• Published 12th Jun 2012
  • 955 Views, 14 Comments

Bars - runeplay2



When two ponies jobs both involve bars, it's inevitable that they meet, right?

  • ...
1
 14
 955

Chapter 4

Trotting towards Sweet Apple Acres, Octavia continued to fruitlessly quiz her self-acclaimed “guide to Ponyville”.

“All right, Vinyl, can you at least tell me what this ever so fabulous restaurant looks like?”

“Nope!” Vinyl continued to snicker, enjoying Octavia’s stream of guesses and questions.

“Are we going to be at “Orchard” soon, at least?”

Before Vinyl could reply, a voice rumbled behind her, “Eeyup.”

After the initial shock of having somepony sneak up behind her wore off, Octavia finally opened her eyes to take in the behemoth of a stallion before her. While she was no stranger by any means to large ponies—the Orchestra’s benefactor being Celestia herself—she had never seen anypony noticeably taller than herself up close. And he wasn’t just tall; he was well built! To say that Octavia was intimidated by the mysterious stallion would have been an understatement.

“Hey Big Mac!” Vinyl’s already wide grin grew larger as she sauntered right up to stallion, giving him a borderline playful slug on the shoulder.

“That tickled. You gettin’ soft, on me, Vinyl?” He joked as he pushed her over as though she were a leaf.

“Oh, I’ll show you soft!” Vinyl quickly returned to her hooves, only to tackle the larger pony with a pounce.

As the two began making quips at each other, Octavia finally realized what was going on. They weren’t siblings, that much was obvious. And the only other ponies who playfully roughhoused followed it up with…

“Vinyl!” Octavia finally burst out, waiting for the right moment in-between insults, “I thought you were taking me to a restaurant, not having me watch you and your coltfriend ‘do it’!”

The pair on the ground stare in silence, looking between themselves.

“Well? What do you have to say for yourselves?”

Her question was responded to with a roar of laughter from both ponies.

“Well shoot, Ah though Ah taught those two better,” came a new voice from behind Octavia.

“Hmph.” Were it not for her seeming attempt to bore holes through the two roughhousing before her, she probably would have been startled just as much when Big Macintosh had spoken.

“Ah heard what ya said, an’ ya don’t have ta worry ‘bout it.”

“Oh, really?” Octavia deadpanned.

“They’re both gay.”

That particular bit of news was enough of a shock to Octavia to distract her from her attempt incinerate them with her eyes.

“That massive hunk of…?” Octavia stare doe-eyed.

“Yep. Pretty big disappointment to quite a few mares in town. Anyhoot, my name’s—“

The new, Stetson-clad pony was interrupted by a growl from Octavia’s stomach, which elicited a suppressed giggle.

“Is Applejack, and this is Sweet Apple Acres—more precise, our new restaurant, The Orchard. What’s yer’ name?”

“Hungry,” Octavia joked as she followed her host into the barn with a newly lacquered sign that read “The Orchard.”

“Well, ‘Hungry’, ya came to the right place...” Applejack chuckled as she lead her guest into the bustling restaurant.

----------------------------------------------------Bars-------------------------------------------

As ‘Hungry’ left, she soon considered changing her name to ‘Stuffed’.

“Oh man, there is nothing like seeing a first-time visit to that place!” The DJ beside her howled with laughter, seeing Octavia’s face—almost ready to toss her apples from the amount she had just eaten.

“Ugh,” Octavia moaned, ignoring her overly-peppy companion, “I cannot believe I ate that last pie…”

“Yeah, well, the one place I can tell you to go—though, I can’t be caught dead in there—is the Bubbles and Buttercup Spa.”

“I feel like I’m… Wait a second!” Octavia’s distended stomach was immediately forgotten at the mention of a spa.

“Oh my goodness, I can’t believe they have one here! And you will be caught dead, because you and I are going there!”

“Umm… I completely forgot where it is?”

The un-amused stare she received told Vinyl that there was no escaping it, that she was going to the spa, and she was going now.

Comments ( 1 )

Really good story! :pinkiehappy: Chapters to short, though. :pinkiesad2:

Login or register to comment