean to offend you but I have to ask. Because you don't like a character in the show, so any fan-fiction about the character will be bad?

MJP

7688255 well I'm less inclined to like it or read it

7688350 Well how much worse can a character get? It wouldn't hurt to give it a try

MJP

7688455 well just because something. Is highly rated doesn't make it a good story there may be some high-rated stories but that doesn't mean that it isn't a played-out romance fic or troll fic, some people give a like on a story just because it was well-formatted or starred a character the like


No offense

Dang it you beat me to the punch. I was working on a story similar to this one involving Lightning Dust and Scootaloo.

7762789 Sorry, :twilightsheepish: You can probably still write it. Besides you can probably write a better version than me

7762789 You should sent me a link if you do do it

Eh, I'm not much of a writer anyway. Better a professional than me. I have many other ideas anyway.

7763233 Thanks let me know, I would be glad to help if you feel you need it.

Login or register to comment