• Published 3rd Jun 2016
  • 346 Views, 2 Comments

Battle of Gods - EmperorDalek



On a planet far away, a battle of three great entities will determine the fate of a planet bound conflict. Who will emerge victorious? Which side will survive, while the other perishes?

  • ...
 2
 346

Chapter 6

Smirking, he went down. Taking a knee. He lowered his head, bowing it in respect.

Moving a hand up, he touched it against the top of his knee. He lifted his head, staring it out in front of him.

‘’This is the end-...’’ His head turned, looking around. From the distance, dark clouds started moving in over the mountain peaks. ‘’My old friend.’’

Lightning started to be discharged, it shooting down from the sky. Impacting the ground with tremendous force.

Standing himself back up, he held his hands down beside his body in tightened fists. His fingers touched against each other so badly that they made his palm bleed. The blood dripping down until it landed on the ground, dissolving away into nothing.

The screams, cries for help, and the burning buildings could be heard for miles.

Smirking, he looked up into the sky.

With a gentle push of his leg, he lifted up off the ground, ascending up into the air.

Lowering his head, he looked back down towards the desolated ground underneath him.

Raising an arm, he pointed a finger up. Above his finger, a sizzling ball of energy formed. With each passing moment, the ball grew in size, growing fiercer and more intense.

Soon he was nothing but a darkened silhouette amongst a form of intense energy, half the size of the sun, itself.

Chuckling to himself, his eyes stared down towards the ground below him with a madness in them.

‘’Stop it!’’ A voice suddenly shouted in his direction.

‘’Huh?’’ He reacted at hearing it.

Turning his head, he looked down towards the mountains, seeing a figure standing at the uttermost top of one of the surrounding peaks.

He raised his brow at seeing the beat-up figure, examining it, as he did seem very recognizable; The spiky black hair, the destroyed armor, and leggings, and the scar across the left cheek. His left arm was wounded, and out of commission, and just judging from the injuries inflicted upon him, he would probably be too weak to challenge him anyway.

Rolling his eyes, he looked away from the challenger, focusing his energy into his planet-destroying ball of energy.

‘’Hey! Don’t. Ig-nore! ME!’’ He shouted, and with a mighty swing of his arm, threw a concentrated ball of energy up towards him.

‘’Hm-? ‘’

*Ka-Boom!*

An explosion erupted upon having the energy hit against him, consuming in fire and smoke.

‘’Hm.’’ He grumbled, lowering his hand down, letting it hang down beside him.

With a leap, his boots touched against the rocky surface, and started to slide down.

Upon reaching the bottom, he jumped up, landing back down on the ground.

He raised his head, looking back up into the sky.

After the smoke cleared, and the fire settled, it peeled away to reveal the slightly bruised form of the cloaked individual, though his cloak had been torn from the attack.

Still with his finger raised, he now glared back down at his attacker with an angry glare in his eyes.

‘’As much as it pains me to say it, that actually did hurt.’’

His attacker smirked happy at hearing this, which only made him frown even more.

Slowly, he started to descend down towards him. However, before descending, he did a motion with his finger, which made the energy ball stay in place.

His attacker’s eyes widened in shock as he noticed that, being a little amazed that he could do something like that.

Seeing that being so close to something that intense, he phased out and then back in again, appearing a small distance back away from him.

Seeing that he did this, only made him smirk in retaliation.

‘Idiot!’

Touching down against the surface, his feet were planted firmly on the ground. His head raised, he glared back at the one who boldly dared to attack him.

His head was raised, looking back up towards the still ball of crackling intensity.

‘’H-how did you-‘’

‘’How did I make I remain in place?’’ He interrupted. Lowering his head, he looked back down, meeting his gaze.

‘’Yes.’’ He nodded back.

Crossing his arms over his chest, he shook his head.

‘’I am no fool. I would not reveal the ‘’how’’, only the ‘’why’’ to a simpleton such as yourself.’’

‘’Okay then, why are you doing th-‘’

‘’Hah! Got ya!’’ He suddenly shouted, swinging his arms out. ‘’I am not going to say that either! Ha ha ha ha ha!’’ Leaning forward, he slapped his knee as he continued to laugh it out towards his attacker.

