• Published 4th Apr 2016
  • 814 Views, 16 Comments

A Sunset For My Life. - PrismStrike



How one small pony changed my life forever.

  • ...
1
 16
 814

Chapter 9. The Big Move

It is almost 2 weeks later when everything is finally set up legally for the move, all of the small items in the apartment packed, The appliances boxed up, the furniture stripped down and everything stacked or pushed into the main room ready for movers to come and get it. Me, my friend and Sunset though are having one final conversation.

"So everything is ready then, we just have to figure out a way to get Sunset downstairs and into my car without anyone seeing her" my friend starts off summing up everything we had gone over during the past hour.

"More or less" I agree with a soft sigh "It's just getting her down there without being seen. Any thoughts sweetheart." I add before looking towards my darling little Sunset.

"Well. I do have an idea but it wont be the most comfortable for me." She begins as she lights up her horn. A moment later a large hiking backpack comes floating over to the table laying itself out on it. "This bag is big enough to hold me but I will have to curl up a little and bring in my hooves. It won't be the most comfortable trip down but I shouldn't be seen at all so long as I am quiet." She looks up at me from her chair almost beaming with pride at her simple plan.

I look at my sweet and innocent little girl for a few moments trying to think of how it could fail only to find myself asking "Are you sure sweetheart?"

Without missing a beat or even losing her smile she nods "Yes Daddy, I can put up with being a little cramped for a minute or two so nothing bad happens."

With a smile i lean over and give her a loving hug "Alright sweety, if you are sure." With that i turn to my friend "Alright go and get the car into place in front of the building. I'll get Sunset into the bag, hopefully as comfortably as possible and then I'll come down."

"alright, no problem" My friend smiles as she turns to Sunset herself. "You are going to love your new home once you see it, I'm sure of it." After giving Sunset a big hug my friend goes off downstairs to get her car into place.

"Alright Sunset this is it." I say as i help her up onto the table to make helping her into the bag easier. Once she is in and as comfortable a she can be I carefully lift it up setting it onto my back. After opening my front door I check and make sure no one is in the hallway before hurrying over to the elevator, waiting the tense few moments for it to get to my floor. As the doors open I am relieved to find no one else in it, making my way in as quickly as I can. Another tense few moments are spent riding the elevator down to the main floor where once again my luck holds out and no one is there. Looking out the front glass doors i can see my friend, her car pulled up so that her passenger side door is only a few feet from the outer door.

Moving quickly across the short lobby I make my way through the doors and into my friends car, moving the backpack with Sunset in it around to my front as I get into the car. Before my belt is even on my friend is pulling away from the building and I'm undoing the zipper for the bag. I look down at my sweet little girl, the source of so much happiness in my life and smile, happier than i have ever been in my life up to that point. "We did it sweetheart, very soon we will be at our new home and you will get to pick out which room you want to be yours."

Sunset pokes her head out of the bag almost immediately a big smile on her face before she practically leaps out of into wrapping her hooves around me in a huge hug. "I'm so happy Daddy. I am so very excited to see our new home and explore it" She quickly curls up on my lap after breaking her near death grip hug on me while keeping her head up high enough to lookout the window which I am grateful my friend had tinted as heavily as was legal.



The drive takes almost an hour though its anything but boring as i watch Sunsets reaction to everything we pass. From going through the city as she finds herself in awe of the buildings and all the lights that shine even though its only the afternoon to the forests and farmland we find ourselves passing by as we leave the city and enter a much more rural area. eventually as we near our destination the houses get quite far apart with our nearest neighbors being a good distance up the road from us in either direction. Sunsets eyes light up as my friend pulls onto a dirt road surrounded on both sides by thick forest and her smile threatens to nearly split her face as we arrive at this wonderful looking 2 story home set in a clearing surrounded by forest on all sides save for the single car wide path leading up to it.

The moment the car comes to a stop, before my friend has even turned it off Sunset has opened the door, leaping out onto the ground and gone galloping up towards the house. A few moments later as me and my friend get up to the front porch Sunset is there pacing in front of the door "Oh Daddy this place looks amazing i can't wait to see inside." she stops pacing as we step onto the porch looking up at me and my friend expectantly.

My friend wastes no time in producing a key and with what almost seems like practice has unlocked and opened it allowing Sunset to race off inside. The inside of the place blows me away as its rather nicely furnished though some items are missing notably things i already had. I look to my friend but she is already smiling. "Whats that look for, did you think I was just going to help you get a place and not make sure it was a real home for your daughter." she smiles and smirks as she hands me the keys.

Instead of just taking them I pull her into a tight hug "Thank you. Thank you so much. Honestly I have no idea how I would have managed without you these last 5 years. I just know i would have screwed something up" even though i try to fight it tears slowly work their way down my face as i continue to hug my friend.

"Hey, hey its no problem and you give yourself too little credit. you had already been taking care of her for awhile before I came by, I have no doubt you would have been good." She smiles and returns the hug tightly and we both just stand there for a few moments hugging and listening to Sunset's squeals of happiness as she explores our new home.

Author's Note:

wasnt expecting to get this out but i got inspired today. Hope yall enjoy this and from here things begin to pick up.