• Published 22nd Jun 2016
  • 588 Views, 3 Comments

A very "Discorded" Night - flutterdashXD



Discord goes to Twilight's slumber party, uninvited. You can only guess what happens next.

  • ...
3
 3
 588

Pillow Fight

It was a Friday afternoon in a little cottage in a town called Ponyville, and Fluttershy's weekly tea parties with Discord was cut short.

"I'm sorry Discord, but I'm already late for Twilight's slumber party. we will have to finish our conversation next week" Fluttershy said firmly as picked up her green tote bag, and started out the door.

"Fluttershy, can I come too?" Discord asked, giving her puppy dog eyes.

"Um... I'm sure Twilight won't mind too much if you come along too. I... um guess" Fluttershy said.

"Oh thank you Fluttershy!" Discord said enthusiastically as he poofed up a suitcase. "Shall we go my dear?"he asked Fluttershy.

"Umm... Yes, lets."


A few minutes later, there came a knock on the door of a giant crystal tree-castle.

"Come in Fluttershy," Twilight said. "We've been waiting for you" Fluttershy and Discord walked through the door. The two walked through the door to a room with a big crystal table and 7 crystal thrones. Each one had a symbol that represented one of the main 6's cutie marks. All except for a small chair where Spike was sitting in that was connected with Twilights. Next to each chair there was a rolled up sleeping bag and a tote bag. As the two walked in everyone looked up and as each of them saw Discord, a look of both awkwardness and confusion spread upon their faces. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Twilight was the first one to speak.

"Hi Fluttershy!" she said in an awkward, Twilightish tone. "Why didn't you tell me that you invited Discord for our annual yearly slumber party?" she asked.

"Yeah, why is he here," Rainbow said accusingly, pointing a hoof at Discord.

"Well, I was having tea with Fluttershy when Fluttershy told me that little miss alicorn princess over there was having a slumber party at her new castle. So I begged her to invite me to the slumber party too and she let me come with her. And here I am." Discord said while using his magic to dramatically act it out.

"So Fluttershy, you just invite Discord to this here slumber party of Twilight's just 'cause he begged you and all that. Right?" asked Apple Jack. "Well, that and because I thought it would be a great bonding experience. Since you guys hardly see Discord at all and I see him at least three times a week." Fluttershy said.

"Well, darling, you do make a good point. We do hardly see Discord" Rarity said."And a 3-day slumber party would be an amazing bonding experience." Twilight said thoughtfully.

"Well okay, he can stay," Twilight said reluctantly. Discord and Fluttershy cheered, and Pinkie took out her party cannon and screamed"LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Right before the party cannon blasted off into the air.

"But first, we need some space. Let's go into the living room, where there's more space first." Twilight said as the rest of the guests walked out of the room with their things.


When Twilight walked in each of her friends had rolled out their sleeping bags and was waiting patiently for what to do next. Twilight just took out her sleeping bag and rolled it out between Spike and Fluttershy. On the other side of Fluttershy was Discord, Pinkie was next to Discord, Rarity was next to Pinkie, and Rainbow was next to Rarity and on the other side of Apple Jack was Spike. Dash was the first to speak

" So what are we going to do now?" she asked.

"Well lucky for you, I made a check-list." Twilight stated right before she levitated a really long piece of parchment."First on the list is.....pillow fights!" she said excitedly, levitating about 20 pillows into a pile in the middle of the room. "Rainbow and AJ, your team captains. Are you ready?" Twilight asked with an excited look on her face.

"AJ, you pick first," Rainbow said.

"Um, okay, um Ah' pick Spike,Your" Apple Jack said.

"All right, I'm on Aj's teYou're going down Rainbow!" Spike said excitedly.

" Well don't count on it." Rainbow Dash answered." I choose Pinkie Pie" Rainbow said with a smirk.

" Yay! I'm on Dashie's team!" Pinkie Pie said while she blasted her party cannon.

"Ah' choose Discord." Apple Jack said.

"If you say so Apple Jack, but I don't think tat will be enough pillows," Discord said.

"Discord, what are you doi-" Twilight started as Discord snapped his fingers as a mountain of pillows with all kinds of different chaotic patterns appeared.

"There, much better," Discord said.

"Discord!" Twilight started when Fluttershy said

"Discord, umm... thank you for your help, but that's enough pillows,"  right before Discord was about to poof more pillows.

"Fine. Anything for you Fluttershy." Discord said while Fluttershy blushed a bit.

"Well, Rainbow ho do you pick?" Apple Jack asked.

" Um. I pick Egghead, um I mean Twilight" Dash said as Twilight glared at her while the rest of them were smirking.

" Ah' pick Rarity." AJ said. Rarity walked over t AJ's side

"So that means that Fluttershy, your n my team." Rainbow Dash said.

"Yay," Fluttershy said enthusiastically.

"So is everybody ready?" Twilight asked.

"Ready!" everyone said enthusiastically.

"SSo let the battle, BEGIN!" Twilight screamed as pillows flew everywhere. there were so many pillows, and feathers, and giggles, that no pony (or draconequus for that matter) could tell who hit who, or who won for that matter.

Wait a minute!

Wait! Pinkie, why is nothing moving, and you can hear what I say!?

Well f course I can hear you! I'm Pinkie Pie! I can break the fourth wall, remember. Anyways, I can tell you what happened.

That would be great Pinkie!

So.. AJkickedabunchofpillowsatDashiewhichmadeherthrowalotofpillowsatSpikebutAJstopedthemrightbeforehegothitandthenTwilightthrewsomeatDiscord,whileIblastedsomeoutwithmypartycannonandFluttershyjustdogedthepillowsandshegothitafewtimes,andnowthatIthinkaboutitSpikenevergothitonce,sointheendIthinkAJ'steamwins!!!!!!!!

Pinkie your going to fast I can't understand you. Um.. Pinkie? Well,.... what Pinkie said, so after a few hours of pillow battling everyone decided it was a draw, and went to go clean up.

"That was fun," Twilight said as she got out a broom.

"Allow me to clean this up," Discord said and with a snap of his fingers, the room was cleaned up at once.

"Thank you Discord," Twilight said."next on the checklist is...Truth or Dare" Twilight said.

Author's Note:

Well this is my first story so I would like some constructive criticism, and I know It's not that good, but I'm working on it. thank you for reading and I hope you liked it.:raritywink:

Comments ( 3 )

I'm not sure I should be the one who offers constructive advice, as I am not particularly well-known (or even 'known') round these parts, but ...

To start, I would always double-check for grammar errors and the like before posting. Those who come across so many mistakes early may not stick around for the finish.

More attention to detail, I think, would help too. Some parts read like a stream of consciousness. Sometimes hard to follow everything going on.

When I read a Fic, I try to envision it as an unseen episode (possibly airing after 10pm) and follow along in my mind. Really good Fics make that task easy. Not-so-good Fic make the task difficult.

I read the phrase Discord said while using his magic to dramatically act it out, and it's hard to visualize. Too much left for the imagination, I guess. A bit vague.

I also try to avoid having different characters speak in the same paragraph, though that might be personal preference. (I admit that I have an easier time with 'script' formatting, which of course is not allowed on this particular site.)

(And Discord actually offering to clean up? That was more trippy than the whole thing with Pinkie Pie.)

Have you read the writing guide here? http://www.fimfiction.net/writing-guide

(I admit that I have not done so. Probably should, at some point.)

That guide might offer insight as to how to further your pony-fic writing aspirations.

Well, those are my two bits. Certainly hope you continue writing.

7329251
Thanks, I'll try to be more descriptive in the next chapter.

Here is a advice! :ajsmug:

Planning is a necessary thing for a multi chapter story.

After all! You need to know exactly what scenes I'll be writing, what order they'll be in, and how the plot will flow from beginning to end, or otherwise, the story may just end up abandon halfway. Trust me! I'm done many stories that I abandon halfway, so for experiences, I can tell you that. If you planning to have a story with multi chapters. You need to have an idea what order they'll be in, and how the plot will flow from beginning to end, or otherwise, you may abandoned your story halfway.

Anyway! That's my advice, and I hope you continue with this story. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment