• Published 3rd Jun 2016
  • 346 Views, 2 Comments

Battle of Gods - EmperorDalek



On a planet far away, a battle of three great entities will determine the fate of a planet bound conflict. Who will emerge victorious? Which side will survive, while the other perishes?

  • ...
 2
 346

Chapter 1

*Meanwhile, in another corner of space…*

On a barren planet, a large battle raged. In the air above, large Starships flew in the air above, swopping down, and releasing forth concentrated energy blasts that shot down towards the ground, with violent force, the beams hit their target, causing the ground to explode, sending upwards former-mass of the ground. With heavy *thuds* their enemies fell down onto the ground, their mouths hanging open, as their bodies lay, dead, upon the ground, smoke rising up from them. Equestrians charged forward towards a heavily fortified bunker that lay at the end of the up-scale run towards the top of the bunker.

Behind fortified walls, the Ponies’ enemies were gathering within a meeting chamber. Creatures with silver armor stood gathered around a large highly advanced table, which showed holographic map of the surrounding area. The form’s handlebars on the sides of their heads, indicating their higher ranking.

‘’Cyber Unit 5 reports that the Ponies are pushing their offensive on our location. It is evident that they seek to take Cyber Command. Starships have already attempted a bombing run of the bunker, but the Anti-aircraft Turrets have forced them to withdraw…Their ground forces are still making a final push to take the bunker.’’ One of the armored figures, indicating it’s hoof towards the mountain ridge on the map.

‘’The Brain Machine has estimated a 90% chance that should the Equestrians secure this region, our defenses shall suffer greatly. The technologies being developed here could potentially break the stalemate and end the war.’’ Another one of the silver beings spoke.

‘’That is a definite. We do not require a computer to tell us that!’’ A booming voice spoke, interrupting the debate between the Cyber Commanders. The other figures in the room turned, and looked behind them towards the other end of the room. A door swung open, entering into the wall, and a silver figure adorning a chest plate, entered into the chamber.

‘’Cyber Lord.’’ One of the Cyber Commanders spoke, as it like the rest, observed the newcomer’s arrival, silently, and with a deadpanned expression, observing as it approached the table and group of them.

‘’The Emotional Computer suggests that we should feel honored to be graced by your presence.’’ One of the Commanders spoke.

‘’Honor is irrelevant. Victory is no small price to pay for banishing emotional interaction from our minds.’’ Said the Cyber Lord, turning it’s head, and looking it’s blank, emotionless eyes towards the particular Commander. It turned away, looking it’s face towards another one of the Commanders. ‘’Report status of main defense!’’ It instructed. The Commander, merely bowed it’s head in response, and turned itself back towards the holographic map, craning it’s head slightly downwards.

‘’As observed today, the Ponies have been pushing their advances harder. Our defenses are halting their advance, but it will be only a matter of time before they penetrate it, and overtake this sector of Cyber Command. Even with our superior technology, our numbers have dwindled, greatly. Reinforcements are required if their assault is to be halted.’’ The Commander said, pointing it’s hoof towards specific points on the map. The Cyber Lord observed, not uttering a word, whilst the Commander was speaking.

‘’Identify how many Cyber Units are stationed here at this region!’’ Ordered the Cyber Lord.

‘’As of this very moment, our current strength is at two thousand Cyber Units…But most of them are spread out across the region, engaged with the enemy on multiple fronts. Reports confirm that they are withstanding the Ponies’ assaults better us.’’ A Commander from across the table spoke up – The Lord turned it’s head, looking up towards the Commander.

‘’And what of reinforcements from these other positions!? Can no forces be spared!?’’ It asked.

‘’Withdrawing the necessary requirements from those lines would demand them to be reinforced by one of the others.’’ The Commander answered. ‘’We could push them back with the necessary aid, but that would give the Ponies, currently engaged on those fronts, enough time to break through our weakened lines, and only hasten our loss of the region.’’ It followed up, very shortly after saying it.

‘’The new weapons that are being developed…Can they not be deployed against the Ponies!?’’ Asked the Cyber Lord, as it looked out, slowly turning it’s head, and looking at the Commanders. The Commanders remained silent for a little while.

‘’The Science Division reports that weapons have been constructed, and can be deployed, post-haste, against them…’’ A Commander with blue streaks running down the sides of it’s front hooves, signifying it’s position, spoke up, but paused mid-way through. ‘’But further tests are required before deployment is an option.’’ The Lord turned it’s head, looking towards the Commander.

‘’Identify the cause of delay!’’ It instructed.

‘’There is no silo that reaches all the way up to the surface, as we did not expect the Ponies to launch their assault at this moment. It had been quiet, as of late.’’ The blue-streaked Commander replied.

‘’Then we have a weapon, but no means to deploy it to the battle zone!?’’ The Lord asked the Commander.