‘’Huh?’’ He reacted. Crossing his eyes, he cast a frowning glare back towards him. He growled through gritted teeth back at him.

Frowning, he crossed his own arms across his chest.

‘’Yeah, whatever-…’’ He said interrupting the wild laughter, drawing his attention back towards him.

‘’Who are you, and what are you doing here?’’ He raised a suspicious brow while looking at him.

‘’Really? You are going to ask me that? How many times do you ask that on a regular basis.’’

Raising a brow, he shot him a dumbfounded look.

‘’Uh…Once, now.’’ He raised a brow, letting his arm drop down beside him.

This time it was his turn to shift to a dumbfounded facial expression.

Both males looked back at each other, meeting the others’ silent gaze. This uneasy silence between both of them lasted.

Around his torso, a tail unwrapped itself, suspending itself freely in the air.

He pulled his hand back. A faint form of energy seemingly appearing in it, and beginning to gather strength.

With a gentle stumble forward, he gained a victorious smirk on his face.

‘Perfect! He is already quite weak, barely a worthwhile challenge…But still, why not give this rude simpleton the feeling of ultimate terror one final time, and use just enough energy it takes to destroy an Udun?’

Holding out both arms to his sides, he started to dig deep for the necessary power needed dispose of this filth.

His mouth dropped, and a loud strained scream sounded. The loud volume voice echoed all around him.

Close by, near one of the desolated mountains, several stones fell. The rocks hit the ground-…

From behind a rocky surface, a head emerged from behind the side. A pair of eyes looked out, gazing down towards the desolated fields below.

Ducking back down, it disappeared behind the rocks.

(The moments after the rocks hit the ground)

Suddenly, from the other side of the edge two loud voices screamed out towards each other, as a giant explosion of light erupted, followed by an intense shockwave that was blown across the surface of the mountainside where the figure had peeked.

‘’Stay here.’’ A male voice spoke, as it leaned down, its hands grabbing both sides of another, gravely injured figure whom held its head low.

Groaning, as it strained to raise its head back up to look back into his face. However, before it could get far enough to complete that simple task, it heard his voice speak to her.

‘’Calm down, you are still too weak to move much. You have to relax…Calm down.’’ He said, trying his best to prevent her from moving too much.

‘’N-gh-no! G-got to-‘’ her head fell down, hanging down, as she finally lost consciousness.

Standing back up, he gave her a final look-

Before it moved away from the female form before him, and instead directed it back towards the scene that was taking place on the fields below.

All around him, terrible windstorms raged with all wild intensity, random dispersals of lightning, and the wild intensity of the seas that now covered all of the former landmass that used to be Equestria.

Remnants of the old skyscrapers continued to wash down along the oceans, dragging them to different parts of the world.

Taking several steps, he rose up above the edge of the rocks, and looked down towards the plains. Greeting him was a violent flurry of light and colors, red and blue.

Up in the sky, a powerful beam of intense red energy shot down from the sky. Shooting upwards, from down on the ground, a bright cyan beam was being fired towards it, equaling in the power amount that was being retaliated with.

Both opponents groaned, though the one who was firing his beam while in-flight was much louder than the one who was grounded.

Underneath them, in the skin of the earth, a giant circular crater was ripped wide open, it’s size being increased every second as the intense struggle between the two beams unleashed all of their full power against the other.

The air pressure underneath the struggling beams grew alongside the crater. The unnoticed observes having to raise a hand up and hold it in front of his face as things continued to spiral out of control.

Pouring sweat, he pointed his hand even harder downwards, increasing the power usage he was already pouring into this one attack.

Groaning through gritted teeth, he now realized that this was turning out to not be as easy as he had originally expected it to be.

The ground cracked, splitting right open, forming deep crevices, which swallowed up some of the debris of the ruined city.

With his only un-injured arm, he could feel his energy reaching its end.

With a now reduced resistance, the air-borne attacker’s beam started pushing the grounded ones’ beam back. Gradually forcing it further and further back.

His skin was beginning to crack, out through his wounds green bursts of light started emerging. He could feel his boots sinking down into the ground. He would not last for much longer.

The lightning strikes around them struck all around at their surroundings, hitting mountains, causing their points of impact to explode, and scatter the rocks in many various directions. Hitting the ground, it erupted, scattering rocks and other remnants of the once flat ground.

‘Oh no, this is not good! I-I’ve got to do something!’ He began to panic, watching as the beam was a quarter of the way to reaching the attacker on the ground.

‘I-I-I’ve got to do something! I have to-…’ Raising his head, he lowered it, looking down towards the one only using one arm. He closed his mouth, looking towards him.

‘’I must do this. It is the only way to prevent everything being taken away.’’

Smirking, as he could no longer see his crippled opponent, he knew that he had already won.

‘Time to die, worm!’ He shouted in his mind.

Raising his hand, he pointed it down.

‘’SEE YOU IN HELL!!!!!’’ He screamed as he boosted the intensity of the energy being outputted into his beam.

The beam exploded with energy, thickening it’s girth, shooting downwards, forcing the other, now weaker beam further back by every second.

‘’Kaio Ken x20!’’

His hand started to glow. Down on the plains, the one-armed attacker was surrounded by the same aura, but without him being aware of it at all, he was still just so focused on pouring every last ounce of energy into this beam.

Suddenly, and rather unexpectedly, his cocky smirk contorted into a confused frown.

‘Hang on now, what is happening? Why isn’t my beam hitting him? He should have been gone by now!’

His eyes widened, growing rounder in astonishment, and even in fear.

‘’WHAT!?’’ He screamed out loudly.

‘’Huh!?’’ He reacted, equally just as confused at the sight of what was taking place right in front of his very own eyes.

To both of their great astonishment, the one-armed one’s beam was actually getting thicker than the others’ were, and was pushing back towards his opponent.

The one in the air, had been caught too much off-guard by this sudden turn of events that his attention and focus was being too much spent on his confusion that he was not able to instead be focusing on spending his energy to defend against this new onslaught of energy coming towards him.

‘’WHAT? NOOOOOOO!!!!’’

With a loud scream as his own beam and the one-armed one’s beam enveloped him, he was forced back, forcing him up into the air.

The sheer intensity of the amount of power being unleashed against him, was causing so much havoc on him at this point that he failed to notice he original ball of concentrated energy that had been left behind.

Feeling unbearable pain in his back, as his own energy sphere came into contact with him, the last of his energy was drained, merely ensuring his own survival at this point was requiring so much of his energy, which would have been reserved for fighting against this little…this little…weakling!

Both the energy sphere, and the combined beam from the one-armed attacker, shot the air-borne attacker up into space…

However, for a single second, a figure suddenly appeared in front of the energy sphere. Extending both of his hands, he held them in front of him.

With a massive shockwave shooting outwards from the impact, he caught the energy ball with his hands.

‘’There…J-just one-…M-more s-stop!’’ He groaned as he struggled with the ball of energy at this point if he did not hurry and do what he was intending.

In a single second, he, the energy ball, and the attacker phased away.

When they phased back into existence, he looked out in front of him, seeing the place he teleported off to, a giant red planet with a large series of explosions erupting all over it, and a giant stretch of ocean, there being a massive black streak that was moving in towards the desolated landscape.

With a powerful buildup of energy in his hand, he released it all, sending the giant sphere flying forward, heading down towards the surface.

His body started to relax, seeing that he had come to realize his fate was sealed.

He had spent all of his energy in that one teleport that brought both of them there. He would die here, with no chance of escaping it.

Back at the front of the speeding ball of energy, the airborne attacker could no longer feeling the scorching touch of the one-armed attacker’s energy blast, but the pain his own energy sphere was bringing upon his back was unbearable. He had to use so much of his own reserve energy keeping himself alive at this point.

Through gritted teeth, he groaned in pain. His front bloodied and bruised from the frontal assault that had been unleashed against him.

Weakly opening his eyes, he looked out in front of him. However, the sight that greeted him was the rapidly-approaching surface of the large oceans.

His eyes widened in horror as he saw this.

‘’N-gh-NOOOOOOOo!!!!’’ He screamed out, experiencing for the first time the terrible sensation of fear.

Down on the surface of the planet, it was absolute chaos, large Cruisers, fleets of Starfighters, Heavy Artillery, and other Heavy Weapon Vehicles. Legions of armored figures stormed around on the battlefield, firing blaster bolts towards the other, explosions erupted from both sides, both on the ground and when the vehicles were hit by enemy fire.

‘’Everyone, CHARGE!’’ A Captain shouted, pointing his hoof towards the opposing legions that charged towards them. With a swing of his arm, he pointed a flaming sword back towards the opposing enemy forces before them, as both he and his forces screamed out loud war cries as they charged down along the fields.

Flying down from the skies above, Transport ship’s engines hummed as they headed down towards the rear of their already advancing forces, providing a constant push for their forces.

Down on the ground, anti-aircraft cannons were firing up towards the Transports. However, unlike Heavy Transports that brought with them large amounts of troops, these ships were much smaller, and a lot more maneuverable, thus making it almost impossible for their guns to hit them.

All around the Transports, explosions raged, inside these smaller ships, the troops experienced rough shaking of the ship as a barrage of explosions were unleashed into the air.

‘’We will never have any better chance than now! Either we destroy them this day, or everything that we know and love will be gone. Either we kill them on this day, or they destroy us, our families, and everything else in the universe will experience their true cruelty!’’

Not uttering a word, the combat-ready troops looked silently towards their Captain.

‘’We are entering the combat zone! Stand at the ready!’’

Feeling a rather rough touchdown, the troops had to wait a whole five seconds before the light changed from red to green, and the ramp in front of them lowered, moving down, giving them the all-clear to begin joining in the battle.

Charging down the ramp, they hurried towards the location where their advancing army to join in the fight.

At the front lines, six-legged, four-legged, and two-legged war machines were already making their advance forward, every gun, turret, and means of firing back against their aggressors were unleased in full force against the opposing army…

However, for the moment, both seemed to be almost evenly matched, but the constant reinforcements being provided was happening at such a rate that there was nothing that could be done fast enough to counter it, and with the gradual progression, they were being forced further and further back.

Up in the skies above, giant triangular shaped ships were in a straight line, while there were raging Dogfights all around them.

Heavy Bombers were targeting the Heavy Capital Ships, while the standard Starfighters protected them, or were engaged in combat with other opposing pilots.

On the Bridge of one of the Destroyers, an Officer approached the Admiral. The Admiral was looking out the view screen, bearing witness to the aerial battle, but turned his back on that when he heard the Officer approach him.

‘’Report.’’ He ordered in a stern tone of voice.

‘’Admiral, the Scanners are reporting an object of unbelievable power is approaching from space.’’

The Admiral’s eyes widened in surprise, and he lost his calm demeanor.

‘’What is its estimated landing site?’’

‘’It has not a landing site, but an impact point.’’

‘’Well…What is the impact site?’’

Her mouth hung open, about to speak, when something from behind him, seemed to draw her attention instead.

Noticing her attention having been diverted away from him, he performed a quick turn of his body, and looked back out the view screen again, but this time, his eyes had a bright light fall upon them, almost blinding him for a second, forcing him to raise his hoof up to cover his eyes.

‘’What the-‘’

On the Bridge of a Heavy Bomber Transport Cruiser, the Captain’s attention was no longer held on his primary target, and was instead looking back up at the sky, noticing a giant blue light emerging from the sky. It was getting closer and closer by the second.

Down on the ground, one of the soldiers who was part of the constant-reinforcements, as well as several others, all noticed the approaching sphere of energy. Being mesmerized by it, they all stopped fighting, just looking up at it.

On the Bridge of one of the enemy cruisers, an Officer came running up towards the Cruisers Captain.

All around them, the Bridge shook, having sparks flying out of the walls, and the floors had been torn up.

‘’Captain!’’ She screamed as she rounded the corner, hurrying the last distance towards him.

He turned to face her, seeing only the fear in her eyes as she came to a stop in front of him.

‘’Report!’’ He said with an urgent tone.

‘’A large object has-‘’ an explosion occurred, shaking the Bridge.

‘’A large object has been spotted coming down from the skies. We estimate that it will hit us in fifty seconds.’’

The Captain’s face contorted from an already frustrated look into a terrified one.

‘’Well, what are you waiting for!? Fire everything we have got towards this energy sphere!’’

‘’I regret to have to inform you, sir, that we cannot. All our primary Heavy-Class Weaponry is being focused on repelling the Counter-Assault against us.’’

‘’So…There is nothing we can do to defend against either?’’

‘’Regrettably, it would seem so, sir.’’

Turning her head, she noticed that a brightness was beginning to shine into the Bridge through the view screen glass. It continued to get brighter and brighter, the Bridge shook, having wild streams of sparks shoot out of the exposed walls, the glass shattered, and scattering to the wind.

On the battlefield, several of the troops, having finally noticed the giant ball of concentrated energy, watched as it finally came into view that everyone could see it. Some stopped fighting, and were instead mesmerized by it, even some of the enemy soldiers stopped fighting to turn around to see it.

With powerful speed, the sphere shot down into the middle of the Equestrian fleet, piercing the Command Ship’s hull, disintegrating it in a matter of seconds, and still proceeding down deeper into its deeper inner workings.

Loud explosions sounded as it carved itself down further into the massive Cruiser.

With a turn, the Equestrians looked back, staring back towards their off-shore fleet, but what those that dared to look saw was the discouraging sight of the heart of their fleet being destroyed by an unseen ball of energy.

Cutting through steel, Starfighters, Mobile Artillery vehicles, and the onboard crew, the sphere left nothing but a scorched and burnt hole in the middle of the immense Command ship.

Underneath, the sphere penetrates through the bottom surface, continuing further down. Explosions begin erupting from the scorched circle, spreading further to other vital parts of the ship, taking it even more down than it already had.

Unbeknownst to anyone, the energy sphere had shot down into the water, disappearing beneath the waves. The only signs of its continuing existence being the light emanating from it, but even that subsided as it pierced the earth, creating a violent earthquake, as it dug deep into the ground.

A bright explosion of light and fire suddenly erupted from the water. While many now had their attention drawn towards the bright light, they were unable to do anything about it.

A shockwave erupted from the impact point where the ball entered into the water, a large trail of smoke following behind it. The ground shook more and more violently, creating tears and rips in the fabric of the earth.

Through the cracks, flames started to emerge, growing fiercer and more intense with each passing moment.

All across the planet, still-contested battlefields, liberated and enslaved cities, and cities that had yet to be conquered, all experienced equally just as bad tremors. Many cities, as a result of the violent shaking, started to collapse, many of the skyscrapers and structures collapsing from their foundations being shook much too violently, or from the ground cracking, opening up to reveal deep flaming chasms.

Mountains crumbled, forests were reduced to nothing but scorched plains, and the oceans dissolved into nothing.

The flaming and separating earth swallowed up the Central Citadel, itself.

Back at the point where ball of energy had penetrated the earth to reach the core, another explosion erupted, even more violent than the first.

The ground erupted, towers of fire penetrating the ground, then expanding, transforming into massive forms of flams.

High in orbit, from space, his motionless relaxed body, watched as the planet continued to be destroyed. Any minute now, it would explode.

Giving a soft chuckle, as he watched the planet continue to crumble in a raging inferno on the planet’s surface.

‘’Well…At least I gave it my all.’’ He said uttering a slight smile.

*Bzzzt!*

Suddenly, he felt something grab hold of him. With a frantic motion, he turned his head, trying to see who or what it was that had touched him.

*Bzzzt!*

However, before he could, they disappeared away.

*KAAA-BOOOMM!*

With a tremendous explosion of violent light, the planet disappeared in a frenzy of fiery eruptions that left every single spot on the surface uninhabitable to anyone.

With a single explosion, everything once firm and consistent was now left reduced to a large collection of lifeless rocks and debris in the middle of space.

*Bzzzt!*

When they re-appeared again, he instantly fell forward, but before hitting the ground, he was suddenly caught by someone, who helped him support himself, standing him up.

Raising his head, he looked up at the figure, seeing the figure’s face, which bore a smile upon his face that greeted him.

‘’Easy, easy. You’re still quite weak from all that energy you gave me.’’ The one who saved him said.

His eyes widened in surprise at hearing this.

‘’Y-you knew I was there?’’ He nodded back.

‘’B-but I thought I…disguised my energy.’’

‘’Well, not quite. I could tell you were close-by, but if I had shown it, he would have destroyed us both. It was my rouse that lead to his eventual destruction.’’

Giving a faint chuckle, he smiled.

Putting his arm around his shoulder, they both started to levitate up into the air, floating through it.

‘’Come on now, I’ve got to find you someplace where you can rest.’’

After flying around for a little while, but not finding any suitable caves, they just landed on a mountainside. With several energy blasts, he created a safe enough cave for him to rest in.

Helping him inside, he lay him down against a rock to rest.

Stroking his head across his forehead.

He turned, and was about to leave, but stopped in his tracks when he heard his voice speaking to him.

‘’P-promise me you a-…are going to be back.’’

His head turned slightly, looking his eye back at him, but when he saw him, he had fallen asleep right there and then, his chest raising and heaving indicating he was still alive, just resting. The battle having taken a lot out of him.

Smiling, he turned, looking out the cave entrance.

‘’I promise, brother.’’

With a leap, he jumped up into the air and started to hover. He turned, and flew back towards the battlefield where they had fought.

‘’But I have one last thing I need to do first before anything else takes priority.’’

On the other side of the mountains, nothing but wild wind, terrible waves, and relentlessly striking discharges of lightning flew across the sky.

‘’This world is far too badly damaged to recover on its own…But no one says that I cannot lend a helping hand.’’

He smiled raising two fingers to his forehead.

*Bzzzt!*

He then vanished away, disappearing from sight.

-

Back at the battlefield, a lone individual raised her head, looking first in front of her, then to the sides/s, before letting it drop hang down.

A searchlight, scanning along the surface of the rock surroundings seemed to be searching for someone, or something.

While passing over an empty mountainside, it passed over her, and was about to continue onwards, if not for it doing a double take, and moving back, settling on her.

With a gentle landing, the object whom the beam of light belonged to landed on the ground. Several doors opened, and multiple armored figures emerged from the craft.

Four of them carried Electro staffs, while the others were armed with Blaster Riffles.

Approaching the motionless Mare, they first looked, staring for several seconds, before eventually surrounding her.

A floating stretcher was brought out, and her injured body was lifted up into it, and brought onboard the ship. Its doors closed, and with a hum of its engines, took off and started to fly away from this terrible place.

As the ship flew over the oceans, the waters had calmed, the dark clouds were parting away, and beams of sunlight was making its way down, shining its warm rays down upon the world below the clouds.

Before long, the ship arrived at Cloudsdale, and the ship touched down on a nearby landing platform.

A group of several Elite Royal Guards were, there ready to greet them. They were silent as they escorted the injured Princess inside the medical building for treatment.

After an extensive surgical operation, she was left by herself to sleep in a bed, the only Ponies in her proximity being the Royal Guards outside her room, and on multiple occasions, her older sister, the Sun Princess, herself.

By now, news of their great defeat and victory had reached the ears of the two Princesses, and while they mourned the deaths of so many of their own, she saw it as a worthwhile sacrifice in defeating such a terrible threat, while her sister did not approve.

For the next weeks, Celestia saw little to nothing of her sister. Having isolated herself in her room for the remainder of this year.

She spent most of her days sitting on the balcony, staring out in horizon, lost in her thoughts.

When the time came to begin the restoration of their world, she forgot her thoughts, and instead turned her attention towards assisting in the rebuilding of their ravaged home.

In the following years after everything had been restored, the weather returning too normal, and the Pegasus Ponies controlling it as they did before, the water withdrew, being brought back down to the height it had possessed before this catastrophic almost-apocalyptic event occurred.

Under the watchful eyes of Princess Celestia and Luna, the world was tamed once more.

One of an endless buffet of wars was over, and now…there was peace, at last.

Author's Note:

I have nothing to say, i think the failure of posting the wrong chapter is funny enough to go out with, wouldn't you agree?:twilightsheepish:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment