• Published 3rd Jun 2016
  • 346 Views, 2 Comments

Battle of Gods - EmperorDalek



On a planet far away, a battle of three great entities will determine the fate of a planet bound conflict. Who will emerge victorious? Which side will survive, while the other perishes?

  • ...
 2
 346

Chapter 5

Penetrating the mist, a powerful burst of light erupted all around, shining down on the water.

Finally dying down the quiet night silence was returned to how it had been just before it had happened...

Then, nothing.

Hovering through the air, a tiny figure with white purple skin, and a blue crystal in its chest, globes on its shoulders, and a strange globular streak that ran down the center of its head, ending at the back of its head. Stern, the figure’s expression was as it looked out towards the vast sight that lay before it, seeing land far away in the horizon, illuminated by light.

Quietly the figure descended towards the water. Its body hovering above the water, with its arms folded.

Extending out a hand, it pointed it towards the silent flat water. Slowly, the water to move, rising up into rough waves.

The water became rougher, wilder, like the times when the world was wild, and order was all but yet to be created.

Starting out as small, insignificant, powerless, the wave started to grow, the extent of how much raw power each wave was putting out growing in intensity.

Raising its hand, the wave grew taller. Measuring the same height as the tallest skyscrapers.

Extending the other free hand, and holding it out beside the other. Slowly both arms were separated from each other, the distance between one another becoming greater with every passing second. The tower of water grew bigger, extending into a giant wall. Consisting of perhaps a wall measuring in the thousands in terms of length.

He groaned as the wall started becoming too much for him to handle. His aura igniting to increase his power output, and allow him to finish the wall.

Far into the distance, beings from atop their towering structures observed something rising in the horizon. It could be made out clearly enough, but still none could identify what it was. However, they could tell that it was increasing in size, growing longer and longer.

Groaning through gritted teeth he had difficulty keeping the wall together, his aura beginning to flicker, and have trouble to stay continuous.

His groans transformed into loud yells, his aura growing stronger, more fierce as his rage seemed to be assisting him stay concentrated on what needed to be done.

Around him lightning were surrounding him, discharging at random around his form.

Because of his rage his power unleashing his might at full force, with almost no regard for his surroundings, the seas were raged, the underwater currents tore at the surfaces underneath the water, cracking them open as tremors shook the water-buried earth, and the skies above darkened, swirling as they darkened, rivaling the First Days in wild intensity.

Lighting shoot down from the sky, striking the water, and causing the water to explode, erupting upwards into giant water towers that lasted barely longer than a minute.

With a final loud yell from his mouth, he held out his hands, shooting them towards the wall of raging water, two shockwaves shot outwards from his palms, going for miles and miles until they reached the very end of the wall.

Using all his strength, he pushed the wall forward…

Slowly, it did start to move slowly at first, but its speed was building, increasing for every second, and soon it all was all sent hurdling forward towards the giant mass of land before it.

Going on along with their daily activates many of the inhabitants started getting worried when the water in their glasses started to shake, the ground creaking. Even the mighty skyscrapers shook, their very foundations being shaken to their core.

Many ventured outside their homes, curious to see just what in the world was happening. But once they stepped outsides their doors, they came face-to-face with what could only be labelled as true terror. Their hearts stopping and everything around them seemed to slow.

While they were high above sea level, the docks were only a quarter of the wall of death and destruction that was headed straight towards them.

Many panicked, trying to make a last desperate effort to run away. Those with flight and teleportation managed to elude it, as with devastating force the water finally came crashing down on them. The docks were shaken, their metal plating penetrated with minimal effort, the hulls being penetrated by wild streams of water that burst through the plating, flooding into the sections underneath the surface.

Down through tunnels, corridors, and causeways the water flooded, taking anyone it could find. Few managed to run, but were corned, unable to escape. When turning around, their last sights were the water that hurtled towards them.

Up above, the separating streams of water spilled into multiple of the streets. The skyscrapers that once stood as a stern defense against the first hammer strokes, were now trembling, shaking as their foundations became unmade. They cracked windows shattering. Some skyscrapers collapsed due to their lower sections being not strong to withstand having their foundations shook to such a degree, some split, their upper half losing all structural integrity, and collapsing down onto another building or skyscraper, destroying it. Shortly after, the few bits still standing eventually could not stand against the tide anymore, and collapsed. Being carried away by the water.

As they ran for safety many cried out in fear, terror, pleading for help before the water took them, carrying them off. Their dead forms drifting through the water.

From afar, the figure looked out towards the death and destruction that had been unleashed upon that world. Flame and smoke could be seen, though faint. The smoke disappeared into the night, becoming one with it.

While in the process of swinging his arm, a shadow appeared. The shadow was then turned into fabric, hanging down on both sides of his arm. With a motion of his arm, he put on the cloak, covering his head with the hood.

Far away, the raging waters were not merely content with the consumption of the Northern City. Bursting through the walls, the waters continued to traverse all that it came across. Large plains were consumed by water, and where small settlements and houses lay there was nothing left but faint markings in the skin of the earth of where the homes had previously stood.

In the span of five hours, the seemingly rebelling oceans had consumed a quarter of the landmass, claiming tens of thousands of victims in this terrible natural disaster…

And still, it continued onwards, claiming more.

After ten, it had taken half of Equestria’s landmass, subduing it in water.

From high up in the skies, in the non-modernized Sky City of Cloudsdale, from the nobles to the common Pegasus, they all bore witness to the terrible event happening down underneath them. Though faint, the cries for help were continuous, echoing for many hours. However, over time the cries, pleas, and calls for help died down until there was nothing left but the wild splashing of water.

With dreadful force, the water hit the mountain that housed Canterlot. The ancient Capital of the Equestrian Empire shook, cracks coursed through the skin of the stout city. Miraculously, it managed to survive the onslaught. However, half of it collapsed, splitting apart, and fell down into the water. Most of Canterlot population and many of its precious historical artifacts was lost with the half of the city that fell down into the water, carrying them off to other parts of the world, never to be seen again.

Many of the mountain ridges that had been around since this world was created long ago, now saw their demise, as when the waves came upon them, the impact was so powerful that it caused the mountains to crack, splitting open, and forming new mountain ridges. The old mountains had finally been lost.

When the raging oceans finally reached the Southern City, its intensity had been lost due to its speed having been compromised. Despite this, it still packed quite a powerful as it came upon the walls of the city. Pulling back, and returning with terrible pounding.

The citizens of the Southern City had received warnings, and thus were prepared to the natural assault towards them, due to the Pegasus having observed the everything that had happened when it reached them…

And while being sturdy enough to withstand for a small while, they were ultimately unable to stand against what they believed to be an act of nature.

The water brought down the walls, tearing large gaping holes in them, and allowing the water the entry into that defenseless city.

Once again, citizens flew in panic, fleeing from the sight of the overwhelming water coming towards them. Those with magic or wings managed to get themselves up to higher reaches, but those without were reluctantly left to drown as they were taken by the raging waters of their own world.

Once more, a once great city was claimed by the oceans. Its skyscrapers torn down by the sheer force of nature, itself. Crawling up through those destroyed buildings that still stood flames roared, burning their way through walls, floors and ceilings…

Now, none other than the Pegasus, and those few who could master self-levitation would escape the deadly flames that consumed what had once been their homes.

In the aftermath, Cloudsdale sent out aircraft to begin scouring the far reaches of their kin’s destroyed cities.

What they saw none dared to believe true.

Skyscrapers were collapsed on top of others, some managing to hold the collapsed ones up, while others saw evidence of being just weak enough to not manage that task. Flames littered the top of many of them, some seeing the beginning of large fires. They excavated those buildings first.

Many wounded, and injured Equines were retrieved from the ruined buildings. Many suffering unimaginable injuries, and some with physical damages so gruesome that it would go on to haunt many of the rescue crews even to this day. Children, adults, male and female, old and young, it was all too terrible to bear.

The rescued were brought back to Cloudsdale where they were given rest and medical care from the staff and the local inhabitants there.

One Colt that they brought back was especially interesting. He was very young, and he had been out with his parents when the wave struck the city. His parents told him to run, and to get to high ground as fast as possible.

He tried to get higher up, as instructed, but without magic or wings, he was not seeing much success in doing any of this.

Everywhere he turned waves were coming in, some taking other fleeing Equines, or just flooding the street he was trying to escape. Backing away, he began running in the opposite direction, but at this point, he believed his situation to be useless.

He ran and ran for as long as his body could manage, eventually reaching the Southern Wall. There was a flight of stairs that went up which he used to scale higher and higher up…

But the water had caught up with him. It rounded a corner, and came hurtling down the narrow point towards him

Shocked, and petrified by the approaching water, he could do nothing but just and watch as it got closer to him. Right before hitting him, he closed his eye, clinging to whatever he could find for dear life, but there was nothing there for him to grab onto.

With tremendous force the wave came crashing down, colliding with him.

He still he has no idea how he survived the onslaught of his home…

But when he awoke, he was drifting on a large piece of drifting metal. His left hoof and both of his hind legs were bleeding. A large piece of shrapnel having pierced his left leg.

The pain was unbearable, but as he reached for the shrapnel, adjusting his leg in the process, he felt an unbearable surge of pain course through his leg. He groaned in pain, tensing up, crying, as he had no idea why all of this had happened.

His head turned, looking around him, but all he could see was towering ruins and water. Bodies floated in the water, and none of them was moving.

‘’MOM! DAD!’’ He cried out, but all that responded was his own echo. The other sound to enter his ears were that of the howling wind, and the moving water.

While lying on his small float, a shadow suddenly fell upon him. He thought it odd, and opened his eye.

However, his other eye shot open when he saw what awaited him, his blank expression changing into a look of terror.

Up in the air, a figure hovered silently. It was bipedal, and had a reptilian tail emerging underneath a dark cloak. Its face was hidden, but that hardly mattered at this point, there was nothing he could do to it anyway.

Up above, the figure suddenly lowered its head. In response, he froze, his eyes closing shut, dropping his head, making his entire body still.

Opening his eye, a little, he noticed that it was no longer there. The black figure was no longer suspended in the air above him.

He was about to breathe a sigh of relief. However, just before doing that, his eyes spotted something amongst the ruins. His eyes widened, and his face was blank, his body fell down on the plate, hitting the shrapnel, and while painful, he knew that he would be dead if he was not quiet.

Floating in the air, as it hovered above the water, the figure’s tail hung down dangling above the water, its torn cloak almost grazing the surface of the now calm waters.

With its arms folded, tapping its finger against its shoulder, he looked out around him. His eyes were primarily drawing back towards the destroyed piece of shrapnel, which his eyes noticed carried something.

Raising a brow, he started to move forward, approaching the motionless form in front of him.

While laying still on the floating shrapnel, he cannot note but feel uneasy. It is too quiet, and while there are slight sounds of movement, he cannot brush off the thought that this is not from the wind around him.

Suddenly, his ears twitches as he hears movement nearby, and some water brush unevenly against the shrapnel, causing his body to shake a little.

All of a sudden, from the side of the floating shrapnel is shaken when a beam is fired, hitting the water, and causing it to erupt. Some of the water spilling onto him as he lays there. However, despite it all, he does not move from his spot.

He dares not to raise his head for fear of getting spotted, but that does that not stop him from opening his eye and looking right out.

‘’Hm.’’ He heard a voice grumble to itself. Due to how high-pitched it was not; it was not very difficult to deduce that it belonged to a male of some kind. He did not know what it was, but it was obvious it was not from this world.

With time, the sound of the growing fires started to sound in the distance, loud screams of panic, voices crying out for help.

The sound of sudden movement sounded, and then there was nothing but silence.

The water rippled, making the shrapnel move a little in place.

He waits a little before finally opening his eye again.

His eyes are immediately snapped shut, as he notices the figure standing right in front of him. Its back is turned to him and at the bottom of its cloak; he can see a tail emerge. It clearly belongs to a reptilian creature.

What he assumes to be shoulder pads, he sees two long elongated shoulder pieces. They resemble a standard shoulder piece of one’s armor, but more stretched and curving.

As he observes this remarkable being, he cannot help but feel…cold, as the creature is this close to him. Like hair under water, the creature cloak seems to float in the same manner.

Eventually, it seems to disappear away, floating away. Turning South, it begins to fly float away. Going off on its own journey, wherever that may eventually lead.

This young, injured, unable to defend for itself lad, even he knows that every being, even those of darkness, have a journey. Where that journey leads are up to the individual, not its superiors, not Kings and Queens.

He does not know who or what, this thing is, but he cannot help being intrigued by it. Its mystery is its greatest weapon; it petrifies one in place by one’s own curiosity for answers. He is infatuated by it because he does not know it.

‘’I’m sorry.’’ The Colt says.

Suddenly, the figure stops in the air.

His eyes widen as this happens.

There is nothing but a silence between them. The figure’s cloak continuing to float through the air in its still ‘’floaty’’ manner.

Finally, its head turns around, and from behind the hood, it looks back towards the creatures’ real face. Seeing not but an annoyed frown.

‘’Damn! I missed one of you.’’ His body turned around all the way, staring down at him in hateful rage.

Extending an arm, the figure reaches out towards him. His body begins to drift towards the small, injured child…

‘’Worthless, you are all useless.’’ It hisses as it approaches him. Its arm extends out reveal five small nubs on the end.

‘’But I believe that the time has come for us to end this little game of ours…And what better to go out than a deadly haze of glory?’’

In the palm of his hand, a ball of energy forms, it’s red energy growing larger, and progressively rougher by the second.

‘’This energy ball is certainly strong enough to kill you, Equestrian, but it will also give you a small moment to endure the pain of the universe.’’ His frown shifted into a devious grin.

‘’Prepare to suffer as I have, Equine!’’ His sick pleasure rises to an incredible level, as he thrusts his hand forward, sending the ball of energy forward, shooting it towards the injured child…

-

Returning to the present, the Colt is carried away by several paramedics and doctors into a medical room.

Three giant bloody injuries have cut across his face, though the blood seems to have been incarcerated.

Shaken from his ordeal, he cannot sit down on the bed. Even as the doctors try to secure him so they can attend his injured leg, he cannot help moving as if he is possessed by the very nature of fear itself.

The doctors, and everyone else trying to save his life, finally manage to restrain him long enough to remove the shrapnel from his leg and at the very least apply something to the wound to incarcerate it from becoming infected, and bleeding out before the surgery.

Giving the Colt something to help him make sleep while they prepared for the surgery he easily feels asleep…

However, to the doctors and nurses greatest surprise, while performing their surgery on his leg’s injury, he suddenly woke up. Acting frantic, and panicking as if the demon Tirek, himself, was in the room with them.

-

A good distance away, hovering silently through the air, a figure wearing red robes, was approaching a large chain of mountains in the Southern Region. Atop a large plain, there stood a large collection of skyscrapers, and highly advanced technological buildings and structures.

Silent, the cloaked individual just stared back. The water had not managed to get high enough to reach up pass the mountain tops…

Which meant that whoever resided there had been able to escape his wrath.

No one, not even a child, was going to escape from this!

Extending a hand out from behind his cloak, he pointed it towards the city.

A devilish smirk on his face, as his eyes narrowed.

In the palm of his head, a ball of black, crackling energy formed.

‘’Well, as much as I enjoy punishing you cretins for your pathetic insolence I think it is about time that we concluded our business together.’’ The energy ball by this point had become as large as three Equestrian heads.

‘’Hi-YAAAAHHHHHHH!’’

With a thrust forward, the ball of energy shot forward.

Down through the air, it speeds towards the city.

The ground shook, the towering skyscrapers shook, some cracked as tremors appeared through their surfaces, others collapsed, some of the remaining stone formations that the builders of the city had preserved crumbled, being reduced down to giant piles of rubble. The energy ball emitting so much energy that anything it came into contact crumbled and at the worst of cases, were torn to shreds and dissolved into nothing.

As they came into contact with it, several of the skyscrapers, as they were swallowed up by the ball of energy left nothing but burnt, singeing scorch marks.

Finally coming into contact with the ground in the city’s center, it exploded, detonating it, and sending off a giant explosion of fire, pressured air.

As it expanded outwards, forming a horizontal half-circle, it encompassed the entire city, bright light being generated from the half-sphere.

The half-sphere erupted, unleashing a bright white light that surrounded everything, and blinded any onlookers that looked towards it. Raising an arm, he shielded his eyes from the light, preventing being blinded by it.

Seeing the white through his cloak beginning to die down, he lowered his arm back down. The sight that greeted him was that of a large, desolated crater with no signs of life present. He smiled at this, and began descending down towards the surface.

With a gentle *Tap* his feet were firmly planted on the burning ground.

Looking down with a frown, he could feel the heat as he came into contact with it. However, with a serious expression he ignored it. Just standing there silently.

Holding his head low, he looked down towards the ground, grinning at the sight of it.

-

Far in the distance, a shape penetrated through the thicket of clouds. The hum of its engines entering into the airspace.

Through the glass of the ship’s cockpit, the pilot’s eyes narrowed as it caught sight of the burning ruins in the distance.

Pulling the control closer, the small ship speed forward. Heading towards its destination.

Before long, through the ship’s viewport glass, its pilot could see Cloudsdale.

A couple of buttons were pressed, and it started to slow down, decreasing in speed as it reached a much more calming approaching speed.

From Cloudsdale, onlookers could spot the incoming ship from afar. Civilians and guards, alike, reported the sighting of the ship to the authorities/higher ranked.

Circling the city, a couple times, the ship finally seemed to be coming in for a landing. It’s course seemingly being the Northern City Sector closest to where the Pegasus Military was located.

A small crowd had gathered on the small platform where it was landing, watching in awe as it touched down. Hatches opening up on the bottom, as the ship touched down against the soft cloud-cushioned surface. Much too many astonishments

A hatch atop the ships cockpit opened. Followed by a figure shortly emerging from it.

The figure jumped down, landing on the clouds…

Without falling through them. Taking a step forward, it approached a Pegasus in a grey uniform. With its head hung low, it looked down at the Mare, who greeted the eyes. A stern look upon its face…

With a loud roar of the ship’s engines, it sped away from the North, hurrying with all haste towards the Southern Region.

‘’Not today you are not.’’

Then with tremendous speed, the ship shot forward, emitting a shockwave as it thrust forward, increasing its speed more.

Author's Note:

(Edit: Yeahhhh, i screwed up big-time. It turns out that instead of posting the actual chapter, i posted the final chapter by mistake...Uhhh...There is no excuse for such a mistake.