• Published 4th Apr 2016
  • 815 Views, 16 Comments

A Sunset For My Life. - PrismStrike



How one small pony changed my life forever.

  • ...
1
 16
 815

Chapter 11. Breakfast

The next morning having set my alarm just before going to bed to wake up before the others should. After showering and making that call to my Doctors office to set up an appointment i actually go and start up on making some breakfast, putting on bacon and eggs for myself and my best friend along with eggs and home fries for my little girl. While those cook I start setting up for coffee only to hear my friends voice.

"Morning, you sleep well?" she asks as she comes over and sits at the table.

I turn to her smiling while letting my body finish up with the coffee. "I slept alright once I finally did. Was up late though just going through old memories." As I finish setting up the coffee pot I turn my attention back to it turning it on before getting out two cups setting them both down next to the now brewing coffee.

"That's good to hear" my friend says "breakfast smells good by the way"

"Thanks I figured I would do something nice for our first morning here" I say as i flip the eggs, bacon and move around the home fries. Shortly after breakfast has finished cooking and I have started to plate it i hear the distinct clip clop of hooves coming down the stairs.

"Morning daddy" Sunset says happily as she enters the kitchen "Breakfast smells as good as always" she remarks as she makes her way to the table nodding to my friend and giving her a hug before she joins her at the table.

"Thanks sweetheart" I reply as i bring the plates over and we begin our breakfast. After a few bites I stop eating putting down my fork and looking over to my little angel. "So Sunset. I have something special planned for us this afternoon. I know over the years it has been really hard on you not being able to practice your special abilities. so I figured that since we now have all this space to work with, that we would create a clearing for you to be able to practice in." My heart absolutely melts at her smile

"REALLY?!" she practically yells out in surprise and glee "You really mean it daddy? I know it was for the best with where we lived but i always hated not being able to really practice my magic." As she finishes speaking she practically leaps out of her chair and across the table to throw her hooves around my neck in a loving hug. "Oh daddy I Can't tell you how happy I am-" at this point she has started to nuzzle her cheek against mine affectionately and has started making a sound almost like a purr. "-I love you so much daddy"

Tears dot at my eyes as i hold my little girl tight against me "I...I love you to Sunset. So very much more than words can ever describe." Holding my daughter in this loving and tender embrace I don't even notice my friend get up and leave for work, picturing in my mind all the fun me and my daughter will have when we get to work on making her a training area.

Author's Note:

the inspiration for this story just keeps on coming. sorry for the short chapters but when i feel a chapter is done its hard for me to keep writing. Hope you are all enjoying this. Any and all input on this story would be extremely appreciated good or bad i honestly wanna hear from you all

Comments ( 1 )

continue it this is a good story

Login or register to comment