• Published 12th Feb 2016
  • 379 Views, 6 Comments

The Book of Awesomeness - Kimmo Rabies Pronger



Rainbow Dash publishes a book about how awesome she is.

  • ...
1
 6
 379

Chapter W

I hope you're ready young Colts and Filies! Because we're about to go into one of my personal favourite chapters in this book!

A part of being awesome is winning. Winning, we all love it. Don't you deny it. Somepony like Twilight Sparkle will say something like, "It's not about winning. It's about having fun!" Trust me when I say that she is lying. Twilight, I love you, but with all due respect, you don't know what it means to win. (She probably got mad when she was proofreading this part of the book.)

To win means to prove something. When I compete in all sorts of races, I am out there to prove something to the world. Lots of ponies out there hate my guts and honestly, I relish in that. Because once I prove that I am not a joke, they will not be able to argue my skills in flying. Talk is cheap and unlike them, I don't do cheap!

See, Twilight doesn't exactly know what it means to win because to just have fun when competing or playing a game with your friends is like saying you don't want to put extra salt or pepper in your food to make it tastier. If winning isn't part of your motivation to compete or play, what is even the point of taking part?

Sure you can have fun when competing or playing games, I'm not saying you shouldn't. However, the most fun you get out of it comes when you're standing on top of the hill as the victor. Also, let me ask you something, when you train for a tournament, do you even have the thought of "I'm going to compete to be the best but second place is fine"? No? That doesn't make sense, you say? Well, of course it doesn't!

When I compete, I don't just compete with other ponies. I compete with myself. I am my own harshest critic and when I lose, I immediately train extra hard for the next competition! I know that if I don't get first place, I wasn't at my best. Now, that isn't to say that I can be the best at everything you could be good at. Like for example, I would lose in a flash of being an actual bully. Heh... No, but seriously, while we cannot be the best in everything, which is okay, we can be the best in what we do best.

However, it's tough to have constant motivation to be the best you can be to win. You wanna know who fuels my drive to win the best? Applejack. I love Applejack because she gets what I define as winning the best and therefore, she has the honour of being my eternal rival! That hardheadedness and stubborn attitude is what I admire in her because in turn, it brings out my own desire to win even more!

Rivals are just the best. Rivalries create spectacles for watchers and brings out the best in those of us who compete. Best friends often make the greatest rivals. So even though I really like Applejack, I also see her as a worthy adversary to take down by winning in front of her. Her skills with that lasso makes me feel cautious of where I take myself with my speed because I sure as heck don't wanna end up being caught up in her grasp and unable to move. Nope!

As much as I love winning, I have to acknowledge the fact that even an awesome pony as myself loses from time to time. Let me tell you, I sometimes fear losing. Because when you're supposed to be the best and you lose, you can bet your flank that critic after critic will often try to butt in line in order to be the first in taking shots at you. That goes double for the ponies that really hate your guts. Then again, with an attitude from a pony like myself, that's something I have to live with.

When I lose, often I'm reluctant to acknowledge the fact that they beat me. Sore loser, you might say, but hear me out. Somepony better than me is the vision of who I could be in real life. I already said that the pony I'm constantly trying to compete with is myself. If I come in second place and not first, then clearly I didn't do enough to beat myself in a race. I give credit where credit is due, though. It takes so much skill to beat a pony like me whose skills in flying comes around once every five-hundred lifetimes.

Whether I win or lose, though, I'll still be awesome. Ultimately, it's up to me to decide if I'm awesome or not. Win or lose, I am Rainbow Dash and when I'm Rainbow Dash, I win every time. The ponies that hate me will say what they want but I have to always remember that true victory comes when you focus on those who support you and love you, just like my main mares because their love will mean so much more than the mean things other ponies say will ever say. I want to complete that love...by winning.

So now you're probably asking, "Well, how do I start winning, Rainbow Dash?" Tough question and one that's for you to answer. I found my way of winning and my way isn't probably going to be your way. Well, most likely, it won't be. However, the first step is to find something you are good at and challenge yourself entirely. The first step to being a winner ultimately starts with you. If you believe in yourself and stick to the ponies that have your back every time you embark on a quest, you will win. Losing will keep your ego in check and serve as a learning tool. To win, you have to lose and when you lose, you're not done. Who says you have to be done after you lose? Well, your critics, maybe, but it's really nopony! Only you can tell yourself that!

Winning. Start doing it today, ponies! Because when you can discover your own way of being awesome, you're on the road to being a winner!

Comments ( 2 )

This was quite inspirational, especially since I'm currently struggling in my Calculus class~ :raritystarry:

6987622

Oh my! I'm glad you thought so! Ugh. Math in general is tough, but I'm glad that my story was able to service you. :)

Login or register to comment