‘’Affirmative.’’

*One hour into the battle*

Outside the mountain, on the sides of the mountain, the ground exploded as Ponies continued to charge up the side of the mountain, their goal: the bunker, though, no one said that it would be easy. Heavy Turrets fired down towards the advancing enemy forces, most of the time it hit it’s mark, it’s most easiest targets being the grounded Earth Ponies, but the Pegasus Ponies proved to be quite a challenge, as they merely flew to the side, dodging it’s deadly energy blasts, Unicorns too, attempted to gallop up the mountainside, using their magic to create energy shields which managed to deflect a few of the energy blasts, but when they came in a heavily concentrated discharge, there was nothing they could do to ensure that the beams did not get through, making the ground underneath them to explode, killing them instantly.

Cybermares, slowly, marched down the mountainside, their hooves held, as they fired fatal beams of energy down towards their Pony attackers. Alongside the Drone-version of the Cybermares, Spider-like tripod objects moved down alongside them, missile launchers standing on both sides of these ghastly machines, as they unleashed barrages of powerful missiles raining down towards the enemy force that was galloping up towards them.

All around the two battling opponent factions, trees had been mutilated and destroyed, plains had been reduced to black surfaces, up from which, the black smoke seemed to be the only thing that came, forests were decimated, and left in a dead and burning state. The fire being the only thing that moved there now. What had once been a beautiful landscape, had been decimated by a time spent taking lives.

Being by a beam from one of the Ponies’ weapons, sparks exploded outwards from the Cybermare’s chest, it screamed out, as electrical surges ravaged it’s body…Before it finally backwards/forwards, landing with a loud *thud* against the ground.

From it’s hoof-mounted wrist laser, a Cybermare fired a beam of energy down towards one of the galloping Ponies. The beam hit the Ponies’ left hoof, making it fall forward, landing face-first down into the ground. The Pony lifted itself up, looking it’s eyes out in front of it…What it saw, and heard, were the loud *clanking* hoof steps of the Cybermare, the same one that had hit him, as it moved closer towards him. Turning his head to the side, he could merely watch, as the other members of this particular Cybermare’s squadron, continued down the mountainside towards his comrades.

*Clanking stops*

Suddenly, within his body, his heart sunk. His eyes widened, and he turned his head back, looking his eyes back, as he encountered a pair of silver hooves that greeted him. He raised his head, looking his eyes up towards the blank face of the awaiting Cybermare, as it stood over him. He tried to stand himself back up, only to fall back down. A cold wind brushed against his hoof, passing through the large hole in his hoof.

As it stood towering over him, the Cybermare did not utter a single word. It, somehow, seemed to respect his final moments. There was no way any of his comrades could reach him in time to save him.

*The Cybermare raised it’s right arm, aiming it’s wrist cannon towards him*

This was the end of the line for him. There was no escaping this close encounter for him.

‘’Science Officer!’’ He heard one of his comrade’s shout from behind the advancing Cybermares. He closed his eyes, sighing, heavily. His eyes opened, and he lay his head down on the ground – The Cybermare’s wrist cannon, following his movements – He groaned, softly.

‘’Just make it quick, damn you.’’ He said under his breath. The Cybermare did not utter a word to his reluctant request – It merely raised it’s arm, pointing it towards his head. He drew breath once more, then closed his eyes, awaiting his death at the hooves of this silver creature. His ear perked itself upwards, as the sound of approaching ships arriving, received his attention. Above him, in the sky, he could hear the doors hissing open.

Suddenly, the Cybermare’s chest was pierced by a long, sharp, blade. From the impact alone, the Cybermare was pushed back away from him. In sheer spur of the moment, he raised his head, looking up, the sparks to flew out from the front and back of it’s chest, as the sharp tip came out the back.

He managed to stand himself up a little bit, but in his injured condition, he could not do much movement. Using all his strength and his energy, he managed to stand himself up, turning himself around, but not without much pain, and falling back – As gently, as he could – against a rock, and resting himself, right there.

His eyes looked out in front of him, his ears heard the sound of a sword being pulled out, it’s blade scraping against the surface of something that sounded like steel, unleashing another heavy barrage of sparks out from the Cybermare’s chest, it fell down, it’s body crashing down onto the ground…Now lifeless and inert.

While he was exhausted, and virtually, drained of any resistance, he could make out the form of the being that had saved him from the Cybermare. A Mare of tall stature, wielding golden armor, and a golden blade in her magical grasp, stood in front of him. He opened his mouth to try and speak, but he was too exhausted to do so.

‘’P-Princess…’’ Were the only the words he managed to say before losing consciousness. His hoof fell down, falling down upon the ground.

