• Published 13th Jun 2012
  • 1,308 Views, 9 Comments

Ma and Pa - Twilicorn



Written for 30 Min Pony Prompts.

  • ...
 9
 1,308

Chapter Two

Applejack sat uneasily in her chair, fidgeting awkwardly as Twilight sat next to her with a comforting smile. Granny Smith had just set food on the table, and they were all staring at the orange mare, trying to figure out what was going on. Finally, Apple Bloom broke the silence.

"What's wrong Applejack?" Asked Apple Bloom, eliciting what appeared to be a glare from Big Macintosh.

"Now Apple Bloom," began Granny Smith, but Applejack cut her off.

"It's fine Granny. Now, I have big news," started Applejack, and Twilight magically lifted the letter towards Applejack. She took a deep breath before continuing. "Do you remember Ma and Pa?"

"Eeyup," sighed Big Mac, accompanied by a nod from Granny Smith.

"No," stated Apple Bloom in her western accent, and Granny Smith turned towards her with shock in her eyes.

"You don't remember my son and his wife?"

"Nope. Remember? They left me with y'all when I was a baby."

"Anyhow," continued Applejack, now just wanting to get this over with. "They're gone."

"Well, duh!" Exclaimed Apple Bloom. "They've been gone for years!"

"No, Apple Bloom," sniffed Applejack, tears reforming in her eyes. "Gone forever." Twilight watched each member of the family's reactions with shock, and pity grew in her heart for the family. Granny Smith had collapsed on the table and appeared to have gone in to shock. Big Macintosh's eyes became emotionless, and he began staring at the wall, inadvertently banging his hoof on the bottom of the table rhythmically. However, Apple Bloom's was the most emotional.

"Do you mean to tell me," asked the filly, her voice raising with every word, "That my parents, the ones I have no memories of whatsoever, are dead and I've never met them?" The filly's eyes filled with fury, and Twilight turned fully towards the filly, reaching a hoof out to comfort her. "Don't. Touch. Me." Stated Apple Bloom with a steely voice, before standing from the table. "I am going to my room." The filly then ran up the stairs, and you could hear screams slightly muffled by a pillow coming from the room.

"That went well," stated Twilight, completely serious. Applejack was leaning over Granny Smith, checking to see if she was alive. She was, having just fainted, and Applejack carried Granny Smith to a couch. Twilight waved her hoof in front of Big Macintosh's face, trying to get some sort of response out of him. His face did not change in the slightest, at least until he stood abruptly. He then stormed up the stairs, probably to follow Apple Bloom.

"Well?" Exclaimed Applejack, coming back to Twilight at the table. "I just through mah family into a state o' depression, and ya call that well?"

"They could've started yelling at you, or blaming it on me, or some other completely pointless expression of emotion."

"You always have to science-ify everythin', don't you Twilight? You don't know where books end and life begins." Applejack turned her back to Twilight, then turned her head to face her. "Y' can show yerself out." Twilight blinked and nodded, leaving the small home and turning down the trail to head back to her library.

Comments ( 1 )

YES!!!

Not yes about them being sad, but yes about the story continuing

:fluttercry: OH NO THEY'RE SAD :fluttercry:

EDIT: Didn't see yesterdays comment, I just assumed this would be ending cause it was one of those 30 minute ones, and are usually written as one shots, however finished they feel.

Login or register to comment