‘’Science Officer!’’ The Princess shouted, as she took notice of his unconscious form, resting behind her. Her mind was drawn, however, was attracted back towards the battle currently at hoof – Bringing her sword up, as an energy blast shot towards her, swinging her sword towards it, catching it, and deflecting it down into the ground, making the ground explode upwards, sending a large cloud of dust upwards, surrounding the Alicorn.

The surrounding Cybermares looked forward, their electronic eyes looking towards the position where the Alicorn newcomer had been standing only a few moments ago.

The army of Ponies had stopped, looking their eyes up towards the same place the Cybermares were looking. But they too, saw only the collection of rising dust and smoke that arose from her standing spot.

A Cybermare raised it’s hoof, holding it up against it’s chest.

‘’Cyber Command, we report that one of the Princesses, Princess Celestia, has been eliminated.’’ The Cyber Unit spoke.

Meanwhile, from above, the Transport Ship that had brought the Princess there, opened it’s doors, once again. Out from behind the space behind the doors, a darkly silhouetted figure jumped, soundlessly, outwards. It pointed itself downwards, adjusting it’s course. A hoof reached down inside the figure’s cloak, grasping hold of a hilt. The figure crossed it’s eyes, narrowing them, as it looked down towards one of the Cybermares.

‘’Once the remaining Pony opposition has been eliminated, w-‘’

A small, flat surface cut through it’s words, cutting it’s speech short.

With a gentle touch, the figure touched down against the devastated ground, underneath. Both the Cybermares and the Ponies turned their attention towards the newcomer. But unlike the blank, expressionless faces of the Cybermares, the Ponies gained wide, confident smiles, as they beseeched the newcomer.

With a quick motion, the newcomer’s eyes shot open, and looked out towards the Cybermares present at the site.

*In that exact moment, in another part of the world, on a completely different continent*

Far off, in a distant, almost desolate region, within a room inside the topmost tallest tower of a large structure at the center of a vast city, a pair of eyes shot open, as it’s head shot up. Sitting atop a throne, a tall creature sat p it’s appearance bearing close resemblances to that of an Alicorn.

Suddenly, as if called for, it’s chair started to *bleep*. It continued *bleeping* until it’s horn started to glow, causing a button on it’s chair to be pressed. Out in front of it, a holographic image of an equine shape to appear before it.

‘’My Lord!’’ it said, bowing it’s head down in respect to the bipedal figure. ‘’The situation has developed in the Cardolan region. The Equestrians are pushing their advance in that sector. The Cybermares’s forces have been able to hold them at bay for the moment…But the situation has now grown dire, as two high powered energy signatures has entered onto the battlefield, and are now slaughtering the Cybermare defense forces. It is my belief that the Equestrians have unleashe new elite warriors onto the battlefield to contest our forces’s control of the Cardolan region.’’ The hologram said. The tall Alicorn’s face tightened, as an angry grimace settled on it.

‘’Has the Cyber Lord been captured or killed?’’ It asked the hologram.

‘’No, my Lord. The Cyber Commanders are still within Cyber Command, and are awaiting rienforcements from the Capital City of Cardolan.’’ Replied the hologram.

‘’But there are none who can come to it’s aid…Except one.’’ The Alicorn said. The Equine’s face turned pale, it’s pupils shrunk, and a fearful expression settled on it’s face.

‘’B-but, my Lord…You cannot possibly mean…’’ The Equine started to protest.

‘’It is time for the beast to join on the battlefields.’’ The Alicorn said. ‘’You would have not come seeking my council were there rienforcements that could be sent…’’ It closed it’s eyes shut, lowering it’s head. ‘’The offenses have demanded quite a lot from us…’’It’s eyes opened, and it raised it’s head, looking back towards the Pony. ‘’From what word we’ve received, that region is too valueable to be lost. We are without any other options left.’’ It’s crossed it’s eyes, angrily. ‘’Prepare a ship…’’ It paused. ‘’The Beast will be sent to contest with these…Ponies.’’

As it stood itself up from it’s throne. An evil smile settled on it’s face, spreading from ear to ear, as it narrowed it’s eyes. It’s eyes looked back down towards the Equine with a decreased smile. ‘’Also, have the Leash made ready, immediately. From what i’ve just been told, these…Elites will not go down without a fight.’’ It instructed.

‘’A-as you wish, my Lord. It shall done at once.’’ He said, nervously, bowing his head. Then, the hologram disappeared.

The Alicorn stood up, and trotted down the steps towards the floor. It approached the door, raising it’s hoof, and pointed it towards the door, the horn atop it’s head, started to glow, and in response to that, the doors swung open, and the Alicorn headed out into the hallways that awaited it.

Author's Note:

Don't worry, this is just the Prologue chapter. The next one will include some awesome action:raritywink:
Constructive criticism is always appreciated :twilightsmile: